God says, "Homosexuality is not immoral and is not a sin"

Jump to Last Post 1-19 of 19 discussions (141 posts)
  1. profile image61
    Brad Watsonposted 12 years ago

(After I noticed that the thread Will homosexuals go to heaven or hell when they die? have 740 replies [10:00], I decided to write the following...)

The prequel/sequel to the Bible has been written and is entitled There Are No Coincidences - there is synchronism. In it, is the message from God of "Everyone is to be treated equally. Homosexuality is not immoral and is not a sin. The world was designed for 7.4 billion people - no more! Humans are overpopulating the planet without any serious thought about how to stop and how to provide for the present population. A great increase in homosexuality is God/nature's way of preventing overpopulation."

See "7 Seals" revealed as 'beyond Einstein theories' <no promotional links>

1. Quilligrapher profile image72
      Quilligrapherposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Is this God's way of saying, "Sorry, folks. What I told you in the Bible was a lie but this time I'm telling you the truth?"

1. livelonger profile image86
        livelongerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Or, another possibility: "You've been misinterpreting what I told you for the last 1700 years to suit your own petty prejudices."

1. RedElf profile image90
          RedElfposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Well said!

2. 2besure profile image81
        2besureposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Homosexuality does not stop overpopulation.  Many homosexual men and women want families and will have their partners conceive or find a surrogate to carry the baby for them.

1. RavenBiker profile image60
          RavenBikerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

The percentage of same-sex couples (or individual gay and lesbian persons) who opt to be parents is incredibly small compared to opposite-sex couples and their single counter-parts.  In short, same-sex parents hardly contribute to over-population.

What contributes to over-population is the absence of appropriate child-bearing education among the poor. here and elsewhere in the world.

2. cooldad profile image60
      cooldadposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I'm glad to see the forum topic I started has influenced the creation of another forum.  Thanks.

3. Randy Godwin profile image60
      Randy Godwinposted 12 years agoin reply to this

No thanks!  I never cared for watching those poor seals being made to lumber up onto those circus barrels and honk those stupid horns.  lol

1. RedElf profile image90
        RedElfposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Even better! big_smilebig_smilebig_smile

4. Mighty Mom profile image78
      Mighty Momposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Great News!!!
      Praise be!
      So when can we expect the Christians to start sending homosexual missionaries to overpopulated countries to preach this pre-gospel? lol

5. TLMinut profile image59
      TLMinutposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Sodomy is forbidden in the Bible. Probably because these rules and laws were giving the best and healthiest ways to live and sodomy is not one.

1. cooldad profile image60
        cooldadposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I think the bible frowns on gluttony too, so it's a bit weird when you walk into a southern baptist church and there are so many obese people.

1. LeslieAdrienne profile image70
          LeslieAdrienneposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You are right... what should we do? smile

2. LeslieAdrienne profile image70

TLMinut

Practical point smile

3. RavenBiker profile image60

TLMinut, healthy ways of living is hygene, not sexuality.  If you would refer to other part of the Bible, mixing meat and dairy was unhealthy but yet we eat cheeseburgers; shelfish and shrimp was unhealthy but yet we consume them too; mixing fibers for clothing was unhealthy and yet polyester/cotton/wool pantsuits exist!  And what you call "sodomy" is best rectified with a good enema.

6. LeslieAdrienne profile image70

(This is almost too ridiculous to respond to, but I am going to nonetheless..)

What god says that? No doubt you have a little god of your own who you are reasoning with, but  This is what the God of the Bible says... (and, you can take it to the bank)

I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

For in the gospel a righteousness from God is revealed, a righteousness that is by faith from first to last,* just as it is written: "The righteous will live by faith."*

The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them.

For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse

For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened.

Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images made to look like mortal man and birds and animals and reptiles.

Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another.

They exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator—who is forever praised. Amen.

Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones.

In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion.

Furthermore, since they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, he gave them over to a depraved mind, to do what ought not to be done.

They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice. They are gossips, slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil; they disobey their parents; they are senseless, faithless, heartless, ruthless.

Although they know God's righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them.

God didn't and doesn't make us do anything...he will let you do what you want...it is not on God, it is on YOU..... We have a personal responsibility that we all will be held accountable for... 

Nothing is hopeless... that is the point of Jesus. He gives us the tools to obey Him. We just have to pick them up and use them. We fight to do the right thing.... no matter how challenging, we fight! Sometimes we are successful and sometimes we fail.

But we never make an excuse for our inability... we call it what it is and, homosexuality is sin just like stealing is sin....

I humbly await the backlash..... smile

If you read this to this point, I thank you....

1. DoubleScorpion profile image78
        DoubleScorpionposted 12 years agoin reply to this

1 Corinthians 14:34

34 women should remain silent in the churches. They are not allowed to speak, but must be in submission, as the Law says.

1 Timothy 2:9-12

9 I also want women to dress modestly, with decency and propriety, not with braided hair or gold or pearls or expensive clothes,
        10but with good deeds, appropriate for women who profess to worship God.
        11 A woman should learn in quietness and full submission.
        12 I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man; she must be silent

How many are following this from God's Word?

We confuse the culture of the times with the truth of God's Word. The silence in church thing was only because the men were seated on one side of the room and the women were seated on the other.

Men were the only ones who were allowed any formal education. Consequently, they had some knowledge that the women didn't have.

When a woman had a question, she would blurt it out in the  middle of the discourse.

Can you imagine.... the speaker makes a point, and Judy blurts out to her husband, "Hey George, what does he (the preacher) mean?"  Her dumb husband probably tried to answer her which further caused confusion in the service.

This is what Paul was talking about. If a woman didn't have a husband, she was not sitting in the same section as the married women.

The dress code issue was mentioned in Ephesians. The city of Ephesus was steeped in goddess worship. Those female followers dressed ornately in an effort to exalt or emulate their goddess.

The learning in quietness and full submission was cultural because women were at that time second class or rather no class citizens... this is not the case today.

