Do you recon God hates gays?

Jump to Last Post 1-43 of 43 discussions (341 posts)
  1. aka-dj profile image66
    aka-djposted 12 years ago

It seems many people have a warped view of this, as can be seen in another thread.

Here's the truth!
    You have believed a lie!

God does not hate gays!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe I should say it like this

GOD DOES NOT HATE GAYS

Did you get that?
    He hates "homsexuality", NOT homosexuals.
    But then He hates ALL sin, and He LOVES ALL "sinners".

Of course, I doubt you can see the difference. (Here's hoping you DO get it) smile

1. pisean282311 profile image63
      pisean282311posted 12 years agoin reply to this

and homo sexuality according to you is sin?

aka-djposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Read the Book.

It's not to do with  "according to me"!

It's according to the Book.

i want to know what is according to you and not the book...i want ur honest genuine uninfluenced opinion and book is influence...

Why do you want to know?
            What difference does it make?
            I'm not the Judge over others.

God deals with people based on His standard, not yours or mine.
            The Book is His revelation of that standard to us. That's what counts. Not my opinion.
            Nor yours for that matter! (no offence intended - -  just sayin')

book is standard to you and not everyone..you means 33% of people in the world...rest 67% people have their own books and different standard...

i agree with you though on one thing...god judges on his standard and not urs or mines or any others...agreed on that...

1. Castlepaloma profile image75
                Castlepalomaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

That poor 67% will never experience soul salvation.

Gee, that means 33% has mastered the kingdom of prisons, war and greed here on earth; I wonder how will they master the afterlife? The same way? Or  God has a  real  funny plan of picking and choosing  people to master the afterlife, in which smile down on earth and must tune in to watch the endless entertainment in hell,

2. InspiredHippy profile image70
            InspiredHippyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I had to pipe in here...the Book is not influence...the BOOK is the TRUTH!
            So, according to the Truth, sin is sin and sex in any form out of wedlock is sin. SO, I suppose then it stands to reason that to act sexual and not be married is sin. 
            The Bible is a record of the facts laid before us for salvation.  For nonbelievers it is hard to understand how simple it really is. I am celebate by choice.  I have loved both men and women.  Sex with both sexes is sin unless I am married.  And today I choose to live according to the truth.  Therefore I will not be sexual but with a man whom I marry...simple, real and true. My Savior gave me the truth and I am basking in His light.
            Be blessed and I'll keep praying for those who do not get the simple truth!

1. getitrite profile image71
              getitriteposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Another hypocrite, telling people to "do as I say, and not as I do"

2. Castlepaloma profile image75

InspiredHippy
              The Bible is a record of the facts laid before us for salvation.

That would surly support my theory that most Christian believe most people will go to HELL. Because most people do not believe the Bible is a record of fact for everyone’s salvation. I can’t imagine how much hate that could be behind that kind of thought for the rest of the world.

People tell me, I have a great imagination.

2. getitrite profile image71

Leviticus 20:13

KJV: (King James Version): "If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death. Their blood shall be upon them."

It's seems that God hates them bad enough to KILL them!  Imagine that?!

Still 9 countries give death penalties for gayness, today.

Masturbating is lustful act too, if you’re not making Christian babies. Then we must forget about sex or join the other religion’s breeders program and be fruitful in a non lustful matter too.

I’m doomed either way or any which way, I must have a degree of lust in my sex or I feel I am not doing it right or even loving myself first right..

2. Bubblegum Senpai profile image86
            Bubblegum Senpaiposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Leviticus 19.16 also says that gossip is detestable (though not punishable by death) so I guess all christians are going to hell. Exodus states that it is permissible to sell your daughter into slavery (Exodus 21.7)

For more rediculousness regarding God's law:
            http://www.humanistsofutah.org/2002/Why … 10-02.html

1. Bubblegum Senpai profile image86

And before people freak, I do not have a hate-on for god. I'm agnostic, and some of my closest friends are christians. I just want people to think about some of these things critically. If you're a Christian and you're happy, than all the power to you. If you're anything else and you're happy, great! I'm not trying to convert anyone, just creating discussion.

