What is the different between the women of Asia and America?

Jump to Last Post 1-16 of 16 discussions (26 posts)
  1. breathing profile image48
    breathingposted 12 years ago

Educated women = Prosperous nation.

1. Zubair Ahmed profile image75
      Zubair Ahmedposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Not a great deal!.  Women are the same everywhere as are men. However women in the West as in US tend to be more liberal than the counterparts in Asia.

1. profile image0
        Charlene Marianoposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I totally agree!

2. platinumOwl4 profile image70
      platinumOwl4posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Some women in American have been overly influenced by the popular media. This has given rise to a great deal of abnormalities. One, is as one person mentioned they expect a great deal out of a relationship without adding very   much. This is due to the Media's image of what a woman is supposed to expect. Unfortunately many women are miserable when they find out life is a 50/fifty situation.

2. legitimo profile image41
    legitimoposted 12 years ago

Just like any other place,I have noticed women from other country's are sweet,Until they reach the U.S they change because of having more freedom and more money to do what they want.Less rule's and regulations.

3. A Troubled Man profile image58
    A Troubled Manposted 12 years ago

I've found women in North America to be quite different from women around other parts of the world, they demand very high maintenance but have a lot of sexual hangups, probably due to being raised in America.

Hang out at any European nude beach and you'll spot them right away.

1. OutWest profile image57
      OutWestposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Bingo.  Women of North America seem to expect a lot just because they are the woman.  Women in other parts of the world contribute more of themselves.

2. Repairguy47 profile image61
      Repairguy47posted 12 years agoin reply to this

They will be the ones without hair all over their body and have all their teeth.

Beauty is only skin deep remember.   But attraction breaks all barriers.

1. Repairguy47 profile image61
          Repairguy47posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Beauty is only skin deep but ugly goes all the way to the bone.

Right to the personality I'd say. lol

4. Monisajda profile image60
    Monisajdaposted 12 years ago

It's not just education. It is a completely different social and cultural background. Asian women (born in Asia) grow up with different expectations from their family. Asian woman's role is to be of service to her husband and parents and to be humble. In US women are taught from the birth that they are princesses and they can achieve anything they want. They are told they deserve the best. So there are obvious differences if you are raised as a princess in an affluent country and as a hard worker in Asian family.

5. brakel2 profile image74
    brakel2posted 12 years ago

You cannot make a general statement as each country has the rich and poor and educated and not much education. Every woman in both counties was raised differently. Many wealthy Well educated people came to America from Asia. These women are family oriented and spend time teaching their children

6. princess g profile image61
    princess gposted 12 years ago

No difference

7. brakel2 profile image74
    brakel2posted 12 years ago

Continued.   We must respect the differences in all women and not make broad statements about anyone.

8. Stacie L profile image89
    Stacie Lposted 12 years ago

I find that men that don't like western women are intimidated by them because they are not afraid and don't have to depend on a man.
    The laws are different in other countries as women are looked upon as property and not respected.
    There are millions of women in Asia , Russia and the Ukraine that are trying to get to America for some reason.roll

9. profile image0
    Arlene V. Pomaposted 12 years ago

I am an American and I just happen to be of Filipino descent.  I am very grateful that my father sacrificed and worked hard to come here and become a U.S. citizen.  I do have a work ethic, and that is the most precious thing my father gave me.  I was born in California, but when my relatives from the Philippines come here and find out the streets are not made of gold, they work themselves to death and have no concept of what it is like to have a personal life.  Some of them marry just to stay here and do whatever what is expected of them.  If they are educated, they just work and see nothing but padding that savings account or buying all kinds of material things.  In the United States, you have the freedom to go after what you want.  As women, it's only you that is really stopping you.  But, it's important to have a balance.

1. breathing profile image48
      breathingposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yes, Arlene. I also agree with you..."But, it's important to have a balance."

Thanks.

10. paradigmsearch profile image61
    paradigmsearchposted 12 years ago

WOW! A mostly positive +1?

edit: Reread. Plus One. Period.

11. J.S.Matthew profile image79
    J.S.Matthewposted 12 years ago

I am married to an Asian woman (Cambodian) and I have written many Hubs related to her, Southeast Asian Cuisine, and Southeast Asian Culture. She was born in Cambodia and moved here (USA) during the Khmer Rouge when she was 12. She was lucky to survive as many Cambodians didn't, including family members and friends. There is still a "re-construction" phase continually developing all these years later, as Cambodians adjust and identify with Western Culture. I have to say that although many Asian women may supposedly change, my wife is the same whether she is in the US or in Asia. She is not "submissive" (by any means!) and she speaks her mind. She can be tough some times, but overall, she is a great mother, friend, daughter, aunt, sister and wife, to say the least. I have been married only this once, but have dated women from many different ethnic backgrounds. I would not trade her in for any other person. This is my personal experience with an Asian woman.

JSMatthew~

1. brakel2 profile image74
      brakel2posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Congratulations on a wonderful marriage. Good women exist everywhere. Your wife sounds like a good person to know.

12. Lisa HW profile image62
    Lisa HWposted 12 years ago

Every single North American woman (all of whom are, of course, 5' 4" tall, 36 years old, and faithful viewers of the Frasier re-runs that are air every evening at 6:00 p.m. (different time zones, but women adjust their schedules); and all of whom have red hair, a degree in metallurgy, like to knit, and attend a Catholic Mass every Wednesday morning; live by the following ages-old saying:

"When the ignorance parade comes through your town try not to be in it.  If you really have to go watch it, keep in mind there'll be lots of clowns - but not the funny kind."

As for every single Asian woman in the world:  I don't know.  I'm North American, and we North American women have never met any Asian women.  I should go meet an Asian woman one day, and then I'll be able to give a one-size-fits-all assessment of what every single other Asian woman is like.

Now let's talk about what every single North American, Asian, and South American man in the world is like....     I'll be back later.  I need to go find some metallurgists on Facebook right now and find out about their latest knitting projects.

13. Disturbia profile image60
    Disturbiaposted 12 years ago

Are Asia and America the only two places that have women?  I thought for sure I heard there were some in Europe, Africa, and Australia too.

14. profile image0
    Home Girlposted 12 years ago

The only thing I've noticed in North America - Asia women wear more clothing less make up, NA women - more make up and less clothing, sometimes next to nothing clothing. But then it's hot in summer here...

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/5425854_f248.jpg

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/5425855_f248.jpg

15. Lady_E profile image63
    Lady_Eposted 12 years ago

I respect women from all over the world but have to admit that Most Asian women have a deep rooted humility in them. They are not very out-spoken.

Just my observation.....

Ofcourse American women are lovely, but they don't take any bullocks from anyone.

In a nutshell, the two (Asia and America) are admirable but have d/f qualities.

16. Greek One profile image63
    Greek Oneposted 12 years ago

One group can nag far better in Mandarin, but in the end, it all comes out sounding the same to the human ear

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)