Public Service Anouncement

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (48 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Emile Rposted 12 years ago

The Lord Almighty stopped by this morning; for a cup of coffee and a chat. I shared my concerns with some of the conversations I've had on Hub Pages forums and he said (this is a direct quote, mind you) 'Oh really?'

Anyway, long story short, He said to tell you guys that whatever I say he'll back up; as well as he is willing to back anything any of us say. He said to tell the religious to go back and read whatever it is they are reading again and to take the time to accept the world for what it is and.....if I remember correctly, to learn to live and let live. That's what he's been doing.  If it's good enough for the Almighty Himself, it had better be good enough for you. I've paraphrased the whole thing a bit, but some figures of speech aren't appropriate to share on a PG-13 site.

Oh,  and although the atheists and agnostics will all say I made this up (being agnostic myself I, too, have my doubts) those of you who believe in God should have no reason to consider me delusional. Failure to follow the Word of the Lord will, of course, incur the usual consequences.

1. pennyofheaven profile image80
      pennyofheavenposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Makes sense. Nice and light and witty too.

2. recommend1 profile image59
    recommend1posted 12 years ago

Wow, he must be taking a break !  he dropped by here this afternoon and all he kept saying through the laughter was "they said I said WHAT !!!! "  He only stopped long enough for an ice cold beer and to tell me to remind you all that the end is nigh.

1. profile image0
      Emile Rposted 12 years agoin reply to this

lol You've got schutzpah. We hid the Bloody Marys as soon as we realized it was him at the door. I had no idea he was cool with alcohol.

2. pennyofheaven profile image80

End of what?

3. Randy Godwin profile image60
    Randy Godwinposted 12 years ago

I certainly hope you guys hid any virgins which may have been in residence at the time.  smile

1. profile image0

Funny you should mention that. Being shocked to have him in the house, I found myself acting all religious. Lying and pretending I was perfect. I actually tried to pass myself off as a virgin. Swore I'd never had sex.

D*mn if (after he coughed out the word b*llsh*t) he didn't immediately manifest a unicorn and challenge me to prove it. Suffice it to say he had a good chuckle at my expense over that one.

1. recommend1 profile image59
        recommend1posted 12 years agoin reply to this

I instantly offered to sacrifice all my spare virgins but he told me in a great booming voice  "don't be bloody stupid !" and settled right back in the hammock !

2. pennyofheaven profile image80

hehe you are too funny!

4. TMMason profile image60
    TMMasonposted 12 years ago

God is not a Liberal and to think he would accept the BS ways man is today and not have a problem with it is just plain idiocy.

Christians do live and let live... but we do not embrace and accept sin and abominable acts as okay to do and live your life for.

That is pretty simple.

Toleration and acceptance are two different things. We tolerate, we do not accept it as a part of our lives, but we tolerate that others may.

Simple.

Yep - that was one of the things he was grumbling about, all those people who blabber on about morals and sin and abomination when he clearly gave all that stuff up between the old and new testament !

1. TMMason profile image60
        TMMasonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

No where did he give that up.

Please.

Christ did not "nail the law to the cross" with him. He simply said if they want to do it then tolerate it, as it is only for God to judge the individual, and we should accept them as they are.

Which we do.

But he did not say accept it and practice it as normal moral behaviour. You are told to rise above sin and conquer it, not let it conquer you.

You should re-read your bible.

Christ said a thousand times, "you are fogivin your sins, now go your way and SIN NO MORE.".

Why would he say sin no more if it didn't matter?

1. Randy Godwin profile image60
          Randy Godwinposted 12 years agoin reply to this

We have no proof he actually said anything of the sort other than hearsay evidence from anonymous authors.

2. profile image0

God's exact words. Good job Mr. Mason. He says he loves you, none the less, but he really wishes you guys would get a life. Stop acting as if you are Him.

Now, don't take offense. And keep in mind that the Almighty has agreed to let me serve as mouthpiece. The definition for tolerate (and we've been over this before)  is;

The capacity for or the practice of recognizing and respecting the beliefs or practices of others.

See the bold. The Almighty wants you to live the bold. His words, not mine. Well, ok. My words, but I am the official mouthpiece. smile

1. TMMason profile image60
        TMMasonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Again toleration and acceptance ie; the practice of, and embracing of as a society, are two different things Emile.