And again, the culture of goddess worship in this city promoted women above men in the sense that there goddess was a man and therefore women were better than men. Here is a reference to my statements. smile

http://www.bible.com/bibleanswers_result.php?id=141

He had to address

the woman not teaching or having authority is also a local custom thing.  All throughout the New Testament Paul, the same Apostle  who wrote your references, commends women for being preachers and evangelists and pastors.... Aquilla and his wife Priscilla, Junia(s) was a female Apostle.

1 Corinthians 11:5, "But every woman that prayeth or prophesieth with her head uncovered dishonoureth her head: for that is even all one as if she were shaven."

If women were commanded to be silent in the church in every area, Paul would not have told them to put something on their head when they prayed and or prophesied.

Thank God, culture has changed... it is still difficult for women ministers, but it doesn't matter, their presence and ministry is scriptural

1. DoubleScorpion profile image78
            DoubleScorpionposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for justifing yourself...That proves the point I was trying to make, which is...Christians use the interpretation of the bible to their own advantage and at the same time use it to put down others.

One cannot use the bible to cast judgement and then turn around and say that because times have changed another part does not apply in todays times. If that is the case, then the laws consider those that are "Gay" no longer apply in todays times either...because as you have said..."Thank God, Culture has changed"

This also leads me to believe that you are following more of the teachings of S/Paul, than those supposed to be taught by Jesus via the 4 gospels. A true Christian would only require the 4 Gospels if truly following only the teachings of Jesus. S/Paul never even met Jesus and even admitted that he was spreading that which he gathered from the Sacred texts and what "the Christ" spiritually lead him to understand.

Think what you will....

But you are messing yourself up... If true Christians should only look to the 4 Gospels than why would you challenge Christianity based on the Epistles?

You quoted Corinthians and Timothy... These are not the Gospels, Paul wrote those and you based you question on his statements....

Why introduce His writings in the issue at hand if you only want responses from the Gospels? Come on now....

Now, if you want to make a challenge using the Gospels then, we can work with that.  smile

2. Eaglekiwi profile image75
          Eaglekiwiposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hi DS

I believe the Open Brethren follow these creeds.
          (Have a friend and her family pretty much follow these rules).

Even though personally I would find their lifestyle too strict,I cannot fault the evidence of their faith.

They are a great family too and very supportive in helping all people by example.

The women in this family do heed hubby as head, and respect him by their example-but they are far from silent,lol ,in fact the guy would tease the for time to time about it.

On a serious note though, God seems to hold the man accountable and give him the broader shoulders so to speak ,but the man if (he is wise) delegates ,therefore trusting his partenar to lead the family in everyday decisions conerning the family.

I was always impressed with their lifestyle,and service to others both inside and outside of the church without judging or arrogance.
          They would see a need and just do it.
          Cleaning a house
          Yard work
          Preparing meals
          Childcare etc.

What a blessing.....

1. Eaglekiwi profile image75

They sure were/are.

I was someone they helped and I will never forget their witness.

Picture this:
              Hungover from the night before ,party mess everywhere and rushing to get to work feeling like yesterdays dog food!! and THOSE people on my doorstep!!
              My mind was thinkingyea right I really need people like YOU in my face today.
              The woman introduced herself and said she knew my sis, I recognised her name ,so being courteous I said ,Im sorry I have to go to work ,but you are welcome to make yourself at home (As if it was a welcoming site)...

Joe the womans husband said, I noticed your gate doesnt close, and his sons (13 and 16 yrs) were on spring break,would it be ok if they painted the fence !!

I came home from work at 10pm and the girls had cleaned up from top to bottom ,left meals in the refrigerator and even had weeded the garden that bordered my property with anothers! plus the wood stained fence looked great!!

She left a note to say ,they had a great time at my place lol
              No scipture ,No lectures ,No judgement.

That got my attention wink

2. profile image0
        Emile Rposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Although your post also seemed almost too ridiculous to respond to, I thought I'd point out a curiosity I noticed. You said:

he gave them over to a depraved mind, to do what ought not to be done. They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice. They are gossips, slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil; they disobey their parents; they are senseless, faithless, heartless, ruthless. Although they know God's righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death.

Reading through that, the only people who came to mind that truly fit that description were Christians.

no disagreement with you at all... the difference is that Christians know they need help...and since they do, they cling to the cross of Christ exercising their faith that they will be delivered by His shed blood.

We may say messed up things out of our mouths that make people feel unloved, and no-good. What can I say?? We do it and are wrong for it.

I can only apologize for that... (I know when I first got saved, I messed up a lot of people...I truly ask for forgiveness for that). But, the truth remains the same.  Jesus is real and He loves us all.... big_smile

1. profile image0

Your words that 'Jesus loves us all' is in direct contrast to the sentiments you expressed in your post that I replied to.

I'm confused as to which it is. Hate or love. It can't be both.

1. livelonger profile image86
              livelongerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Sure it can be.

Love everyone (say this with an artificially-wide smile, because the Big J is watching).

Hate the sins committed by people you don't know and will never meet (ignore the sins you and your loved ones are routinely guilty of)

Nope... Hate the sin committed by family, friends and self. (Self first)

Receive the redemption and the shed blood of Jesus that covers and forgives those sins.

And, renew your mind so you can understand what is really going on and not be hopeless thinking that things have to stay the way that they are... or that you have to stay as you are

Is this smile better smile

One of the beautiful things about walking with God is that you can be changed... you don't have to remain with the same old hang-up or issues that seem like they will plague you forever...'

You, me and anybody who wants to can be free from bondage....
                (This good news deserves the wide smile...) big_smile

2. profile image0

smile That clears up the confusion.

I am so glad.... Be Blessed.

3. Eaglekiwi profile image75

Injecting some objectivety here hopefully.

