who created god?

Jump to Last Post 1-42 of 42 discussions (147 posts)
  1. pisean282311 profile image62
    pisean282311posted 13 years ago

well this question often comes to my mind that if god created everything , who created him?..some say he was always there but if he was always there than what is he?..is he is energy which manifested itself as matter?..what do you think about it as per your faith?

1. johnsams profile image68
      johnsamsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

God always has existed and was never was created. There is nothing, anywhere in the universe that resembles Him.

2. pixi676 profile image61
      pixi676posted 13 years agoin reply to this

people for one thing dont believe everthing you hear or see.(on or off tv) but do believe the Bible-the only real and true thing in this world. read genesis it should tell you the answer to this question.---"In the beginning..."  If it doesnt tell then think about this--God created everything(including humans) the Bible does tell that. So God must have already existed. He had to in order to create everything. I dont think he just created Himself and humans didnt create Him, He crerated humans. So in my opinion, and maybe in fact, He has always been and will always be! Besides, if something or someone did create Him then i think they would have proclaimed it by now. don't you think?!

3. profile image49
      Gerald D'Aoustposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Dear Friends,
            being new here, this is my first post and being rather clumsy with computers I will be happy just to see if my reply eventually gets posted?
      I am impressed by the good conversations that you are having here on this forum as well by the knowledge of different people on various religions and also about various Gods and Goddesses.
      The present question "Who created God?" by Pisean is a very good one. The way this question is asked tells us that its author is a believer who doesn't deny the fact that God exists but just wants to know who created God?
      To answer this question properly, it would be appropriate to use a slightly different nomenclature which will give us the opportunity to make a few distinctions within the nature of the Supreme Deity.

Even though the Bible is a most excellent book among all the other Holy Scriptures of the world to learn about God, the knowledge about the Supreme Being is more expansive in the Vedas, namely the Rig-Veda and Atharva-Veda as well as in one of the oldest Upanisads, the Brhad-Aranyaka Upanisad.

Regardless, let me tell you in advance that you all know God very well, much more that you ever thought... as you will soon see.

It is in fact the Creator who created God because God is a human manifestation of the Creator!

The Creator is the Primordial Soul (or Mind) of the Universe usually described as "A Pair of Eyes" from which the whole universe was created and later took the world-famous spiritual form of the "Flying Winged-Horse", the famous "Pegasus" which happens to be "The Holy-Spirit", "The Spirit of the Lord", "The Spirit of the Holy Gods", who wears all kinds of names in different faiths!

One special verse of the Rig-Veda, known as the Hansavatirich, fully describes the Flying Winged-Horse as being the Supreme Being of the Universe.

Better than that, the Creator manifested itself at numerous occasions and created through time many Gods and yet, the Creator, the Flying Winged-Horse, supports all the Gods in his bosom... as stated at 3 occasions in the Atharva-Veda.

I know that many will find curious the fact that the Creator is Pegasus, the Flying Winged-Horse, but the Book of Revelation, 19,11-16 speaks of the Rider of the While Horse followed by the armies of Heaven on heavenly horses actually reveals the way to recognize the Verb, the Word of God, the Christ when he will return... and how he came before. Therefore, this Heavenly Horse, the Spirit of the Lord, is the spiritual body by which God can always be identified when he comes in the flesh.

However, since the Winged-Horse is a spiritual being nobody can see Him with the eyes of our material bodies... but you might see Him in dreams or visions with the eyes of your spiritual dream-bodies... as related in Joël 2,28 in the Old Testament and in the Acts 2,16 of the New Testament concerning the Day of the Lord in both the time of Jesus and again now!... "And I shall pour my Spirit on all flesh... and people will dream dreams... etc."

Here is, for fun, such a dream dreamt by a gentleman from California in which one can see some of the elements of the Holy Trinity of God...

"I had this dream in 1982. I have had many dreams where I became lucid during the dream, but I have only had two where I retained my lucidity as I fell into sleep and maintained it. This dream was the first of the two. Yet later, I learned that there is a Tibetan method of dreaming where one is taught to maintain one's lucidity in just such a manner.

As I began to drift off, I saw colors and images. Against a deep blue and purple patterned background, I saw white doves flying. I saw directly up into a dark blue nighttime sky filled with stars. A pair of eyes floated by, looking at me. I started to raise up into the sky. I saw scalloped white lines on the periphery of my vision. They were shaped in a pattern like fish scales, but I could see through them. It was like a force field.

They formed a huge funnel or pyramid up into the sky, and I was being lifted up through the middle. After a time, I saw a ring of white, transparent figures above me. They looked like etchings on glass. I could see the sky and stars through them.

There were about 12 figures, and they were huge, about 40 feet high. I sensed that they were high entities. They were dressed in long robes with high collars, and wore caps on their heads, similar to those used by priests in the middle ages. As I passed through the ring, the great entities looked at me, and I was very aware of their presences, and that they were high conscious beings.

Suddenly I was inside an immense building. It was like a gigantic cathedral with an arched ceiling some 150 feet high. I was near the top of the ceiling at one end. The room was so large, the other end seemed to fade in a mist. Another giant room abutted on the left. The place was very richly ornate, like a Gothic church. I heard a choir singing in the left wing of the building. The voices had such power and volume, it vibrated the atmosphere. I was awe struck at the sight and sound of this, and by the feelings that seemed to be in the air. It was feelings of love, power, glory, and religious feelings of great intensity, that would dwarf anything on earth. I felt the presence of high entities, as if I were getting near God.

Suddenly, I was outside the building, above it in the sky. A giant white Pegasus (winged horse), about 100 feet long, flew right by me. I was awe struck again, feeling the same overwhelming emotions." Joe M.

... and if you read it carefully, you could see the "Pair of Eyes"... the tall entities, which are some of the Holy Ghosts, and the Winged-Horse, the Holy Spirit! Besides the Pair of Eyes the other beings are all different bodies of the Mind of the Universe... and all animated by the same and unique soul.

Best Regards to All,

Gerald

1. qwark profile image60
        qwarkposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Gerald:
        Your lengthy forum response is a perfect example of what I define as the workings of a primitive, not fully evolved, not fully functioning brain.
        I'm just expressing my honest feelings bluntly.
        I was chuckling all the way thru it....tsk tsk...lolol

1. profile image49

Qwark,
             thank you for your kind response and comments. I'm happy that it made you laugh all the way and quite flattered by your compliments.