3. billabongbob profile image66
          billabongbobposted 12 years agoin reply to this

The 'Book' is supposedly the word of God, but it is written by man.  It is set up as a form of control by rules.  These rules are open to interpretation and many of them are outdated thinking.

It isn't that long ago that women were being burnt at the stake for being witches.  Society changes over decades and this needs to be taken into consideration especially when sexuality is concerned.

Sadly, this is an old argument.

Of course men wrote it.

God inspired. As for out dated, that's for you to believe. It does not make it so.

And please don't go on about control. Who controls whom?
            I recon politicians, dictators corrupt regimes do a much better job at that.

Besides, if you are not in a mainline church, how exactly can they control.

You raise too many issues to discuss each one.

The OP say God does NOT hate gays.
            I think that's pretty plain. But thanks for contributing. smile

2. profile image0
      SirDentposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Joh 3:16  For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

1Jn 3:16  Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren.

Jesus came to heal those who are sick.  He said Himself that the well do not need a physiucian but the sick.  The biggest problem is that many are sick and don't even know it.  It is like having cancer, but it is not known to you.

3. DoubleScorpion profile image77
      DoubleScorpionposted 12 years agoin reply to this

There would be no sin without the sinner...It takes someone sinning for something to be sin...So To hate sin, would mean one would have to hate the one doing the sin...because Sin cannot be something unless it is done...

1. profile image0

I am wondering how you feel about your children after they do soemthing you hate.  Do you hate them? 

To hate something someone does does not mean the person who did it is hated.

1. DoubleScorpion profile image77

I don't hate, so I am not sure what you are talking about... If my kids make mistakes, I teach them the right way. I understand my kids nor myself are perfect, and with that knowledge, I don't need to hate...The person or the actions...

1. profile image0

If one of your kids used a baseball bat to hit the other would you love what that child did or would you hate it?

Stop skirting around the question I asked earlier.

1. A Troubled Man profile image57
              A Troubled Manposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I think we should probably create some laws so that children won't hit each other with baseball bats. I know it's a common occurrence, but the death rates are way too high for us not to lobby congress on making those laws. That way, those children will suffer enough doing hard time in a prison and we won't have to love or hate their behavior but instead remain impartial.

2. DoubleScorpion profile image77

And as I said. I don't hate. My son has hit other kids with objects. It is how kids are, they don't know any better. It is my job to teach them better, more socially acceptable behavior. Knowing something is not the right thing to do, doesn't mean that I hate it or that it should be hated...Just that it is the wrong actions to take and should be corrected with instruction as the the right actions. Hate brings nothing but death (another word for Hell).

And as Hate is considered a SIN...Anyone who hates...no matter what it is, is in fact sinning...So does God really hate anything including sin? If so then he would be sinning himself. Well according to the Christian Standard anyways. smile

1. profile image0

I guess I have nothing left to say except, remember this convo if it comes to a point that one of your children does something that causes you to hate the action he/she took.

2. Naomi's Banner profile image73
                Naomi's Bannerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hate is not sin the hate of a person is sin

1. profile image0
                  Emile Rposted 12 years agoin reply to this

If Jesus said to love God and love your neighbor; where exactly can hate factor in?  I don't think I've ever heard a Christian say hate was not a sin. Are you sure about that statement?

It seems painfully obvious that many people on this forum have a difficulty separating the person from the sin.

If you lock up a murderer, you have not locked up murder.

If you kill a terrorist, you have not killed terror.

If I love a gay, I don't love homosexuality, but the person.

Are we getting this??? hmm

2. DoubleScorpion profile image77

And I think...that Hate is sin...no matter if it is hate of persons or actions...Hate leads to nothing but bad things.

People claim to hate sin but love the sinner... If there is no sinner, then there is no sin...So person or action...to me both are one in the same as you cannot have one without the other.

3. recommend1 profile image60
                  recommend1posted 12 years agoin reply to this

No - you are quite wrong in your own scriptures - hate is the sin.

The attempt to slime the words of your god around in such an invidious manner is just another evil device that allows religious bigotry and such pompous moralising as is evident in this unbelievably disgusting thread.

Powerful words you use.
                    If its so disgusting, why participate?