Jesus became angry  or impatient with injustice,dishonest practices ,and abusive and hypocrital pious people. Many of the people in His day were 'Religious people' deemed by the community as 'the ones' who judged a persons 'religious worth' while they themselves raped the benefits of 'Self righteosness'

Nothing has really changed ,and it is always the state of man/womens heart that God wants to change

Proud-Humble
                Angry-Peaceful
                Self-centred-God centred
                Anxious-Peaceful
                Depression-Joy
                Stubborn -to obedient

Etc.

Absolutely...

Emile,

Don't be confused... Gods righteous decree or right punishment for these violations is death, but, because God loves us all, He sent Jesus to take the punishment for us.... That is the point of Jesus' coming.

If God were to treat us with justice, we would all be dead right now... we would not be having this conversation... I know I would have been killed at 13... but, the suffering of Jesus took my place... It bought me time to recognize my sin and to accept the work of Jesus, His life, death, descent into Hell and resurrection from the dead as having been done for me...

See, it is personal, the scripture says, (John 3:16-21)

"For God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life."

"God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him."

""There is no judgment against anyone who believes in him. But anyone who does not believe in him has already been judged for not believing in God's one and only Son."

"And the judgment is based on this fact: God's light came into the world, but people loved the darkness more than the light, for their actions were evil."

"Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed."

"But those who do what is right come to the light so others can see that they are doing what God wants.*" Footnote:
              * Or can see God at work in what he is doing.

Sin was here when Adam and Eve tripped. Their sin separated all of mankind from God. We were consequently born into sin...

But, if you look back at the purpose of creation we are reminded that God created man because he wanted beings in His class to fellowship with. (Genesis 1:26)  He did not create us to kill us. That would be stupid.

Adams sin caused us to be taken captive or kidnapped by the devil and doomed for real. But, God provided a way out through Jesus Christ...If we take the way out, we are saved.

You say, "But why didn't God just punish Adam and Eve or simply scrap the whole mess and begin again."

He didn't because His level of integrity is beyond our human comprehension. He made a commitment to Himself when He made man and, God will not go against His commitments.

So, He was stuck with the outcome of Adam and Eve's sin. Fortunately, He formulated a plan of redemption through Jesus Christ...

I hope this helps to clear up any confusion big_smile

1. profile image0

Clears up confusion? Are you kidding me?

I'd attempt to explain why that post was ridiculous, but I don't have the time, or inclination, to explain on how many levels that made me laugh. I will say that it helps to think about the subject matter. Not simply regurgitate scripture coupled  with discombobulated commentary as to what you want to think it means.

Oh well, my mistake I didn't catch the cynicism ....

Be blessed none the less.... smile

3. RavenBiker profile image60

Long winded.  But, it matters not to me.  Your god is not my God.  Amen to that brother!

7. pennyofheaven profile image80
      pennyofheavenposted 12 years agoin reply to this

That makes sense since immoral and sin are man made concepts of what is.

8. Apostle Jack profile image60
      Apostle Jackposted 12 years agoin reply to this

What bible are you reading from.We each can be define as fruits,and  All fruits cannot be define with the same definition.There are most that try to have their cake...and eat it too.But the end justify the means. If everyone was going to heaven.....there would be no such place as hell. Good and evil have separate destinations. Like heaven and hell...and those that will occupy the space thereof.

9. profile image52
      saint-sinnermanposted 12 years agoin reply to this

to each his own , Christ was a time traveler any how so im sure he has seen and probably experienced that which is being spoken of

10. profile image53
      Spiritoftruth111posted 10 years agoin reply to this

There shall be consequences not only upon those taking part in homosexuality but those supporting it in coming years, because it has now reached the point that God has decided to remove the earths protection in near future and begin the great tribulation. It is in those days the evil within the hearts of many of mankind will cometh forth for nothing will be telling their spirit what is good any longer and evil will overtake them for it is already within them.  I declare to the world homosexuality will never be accepted by God it is a abomination and the angels which are spoken in revelations given to john to sound the trumpets and begin end are already upon earth, as was the angels upon earth in days of Sodom in flesh. Mankind time is soon up and the progression of acceptance of homosexuality has reached point it shall be no longer tolerated by the Creator, when the rainbow symbol of covenant with Abraham was defiled by using it with a abomination such as homosexuality that in itself begun the events which will transpire which lead to the end of this world. But the greater insult mankind has done to this day is to defile the sacred rite of Marriage which was a Heaven given ideal unto Adam and Eve to unite both spirit and flesh for Male and Female, it is not for Male and Male or Female and Female.  Since mankind has said in their heart we need no God a time will come the world will be without the Light of God and every person without oil in their lamps shall be overtaken by presence of the release of Legion, for like a virus shall he overtake all flesh submitting them to will of Antichrist whom shall come in glory to be God of mankind to rule in false peace into a great abomination of desolation in which such evil of those days shall bring wrath of God upon all of earth leading to it day of burning.

2. profile image0
    brotheryochananposted 12 years ago

here i go.
    God does not use things once condemned as tools of his divine purpose.
    God does not change
    What God has said in the past is still active today
    God did not say, homosexuality is a no no and then decide that its a good way to decrease population.
    homosexuality is a lust of the flesh and is brought about by people who follow the dictates of their flesh and nothing more. IT is NOT a push by God to stop the population explosion.

sorry.
    and i will just also mention that God does not use reincarnation. Reincarnation is someone becoming someone else in a different life and by passing the judgment of God.
    AS Paul put it.. "Hebrews 9:27 And as it is appointed unto men ONCE to die, but after this the judgment:"
    Resurrection is what God talks about. The same person being resurrected to begin their afterlife, NOT as a different person or a bug or an animal .

If God were to backtrack on any of his morals we would not be able to have the complete trust in God that we have knowing His decisions are righteous and everlasting and if a christian cannot trust God, then we also cannot love Him and this is the assurance we have in God that all his words are steadfast.

1. Randy Godwin profile image60

So I really can sell my daughter into slavery as it says in Leviticus?

1. noenhulk profile image61
        noenhulkposted 12 years agoin reply to this

and why are you selling your daughter?