However, since you don't believe in this God thing let me tell you that most faiths, according to their own prophecies, are presently awaiting for the coming or return of a God, an Avatar, a Prophet, a Celestial Messenger, a Christos, a Messiah, whatever title used for a Savior of their own.  However, most surprisingly, all these different faiths, which await for their Envoy from Heaven, individually and respectively, all expect Him coming on a Horse!!

"The white horse, whose whiteness is dazzling, is the symbol of majesty. Generally it is ridden by him whom the book of Revelation (19:11) calls Faithful and True, that is by Christ. St John goes on to describe the heavenly host mounted on white chargers and this is why, in medieval iconography, angels are depicted on horseback. The whole process of ascension culminates in the figure of the majestic white horse, the steed of heroes, saints and spiritual victors. All great Messianic figures ride such horses. Thus in Hinduism, Kalkin, the future avatar (incarnation) of the god Vishnu, will be a white horse; while at his expected second coming, the Prophet Muhammad will also be riding a white horse. Lastly the white horse which the Buddha rode at the Great Departure, riderless, stands for the Buddha himself." (ref: "Dictionary of Symbols", Jean Chevalier & Alain Gheerbrant, Penguin, 1996, p. 525. )

In the Book of Revelation, 19,11-16, it is written...
          "I saw heaven standing open and there before me was a white horse, whose rider is called Faithful and True. With justice he judges and makes war. His eyes are like blazing fire, and on his heads are many crowns. He has a name written on him that no one but himself knows.
          He is dressed in a robe dipped in blood, and his name is the Word of God. The armies of heaven were following him on white horses and dressed in fine linen, white and clean. Out of his mouth comes a sharp sword with which to strike down the nations. "He will rule them with an iron scepter." He treads the winepress of the fury of the wrath of God Almighty. On his robe and on his thigh he has this name written: KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS." ... that He comes on a flying horse with the armies of heaven following on flying horses too!!??

"Vishnu will return on Kalki, the White Horse, as the last Avatar, amid fire and flames; and Sosiosh will be brought down equally on a White Horse in a "tornado of fire."  "And I saw heaven open and behold a white horse, and he that sat upon him... is called the Word of God," (rev.xix.13) amid flaming Fire." (ref: "The Secret Doctrine", H.P. Blasvatsky, Theosophical Pub. Co., London, 1888, vol. 1, p. 87.)

By the way, Sosiosh is the Saoshyanto, the expected Saviour of the Mazdean or Zoroastrian faith which is the faith of the Magis who visited Jesus.

"The Kalki Avatara"
          "Unlike all the others, this incarnation is not yet accomplished. As the Jews still wait for the promised Messiah who is to inaugurate a reign of righteousness, so it is the pious hope and expectation of the Hindus that Vishnu will again visit the scene of his past exploits, to usher in a reign of universal prosperity and peace. In striking agreement with the Christian prophecy of the second coming of Christ in the Book of Revelation, this descent will not come to pass until the end of the Kali-Yuga, or Fourth Era, which began when Krishna reascended into heaven, from which time the world has become wholly corrupt. When evil reigns supreme Kalki is to be revealed in the sky, riding a white horse, with drawn sword, blazing like a comet, for the final destruction of the wicked, and the restoration of a new era of purity, righteousness, and peace, similar to the first period, the Krita-Yuga, or Golden Age. ... How remarkable it is that a belief in a coming Redeemer seems to exist in all religions. The Jew, Christian, and Hindu, the Buddhist, who looks forward to a future Buddha, and the Muhammadan, who awaits the coming Mahdi, all unite in this great hope of the future." (ref: "Gods of India", Rev. E. Osborn Martin, J. M. Dent & Sons, London, 1914, p. 117.)

So, indeed, many faiths await the Return or Coming of their own respective God on earth and, strangely enough, in a universal consensus, all of them await Him coming on a Horse!!!

Are these expected Ones of these different faiths different Gods or all the same unique God? How could the same God be expected by different faiths?

1. qwark profile image60

I must add you to my list of primitive thinkers who offer nothing of value to consider.
            Done!

1. profile image49

I could foretell that this would be your kind of reply. You are already out of ammunitions in this field against me... while I am well documented on the subject.

I have shown you 4 well referenced documents which have been written by researchers in this field of knowledge... and as a reaction you pissed on them.

I think that you piss on everything and that you are a pisser.

Please dare to challenge me in the greatest debate about the existence of God and we will have the greatest time. A public debate between an atheist and a gnostic would be great.

Your replies are so short and equally stupid that your brains appear to be totally dead because what I am bringing about the Winged-Horse in the story about God is something totally new... while you pretend in your response that I didn't bring nothing new. Nobody here has heard about God coming on a Horse and written something about it, therefore I brought something new!

... please challenge me anytime. Start a new hub on the subject if you wish!
              I think that you are an ignorant coward who believes that you are smarter than anybody else... and are afraid of the challenge.

From the friction of ideas emerges the light and I can see that you are a most advanced and evolved brain...

1. fatfist profile image64
                fatfistposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Oh, you'd like to debate the existence of your God concept?

First and foremost, you fail basic logic, as existence is not debatable. Existence is factual. Second, "creation", in all its forms, is restricted exclusively to Religion and its associated irrational ideas.

If you think you have what it takes to provide anything meaningful about the useless God concept, then be my guest, post away:

http://hubpages.com/hub/God-Jesus-The-T … S-Concepts

otherwise, you and the rest of your followers, are just blowing smoke!

2. profile image49

I could foretell that this would be your kind of reply. You are already out of ammunitions in this field against me... while I am well documented on the subject.

I have shown you 4 well referenced documents which have been written by researchers in this field of knowledge... and as a reaction you pissed on them.

I think that you piss on everything and that you are a pisser.

Please dare to challenge me in the greatest debate about the existence of God and we will have the greatest time. A public debate between an atheist and a gnostic would be great.

Your replies are so short and equally stupid that your brains appear to be totally dead because what I am bringing about the Winged-Horse in the story about God is something totally new... while you pretend in your response that I didn't bring nothing new. Nobody here has heard about God coming on a Horse and written something about it, therefore I brought something new!

... please challenge me anytime. Start a new hub on the subject if you wish!
              I think that you are an ignorant coward who believes that you are smarter than anybody else... and are afraid of the challenge.

From the friction of ideas emerges the light and I can see that you are a most advanced and evolved brain...

1. alternate poet profile image67
                alternate poetposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I change my mind - you are a primitive thinker who descends to insult and wants to fight as soon as challenged.  It is this kind of thinking and aggression that supported the primitive aggression against Iraq recently and Vietnam etc before.