3. livelonger profile image87
              livelongerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

(not to preclude DoubleScorpion's answer, but...)

Do you treat people who are remarried (when their first spouse is alive) the same way you do "practicing" homosexuals? i.e. telling them that you love them but hate the sin they're committing?

1. profile image0

I am referring you back to my first post in this thread. 

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/81975#post1762633

Show me what you mean about treating Homosexuals like divorcees. I do knoew that God hates divorce.

1. AEvans profile image70
                  AEvansposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Ummm.... Sir Dent I am going through a Divorce so that means I am in trouble with God. sad Our marriage was broken and no chance for reconciliation boy oh boy. I know that God understands because there are reasons behind divorce. We cannot stay  when we having given it our all. sad

1. profile image0

I am not condemning anyone for getting a divorce.  In fact, I haven't condemned anyone at all.  God even hates the flesh of man.  Does this mean we have to peel our flesh off to please God?  Take things in context. 

Some people should never have gotten married in the first place but they did.  Trouble comes and it cannot be reconciled.  Should they stay together?  No, especially if there is abuse involved.  This does not mean God hates the ones who are getting divorced. 

If you want to talk about it you can email me.  Even if just to rant.

2. Naomi's Banner profile image73
                    Naomi's Bannerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

God gives reasons in the word that he permits divorce

2. livelonger profile image87

You have said you believe that you can not live in sin and make it into heaven. You said this about homosexuality; so if a person *is* gay, they will not make it into heaven unless they become straight.

I'm wondering if you are truly consistent in your beliefs and believe that people who get divorced and remarried are also living in a state of sin, and will not make it into heaven (unless they return to their original spouse, as specified by Christ in the Gospels).

I'm also wondering if you tell gay people and/or divorced/remarried people this, or only state your beliefs when asked.

1. profile image0

I treat everyone the same with as much as I am able.  I do not spout out specifics sins, but I do reply if asked. 

The problem most people have with salvation, is the fact that they must change in order to be saved.

3. Momma Mia profile image63
                  Momma Miaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I will have to look this up .... DIVORCE... feels like it means an ending...Thus a new start..  a new begin of life...   However when did paperwork become prevalent in the biblical times?  Does God get it notorized?  I truly am asking here as I find no real compelling reason for me to doctrinate this word for myself......  I myself am getting married ....Sept 17 ...to a woman ...love of my life ....and personally don't need paperwork for me to live, be, and treat her and our relationship with honor and honesty....  but yes ..yet I will do all paperwork to ensure her of my undying love and commitment to her... in front of God.....as God and she are all I need to  percieve my intentions. To me ... we are already married and accepted by God..... I am elated to marry her ....and I also promised to bake the wedding cake......That may be a little tricky since I am not a baker...   lol

God is everyone, just get some help with the cake.

Send me a slice.

4. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Amen.
      The simple truth that liberals refuse to accept.

Make it simpler, tells God not to hate sin, problem solved.

I lie down with my brother in bed for 14 years and never had sex and he turned out to be a pastor. Good thing that the sex thing, never did not happen, because starting with Adams family and all the incest and under age sex going on in the bible

1. profile image0

Yes, I remember when I was little. Me parents were slow about adding on to the house and we had three girls in a bed. The religious right would have condemned us to hell for that. But, they just love to imagine sin. I think it may turn some of them on. Not sure, still trying to figure that one out.

2. Apostle Jack profile image60
          Apostle Jackposted 12 years agoin reply to this

@ castlepaloma
          I know  some gays that have changed to straight ,that is what solve the problem. So can anyone else if they wanted to. So stop crying about everyone that don't agree with you.

1. recommend1 profile image60

I know many christians who found the light and changed - not one homosexual has ever changed except under the bullying aggression of bigoted christians (and possibly bigots of other religions).

1. profile image53
              Linda Hposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Check this out http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/People_Can_Change.
              The organisation is not religious based and would not exist if there were no demand.
              Some homosexuals live tortured lives of hating themselves for their behaviour.
              Oh and I'm agnostic, I'll believe things like a man living inside a whale when I see it not before!

Homosexuals frequently go through all the stages of hate and rejection so it is hardly surprising that many also have issues.