1. Randy Godwin profile image60

I didn't say I was.  Just wanting to see if BO thought it was okay since it's in his novel.  smile

2. profile image0
        brotheryochananposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Slavery was a hebraic way of paying debts or buying.. recall jacob worked 7yrs for Rebbecca. If a person owed money they could agree to work for x amount of time or until a jubilee year. A jubilee year was the year that manditorily every slave was set free. God set this up so families would not be permanently broken up. The hebraic society is the only one which had jubilee years.
        Slavery by the hebrews is not to be considered as slavery by the heathen nations. Slaves could opt to continue service and they would be then be called bondslaves - willing slaves, because the hebrews treated their slaves well. If a wealthy landowner had many bondslaves it was a sign that he treated his slaves (butlers, maids and workers) well, it was a sort of good status.
        Today we call slaves, maids or butlers. We could even spill over into the category of hired personnel.

Its not my novel. Its Gods.

1. Eaglekiwi profile image75

Most of us are still slaves to an employee,why even Google is a master of sorts wink

1. pennyofheaven profile image80
            pennyofheavenposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yes I do agree.

2. A Troubled Man profile image58
          A Troubled Manposted 12 years agoin reply to this

And, you are certainly able to spin that novel into something entirely different from reality, redefining slave to suit your purposes.

2. tlmcgaa70 profile image61
      tlmcgaa70posted 10 years agoin reply to this

very well said!

3. Allen Williams profile image68
    Allen Williamsposted 12 years ago

There was a study done on birds that found when they were exposed to too much Mercury that they became gay.  This was an actual study.  Now if that is true, then it would prove that gayness is a problem with your brain caused by something.  It is funny that there are more gays now than 30 or so years ago, maybe even 10 years ago, so what is causing the mental problem?  Is it something in the air? No, or everyone would be gay.  Could it be in the water?  No, or everyone would be gay.  What about imports from other countries?  Possibly; a test would have to be done on other countries to see if there country is also effected.  For example, if China hasn't seen an increase in gays, but other countries are that receive goods from China, then perhaps China is putting something in the products being exported.  So that is a possible scenario.  Could it be the results of the druggies from the 60's and 70's that produced all the queers?  Maybe, but I'm not sure if a study has been done on that or how to that.  Something to keep in mind.  There are many possibilities but I do believe that it is a mental condition caused either at birth, or by something in our society that gay people either consumed or were introduced to.  The number of gays is increasing so something is causing it to happen.  I hope someone finds the cure because I sure as hell don't want to be a homosexual so if there is something in our society that is causing it, I don't want to get near it.  We need to help the innocents that were infected.  They don't want to be gay either.  I hope this gives everyone something to think about.  Of course this is not a result of some scientific test or anything, just my observations and thoughts on the bird and mercury test.

1. calpol25 profile image60
      calpol25posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Just a minute homosexuality has been around a lot longer than the 60s and 70s as it goes way back throughout history such as these pioneers who were gay and bisexual:  Alexander The Great, Dr Magnus Hirschfeld, Oscar Wilde, amongst many others.. And further more its not a mental problem either, and there are more of us because there are more people on this planet.  Also the people to blame for your so called infection are the heterosexuals because you lot keep having us. :-)  Of course this is not a result of some scientific test or anything, just my observations and thoughts on the

1. Allen Williams profile image68
        Allen Williamsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

No kidding gays have been around a long time, longer than the 70's.  I never made any claim to  the contrary.  The bird study was for real and I was just making a point that if that were true in humans, than that does make gay a mental problem.  If it were the case and you were exposed to something to make you gay, then you would not have the ability to determine if you wanted to be gay or not.  You would have the illness.  I was making light of a crazy study in birds but since you gay folk are always looking to jump on someone that explains your response.  Get a grip!

1. Pamela Sarzana profile image59
          Pamela Sarzanaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I think there are allot of gay Penguins, I wonder if its the mercury in the fish they consume. smile

1. Vladimir Uhri profile image60
            Vladimir Uhriposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Pamela you are great.

2. profile image51
          Rabgixposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Please kill yourself Allen Williams.

2. Vladimir Uhri profile image60
        Vladimir Uhriposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Homosexuality is mental & spiritual problem. Many were set free now they have the families. Yes some they were born like this, since all of us were born in sin. I am talking about sin of unbelief in the Word of God. Many people believe they are sick but it is in contrary to God word. This is why they remain sick.

1. profile image53

Not born conditioned and influenced over time by unseen spirits and the position society has aloud it to become. It is a lie to say homosexuals are born homosexual but it can begin it corruption at young age, if a soul allows the mind to seed itself it is overtaken by the weeds in body also.

1. wilderness profile image95
            wildernessposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Where are you collecting your evidence that homosexuality isn't genetic?  Links, please?

1. profile image53

My knowledge is direct from Heaven, mankind time is soon up world is currently being assessed by the council of Heaven as Sodom and Gomorrah was also assessed.  World will be aloud to continue to fall further away from God but soon those prophets given to John will begin to fulfill.

2. A Troubled Man profile image58
      A Troubled Manposted 12 years agoin reply to this

"Dr Peter Frederick from the University of Florida, who led the study, said: "We knew mercury could depress their testosterone levels but we didn't expect this.

"We're seeing very large reproductive effects at very low concentrations of mercury so we really need to be paying more attention to this."

The team fed the birds on food pellets which contained concentrations of mercury equivalent to those in the shrimp and crayfish that make up their wetland diet.

The males with the higher mercury doses performed far fewer courtship displays, so were more likely to be ignored by females. "

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/wildli … rcury.html

3. psycheskinner profile image84
      psycheskinnerposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I see no evidence there are more gays now than previously--or that homosexuality is caused by modern toxins.  Quite a few of them back in ancient Greece, after all.