1. profile image49

My mind is my soul and I don't change mind as a dirty shirt... I stick with it. I stand by my convictions. I'm not a politician.

2. qwark profile image60

TY Alternate:
                  I have chatted with the likes of "you-know-who" for going on 45 yrs (if I use a name, I'll be accused of "insult" and restricted from the forums).
                  I have grown tired of the bigotry and triteness of their abjectly ignorant responses.
                  I can recognize them in a New York minute!   :-)

Yep - and I have the same issue but for 40 years big_smile big_smile big_smile 

I was lucky, I started with nuns who at least have a unified theory of the bulldust stuff.

3. alternate poet profile image67

That is a bit harsh - the guy is listing all the predicted second comings from different religious beliefs. This is interesting don't you think?  It is a bit like someone a few thousand years in the future picking up our best philosophy and science books and pissing themselves laughing as they discard them.

I have no time for religion or any idea of a god, but I am interested what people from the past have to say about what they thought.  The interesting bit about some of the prophesies, for me, is the white horse thing - but especially the idea that fire and destruction will come from the mouth of some beast with many crowns,  that just describes some flying weapon that we can visualize easy enough now. If there is any truth in it I wonder who will be at the trigger ?

2. wilderness profile image93
            wildernessposted 13 years agoin reply to this

"all expect Him coming on a Horse!!"  I doubt that is true for ANY or the western hemisphere religions as horses died out here some 11,000 years ago.  They were reintroduced by the Spanish.  That would make any religion referencing a horse to only be a few hundred years old.

4. Bibowen profile image88
      Bibowenposted 13 years agoin reply to this

God is an uncreated being. He has always existed and if the belief that He is a "necessary being" holds, then He must exist. That is, He cannot NOT exist.  He is is neither matter nor energy but rather is the Creator and Controller of these things.

1. Cagsil profile image71
        Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

roll

5. sajal.mark profile image61
      sajal.markposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Can a doll understand its creator. We possess only the things that our creator gave us. And I guess we don't possess that ability to understand who created our creator. Don't waste your time with questions that are out of  limits.
      We are tiny parts of this universe, billions have died and more than that will born and die. Have you ever thought about it.
      "Theirs not to reasons why
      Theirs not to make reply
        Theirs but to do and die"

1. qwark profile image60

Mark:
        Our "uniqueness" has created an animal that can "think and imagine."
        Why would you say " Don't waste your time with questions that are out of  limits?"
        What are you thinking?
        If man didn't question everything, we'd still be trying to survive in the stone age.
        Explain pls...

6. IntimatEvolution profile image68
      IntimatEvolutionposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You know, I myself have always wonder that exact question.  Maybe he is like "Q" off Star Trek Next Generation. In my adult life, it seems to be the only sensible explanation.

1. profile image54
        (Q)posted 13 years agoin reply to this

So, sensible does not include reality, which would indicate the complete nonexistence of gods?

7. Singular Investor profile image70
      Singular Investorposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Pisean - I would say 'creation' is just a concept

8. Paul Wingert profile image60
      Paul Wingertposted 13 years agoin reply to this

God was created by man!

9. profile image0
      eternaltreasuresposted 13 years agoin reply to this

NOBODY created GOD. He is God from everlasting to everlasting.

God is the Beginning and the Ending, from everlasting to everlasting

Rev 1:8 I am the Alpha and Omega, the Beginning and the Ending, says the Lord, who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.

Rev 22:13 I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the Ending, the First and the Last.

Psa 90:2 Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever You had formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting You are God.

10. kess profile image60
      kessposted 13 years agoin reply to this

God is a living Being therefore not created, He is the sum total of all the things that are of Life, including the the things that "are not" or "the nothing" in their varying degrees.

These two are One God... though they are separated to perform their each and specific roles.

Whereever Nothing rules, nothing is and death reigns..... but whereever God reigns, nothing remain as nothing and death is not.

You are part nothing and part God, if you recognise yourself, you will realize that you "are" just as God is, the only difference is that you are son and He is Father, both eternal and creator.

11. profile image57
      Mohammad Wasimposted 12 years agoin reply to this

God already existed or Who created God ?

1. profile image57
        Mohammad Wasimposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Dogmatic believe: God already exist. No doubt.
        But I ask also, who create God ? This asking is never be an end because if I get answer that the God is created by"A" for instant. Again I will ask, who created "A" . It means, there is no end of this question.
        Sometime used to indicate doubt or a sceptical approach to the question of believe and knowledge.
        The best way to come out safely from these questions is to believe in AGNOSTICISM.
        However Agnosticism is the view that human reason is incapable of providing sufficient rational ground to justify knowledge whether God exists and do not deny it as a possibility .
        I make it more easy. There is a Limited company and atleast , seven board of director and all are Gods. Those seven Gods have a different ideology .
        That's why ,each director(God) supervising one religion. Let's say, One Abraham 's wholly book , one Moses wholly book, one Jesus wholly book, one Mohammed wholly book , Hindu Gieta+Ramayan wholly books, Buda wholly book and Sikh religion wholly book.
        The seven board of directors (Gods) are the owner of seven existing religions in this world.
        Let see how many people agree with me. Is it not interesting?
        So, i prefer to be a Agnostic believe as a safe side.

2. jenblacksheep profile image67
    jenblacksheepposted 13 years ago

Humans created God

1. itech profile image65
      itechposted 13 years agoin reply to this

humans created god! and humans believe in what they create!
      it doesn't matter whether it is imaginary or real.

well in actual, our eyes/mind are also an mixture of few elemental particle, not of all the elements....

since, we cant see/think beyond a point, then how can we define an existence of that of whom we don't know what it is....

1. qwark profile image60

Ty Itech...:-)

2. profile image0
        Twenty One Daysposted 13 years agoin reply to this

(record player scratch sound)

Humans created something?
        They -according to skeptics, etc- created something no one can see, hear or touch, etc. Something that doesn't exist.
        In essence, nothing.
        So for the last x thousand years religion AND science have been arguing about nothing?

Errr... Good job humans???

In short, Yes. lol lol

3. profile image0
    Twenty One Daysposted 13 years ago

pisean282311,

Simple put that faith into action and it becomes very obvious.
    I experimented with it years ago. Then got caught up in collegiate philosophy/thinking and quantum physics.
    Now, it seems am coming back to the original.
    BTW, the sheer expression that you even want to know shows a lot of character and strength. Go for it!

PS, Don't worry about the god concepts -which you'll find are the pro AND con sayers.