It is the hate and intolerance and blind self-serving hypocrisy that fuels the problem.

Try changing 750 million gays on earth, then tell the gays God will most likely send them to hell.

Or better still, try going down to your local nearest bear and wolf gay club and tell them that. Then put your fingers in your ears and run!!!!

1. Apostle Jack profile image60

So many people are lost in this world and I speak about even those that Claim to be Christians,but are not. Christ was sent by God to give anyone the  chance to repent and gain eternal life. Better than running,i wouldn't even go there knowing what rejection is there. As i have said.most of the world will not make it in.For as it is written...the gate is NARROW than leads to life,and few there be that shall find it.

Boy, the narrow minded hate threat  for gays, was just not enough

3. Momma Mia profile image63

Apostle Jack.....  wow.... Those that are lost can't be found (without Gods mercy)......and you my friend may need more guidence to seek the narrow gate.....  for it implies the few that have huge hearts ( Godlike) .... vast open minds(spiritual awakeness an apptitude)... and a fury for justice and rightiousness ( In Gods Image)  and eternal lfe is Gods promise...  to all that serve and believe in God.  As Tina Turner would say"  whats love got to do with it?       I say everything smile

You know,there are more evil,corruption,unrighteousness,and sin in the world which is the most population of the world.As it is written for the time will come when the "true worshipers" shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth,for the Father seeketh such to worship Him. These, shall mark the cause of the Christian Faith. Anyone can change.....anyone can become,it's the choice that matters.

1. Momma Mia profile image63

Sin = SIN      TRUTH seeketh Truth     Spirit IS God almightys      Our father that art in heaven hallow be his name... our kingdom come will be done ..on earth as it is in heaven.....    The wise can configure this ....  the old knows of this and the young depend on us to teach it....      you speak of change??   Change is for flaws in the original pattern.....choice is for those that still have free will...  Love is for all that will accept ....peace is for those that allow God to let  it become a part. of the major reconstruction of man.....  I say " live and let live.... with guidence to a Gods land.... and help and encourage Gods style love ....   oh I missed a point..... OBedience....that must mean as i interpret it...for myself....to obey the ten commandments ( as they make sense)  and to know ones relationship with Jesus Christ and our father.....  God really is offering us a true friend in all !
                       love and well wishes
                                    Mia

Well said.We grow as we know,and show as we go.

2. Momma Mia profile image63

Sin = SIN      TRUTH seeketh Truth     Spirit IS God almightys      Our father that art in heaven hallow be his name... our kingdom come will be done ..on earth as it is in heaven.....    The wise can configure this ....  the old knows of this and the young depend on us to teach it....      you speak of change??   Change is for flaws in the original pattern.....choice is for those that still have free will...  Love is for all that will accept ....peace is for those that allow God to let  it become a part. of the major reconstruction of man.....  I say " live and let live.... with guidence to a Gods land.... and help and encourage Gods style love ....   oh I missed a point..... OBedience....that must mean as i interpret it...for myself....to obey the ten commandments ( as they make sense)  and to know ones relationship with Jesus Christ and our father.....  God really is offering us a true friend in all !
                       love and well wishes
                                    Mia

5. livelonger profile image87

This is called "sugar coating the truth." You're not fooling anyone except those who similarly hate gay people, but also explain it away as hating the sin.

Most of us have learned that behind that wide smile and gleaming teeth, there is often a forked tongue.

6. skye2day profile image68
      skye2dayposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I agree God hates the sin He does not hate the person. It is not in HIS will that 2 of the same sex have relations. He created man for woman. Sin has consequences and this one really can mess with a family. The institution is created for mom & dad (female and male) then kids. I did not write this God wrote this. We have free will to choose. The enemy of our souls comes except to rob, kill, destroy. He is the liar and thief. It is not God. God loves All creation He does not like that many have devised their own rules in life.

In Christ. The King of Kings. One day every knee will bow and know He is LORD. Blessings to U always and forever

1. kittythedreamer profile image74
        kittythedreamerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

God didn't write anything, man did. And many of the original "holy" books have been omitted from the Bible.