4. davenmidtown profile image67
    davenmidtownposted 12 years ago

it would not prove that gayness is a problem with a brain.  It would prove that is MIGHT be a problem with an environmental issue.  That however would not speak to the volume of people who are gay.  And if by chance your argument was correct, the question becomes what do you do with millions of people who are sick; who can not change their behaviors because they were exposed to an element.  If your study were to be proven to be the cause of gayness... would it still be alright to ridicule and torment, beat, kill, etc... people who are clearly suffering?  Is this what you would do to people who have had strokes?  People who have down-syndrome?  What about black people or white people... their looks are caused by too much or too little melatonin. 

There are two fundamental problems with your argument.  1: you assume that something that is potentially true is true.  Regardless of the gayness of birds caused by mercury it does NOT prove that such an outcome could occur in humans.  2: You again assume that because the number of gays is increasing that some outside agent must be causing it.  3: How can you say that gay people do not want to be gay?  where is the data to prove this statement?  That is like saying all African Americans want to be Nancy Regan... somehow I do not think that is true. 

Because you fear being gay you want to put down everyone who is by labeling them contaminated. Labeling people based on your own fear of becoming them is a sickness of its own.  Maybe you should go have your mercury levels tested!

1. calpol25 profile image60
      calpol25posted 12 years agoin reply to this

You have hit the nail right on the head here Davenmidtown, this needs repeating "Because you fear being gay you want to put down everyone who is by labeling them contaminated. Labeling people based on your own fear of becoming them is a sickness of its own.  Maybe you should go have your mercury levels tested!"  Well said......

This is where Christianity has faltered, we are a people of faith and not fear. But, we have systematically attempted to enforce God's Word through violence, fear and foolishness.

Jesus didn't do this... He drew people to Him and when they came, they were overwhelmed with His love. They acknowledged  their short-comings, their sin, they realized they were in need of help, so they put their trust in Him to save them from their imminent self-destruction.

2. Allen Williams profile image68

@Davenmidtown.  No, get real buddy, I never made any reference or approved of gays or any mental person being beaten or tormented.  There again like with calpol25 you gay folk are so into starting an argument with someone.   You went into auto mode and started on the talking points instead of comprehending what I wrote.  You misunderstood the entire satire of the argument.  Just to point out one thing you misunderstood.  I did not say that gays do not want to be gay.  I made reference to the mental illness caused by something, and being the case if that would be the case, then if you were effected by something to make you gay, then if you would not have been infected with the illness you would not want to be gay.  The argument was if the bird study was true and worked that way on humans then since you were not gay before getting exposed then it would be obvious that you would not want to be gay.  Get a life and start learning how to take a joke.  I guess perhaps you are ill-equipped to take a joke having that mental illness and all.  Have a happy gay life.  If a cure ever does come along, I will be sure to post it here.  Wow! lol

1. davenmidtown profile image67
        davenmidtownposted 12 years agoin reply to this

your reply is not even a valid argument it is a reaction.

5. christopheranton profile image64
    christopherantonposted 12 years ago

There is no evidence that the number of gay people is on the increase.It is just that the repeal of some of the more repressive legislation, in western countries, means that they dont have to hide away so much. I doubt that there are many homosexuals apparent in Iran or in "that great christian bastion", Uganda. Get real. The number has always been the same. It is a part of nature. Get used to it.
    There is a brain weakness. It is to be found in the heads of those, who believe, against the real evidence, that God disapproves of homosexuality. He doesnt, and an intelligent, informed reading of The Bible will bear that out.

@christopheranton  Like the other guys that responded here, you too have missed the point of my posting.  I wasn't making any such claims.  I was making light of a true bird study and throwing some things out there for conversation in the name of satire.  Learn to take a joke and don't take things so serious.  Read it again so you can understand it.

There was no point to your argument except to spread hatred..  The question being asked is "God says, "Homosexuality is not immoral and is not a sin" which is a topic that you did not even bother to address.   In the meantime I will pray for you Mr. Williams perhaps god himself can enlighten you.

6. ubanichijioke profile image75
    ubanichijiokeposted 12 years ago

Neither add or remove. The bible is specific, simple and easy to understand when it comes to this topic. Be blessed

7. christopheranton profile image64

ubanichijioke.
    That is precisely what I have just said. If you want to read The bible accurately, and to understand what it says properly, you must understand the historical context that surrounds the texts.
    You must also know what the actual words meant when they were originally written.
    There is no salvation to be gained for those who falsly twist the words of The Good Book to reinforce their own prejudices.

Take note ubanichijioke. God sees, and God remembers.

8. Allen Williams profile image68
    Allen Williamsposted 12 years ago

For anyone else that wishes to respond to my previous posting, read it again and stop taking yourself so serious.  It was a satire posting about the bird study.  Gosh, you people need to learn to take a joke, or perhaps being gay doesn't allow you to be funny or prevent you from jumping on someone because you misinterpret what was posted. 

Putting all of that aside, there is true medical evidence that does point to gayness as being a mental illness.  It was in the 1990's when the gay community started to cry because they were labeled as being mental that some of the medical profession retracted their finding of gayness being a mental problem so they would not need to keep answering to the gay folk for not being politically correct.  So out of political correctness the medical profession caved in.  Now let me assure everyone on here gay or otherwise that if a cure for gayness is found, I will post it here so you can see how to cure yourself.  Probably since the mental illness has prevented any of you from knowing that it is a mental illness and therefore you believe that you want to be gay, then it will take a friend to help you get the cure since you won't see the problem.  In case anybody doesn't know me, I am not politically correct and I don't believe in it.  I don't believe that gays, freaks, cons, blacks, blues, yellows, or any other class of people that you can think of can tell me what I can think or say.  I am a normal hetero-sexual and I find it offensive that gays try to make me fit their mold of being politically correct so screw off! lol

Thank you... for making all of our points regarding your argument.

2. RavenBiker profile image60

The words "mental illness" are out moded.  You either have mental health or you don't.  LGBT people just want to be considered to have mental health because they have jobs, homes, people that they love and love back.  There is nothing "politically correct" about  these notions.

