How do you feel when you see sexualization of young girls?

Jump to Last Post 1-19 of 19 discussions (49 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Binaya.Ghimireposted 12 years ago

Recently French Vogue published risque photos of a 10-year-old Thylane Loubry Blondeau. The preteen girl wore make up, high heels and haute couture, and had expression that was not childish. Some say that was an work of art while others say it crossed a line.

1. AEvans profile image71
      AEvansposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I am personally disgusted. There are to many pedophiles in this world and young girls should be just that,"young girls." 10 years-old is to young to be wearing make-up, heels etc. What is this world coming to?

2. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 12 years agoin reply to this

This is sad.  Kids should be allowed to have a childhood.  I can see it being okay for a young girl to imitate her mom by dressing in grownup clothing, etc., for play,  but parents & society these days seem to be pushing kids into adulthood long before they're capable of even thinking about adult things.

3. Evan G Rogers profile image60
      Evan G Rogersposted 12 years agoin reply to this

If you think those photos are of a sexual nature...

... then...

... Yeah, I think you might need some counseling.

It's just a kid in WAY too much make-up. She's fully covered...

Whatevs. Just my two cents.

4. profile image0
      Nick Lucasposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I think it is sad and that people are stealing innocence away from children.  Life steals innocence as we grow older so I say leave children alone.  As adults we need to protect them.

1. AEvans profile image71
        AEvansposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I agree. The beauty contests for little girls should be all about natural beauty and talent. Not make-up, bikinis, ratted hair and hairspray. It is appalling none the less posing in Vogue. She looks like a 10-year old with make-up it is horrendous! Shame on Vogue for even doing such a thing, I am not looking at purchasing there magazine here in the U.S. for a long-long time.

2. 2uesday profile image65
    2uesdayposted 12 years ago

Saddened, that parents are willing to allow this to happen to their child.

1. rebekahELLE profile image86
      rebekahELLEposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I feel the same. Let little girls look and act like little girls.

3. Greek One profile image65
    Greek Oneposted 12 years ago

I hate the French

1. Richard Craig profile image59
      Richard Craigposted 12 years agoin reply to this

wow, you're not shy am you? lol

1. Greek One profile image65
        Greek Oneposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I like their fries and banquettes though

What about Le Mans 24hr race, French Connection, Patrice Evra or Daft Punk?

nope.. hate all those too...  but Cyrano wasn't a bad movie

Fair enough.  Is it just the French?

really, its just french men... the woman are hot... just not the prepubescent ones they like to use in the fashion industry

There IS some pretty hot french women.  I think I might have a bit of trouble communicating though as I can't speak french, not that I'd be able to get a word in anyway! lol

I always did better with woman the less they understood what I was saying

4. profile image0
    Liola Leeposted 12 years ago

I think it is very sad!!! sad

5. ubanichijioke profile image75
    ubanichijiokeposted 12 years ago

I love french. Patrice Evra, a great manchester united player. Love him all the way.

To the question, i do condemn it cos it may expose the underaged girls to abuses. Thanks

6. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image82
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 12 years ago

I want cloned copies of Karen Bach/Lancaume PRONTO!

7. Mrvoodoo profile image57
    Mrvoodooposted 12 years ago

I personally believe that the real danger is in seeing sexualization, where sexualization doesn't exist. 

Are these pictures glamorous? Sure.  Sexual? Not that I can see. 

If you see something more than what they are, perhaps you should be looking inwards...

8. profile image0

Mrvoodoo, I believe you when you say the real danger is in seeing sexualization. But how can you differentiate glamorous and sexual? We don't want little girls look glamorous with sultry eyes, gaping pout (to burrow the words of critics of Vogue photos), we what them look innocent beauty, don't you agree?

1. IzzyM profile image86
      IzzyMposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Pedophiles are attracted to the innocent beauty naturally exuded by little girls. I think its perhaps true to say that glamorizing them will actually help protect them from perverts.
      Oh here are some examples of that little girl by the way.

http://images.google.com/search?tbm=isc … 61l2-1l1l0

2. Mrvoodoo profile image57
      Mrvoodooposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Glamour, is defined as being: "Beautiful, and/or smart, in a showy way".  And in terms of photography, is designed to engage the eye.  Photographs of a sexual nature, are primarily designed to stimulate other organs.  And while the two can blur, they are far from exclusive, in my opinion.

we cant define it anyway we want... I know sick when I see it (and I usually like it!.. but this is nuts...

http://cynicalreview.files.wordpress.com/2010/09/beauty-pageant-child.png

1. Mrvoodoo profile image57

Strange.  Because all I see is a little girl. 

Do I find these shows a bit weird, yes.  Do I find it sexual, no.

As I said above, if you see more than is there.  Who is at fault?

1. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image82
            Wesman Todd Shawposted 12 years agoin reply to this

What I see is a little girl who obviously has some of the world's SICKEST most DISGUSTING parents.

Then I can only assume that I'm missing something that you see through your eyes.    Is this not just a picture of a little girl smiling?  What do you see?