4. Cagsil profile image71
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

lol lol lol So true. lol lol lol

Hey Jen, how are you today? smile

1. jenblacksheep profile image67
      jenblacksheepposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hey Cags! I'm alrite thanx! Still have no money and no job BUT i did earn 42p on a hub yesterday for the first time in months! big_smile

How are you?

I certainly do hope you begin to get more too. I am doing well. smile It is nice to see you. smile

2. kevintuga profile image61
        kevintugaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That is a question impossible to explain at the moment, because God is not a person is physical force between two persons.
        I think God had to be created for someone.My God is the father of Jesus Cristo

Why people say god doesn't exist? Because they are septic people who just believe what see...
        Today the confindence or trust in the others are very poor.
        Media's control weak mind people.
        Is like brainwashing for us. I hear what they say and i belive IN GOD :d

5. optimus grimlock profile image60
    optimus grimlockposted 13 years ago

Awesome question!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Many answers and I am all knowing lol!. We created god to comfort ourselves because its  easier then asking "where do I come from." Or he created everything and he is infanent! Just depends on you point of veiw. Last option its aliens they created us and we created god! I've been watch ancient aliens on history channel, simple mind blowing!!!!!!!!!!!

6. Jeff Berndt profile image72
    Jeff Berndtposted 13 years ago

A good question. I find that the answer a person gives, and the manner in which they give it, tells more about him than it does about God.

pisean282311posted 13 years agoin reply to this

guess u r rite...

7. Pearldiver profile image67
    Pearldiverposted 13 years ago

The correct answer may already have been given here... but whoever is responsible... also created Crop Circles, Magnetic Poles and Peanut Brownies hmm

I Wonder? hmm

8. optimus grimlock profile image60
    optimus grimlockposted 13 years ago

nuts in brownies is an act against god!!!!!

roll

2. Pearldiver profile image67
      Pearldiverposted 13 years agoin reply to this

An interesting point... but somewhat moot when measured generally by the range of personalities within an average religious forum. hmm

3. wilderness profile image93
      wildernessposted 13 years agoin reply to this

mad  Brownies WITHOUT nuts is a act against God!

9. wilderness profile image93
    wildernessposted 13 years ago

As God cannot exist in the universe before He created it, then He must have another "place", another "dimension" for lack of a better referent term to live in before our universe came about.

Once that "dimension" is postulated, with it's own "natural laws", "energy" and "matter" (you understand I must use English words to discuss something we know absolutely nothing about) then we can postulate anything else we wish.  Perhaps he was designed by the pet "dog" of the ruling "species".  A more likely scenario, though, is now that we have postulated a new "dimension" for God is that we simply postulate a second, new, "higher" "dimension" for God's creator to exist in.  And so on, ad infinitum.

Imagination is such a wonderful thing when we can simply pretend that anything we want is, in fact, true and actual.

10. mrpopo profile image73
    mrpopoposted 13 years ago

God is an entity/force that is always there, no beginning nor end. We tend to necessitate that something has to be created by something else, as per the laws of cause and effect in our planet. This illusion is due to the illusion of time.

What would he be? Aside from guesses that he is an entity or a force, he would be the mathematical equivalent of infinity, both positive and negative (maybe he's 0 at the same time too...). We may not know whether its odd or even, but we know it exists. Just like we know that there is something that created us, only we don't know if its a conscious being or a force.

11. qwark profile image60
    qwarkposted 13 years ago

Ok, which god are ya talking about?
    The contemporary monotheistic god of the bible, quar'an and the torah was created by moses in the first 4 words of the book of genesis i.e. "In the beginning, god..."
    Prior to that, this monothesitic god thing didn't exist.
    People have to think these things out...lolol.
    If "it" wasn't such a deadly concept, I'd think this "god" thing concept was silly.
    "Its" caused too much suffering and death to laugh about it.
    The maddening thing about it is that "it's" still doing it and the majority of humanity is still "dumb" enuf to be fooled by the disgusting concept!

1. mrpopo profile image73
      mrpopoposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Just my own view of God. I didn't want to go into the Abrahamic religions because they have many contradictions and fallacies (no offense, that's just what I think).

I think it's wrong to go into definitives for something we can't prove or disprove. That's why I think uncertainty is a better option when dealing with these issues.

Or even better, do what Eric Hoffer says:

"The opposite of the religious fanatic is not the fanatical atheist but the gentle cynic who cares not whether there is a god or not."
      Eric Hoffer
      (1902 - 1983)

1. qwark profile image60

If there were a god thing, there'd be nothing we could do about it. We'd still be guessing about every aspect of what it might be or comprised of.
        Whatever this god thing is, has to be defined for me, factually, for me to even consider  "it."
        The "concept" alone has been, for many, many millenia the basis for war, death, torture and unimaginably disgusting pain and suffering for mankind.
        Eric Hoffer presumes the existence of a god (whatever that is) when "god" is but a word man has created for a concept he has imagined to be an inexplicable, supernatural entity.
        All of man's 'gods" have been, historically, imagined.
        What makes the creation of this monotheistic god any different than that of past gods?
        This contemporary god thing is just a more sophisticated version of all other of man's created mythical divinities.
        Members of humanity that believe in it are, in my estimation, the lesser evolved of the human species...primitives!

I can't be that gentle cynic who cares not whether there is a god or not."

We can't define infinity as odd or even, qwark. You still consider it though, don't you?

I am not referring to the monotheistic god of Abrahamic religions, or of most other religions for that matter. Just the concept of something that created us, which is a definitive thing. By creation, I mean the creation of the universe, and not the traditional story of Adam and Eve.

I'm not saying that it's a conscious being that created us - it could just as easily be a force. I picture it as cyclic. I touched on this in a different topic, but it would essentially be a big bang occurring, then the universe slowly drifting to a state of no reactions (due to entropy), and then a big bang occurring after all of the universe's mass drifted into a singularity point, and so forth. Nothing would "start" and nothing would "end".

(if you're a physics major or something, correct me if that doesn't make sense scientifically, that's just my guess based on what little knowledge I know)

I agree with you though - those that are holding on to these outdated myths are not causing any good. These aren't truths to be taken literally, and when they have been taken literally they've caused war, torture, death, like you've said.

But, to call them lesser evolved is still a mistake. I would say insecure, turning to something they don't fully understand.