9. christopheranton profile image64

Perhaps Allen you are being satirical. It is a satire similar to that employed by the nazis against the jews in the nineteen thirties.
    Promoting some sort of pseudo science to back up your low level prejudice is not funny.
    I am not opposing you on the grounds of mere political correctness, but rather on behalf of those who are suffering death and persecution, in countries all over the globe, as a logical extension of the "satire" you write.
    Not to forget the hosts of young people, in your own country, who are driven to take their lives for the same reason.

@christopheranton  Hey, don't compare me to the Nazis.  I am nothing like that but let me ask you something.  You want to be the know it all here so is it just that you are gay and hate yourself or are you a Democrat too?  I have seen the same low life traits come from both.  I don't give a shit what goes on in other countries.  I don' t care if in other countries that they kill people because they are freaks, weather it is their fault or not.  That is none of my business and I just don't give a darn.  I don't care that gays kill themselves.  The way that I see it is if a gay kills themselves, I don't have to listen to another freak trying to rule my life by telling me what I can and cannot say.  I don't believe for one minute that gay is normal but I give gays their right to be the freaks that they want to be or are forced to be.  Either way I don' t care.  People can be gay but allow me to be normal by being hetero-sexual.  Don't push your gay agenda on me or say bad things about me because I happen to be straight.  Preach the bible all you want.  It doesn't mean shit coming from someone that doesn't understand what they read.  I saw the way you misunderstood what I wrote and the way you keep attacking me for a joke that you just don't get.  If you cannot comprehend something so easy and simple as what I wrote then I must come to the conclusion that you also misunderstand what you read in the bible.  You need to prove that you can first comprehend English in order to preach from the bible.  It appears to me that you are some anti-christ that is so disappointed in yourself that you find the need to attack others.  Go masturbate so you get the poisons and the anger out of your gay body.  Perhaps you might even get rid of what ever is making you gay.

1. MelissaBarrett profile image57
        MelissaBarrettposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hey HP team, is it Hate Speech yet?  Or does he actually need to advocate lynching?

How do you relate this to hate speech?  I started to participate in this conversation with a serious study that was done on birds which proved that being exposed to mercury made the birds gay.  I only asked some questions to get people thinking if that could happen to people then perhaps being gay could be cured.  I was immediately jumped on about being hateful.  Why was my speech hateful when I was just making light of a study that was done.  It was only in defense of me being attacked that I told off a few people.  Why can a few people that have limited views keep someone else from participating in a discussion without attacking that person?  Stop with the personal attacks on me and just read the posting that I posted about the bird study.  There was nothing that was hate speech.  Sorry if people cannot understand my point but ath tis no reason to keep attacking me.

1. profile image0
            SirDentposted 12 years agoin reply to this

http://keenlotus.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/chill-pill.jpg

Ha, ha, ha, ha!  This was the best response that I received.  I love it!  Thanks SirDent!  lol

1. profile image0
                SirDentposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Those who are high strung should stay away from the religion forums.  The post you said was a joke had absolutely no indication that it was a joke.  Try and be more careful how you represent yourself and no one will misunderstand.

You have a very good and valid point.  I just wanted to get involved in the conversation without rubbing anyone the wrong way but apparently what I was writing about did not come across the way it was intended.  When I started to be jumped on about what I wrote I mentioned several times that it was about a serious bird study that actually took place.  I only wanted to see what people thought about the correlation between that study and human beings.  Nobody wants to take me at my word but would rather attack me personally.  At that point I think anyone being attacked would defend themselves.  I am not an evil man and I meant no harm to anyone here.  I asked that all the attacks stop against me and I will stop participating in this posting because it is clear that nobody understood what I wrote.  SirDent, if others could have spoken to me a little kinder as you have done, much of these posts could have been prevented.  Have a good night.

2. MelissaBarrett profile image57
            MelissaBarrettposted 12 years agoin reply to this

WTH, I needed a few days off the boards anyway...

Okay, first of all anyone who throws the word "queer" around in reference to a gay  person is 1. Either fabulously gay or 2. An ignorant backwoods chicken loving piece of redneck white trash.  I'm guessing 2 in your case because you certainly don't look fabulously gay.  And no, just because gay people use the word-occasionally-to describe themselves doesn't mean you are allowed to use it.  (Same with the N-word, just incase you were wondering)

I'm absolutely sure that you don't give a shit about what goes on in other countries, since you probably couldn't name more than 3 of them off the tip of your head.  However, at least in most parts of this country, it is generally considered bad form to tell people that you don't care if a certain demographic commits suicide.  Like it would be bad form for me to say that I didn't care if all pickup driving country music listening beer-in-the crotch driving spotlight-hunting from the interstate incestuous hicks all committed suicide.

But I'm sure you didn't mean anything hateful when you called gay people freaks or queers.  I'm sure calling gay people low-life was just your way of being friendly.  Calling someone an illiterate antichrist before telling them to masturbate to cure gayness was just your cute little way of making friends and influencing people.

But implying that in some way that you are normal because you are straight goes too far.  But I'm sure the male sheep will sleep a whole lot safer tonight.

1. Uninvited Writer profile image79
              Uninvited Writerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Best forum reply ever lol

10. Tumbletree profile image60
    Tumbletreeposted 12 years ago

To Brad Wilson- Nature, nor God, "respond" evolution doesn't work that way, however evolution has stumble upon a mechanism for change and response: intelligence, ego, and value systems. God/morality is an extension of our values system and so therefor does "change" in time. You're almost right. Over population is a problem and so a rise of homosexuality and the value of homosexuals to society is likely; except it is really impossible to make any predictions long term because technology is exponentially advancing too fast.

If you desire to understand how close you are to being correct. There's a hub under "Voltairez" called "Ego and value systems" which even addresses the moral evolution of homosexuality/heterosexuality toward the end.

11. christopheranton profile image64

LeslieAdrienne.
    Have you ever taken your head out of your bible for one moment to consider all the evil that has entered the world on the back of your prejudice.
    Does The God of Love really want to see young men being hanged in Iran for being gay? Is the murder of homosexuals in sub saharan Africa by ignorant "christians" part of The Divine Plan? Is the incidence of suicide by young homosexual americans, made to feel their life is an abomination, the Will of God?