2. IzzyM profile image86

That's all I see. A little girl with makeup. Happy to pose for the cameras.

Beware, people, of the political correctness brigade.

They are insidious, they creep up on you, they want you to believe that this is sick in some way.

It's not.

Little girls always want to be big girls.

Whether they are allowed to look like big girls or not is up to their parents, but hey, I bet you this little girl is loving it!

There are sickos in this world, there is no denying it. I cannot look at a child without feeling maternal feelings.

The pedos of this world, likely cannot look at a child no matter how they are dressed, without sick feelings.

THEY are at fault. They are in the wrong...not the child, no matter how she is dressed.

Didn't we have this argument already about rapists?

I couldn't agree more.  Somebody says "THIS IS SICK!" And you have to agree, or risk looking guilty.  Especially as a man.  But I just don't see it here.

Is there a paedo somewhere in the world getting their jollies over these pics, possibly.  Is the solution to hide all girls away and force them to wear to burkas?  I'm not convinced.  These days, if there's not a terrorist hiding in your teapot, there's a paedo.  Take all necessary steps to keep your children (and the children of others) safe, but don't let the fear-mongers turn something innocent, into something seedy.

1. John Holden profile image59
                John Holdenposted 12 years agoin reply to this

What is innocent in the sexualising of young girls?

9. Greek One profile image65
    Greek Oneposted 12 years ago

this reminds me of that sickening tv show where parents enter their children in beauty parents.. t

eaching them what 'really' matters is their sexuality and looks.. and preparing them for a life swinging on a pole in the center of a men's club

10. profile image0

I'm not quite sure if "Pedophiles are attracted to the innocent beauty naturally exuded by little girls," but it is true that innocent girls are more prone to abuse.

11. profile image0

I agree with you Greek One, I really hate to see children in so called beauty pageants. They are taught to walk like models on FTV and hurl kisses.

and usually their parents look like they wouldnt even win a beauty contest at an agricultural fair... they just want to live through their children

12. bonnebartron profile image68
    bonnebartronposted 12 years ago

Nasty stuff

13. profile image0

That's right!

1. HattieMattieMae profile image61
      HattieMattieMaeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Well they been exploited women on magazines for decades now! Doesn't matter what age, or where, or what they are wearing, we just need to stop explointing women period! lol

let's not get out of control now

14. profile image0

I did not invent the word sexual, it was there in the newspaper report.

15. rachellrobinson profile image84
    rachellrobinsonposted 12 years ago

I agree with Brenda, we need to let our children have their childhoods. There is such a rush for them to be adults when they have to be adults for the rest of their lives but they only get to be children for 18 years, and really they only get to be children for about 15 years.

16. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image82
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 12 years ago

That picture is beyond disgusting.  Of course I realize that you pointed that out, and used it as an illustration for such.

It's evidence of a sick world, and our world only seems to be getting sicker.  That child isn't even pretty dressed or adorned in such a way - she looks plastic already.

Is that the little "Ramsey" girl that was murdered years ago?  Looks like her to me, but I'm not sure.

I just goggled kids beauty contests.. its on tv all the time

17. 2uesday profile image65

This is part of a bigger problem i.e. that society appears to put a higher value on appearances than any other qualities. The importance of the celebrity and and how they look and people wanting to copy them does not help.

It is worse when children are exploited than when adults are; the vulnerable (as in this case children) are meant to be protected by a civilised society not exploited by them.

18. 2uesday profile image65

The child is featured in a 'expensive' fashion magazine and in the red dress and the gold dress she is not wearing clothes designed for a child of ten they are scaled down versions of adults clothes. She has been posed by the photographer in an adult model pose.

The fashion world feeds us images of women that are virtually unattainably thin and young girls make themselves ill trying to achieve the same look.
    Models are living coat hangers to promote the clothes that the designers want to be fashionable that season.

And sadly most likely, somewhere in the world another little girl is also being exploited to produce cheap copies of those featured outfits, she works in a sweat shop instead of being able to go to school to get an education to free herself from the poverty she has been born into.

1. IzzyM profile image86

Oh 2uesday you have got that spot on.

Little girls the world over are exploited for one thing or another.

But I do think what we in the West can do is not sweat over whether or not a child model, in the care of her parents, is being exploited.

And not sweat over what others think of it either, our worries are best directed towards the nations that truly do exploit children.

That plus keeping an eye on the whole situation. People power is tremendous, once activated.

19. xXSweetiXx profile image61
    xXSweetiXxposted 12 years ago

Frankly, these little girls deserve to have a childhood. Playing Barbie, not being Barbie. This is sad, yet disgusting that these innocent children are being portrayed as something that even they don't know. How does this really effect the way they view themselves, now or in the future?

1. IzzyM profile image86

Every little girl who has a Barbie doll, wants to be Barbie! Same as they wanted to be Cindy before Barbie was dreamt of.

How the world perceives them is another matter.

The whole argument of perception reminds me of the baby in this South Park clip:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wa_EmN7 … re=related

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)