1. qwark profile image60

mrpopo:
            Thoughtful response...ty.
            The greatest minds that have existed and exist today still search in wonderment. WE still exist in the "guess" mode!
            I've alluded to this in some of my hubs.
            Of course there is a creator! That creator is "serendipity."
            We are a species in its infancy.
            We are, to the best of our genetic abilities, trying to figure it all out...and we've come a long way. We are still reaching for the first rung of the "knowledge" ladder.
            In ref. to the "lesser of the evolved of the human species comment," I said this as one who understands the anthropological evolution of the human species.
            Your comment: "But, to call them lesser evolved is still a mistake. I would say insecure, turning to something they don't fully understand."
            You use the word "insecure."
            What do you think is the reason man "created" gods in his primitive past?...Insecurity!
            Why the insecurity? Because of abject ignorance.
            Today in the "modern" world, ignorance is a disgusting exuse.
            Every child in every "civilized" nation has an opportunity to be educated.
            If there is anything that will add the wings of successful evolution to the abilities of man, it will be "education."
            To the "knowing," there is no "boogyman" under the bed!
            Those who still believe in the "boogyman" are those I consider to be the lesser evolved of the human species...primitives!

I think I understand where you're coming from, I just don't think attributing it entirely due to genetics/evolution is correct. We're kind of cheating natural selection anyway nowadays... lesser genes survive because of social pressures.

An example though, my brother is a devout Christian and follows the Bible literally (or so he says). My father and my mother are not, choosing to be open minded but still believing in Jesus as they were raised Catholics (although they also believe some interesting ones, like reincarnation to maximize potential and learning). So it can't be entirely genetic unless we are de-evolving. I hope that he'll realize his ignorance in believing everything literally about the Bible.

That's true though, insecurity did create the gods of past, and ignorance kept them.

1. qwark profile image60

mrpopo:
                Another thoughtful response. TY  :-)
                If we exist long enuf to conquer our ignorance in ref to genetic engineering and creating life...we will be able to "cheat" natural selection to our benefit.
                That probability doesn't have much of a chance to be realized.

Anytime qwark. I enjoy reading your responses and the few Hubs I've glimpsed from you are quite interesting.

It would be a sight to see that happen, but I have to agree. There is little chance that there'll be enough time for that to occur.

1. qwark profile image60

Yep!
                    Damned shame eh?
                    Thanks for readin' my "stuff."
                    I think I've tried your hubs but don't remember if I was interested.
                    I'll go back and check again.
                    The only reason I'd do that is because your answers were well thought out and presented...:-)

12. profile image0

So you DO have proof of this, Quark, or are you spitting out more "dumb", "disgusting", befuddled humanism?

13. qwark profile image60
    qwarkposted 13 years ago

I have found that when I offer opinions about the creation and idiocy of this "god" thing concept, those who are convinced of the existence of this mythical god thing, ask me for "proofs" of my opinions when they themselves can only offer opinions and conjecture in ref to why they believe that such a fictitious supernatural entity is a reality.
    Fanaticism is dangerous in whatever forms it takes.

1. profile image0

Where is your validity v speculation?
      "You had a bad experience"? Not good enough. Same as the religious side, "They had a good experience"?

Wouldn't it be better to use true "critical thinking" before inserting critique? Passing the buck is what religionistas do. You're not a "religionista", are you?

I am asking for your 'proofs'.
      No esoteric, semantic, empirical or rhetorical knowledge required/requested. I for one, would enjoy viewing the proof of such critical findings...

2. getitrite profile image72
      getitriteposted 13 years agoin reply to this

http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee23/jhei_2228/thumbs-up-1.jpg

1. qwark profile image60

TY Getitrite...:-)

14. profile image0

...looks like the skeptics are uniting for the usual pity party, so I'll leave you to it. Enjoy each others critique of 'the nothing'.

15. hubmu profile image61
    hubmuposted 13 years ago

This is a very deep conversation and indeed a special question. I think all of us mankind need special direct contact,care and love from god and in some cases want a special answer for that question.
    Too bad not all of us special enough for god, but we still got all the efforts to make ourselves special, anyway let make ourselves special first then we'll got that special answer someday. Patience and pure heart always make mankind special.

1. qwark profile image60

hubmu:
      Respectfully, what is this "god" thing you speak of?
      TY..

1. hubmu profile image61
        hubmuposted 13 years agoin reply to this

i haven't become special yet thus i cannot answer, this is my honest answer, welcome.

1. qwark profile image60

hubmu, then I must assume that you only speculate as to its definition?
          Since you cannot provide me with an answer I also must presume that you are not a credible "hubber" about this god thing you refer to...correct? So why respond to the subject of this forum question if you cannot provide a credible answer or response?
          Ty

1. profile image0

We must also presume you are not a credible "hubber", either.
            Since a simple thing you cannot do: provide absolute scientific proof that this mythical entity does not exist, which you -and many others- continuously yap about in -of all places- a religious forum.

Ty, as well.

16. watchya profile image59
    watchyaposted 13 years ago

who created god ?
    Some man in a cave.

In modern times it must have been Walt Disney. And then he didn't like what he saw, so he decided to froze himself instead of going to heaven.

smile

17. aguasilver profile image70
    aguasilverposted 13 years ago

Our earth has an ascending order, and this question should be viewed as if we were ants, looking at the human domain and wondering what we were, to an ant, we could appear to be God.

But if we recognise that there are higher powers, then we need accept that there must be a highest power...

Whatever that is, is God.

If we refuse to accept that there is a higher power than ourselves, then we consider ourselves to be god..... which is kinda where the whole mess started.

John

1. qwark profile image60

...and it is a "mess!"

2. profile image54

Did it not occur to you that we consider ourselves humans without the need for invisible gods?

18. profile image0
    Onusonusposted 13 years ago

Is it logical to say that a spirit is immortal and yet has a beginning?

no

19. Bibowen profile image88
    Bibowenposted 13 years ago

As a necessary being, God is not in need of an explanation. Numbers are thought to be necessary entities. Asking why God exists is like asking "why does the number 3 exist" (not the numeral itself, of course; rather the idea behind it regardless of how it's expressed numerically). God is that which makes existence possible; He is not explained in terms of other causes and conditions.

1. profile image54

The idea behind numbers is to represent things that exist. Asking why a god would exist is the same as asking why you would believe unicorns exist.

Yet, absolutely nothing points to gods having any possibility of existing whatsoever.

1. Bibowen profile image88
        Bibowenposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Having no possibility of existing? Actually, many atheists and theists agree on the following:

"If it is possible that God exists, He must exist."

There are plenty of observations in nature that point to God's existence. "God" is a far better explanation than holding the view that the universe came into existence, uncaused out of nothing.

Even if the conclusion that He exists is wrong, it's still evidence provided. But, showing that "absolutely nothing points to gods having any possibility of existing whatsoever" is a pretty big order, one that I don't think you're up to...