Think please of the real harm you are doing, and the evil you are encouraging, when you twist The Bible into a blueprint for hatred and death.

You may be familiar with the words of The Good Book, but you appear not to be imbued with it's spirit.
    I just pray that the evil you are pushing never touches your family.

Yes I have removed my head from my Bible to consider the evil that has come as a direct result of teaching the Word of God. But not telling the truth doesn't make the evil go away.

No, the God of love does not want anyone, straight, gay, black, white etc. murdered because of there sexual practices.

Suicide by young Americans,whether homosexuals or not is an atrocity and not the will of God.

The Bible says what it says, it is our fault for not reaching out to anyone who is operating contrary to its tenets.

The hate and violence that we as Christians have and do perpetrate in the name of the Lord is a "sin", and, we will be held accountable for all of it.

I am sorry that my heart is not apparent to the reader. Sin is sin, and, Christians are to love people out of their sin. That is what Jesus did.

Because homosexuality is so personal, it gets this great big hype. It is not the worse sin in the world... all sin is equal in the mind of God.

We just trip really hard on sins like homosexuality, child molestation, and certain types of murder.... to God it is all the same.

People tend to put degrees on sin, levels, we make comparisons... we say things like, "Well, I do lie, but at least I don't steal."   That is so self-serving. It is all the same. And the remedy is all the same. Jesus Christ.

Does it mean that if we receive Jesus we will never sin again....no it does not mean that at all. It means that our sin is covered and we now have a means to stop sinning intentionally.

Any sex sin is hard to break because the body is totally involved and the soul becomes intertwined with the soul of the sexual partner ....  they are connected... emotionally, and soul-ishly  They become one...

I am glad that you commented.

1. profile image51
        Rabgixposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Being gay isn't a sin. Your God is a homophobe.

1. profile image53

Homosexuality is a abomination that the ideals came upon the world of man to undermine the plan of God by the fallen angels interactions with men and women. It is a great sin and offense to God and is the result of corruption of nature, there is consequences greatly for taking part in such sins, no homosexual shall ever enter into higher dimensions it is impossible for it is a unclean ideal that came out of Hell this can not be changed, those whom took part in such sins must forsake the sins and change themselves to be redeemed. When a society in history reached a point in sin which did indeed include the acceptance of such homosexuality was upon all even children being born, because of no righteousness remaining that society was aloud to be burned to ground by burning sulfur from the sky's.  It is in bible that in the tribulation such events shall yet again occur because of mankind again heading that direction on a much grander scale, so shall it be fulfilled. The purpose of life was to given the fallen spirits a chance to be redeemed, if that is not direction it is going intervention does take place even if it means a entire civilization is wiped out. Understand when God reveals himself nothing unclean can remain in his presence just by his Light the flesh would consume as in fire and the soul be cast into Hell. Mankind should not be asking for proof for that day for many due to their wickedness and unrighteous ways is a day of dread, it is only a great day for those whom are living righteously following the laws God has set.

1. psycheskinner profile image84

Bigotry is an abomination.  It actually hurts other people.

1. profile image53

I am direct representative of Heaven, if thou calls the truth bigotry it is thine method to deny truth. This world time is soon up mankind has no idea what is going on the Angels which were upon earth when the decision was made against Sodom and Gomorrah are upon earth now among mankind as mankind observing.  The day is soon coming that the tribulation spoken by John is to begin, mankind defiling Marriage is one the reasons why this world time is almost up. Your entire history is full of evil and in ending all that evil comes back upon your world as a consequence, that is why it will be aloud that Satan comes in flesh to rule mankind as their king and brings about his kingdom of darkness. God will withdraw all protection of earth and let mankind see what world without God is like,  the thing known as a conscious in people comes from God that also shall be taken away, that is why people will become so evil for no longer is knowledge of good given to world. Anyone whom supports evil will also be held accountable to that evil, homosexuality came from evil to begin with it is evil and those taking part in it are soon lost to it by legion.

Yet another prophet!  That's all we needed!

We do seem to be knee deep in prophets.  Do we need to start brackets to find the true prophets.  How would they contest it? Wiffle bats?

Wiffle bats might be good, at that.  Or a good old fashioned pillow fight...

Not sure we need to try and find the "true prophets", though.  Personally, I don't swallow the claim from ANY of them.

2. profile image53

More than, directly involved with how the seals shall be opened. Ye should study your revelations for soon those events spoken as the seals are opened shall begin.

Why study?  Because of an ages old myth that has already been shown to be nothing but fable?

2. psycheskinner profile image84

I prefer to spend my free time drinking martinis and watching TV, thanks.

2. psycheskinner profile image84

If you are a direct representative of heaven, I don't want to go there.

1. profile image53

Don't worry your future is known to me you are taken to lake of fire for a time, while there you do repent and later in judgement you are forgiven and offered the lesser of kingdom of God. Which if mankind was to see but one dimension of God Kingdom they would long to be there and could not function here.

I am not worried, well about myself anyway.  I have no repenting in my future on this issue.

2. profile image53

Ye will also be held accountable for speaking on maters of God like it is fact. All Sin is not equal and their is different degrees of consequence based on the sin. Murder is not equal to the sin of lust, certain sins will bind a soul directly to lake of fire were as other sins bind to levels of Hades.  Ye are not in authority to represent God and have spoken errors. I am with the authority of all the Heavens and will declare the direct truth to those listening.

12. BarrelRoll profile image73
    BarrelRollposted 12 years ago

wrong

13. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 12 years ago

Holy bat droppings Melissa dear child! (I just had another birthday that may allow the dear child) don't feel compelled to wilt quietly without saying your piece!!!!!!!

