God Was Proven to Exist Today

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (15 posts)
  1. cooldad profile image60
    cooldadposted 12 years ago

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/5429563_f248.jpg
    What if this happened today?  All the news networks, all the world leaders, all the scientists, all the leaders of churches announced that it was proven that God DOES exist.  Proven beyond any reasonable doubt whatsoever.

I would say, "Crap, guess I was wrong.  I will adjust and thankfully, I will have to be forgiven."
    You see, it's not so difficult to have and utilize and open mind, especially in terms of hypothetical scenarios.

1. Jerami profile image59
      Jeramiposted 12 years agoin reply to this

This really is a good question. 

The ramifications of such a thing would be astronomical.

Unless this evidence also established which, if any, of the belief systems of the many churches were closest to the truth.

God proving his existence,  might cause more kayos through out the world than ever before?   Cause everyone will continue to Interpret the message to suit themselves.

2. profile image0
      AntonOfTheNorthposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I wonder if the world wouldn't be just a little less interesting.  A little less exciting.

Doesn't the uncertainty (wonder what comes next) drive us to explore?  If we knew what was around the corner, would we bother to go there?

When you know the answer, do you ask the question?

I think we might lose more if god was proven (or disproven) than we gain by wondering aloud. . .

cheers

3. DoubleScorpion profile image77
      DoubleScorpionposted 12 years agoin reply to this

If God was indeed proven to exist and his "word" was not what is being taught by the major religions...would any of them change or would they claim it was a fabrication and the proof is flawed?

1. cooldad profile image60
        cooldadposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I'm starting to think that it really doesn't matter what science may prove as factual or not factual.  Some people will still be satisfied with believing what they want as long as it serves their immediate needs.  No matter what, people will never all agree on such delicate topics and will continue to argue as long as we exist.

1. DoubleScorpion profile image77
          DoubleScorpionposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I agree.

It seems to me that people seem to have questions with a pre-determined answer and then search for something that will serve as "proof" to justify the answer, instead of just searching all areas for answers to a question to find the best actual "proof".

Just because an answer doesn't match what you believe doesn't make it wrong. If you take the whole of something, a reasonable "fact" can be obtained from the complete set of resulted answers.

2. profile image0
          AntonOfTheNorthposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Shroud of Turin is actually a classic example of exactly this.

cheers

4. pennyofheaven profile image79
      pennyofheavenposted 12 years agoin reply to this

This made me laugh? Was it meant to be funny?

5. Bubblegum Senpai profile image87
      Bubblegum Senpaiposted 12 years agoin reply to this

If god were proven to exist, than I guess at a Kantian level, it would completely change the way we think of faith... After all it isn't faith without some degree uncertainty, so all those people who "have faith" would lose their faith as they would be turned into people who "have knowledge."

I also predict wars, because, we all know that god (all of them) sanction warmongering. But it would definitely be easier to back the winning horse.

2. Jonathan Janco profile image61
    Jonathan Jancoposted 12 years ago

Some people just 'have to' believe they have such answers and have them exactly right. A lot of people seem threatened by the idea that their beliefs work for themselves and themselves only and not necessarily for others. Of course, I think many of the folks you hear this attitude from are believing something out of fear and not from exploratory findings leading to reason, conclusion and so on.

3. Trish_M profile image80
    Trish_Mposted 12 years ago

I'm not sure how this scenario could come about. How could this be proved?

I would still be left feeling uncertain, I'm afraid. I might even look at the calender to check whether it were April Fools Day smile

4. earnestshub profile image81
    earnestshubposted 12 years ago

I'm not clear on which god was proven to exist today.
    If it is the biblical one, then I guess that is the end of any chance of peace or love.

We would be back to "worship my delicate little psychotic ego or I'll kill the lot of you......... again!"  lol

5. gabbes profile image60
    gabbesposted 12 years ago

Seems like not a great many people are interested in proving god does exist as opposed to finding out he doesn't smile.  Chalk it up to people already feeling as though this is the reality I suppose. 

But it is bizarre when religion and science do not mesh.  they suit each other perfectly.  Two sides of the coin.  physicality and spirituality.  think of god as a mathematician.  Imagine that he created the event coined as the big bang and that he could calculate to the endmost degree what every iteration of atom that created every particle and wave would do and where it would go upon being propelled and released.  now I am not a scientist so bear with me.  If you could mathematically plot an event by calculating the endlessly intricate motions and eventualities of all the colliding forces....  would you not be able to predict the outcome of the meeting?

even if that may not be the case, what god or creator creates without an intricate knowledge of every facet and aspect of science and universal understanding.  I like to think of god as the ultimate scientist and I love that people who pursue science unravel the secrets left behind by a would be god who understands all things.  If a god ever wanted people to know him then unraveling his grand works is no less touching than a child learning his father's trade. 

But I suppose I should add that, the return of a messianic figure is outlined in the bible and probably many other religions.  big_smile  greater minds than mine have already been on the job.

As always these ideas and concepts are not here to tread on someone else's toes.  And all are welcome to pick at them as long as they can do so politely.  smile

6. skyfire profile image78
    skyfireposted 12 years ago

IF and Else ..Wishful thinking...

Assumption - If god exists
    1) We must worship him or else we're doomed in hell
    2) What preachers say is true
    3) Religious abuse isn't abuse, it's for your own good.
    4) God thinks there is only one planet in this universe where he created life and we must listen to his illiterate son
    5) God can send mortal son for the preaching job, don't mistake him with JW folks
    6) All religion except mine are false. So i have to either kill them or convert them.
    7) Kill the non-believers and skeptics. They hurt my religions brand.
    8) Political party that supports my religion must win in next election.
    9) TV channel that supports my religion should be supported as it shows truth.
    10) Education must include my religions verses as scientific or else we should kill the respective authorities.
    11) We should have fundraiser and donations for religious preaching, not for actual social problem solving. We need more converts with that money. Not freeloaders.
    12) Racism as per my religions views is fine but if you're not into my religion then you're racist.
    13) If we don't kill other religions, son of god will not resurrect. So send more people to hell so that he can walk without waiting in heavens queue.
    14) Science is crap. We should instead replace religious scriptures with science. HTML should be replaced with my religions ministry markup language.
    15) It's okay to steal oil and natural resources from other countries in the name of god and religion. You can always show them as terrorist and get control of their territory.
    16) Listen to priest. He's got more brain than any scientist. Priests saves souls. Scientists doesn't.
    17) Vatican is always right. Just have faith in them. They can build better government in this world.
    18) God exists. Shove this fact onto mouths of all kids or else they'll be skeptics in future. Skepticism is bad for capitalism.

wink

1. Bubblegum Senpai profile image87
      Bubblegum Senpaiposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Stoning party at my house!!!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)