20. profile image0

It is precisely questioning that keeps man in the new and improved stone age. Just because humans made fancy kinds of rocks to live in, bang on or kill other humans with, doesn't make them better than those folks 6,000 years ago. According to some sciences, those cavemen lived ten times longer than most humans today -even with their simple rocks...

1. Mark Knowles profile image59
      Mark Knowlesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

LOL Making statements such as this merely proves you are a religionist James. I appreciate that you prefer your religionISM - but no one lived to be thousands or hundreds of years old and no "sciences" argue that.

Lying for Jesus? Dear me........ wink

Are you sure of that Mark? Knowing what we know about the body, in those times, there were much less of what affects/effects us today then.

Some people could have lived, similar to animals, barely conscious enough to exist, but never aware of their own existence, yet not high enough for full consciousness. *(remember, human beings did not arrive here from somewhere else, so we came from the Earth(should one not believe in god.)

Anything is possible, up to the point where it's proved to be impossible. Example: traveling at the speed of light? Presently, the attitude is yes it is possible that human beings will some day learn how to travel faster than light, but with today's technology is it impossible to do as of yet. wink

So with that said- I'll leave you to your spat with others. smile

1. profile image54

Sorry, but we won't be traveling at or faster than the speed of light, ever. And, it has nothing to do with technology and everything to do with the permittivity and permeability of spacetime.

1. Jerami profile image58
            Jeramiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

If we could travel faster than the speed of light we would enter a diffrent dimention on the space time continium.

That is something to think about.???

1. profile image54

It is something to imagine to violate the physical laws of the universe, Jerami. That's about as far as it goes.

With all due respect; I don't intend to pick a fight ...

Our understanding of the laws of the universe is constantly expanding.

1. profile image54

I understand you aren't looking to pick a fight, Jerami. But, rather than just bleat out nonsensical statements about science, do some research first, then you won't look the fool.

I think that there can be and are truths in simplistic statements.  It is the misunderstandings that we falsly believe that the simple statement implies that leads to foolishness.

Reality is so vast that we can think that we are traveling in a streight path in a forward direction yet we eventually arive at out point of origin.
                       Do we catch back up with our past or does it catch back up with us?
                      This posability is too simple for wise men to follow.
                      But a fool sees it right away.
                      Everything seems to be new yet everything always was..
                    We just didn't see it. 
                      These things that are precieved as foolishness today just might be seen tomorrow as wisdom.

2. profile image0

silly rabbit, religions' for kids.
        i think we both know we are way beyond that now, eh Marcus.

Yes, I know the Relic's call it faith, but really, they dunno what that actually means -and you know that. Better said, they dunno how to act that thing.

Religion is the aft of consciousness; science the fore.
        So, that happened. LOL.

What if we did an amazing -seemingly original thing- and just do.
        No preset conditions or imposed moderator methods of self destructive "rock-scissors-paper"...

smile

2. profile image54

What scientists? Who exactly made that claim?

1. profile image0

As you mentioned to someone else, you might want to do some research first, "then you don't look like a fool".

1. profile image54

So, there were no scientists after all, you just made it up as usual.

1. profile image0

Actually, there are many. But, it is obvious you are too lazy to actually research yourself. I did my work, thanks. If more did, we would have less verbal drivel from people like you. Hypothesis doesn't "cut the mustard", my good friend, Q. Neither does a quest leading you nowhere. Good hunting, though.

1. profile image54

None were provided as a source to your claim, hence you made it up. No need to continue fabricating stories to support more fabrications. smile

1. profile image0

well if that is the case, you better start putting up your end of the ante. I have yet to see any of your drivel 'proven' against the sensationalists and -even more so- for your equation/science.

And spare us the pathetic Einstein or Dawkins claims, yes. Thanks.

EDIT: And exactly why do we have to do your homework? LOL.

1. profile image54

It isn't my homework to provide your sources, that is what you're supposed to do when you make a claim. You didn't, hence your claim was made up by you.

1. profile image0

Whatever, Q. Nice try.
                    Here is a brownie button for effort.

I am sure in your world research for the sake of research isn't required. Like others, you always expect someone else to prove you right or wrong. Sad really, by A Typical. If you have the real desire to learn -outside your cardboard box- then researching would be your top priority -either way.

As for making things up, pop by the Library of Congress on your way to the next convention and read some of the fascinating, but made up, miles and miles of literature called science.

Cheers.

21. torimari profile image67
    torimariposted 13 years ago

Torimari.

22. Cagsil profile image71
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

Hey Tori, how are you today? smile

1. torimari profile image67
      torimariposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I am simply dandy. 'Bout to hit the gym. How are you?

I am doing well. Have fun at the gym. smile

23. POWERS1205 profile image78
    POWERS1205posted 13 years ago

Good question! The bible states only that he is, was and always will be. What is hard for us to understand is that anything can be infinite. Everything in our lives has a beginning and end. Yet even scientific theory suggests that even though life is cause and effect, something has to exist that was the first cause that triggered it all. What was that? I suppose that was God.

24. Singular Investor profile image70
    Singular Investorposted 13 years ago

Interesting stuff you guys

I agree with Bibowen

25. earnestshub profile image81
    earnestshubposted 13 years ago

OK it was me alright?
    I used to believe in a god in my youth, just before brain cells began to form.

lol

26. kirstenblog profile image79
    kirstenblogposted 13 years ago

All matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration - we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. Bill Hicks was a brilliant man! wink

27. Jerami profile image58
    Jeramiposted 13 years ago

If Science has proven anything when looking at far away galaxies and planets, it is that there are diffrent realities, diffrent laws of physics     wayyyy ... over ... there.

Science continually proves that we just don't know what we don't know;  YA  KNOW ???

1. profile image54

Wrong, Jerami. The laws of physics are considered homogeneous and isotropic across the universe as part of the cosmological principle.

28. Rishy Rich profile image74
    Rishy Richposted 13 years ago

Well, The hypothesis called God is not apparently evident in our materialistic world. God exists only in our faith & only in our mind. Thus we can conclude that we have created God by our imagination. If we become extinct, then will our imagination & so will God!

@rishy interesting comments..

1. earnestshub profile image81
        earnestshubposted 13 years agoin reply to this

No brain function, no consciousness, no god. Simple isn't it?

1. Faybe Bay profile image65
          Faybe Bayposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Oh! Earnestshub! I meant to send you an interesting bit of research for your mission. Then I started farming... I will find it now.

