Why do unpublished hubs score continue to rise?

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (19 posts)
  1. homesteadbound profile image81
    homesteadboundposted 12 years ago

Obviously there is no traffic since it is not published. And is it beneficial to let them sit and hibernate until their numbers are really up before publishing?

1. earnestshub profile image79
      earnestshubposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Some may rise through a lack of gravity. lol

Seriously though, I do let mine "fester" a while before I publish them sometimes and see the odd 65 or so score before publishing.

homesteadboundposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Is there a benefit to doing that?

Also, why does my personal hub score increase substantially while I sleep?

1. paradigmsearch profile image60
            paradigmsearchposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You must have good karma.

Cute! I'd much rather have good dreams. It's way past my bedtime and hubpages has me up again. Better get to sleep soon.

2. Marisa Wright profile image85
          Marisa Wrightposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Most of us believe there is, but it may just be an old wives' tale!

2. kschang profile image87
      kschangposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hubscore is a combination of factors based on age, views, comments, up/down votes, reactions, and so on. Age does appear to be a factor, and it's not from publication date, but creation date.

3. healinghands1668 profile image67
      healinghands1668posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hubscores are a complete mystery to me. My overall score was 83 yesterday, and today it's sitting at 88. My highest-rated hub was 87 yesterday, and now it's 79, which is kinda depressing.

I read some of your hubs, and their great. I plan on reading more tomorrow. Just keep going. I see that we are both fairly new at this. Maybe we can expand our horizons together as we go through this hubpages journey together.

1. healinghands1668 profile image67
          healinghands1668posted 12 years agoin reply to this

I just read your hub on blessing children. Seems you write on a variety of topics. That seems like it can only be a good thing. Hoping lots of luck for both of us smile

I am writing about a lot of things because I'm trying to find out who I am and what I can write about best. I have not written much before. I have always wanted to write, but found the idea of writing a book overwhelming. So I am excited to try alot of different topics. I guess you could say that I am spreading my wings a bit.

2. psycheskinner profile image84
    psycheskinnerposted 12 years ago

It seems to me that the scores of your other hubs influence the score so it will rise a bit even without traffic.

3. sofs profile image76
    sofsposted 12 years ago

I had a couple of my hubs unpublished sometime ago...and the scores plummeted rapidly from 80 - 59 in 4 four days ..so this is news to me.. Good for you smile

I'm talking about ones that have never been published. Although the one that I had unpublished that I need to rewrite is also rising. Thanks for the imput everyone.

4. Hunbbel Meer profile image75
    Hunbbel Meerposted 12 years ago

'Lack of Gravity' is the only sensible and logical reason for it =P

These hub scores and the author-scores are a mystery to me. They never work as expected. I'm copying my post which I just made on another forum about hub scores (M too lazy to re-write it again!)

"When I suspended my work at hubpages for a couple of months, my author score was still hovering around 78-85 (the same when I was working being a prolific person).

One of my hubs is on google's no.3 ranking (page 1); it daily brings me a pretty decent amount of traffic, and is REALLY WELL WRITTEN. But it is usually below in the score than some of the hubs that are not craps and not even in the 25 pages of google and other search engines such as Yahoo and Bing!"

That's how it works! roll

Thanks Hunbbel Meer. I'll settle for the lack of gravity theory!

5. maxravi profile image44
    maxraviposted 12 years ago

I think one reason might be , we owner opens that hub again and again keep on writing, that may increases the score..not sure though.

But it happens overnight while I am sleeping!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)