Men and much younger women

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (11 posts)
  1. Gripper2 profile image60
    Gripper2posted 12 years ago

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/5388875_f248.jpg
    I have seen relationships that are sort of surprising to me. Separately, they seem perfectly average with no major issues. Together, as a couple, they become quite curious.
    As the title suggests, I am talking about a couple with huge gaps between their ages. Sometimes, he is double or more than her age. When I have seen it, it is almost always a 20ish girl and a 40 something man.
    Can anyone give a fairly educated theory that may help explain this?
    Now, I am not talking about saying he's perverted and she's using him. Of course, there may be a couple that fall under that assesment but most wouldn't I would think.
    We know that most don't approve of this and that would prompt some angry responses, which is fine, but I would love to hear a realistic view on this.
    Also, does anyone know of such relationships?
    How do they work out?
    What's your views on it?
    I'm looking forward to reading any response that comes in.
    Thank you

1. CARIBQUEEN profile image65
      CARIBQUEENposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Some young women have better luck with much older men.  Sometimes they look for a father figure or the men in question usually treat them much better than a younger man.  They may get better respect and the love may be more genuine than with a young person.  The man in question, however, may feel rejuvenated with a young female as a companion. Some men may feel more virile and in touch with things also they may genuinely want to love and cherish the young person.  Once they have things in common with each other and a strong communication level, they will be able to survive.

2. ubanichijioke profile image75
    ubanichijiokeposted 12 years ago

I am 24years. I really don't like girls that are immature ie girls below my age. Women a bit older appeal to me as mature and responsible.

For other people's opinion, i would love to read. Take care

3. Sneha Sunny profile image85
    Sneha Sunnyposted 12 years ago

I'm not sure that much people in cities do so (except in love marriages or some serious reasons). Because now people in cities usually prefer love marriages; they usually find a partner in colleges, so you can't see a lot of age difference there as they would be of the same age group with at-most 3-4 years of gap...that is fine. But people marrying with the age difference of 15 years or more are still practiced in extreme rural areas.... In rural areas marriages are fixed by elders (parents and family members)...but I can't think of a proper reason.... maybe the guy himself likes the girl and proposes the girl's family for marriage... Men may prefer a younger girl... But I can't explain about the girl's parents; why they agree... maybe if the guy is richer than them or...i don't know!! People there starts finding a groom at a very young age of their daughter, as soon as they become a teenager... maybe they prefer a mature man than a teenage boy of the same age as their daughter's. People may try to find a mature man who is earning and capable enough to support the family. 

I personally don't like such marriages. I think that's not fair. Why should a girl of 20 years get a guy of 40 years?? She should get a guy of around her age..

4. profile image56
    xenedraposted 12 years ago

Alot of older men like younger women because it makes them  feel young  and they can control the women. The younger woman likes the older man because more than likely he is already establish in society.It just depends on the couple.

1. cindi h profile image59
      cindi hposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I personally believe that younger woman who go for older men ( and I'm talking by 15 plus years older) are looking for a Father figure and someone to take care of them. Men, on the other hand, like the younger woman to make them feel younger and maybe as an ego boost.

5. cheaptrick profile image73
    cheaptrickposted 12 years ago

He wants to be young again and she has unresolved daddy issues.That huge age gap works all the way up until he's old old,shes still young and has to start changing his diapers.Something about poopy diapers seems to kill the romance for her...wonder why...

6. freecampingaussie profile image61
    freecampingaussieposted 12 years ago

Interesting to read what people think about age gap . I for the first time in my life fell i love with an amazing guy who I realised liked so many things I did , same music, travel, water sports etc , Love making I am now 46 & he is 64 yet looks and acts younger than some younger men .
    I had got to know him over a while tho .

If anything happened to him I wouldn't go looking for someone that much older now or would have then ,age didn't come into it.

there can be problems with generation gaps if you don't like & enjoy the same things in life.
    As you get older the age does,t matter as much but if girls are 18- 20 should marry someone who will want children etc start a life togeher rather than be with someone who has had a life !
    http://s3.hubimg.com/u/5403006_f248.jpg

7. Jonathan Janco profile image59
    Jonathan Jancoposted 12 years ago

I've been with women much younger than me and some much older. I really dont see an issue. It all depends upon the quality of the relationship.

8. thighhighchick profile image60
    thighhighchickposted 12 years ago

Although I have not been with a man much older than me I have been with an older woman. I was about 20 and she was in her 40's. She was beautiful and warm hearted. Although it was a short relationship we did have fun and I did things I would not have done at 20. We went to museums and shows etc. I would still consider her a friend

1. Gripper2 profile image60
      Gripper2posted 12 years agoin reply to this

That is an interesting point. You never really know what you may get to experience. smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)