Fairly simple.

And you do not speak for God, and your mockery is insulting to those who do believe.

But that is fine... you all can insult all you want, but do not insult any of you for what you are, do or say.

Huh... what a laugh.

1. profile image0

Mockery of God? You doubt his word? Like I said Mr. Mason. The usual punishments apply. Doubt me at your own risk, but the Almighty has spoken. Or not. It's up to you to believe what you will.

1. livelonger profile image86
            livelongerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Don't worry. You've only written another midrash. I'll share one of my favorites from the Talmud, one that Christians and Muslims have often considered heretical (which explains why most of them don't understand Judaism, and why there are so many Jewish comedians):

A man had invented an oven and consulted a beit din (rabbinical court) to determine if it was kosher. The rabbis argued and agreed the oven was not kosher. The inventor said, "It is kosher! If I'm right, that stream outside will start moving in the opposite direction." Sure enough, it does! The rabbis didn't change their mind. Then the inventor says, "If I'm right, then that tree there will jump out of the ground." The ground shakes and the tree is magically uprooted! The rabbis shake their head and say, "Doesn't matter. The oven is not kosher." The inventor says, "If I'm right, the walls of this house will move." Suddenly the house shifts, and the walls of the house cave in. The rabbis brush off some dust and say, "We don't care. That oven is not kosher."

Then a voice booms from the sky, G-d himself says, "I'll settle this. The oven is kosher." The rabbis then turn up in anger at the sky and say, "You! Stay out of this! Halakha (Jewish law) is on earth, not in the heavens. We decide these things!" Then G-d is heard chuckling (out of happiness), saying, "My children have overruled me! My children have defeated me!"

1. profile image0

smile Cute. I've always believed if there is a God he has a well developed sense of humor. If not, it wouldn't make us feel so good to laugh.

Me too. smile

5. ubanichijioke profile image74
    ubanichijiokeposted 12 years ago

God help you all!

6. profile image0
    SirDentposted 12 years ago

Remember this post Emile R?

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/81003?p … ost1745923

Then I replied with this one?

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/81003?p … ost1745953

I imagine we were both wrong.

1. profile image0

Ok. First. I'd really like to know how you did that. I'd love to be able to send people to a specific post.

And second. You guys take yourselves way too seriously. Your interpretation and opinion is simply that. I don't fear that if there is a God that he thinks I'm scoffing at him. I'm sure he would have no doubt exactly where I'm coming from.

You need to patent your belief system and call it something other than God. I have no intention of letting any of you bully me into thinking you have the right to tell me when I am, or am not, being respectful enough.

I'm scoffing at the foolish posts by Christians that they speak for God.

1. profile image0
        SirDentposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Go the the post you want to link to and click on permalink which is next to the reply button.  Then copy the link in the address bar.

The rest of your post does not deserve a response, in my opinion.

1. profile image0

Thanks.

And I didn't expect a response to the rest. There isn't any defense for claiming to speak for God and expecting people to take your claim seriously.

7. MelissaBarrett profile image59
    MelissaBarrettposted 12 years ago

Wow, God just left my house.  We drank coffee 1. Out of respect for my no alcohol in the house rule and 2. Because he was already slightly pickled.  Now I know why.

He didn't say too much about all the religious stuff but he did sort of imply that the fundies just really needed a good shagging.  Something about being fruitful and multiplying being polite phrasing for it and misinterpretation.  And something about if shagging wasn't supported by him then why do so many people-including atheists- praise his name during it.

My husband thought it was a wonderful idea... after God revived his little agnostic heart from the shock of the Almighty's visit.  All the glowing, however, had given me a headache so I asked for a raincheck on my Christianly duties for today.

Sorry. He was probably still a little too boozed up from his visit to our place earlier. Now we know where that bottle of tequila went!

8. Shadesbreath profile image79
    Shadesbreathposted 12 years ago

Nobody is ever going to convince anyone of anything. Only people in need convert. Only people who realize it's all man-made apostatize. The rest is hot air and the occasional bloodbath.

Are you sure? Sure I can't tempt you to change your mind with 72 virgins on one hand, and a lake of fiery lava on another?

