The End of the world as we know it. 2/3 of the population will perish

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (32 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Sherlock221bposted 12 years ago

I'm so pleased, because my home needs painting, and I really hate painting.  Anything which we gets me out of having to do it is fine with me.

1. profile image0
      klarawieckposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Get a doctor's note "Unable to do any repetitive motion with arm" big_smile
      My husband tried that one on me last year. Didn't work but... Good luck!

2. Aficionada profile image79
    Aficionadaposted 12 years ago

"Rumor control"?????????

Oh my.

1. getpaidtopost profile image41
      getpaidtopostposted 12 years agoin reply to this

and NASA CNN ABC MNSBC USA TODAY

3. Uninvited Writer profile image78
    Uninvited Writerposted 12 years ago

Yeah...right...suuuure

4. Len Cannon profile image87
    Len Cannonposted 12 years ago

Show me one (1) story from ABC/CNN/MSNBC/ discussing this and I will become your servant for life.

1. Uninvited Writer profile image78
      Uninvited Writerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

lol

5. profile image0
    Sherlock221bposted 12 years ago

I also read from a very reliable publication that God is retiring and has asked Richard Dawkins if he will take on the role.

lol god haha there is no god imo

6. Aficionada profile image79

Maybe Harold Camping was just off by a few months?

7. Uninvited Writer profile image78
    Uninvited Writerposted 12 years ago

A lot like the scam that was going around last year...AS SEEN ON OPRAH...

8. Aficionada profile image79

Okay, I bit, out of curiosity.

The second link listed in the OP requires submitting an e-mail address and watching an advertisement video in order to see the video tell-all about the end of the world.  An insurance ad, no less.  lol  lol  lol  !!!!!  (No, I didn't proceed past that point.)

Is that permitted here? Anyway, I figured I would save someone some time, in case anyone else was also curious.

OP, you can just tell us what was in the video, since a lot of us don't want to hand out our e-mail addresses willy-nilly.  smile

EDIT:  I see that the link was snipped before I noticed it.  Well done, team.

1. Uninvited Writer profile image78
      Uninvited Writerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

The user name makes me suspicious.

1. Aficionada profile image79
        Aficionadaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Innnnn deeeeeeeedddd!

2. getpaidtopost profile image41

The username was created to get higher ranks in google at the time of creating this account the term get paid to post was highly searched with very little competition so dont be suspicious.

2. getpaidtopost profile image41

you what i dont think so, no advertisement think we have a trouble maker in our mist. here take a look from CNN Final  Alignment: Elenin – Earth  – Sun    Dec 21 2012 http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-640370

1. Quilligrapher profile image72
        Quilligrapherposted 12 years agoin reply to this

The iReport article found at http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-640370 is not an original CNN article. If you examine the page you will see it is a post from a registered user of the CNN web site with the ID OpenThineEye. The profile of this poster has been removed from the site.

Three of the notices displayed by CNN read as follows:   
        So you know: iReport is the way people like you report the news. The stories in this section are not edited, fact-checked or screened before they post.
        iReport is a user-generated section of CNN.com. The stories in this section are not edited, fact-checked or screened before they are posted.
        What does the label "not vetted by CNN" mean?
        The label "Not vetted by CNN" lets you know that this story hasn't been both checked and cleared by a CNN editor.

All of the information appears to be highly unreliable.  I did not research the NY Times and Washington Post quotes.  If you have an interest in end of the world scenarios, you might pass on this one. Even the last day of the Mayan calendar has more to offer.

3. getpaidtopost profile image41

Deleted

1. Aficionada profile image79
        Aficionadaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I hate to disillusion you, but I took pictures so that you could see what I mean.  You can see the URL at the top.  The first picture is the first screen that shows up at that address.

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/5382673_f248.jpg

When I clicked on the brown box, as required, this is the screen that showed up:

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/5382677_f248.jpg

In case you can't read the fuzzy writing, it reads:

Please Click on the Link below and submit your e-mail
        then be Ready 2012 will continue.

Find Out How to save on Car Insurance!

hey sorry my friend I did not see these ads on my screen they must be targeted for your area, I live in dubai and I did not see any ads just the video. got banned for two weeks because of this. which is not fare.
          Thanks for letting me know thought. smile

9. shogan profile image78
    shoganposted 12 years ago

getpaidtopost, why are you posting this?  wink

sorry, I just came across it and found it very interesting, sorry if it scares you wink

1. shogan profile image78
        shoganposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Do you believe in this?

I dont disbelieve it, im curious though and im going to follow this one

Why, though?  I'm genuinely curious, too.

10. paradigmsearch profile image60
    paradigmsearchposted 12 years ago

"The End of the world as we know it. 2/3 of the population will perish."

cool

11. Aficionada profile image79

Since you (OP) say you're not sure whether you believe it, you should know that on the actual, real NASA website they mention that there are scads of sites that claim to have information from NASA, but which are hoaxes.  I would tread very carefully.

Yes, and "this has been reported on all the major News channels including CNN ABC MSNBC USA TODAY" is always a red flag.  I've lost track of how many times I've seen wording like this.

12. LegendaryN8 profile image60
    LegendaryN8posted 12 years ago

If I take the report at face value, the comet would (theoretically) pass within .23 AU of earth.  That isn't even a near miss.  That's still over 20 million miles away.  We might get a cool meteor shower from it's debris though.

yes but this is enough to change our orbital pattern and out poles however I also see this on nasa website however it shows it to be a lot closer than our sun so I dont this these readings are correct at 20million miles as the sun is only about 3 million miles aways. everyone knows this planet on its current course will not collide with earth however the gravitational pull from this planet is the main concern.

1. LegendaryN8 profile image60
        LegendaryN8posted 12 years agoin reply to this

I thought it was a comet and not a planet?

I'm no physicist, but for something to change our orbital pattern from a distance of 20 MM miles away, it would have to be quite large (as in much larger than Earth), for it to do anything significant.

1. Castlepaloma profile image77
          Castlepalomaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

About 2/3 of the world will perish, is the other 1/3 of people happen to be Christians?

Jesus remarries Marry and gets sick over the cross around people’s neck, let start a worldwide gossip internet news flash!!!

13. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 12 years ago

Why worry about it we can't do anything about it?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)