I have a mission???? lol

1. Faybe Bay profile image65
              Faybe Bayposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I can't find it now. It was really interesting! My eyes can't sort through my bookmarks. It is about the discrepancies, and how they were allowed... Long story, interesting read.

I quit smoking and now I can't find anything big_smile

lol

2. pisean282311 profile image62

mission?..

2. ceciliabeltran profile image63
          ceciliabeltranposted 13 years agoin reply to this

yes its so simple, we don't need to even say it. we can just watch tv and say duh...

2. ceciliabeltran profile image63
      ceciliabeltranposted 13 years agoin reply to this

well the notion of god appears with brain size, so someday the cockroach will think about god too. it will not necessarily die with us.

1. tantrum profile image61
        tantrumposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol

If we hang on to religious beliefs for much longer the cockroaches will evolve past us! lol

lol

1. profile image0
              brotheryochananposted 13 years agoin reply to this

not evolve past us, but live longer than us. Cockroaches have a nicer lot in life, they don't ever worry about what happens after they die, they just die and kinda of unexpectedly actually. The cockroach has no idea it will ever die until one second before its death or maybe not even that long. God has given us insight into what happens after we die. That after a predetermined time of agony, but not after they are made fully aware of the beautiful afterlife they missed out on for a few short tawdry remarks in a hubpages or a life of dissing the god that created all, they are exterminated, not unlike the cockroach.
              My cat has the same kind life. When i was young in the faith of god i used to envy my cat, now i just know i will miss him when i'm romping through the universes.

29. Ron Montgomery profile image59
    Ron Montgomeryposted 13 years ago

Brenda

30. manlypoetryman profile image81
    manlypoetrymanposted 13 years ago

GOD HAPPENS!

31. tantrum profile image61
    tantrumposted 13 years ago

OH GOD ! big_smile

32. Me, Steve Walters profile image79
    Me, Steve Waltersposted 13 years ago

Whoops...!

33. tantrum profile image61
    tantrumposted 13 years ago
  34. Me, Steve Walters profile image79
    Me, Steve Waltersposted 13 years ago
  35. profile image0
    brotheryochananposted 13 years ago

Nobody created god, if you take up that line of thinking you will always be asking who created ..... and then who created.... and who created.... somewhere along the line you have to shrug your shoulders.
    We are His ant farm! Does my ant farm wonder who created me? If they had our thinking capacity they might just wonder about that.
    Your minds are your worst enemy, this carnal rationale of thought you have can never be satisfied. It always has questions and more questions and more. This is why you unsaved carnal thinkers can never come to accept god, because you first have to rationalize it all out. You want all the answers up front and to your satisfaction, problem is you hear the answers and you still are not satisfied and you still have the same questions years later.
    People come to god by faith and then they work the answers out. Its totally opposite to your animal like process of thought. You are lost in your own wisdom without ears to hear or eyes to see. Animal man working on instinct and having not a little faith to believe.
    Of course there are many outlooks about god. God is what mankind has kicked about more than politics. Since early historic man the sun was an object of worship that lead to paganism, creationism, druids etc. Then the philosophical romans entered the scene and mankind began to explore the depths of 3 dimensional thinking. Life on other planets, different gods, man became the center of his universe, then came the 'i am god' theory; we create all that is around us. Its not hard to understand why there are so many different beliefs or why there is division among those who believe but that's not the question, the real question is what are you going to do with it? Of course you will be the absolute best at whatever you decide because you have all the tricky questions answered and can answer all the questions that anybody posts. But you can't solve your own dilemma, because you think you are wise but you are not and you have not a little faith.
    Who created god is not even a valid question to me.

36. profile image52
    sekharpalposted 13 years ago

WHO CREATED GOD?
                                      Earlier it was impossible for us to give any satisfactory answer to this question. But modern science, rather we should say that Einstein, has made it an easy task for us. And Stephen Hawking has provided us with the clue necessary for solving this riddle. Actually scientists in their infinite wisdom have already kept the ground well-prepared for us believers so that one day we can give a most plausible and logically sound answer to this age-old question. Let us first see how Hawking has helped us by providing the necessary clue. In his book “A Brief History of Time” (Chapter: The origin and fate of the universe) he informs us that there are 1080 particles in the region of the observable universe. Then he raised the question regarding the origin of these particles, and gave the answer himself. According to quantum theory particles can be created out of energy in the form of particle/antiparticle pairs. But there the question does not stop. Another question props up regarding the origin of that energy. But when it is said that total energy of the universe is exactly zero, then all is said and done. So this is the clue: if we can somehow arrive at zero, then no further question will be raised, and there will be no infinite regression. What I intend to do here is something similar to that. I want to show that our God is a bunch of several zeroes, and that therefore no further question need be raised about His origin. And here comes Einstein with his special theory of relativity for giving us the necessary empirical support to our project.
                              God is a Being. Therefore God will have existence as well as essence. So I will have to show that both from the point of view of existence as well as from the point of view of essence God is zero. It is almost a common saying that God is spaceless, timeless, changeless, immortal, and all-pervading. Here we are getting three zeroes; space is zero, time is zero, change is zero. But how to prove that if there is a God, then that God will be spaceless, timeless, and changeless? From special theory of relativity we come to know that for light both distance and time become unreal. For light even an infinite distance is infinitely contracted to zero. The volume of an infinite universe full of light only will be simply zero due to this property of light. A universe with zero volume is a spaceless universe. Again at the speed of light time totally stops. So a universe full of light only is a spaceless, timeless universe. But these are the properties of light only! How do we come to know that God is also having the same properties of light so that God can also be spaceless, timeless? Scientists have shown that if there is a God, then that God can only be light, and nothing else, and that therefore He will have all the properties of light. Here is the proof.
                              Scientists have shown that total energy of the universe is always zero. If total energy is zero, then total mass will also be zero due to energy-mass equivalence. Now if there is a God, then scientists have calculated the total energy and mass of the universe by taking that God into consideration. In other words, if there is a God, then this total energy-mass calculation by the scientists is God-inclusive, not God-exclusive. This is due to two reasons. First of all, even if there is a God, they are not aware of the fact that there is a God. Secondly, they do not believe that there is a God. So, if there is a God, then they have not been able to keep that God aside before making this calculation, because they do not know that there is a God. They cannot say that they have kept Him aside and then made this calculation, because by saying so they will admit that there is a God. They cannot say that the behind-the-picture God has always remained behind the picture, and that He has in no way come into the picture when they have made this calculation, because by saying so they will again admit that there is a God. At most they can say that there is no God. But we are not going to accept that statement as the final verdict on God-issue, because we are disputing that statement. So the matter of the fact is this: if God is really there, then total mass and total energy of the universe including that God are both zero. Therefore mass and energy of God will also be zero. God is without any mass, without any energy. And Einstein has already shown that anything having zero rest-mass will have the speed of light. In other words, it will be some sort of light. So, if God is there, then God will also be light, and therefore He will be spaceless, timeless. So from the point of view of existence God is zero, because he is spaceless, timeless, without any mass, without any energy.                     
       Now we will have to show that from the point of view of essence also God is zero. If there is only one being in the universe, and if there is no second being other than that being, then that being cannot have any such property as love, hate, cruelty, compassion, benevolence, etc. Let us say that God is cruel. Now to whom can He be cruel if there is no other being other than God Himself? So, if God is cruel, then is He cruel to Himself? Therefore if we say that God is all-loving, merciful, benevolent, etc., then we are also admitting that God is not alone, that there is another being co-eternal with God to whom He can show His love, benevolence, goodness, mercy, compassion, etc. If we say that God is all-loving, then we are also saying that this “all” is co-eternal with God. Thus we are admitting that God has not created the universe at all, and that therefore we need not have to revere Him, for the simple reason that He is not our creator!
                           It is usually said that God is good. But Bertrand Russell has shown that God cannot be good for the simple reason that if God is good, then there is a standard of goodness which is independent of God’s will. (Book: A History of Western Philosophy, Ch: Plato’s Utopia). Therefore, if God is the ultimate Being, then that God cannot be good. But neither can He be evil. God is beyond good and evil. Like Hindu’s Brahma, a real God can only be nirguna, nirupadhik; without any name, without any quality. From the point of view of essence also, a real God is a zero. Mystics usually say that their God is a no-thing. This is the real God, not the God of the scriptures.
                         So, why should there be any need of creation here, if God is existentially, as well as essentially, zero?
                        But if there is someone who is intelligent and clever enough, then he will not stop raising question here. He will point out to another infinite regression. If God is light, then He will no doubt be spaceless, timeless, etc. Therefore one infinite regression is thus stopped. But what about the second regression? How, and from whom, does light get its own peculiar properties by means of which we have successfully stopped the first regression? So, here is another infinite regression. But we need not have to worry much about this regression, because this problem has already been solved. A whole thing, by virtue of its being the whole thing, will have all the properties of spacelessness, timelessness, changelessness, deathlessness. It need not have to depend on any other external source for getting these properties. Thus no further infinite regression will be there.