1. shogan profile image77
        shoganposted 12 years agoin reply to this

How do you balance 72 virgins on one hand?  That's quite a trick.

1. MelissaBarrett profile image59
          MelissaBarrettposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It used to be 73, but there was an unfortunate accident caused by slippage.  She's fine, happy even, but she no longer meets certain qualifications for her previous position.

2. Eaglekiwi profile image75
          Eaglekiwiposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Oh my ,where does one find 72 virgins anymore wink

It is not possible to find that many virgins, even harder to find three wise men !  So that's the reconstruction scene out of the window then !

1. Eaglekiwi profile image75

Good thing it happened way back then and not now huh wink

9. Timlove profile image62
    Timloveposted 12 years ago

whenever God speaks to me he always gives me chapter and verse from his word to back it up. Did he do the same for you?

Absolutely does !!  with that big booming voice it is hard to pick out individual words sometimes - so he leaves me written messages in my own hand ! I am glad the burning bush thingy is old hat though, in modern apartments and all that.  As he finished the last of my Jameson's I showed him all the people who claim to speak for him and he was a little shocked at the wide variety of things they claim are from him, muttered something about 'time for a flood or an apocalypse' and vanished into thin air - with my Jameson's !!!!

2. MelissaBarrett profile image59
      MelissaBarrettposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Great.  There's not enough people quoting scriptures... Now God has to do it too.(Which is weird since neither God nor Jesus ever mentioned the Bible before)  It seems a bit redundant.  I mean if he's talking to you directly why not just say what he has to say and be done with it?  Why play biblical scavenger hunt?

What happens if you have a question about something that the Bible doesn't address? 

Dear God, how do I get this stain out of the carpet?

Then a voice says in my head "See Good Housekeeping, March Issue, 2009, page 41 paragraph 2.

You know I kinda like that image... On top of all else, God apparently does a pretty good impression of the Dewey decimal system.

1. profile image0

I detect a hint of sarcasm in a portion of your post.  If you don't think the Almighty gives helpful household hints I have two words for you. 

Martha Stewart.

I'm not sure she could possibly come up with all of that stuff without a little divine intervention.

1. Timlove profile image62
          Timloveposted 12 years agoin reply to this

God gave us the perfect system the holy spirit for the inword voice and his written word. The two must always agree. the two together is the perfect system. I agree with you there are a lot of people claiming to hear from  God and they dont even know him. The bible talks about that Jesus himself said in mathew chapter 7 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
          Read the whole chapter and you will see i am not taking it out of context.                                                                                                                           Yes I do think Martha stewarts gift is devine. I think Micheal Jacksons gift was devine we all are Gods creation but the important question is do you Know him. Seek and ye shall find knock and the door will be opened also in Mathew chapter 7. God loves us he wants us to get to know him.

2. Eaglekiwi profile image75

Well they both spent time behind bars -in a sense ,so thats what they were perfecting.
          Which placemats go with what dinnerware!!

All is well with my soul.

1. profile image0

Yes, well, as we all know a well set table is Divine.

lol cute

And the wine will never run out!

1. profile image0

Aw gee, EK.  You almost make it sound like heaven.

(Well, not really.  I'm a very indifferent drinker. But, it seemed like the perfect response.)

No heaven will be no dishes ,no cooking nada zilch smile

(Wine ,I can take it or leave it,mostly leave it cuz Id just fall asleep) but yea just had to type that in)

10. A Troubled Man profile image58
    A Troubled Manposted 12 years ago

Sorry, I don't believe any of you who say you had a conversation with God. He only drinks tea.

1. DoubleScorpion profile image77
      DoubleScorpionposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Tea?? I thought he only drank mead?

1. profile image0

He gave up mead shortly after the plague ended. Long story, but it had something to do with a group of monks who made the best mead dying off. The recipe died with them.

1. DoubleScorpion profile image77
          DoubleScorpionposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Ahh yes. I heard of this story...It is a shame...One just can't find good mead anymore.

2. profile image0

This is an obvious lie and a blatant attempt by the leftist atheist agenda to undermine my authority.

The Almighty is not English. He drinks coffee and he only takes his tea iced. In the afternoon. Like every red blooded American.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)