I have to say though......... I can't find fault with a word in it! lol

14. christopheranton profile image64

"It appears to me that you are some anti-christ that is so disappointed in yourself that you find the need to attack others.  Go masturbate so you get the poisons and the anger out of your gay body.  Perhaps you might even get rid of what ever is making you gay".
    At least, with that quote, Mr Williams has finally succeeded in his ambition to be funny, albeit in a rather chillingly psychopathic way.
    If the man does not like being compared to the nazis, then he should stop writing like them.
    I suggest that he study the history of Europe in the nineteen thirties and forties. In his case it would be rather like looking into a gigantic mirror.

15. LegendaryN8 profile image59
    LegendaryN8posted 12 years ago

*claps for Melissa*

As an additional note, I don't know how people can even say they are quoting the divine architect when referencing the Bible considering that the intrinsic meaning behind the scriptures has been warped by means of translation over the last 1600 years.  Ever try the telephone game with kids?  Imagine doing that with text, translating it from one language to another and passing it 100 generations.

Consider quotes of Jesus:

Aramaic > Hebrew > Latin > French/Italian/German > English

I can't think of modern technology that could translate something accurately through five iterations, let alone five different scribes.  Oh and don't even get me started on idiomatic expressions.  Those translate very poorly just from one language to another, let alone five.

16. SpanStar profile image61
    SpanStarposted 12 years ago

God has made it very simple for humans:

1.Joshua 24:15
    And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.
    Joshua 24:14-16 (in Context) Joshua 24 (Whole Chapter)

People don't believe, then they don't have to.

17. Jerami profile image59
    Jeramiposted 10 years ago

@ SPIRITOFTRUTH111

1st. this is but my oponion

People have the wrong prospective of prophesy! It was not meant to be a scare tactic as it is being used today. It is written that through the prophets, God would send a message ... Quit IT !    or else I will remove my protective hand ..  Many times!

And then in visions of A statue , and god interpreted this vision that there will be three different kingdoms to be given dominion over the Hebrew people. Babylon is proclaimed to be the first
    in a procession of four as depicted by the statue.
      There is no reason to believe these four kingdoms are not simultaneously rule over Israel, seeing they are connected as one as depicted in the statue.
      Though these four are later depicted as "BEASTS" the meaning is the same. Four consecutive governmental powers to be given dominion over the people. Nothing horrendous as has been depicted through private interpretation.
       SOoo everything (events) that has been described in these three chapters in Daniel AS is written has with the exception of the time times and a half a time as described in Daniel 12,were all accomplished before 150 AD.
    The time times and an half was completed in the mid 19th century. 
        The prophesy as described in Daniel are not meant  as scare tactics. They were meant as a forewarning of those events depicted that those people they were given to will understand that God hasn't forsaken them.
        The Book of Revelation can be seen in the same manner.
    These "Beast" as terrible as they sound are just a governmental type of establishments who are given power to do as they wish.   

SPIRITOFTRUTH111  I think you are right only in the fact that the Last prophesy as described in scripture are soon to be fulfilled.  It will be nothing like 1600 years of false interpretations has lead us to believe.
       As I said earlier, this is just my beliefs regardless of how firmly they are established in my mind.  Just my opinion!

1. profile image53

It shall be worse than anyone can imagine. The suffering upon earth during that time is greater than ever before. Mankind brings it upon themselves because of their pride and arrogance they wont listen to those sent to warn them. It is not scare tactics it is revealing that time of future and warning mankind to repent and change so as they are not taken by the Beast.

1. profile image0
        Rad Manposted 10 years agoin reply to this

The lord has spoken to me and revealed that you are not telling the truth. He sent me to inform you of your error. He has no reason to punish people for their ignorance. Repent for your lies.

1. profile image53

You by making such a statement has effected your own future by trying to represent Heaven and lying to one from Heaven whom holds the book of life. The prophecy given shall be fulfilled for I am involved in fulfilling it, I warn again mankind your time is almost up as soon as I am giving instruction by the Father, when Heavens saith the time has come then the seals shall be opened and the great tribulation begin.

1. profile image0

No, you are making a statement that will effect your own future by trying to represent Heaven and lying to one from Heaven whom holds the book of life. I have been sent to set you straight.

1. profile image53

Pretend not lest it come back upon ye, I am not pretending and this mater is serious, mankind is warned before hand so it is justified what comes, for it is was known they would reject. This generation is almost as wicked as time of Sodom and Gomorrah and it will increase soon as the tribulation comes.

1. profile image0

Pretend not lest it come back upon ye, I am not pretending and this mater is serious, you have been warned before hand so it is justified what comes.

1. profile image53

It is written those whom mock shall mourn, if thou loves those close to ye then for them repent of your mocking and do not again, for a person can bring a curse upon those they love as well as themselves.

It is also written that people that think they are emissaries of a make believe god in the sky are completely wrong, and their statements have no basis in fact.

2. profile image0

It is written those whom threaten shall mourn, if thou loves those close to ye then for them repent of your threatening and do it no more, for a person can bring a curse upon those they love as well as themselves.

LeslieAdrienneposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Rad Man,
          I thought you said there is no God? So, now you are saying that the non-existent God has and does speak to you? You really should make up your mind... Does God exist? Do you have doubts? Is there a gnawing question on your insides??? I think there is...

1. profile image0

Can't see the humour?

1. janesix profile image60
              janesixposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Thank goodness. Your insides are secure.

18. psycheskinner profile image84
    psycheskinnerposted 10 years ago

Time for a prophet free style battle!  Chose your weapons: wiffle bats or break dancing?

1. Jerami profile image59
      Jeramiposted 10 years agoin reply to this

belly dancing would bring more peace brake dancing ... IMHO

19. libby1970 profile image69
    libby1970posted 10 years ago

Good Grief this entire thread is crazy! One thinks he's a prophet, while others mock his psychotic ideals.

Claiming to be a prophet, and claiming to have the power as God is just a big a sin as any other!!!!

I believe in God, but I don't believe for a second that half of the stuff some have said here even deserves a response.

The blind shall lead the blind....

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)