1. pennyofheaven profile image80
      pennyofheavenposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Well articualted God is spaceless, timeless, deathless, nothingness. Fascinating these scientists!

2. profile image0
      jomineposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Verbal diarrhea??

37. Beege215e profile image59
    Beege215eposted 13 years ago

The concept of God has come about for two reasons
    1) we need someone for comfort when we are afraid
    2) we need someone to blame when things go wrong

38. profile image50
    paarsurreyposted 13 years ago

who created god?

I think it is not a reasonable question.

Everybody believes something or some being which/who has not been created by anyone and is independent .

The only reasonable question is to see which/ or who among them is independent Being.

1. pennyofheaven profile image80
      pennyofheavenposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Not everyone.

39. profile image51
    calbreeseposted 12 years ago

Greetings fellow earthlings,

As a scientist and engineer who studies science and scripture- and publishes books on both, I feel qualified to best answer this question.

The Creator appears to us as unlimited and eternal, not just in the future, but inyto the past.  We are limnited in this 4th dimension by our massive bodies that cannot travel intot he seven additional dimensions of spirit/energy- citing Dr Michaels Duff's (and I have spoke with him about this) current theory of everything- "M Theory" 11 dimesional super gravity!

Scripture and science says we cannot exist in other dimensions (5-11) which the LHC should prove the existence of this year- 2011.  Anyway Physicist Kyle Cramer said on the Charles Rose show last year, representing the LHC @ Cern, "When we find Heaven..."  Johns Hopkins proved the existence of our spiritual bodies in 2006- in the lab.  All this is quoted in just released, "God's Steed- Key to World Peace" I am a coauthor.  By the way- earlier posts by Gerald D'Aoust are entirely correct and the Angelic Horse IS known as the Creator's Holy Spirit throughout man's history.  We are spiritual eternal beings with temporary bodies.  All that being said, mystreies of God cannot be fully understood by our limited human brains- therefore who created the Creator (Itself) is null and mute, except that since the Creator is Eternal intot the future and past; the Creator was never Created.  We only have TIME as a concept in our 1-4th dimensions, as a resulting measurement of mass over distance.  The Creator gave us life and love- but by love's own definition could not DEMAND it back- so free will and TIME (to make a choice to love or not) had to be part of us; part of this dimension we are temporarily in... simple really.  All religions and cultures teach (some digging may be required but it's there) the angelic horse as a part of the Creator's Holy Spirit is inside each of us- our conductor for the ride back to Heaven!  Every religion and culture.  A cave person drew the first angel ever recorded onto the Chauvet Cave Wall in France circa 33,000 BC.  It graces trhe cover of, "God's Steed- Key to World Peace"  I personally hanbded the Canadian UN Ambassador his copy two wekks ago while in Washington DC.  This non-fiction book coule be book of the yeaqr in 2012 and D'Aoust may end up with a Noble!!  God- by whatever name  is Eternal and was never Created.... and each of us has the Creator's Holy Spirit in us in the form of the Angelic Winged Horse!!

1. profile image0

What is a "dimension" in the first place?

40. profile image0
    Sherlock221bposted 12 years ago

I'm pretty sure Margaret Thatcher created God, when she was Prime Minister, because she needed a deputy.

41. normanwinkfield profile image40
    normanwinkfieldposted 12 years ago

Who created god? I love that question. All I can say is that he lives inside of me. I put him there when i acceted his son as my lord and savior and in return I have recieved everlasting life. Where ever he/she or it came from. When he came into my life he brought knowledge and wisdom to me. I can't put things inside of my body that don't belong there, I became a health nut. Since he lives inside of my, I have to keep that place clean. He talks to me throught my glandular system by stimulating the peneal which controls all of the other glands. I don't know where he came from, but i know where he is now.

earnestshubposted 12 years agoin reply to this

This has given a whole new meaning to that art "Pi** Christ"

42. profile image50
    paarsurreyposted 12 years ago

who created god?

It is an irrational question; by definition the Creator God is a being on His own; so it is an invalid question.

1. profile image0

So you are rational?  Please explain rationally how god created?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)