I don't understand why Christians think that they are so holy that their lies and gossip or jealousy is more righteous than someone who has a different sexual preference. I probably never will understand that...

7. aka-dj profile image66

I see that my last sentence is absolutely true!

Virtually no-one who posted here understands what I said.

That borders on astounding.
      Not to mention absurd! sad sad sad

8. Apostle Jack profile image60

Sounds like you are trying to have your cake and eat it too. Some will change....and some will not.

9. 2besure profile image79
      2besureposted 12 years agoin reply to this

God hates all sin!  Why pick on one?

1. profile image0

'Cause that's the one that liberals are trying to force people to legalize.

1. livelonger profile image87

Why are divorce and remarriage legal? Why aren't you making the barest of efforts to make them illegal, if you're worried about the legality of sin?

....and God HATES liberals...being that He is an extreme right wing conservative.

3. rebekahELLE profile image86
          rebekahELLEposted 12 years agoin reply to this

oh my, so really, what do you say about the verse in Proverbs 6 that talks about the 7 things that the LORD hates? This is the New International Version.

6 There are six things the LORD hates,
             seven that are detestable to him:
              17 haughty eyes,
                a lying tongue,
                hands that shed innocent blood,
              18 a heart that devises wicked schemes,
                feet that are quick to rush into evil,
              19 a false witness who pours out lies
                and a person who stirs up conflict in the community.

That pretty much includes all humanity at any given time.. Although I see no specific mention of gays or any other group of people that some may wish to include. If you want to get real detailed, it doesn't even say people, it says 'things'.
          so why not a thread about those with 'haughty eyes' .. or liars .. or those with 'feet that are quick to rush into evil' ... ? 

It all becomes silly. I like what Jimmy said,

Why keep persecuting people because they are different from yourself, live your own life the best that you can and let everyone else worry about the way they live theirs.....jimmy

Why did God create sin if He hates it?  Since it is true that God created EVERYTHING!

And why worship a God capable of such a destructive emotion as HATE?!

1. Repairguy47 profile image60
          Repairguy47posted 12 years agoin reply to this

I think God created choice.

1. getitrite profile image71

I think your answer is woefully short sighted.

GOD CREATED EVERYTHING!

Just what makes you want to take away from God's ability.  Remember, before God, there was NOTHING!  So God created everything...including evil.  Then later, I guess, He created choice.

But why would He create evil?

What evil did he create? He gave man a choice between living in paradise or not. Man created evil.

1. Evolution Guy profile image58
                Evolution Guyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

LOLOLOLO

God dint kreate it? LOLOLO

LOLOLOLO So funny. lol

He dint no evil would b kreated? lol lol

That is omnipotence right there. lol lol

Was god shocked? lol

Thats what I said.

Yeah - I am laughing at your pathetic god wot dint no it would happen. lol

What a crap god. If I was going to believe in one - I would choose one that was omnipotent and all powerful.

Well, Fundamentalist Christians, for one!

But He had to create the different choices FIRST, BEFORE He gave man the option.
                Are you that thick, or are you just trying to rationalize your confounded, insane beliefs?

So now, even though God is suppose to have created everything, MAN comes along, and usurps God, and creates something that God is totally unaware of.

Just what kind of an incompetent fool do you serve?  You should really think about things before you go jumping head first into them.

He did create the choice, live in Paradise or not, man made the choice. I have already said God did not create evil so he obviously didn't create everything. He also did not create air conditioning. Thick indeed. Do you have anything other than useless insults?

Why not choose a God who does not hate,? Some people have mastered not hating, why can't GOD?

What Gods are there?

3. aka-dj profile image66

Because this subject was raised in another thread.

10. profile image0
      kimberlyslyricsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

hmm:

?????

2. freyahkemp profile image59
    freyahkempposted 12 years ago

That is why reading God's word every now and then must be part of our daily task. Just like eating and bathing. We do it everyday. This is important to clear things out. You may be a Christian or not.

3. profile image0
    Emile Rposted 12 years ago

Dj, I personally think christianity goes  overboard with the whole idea of sin. I think you guys project a little too much. I believe that if there is a God; sure, he's not keen on the idea of imperfection. But hate? I can't see it.

If we were perfect, hate wouldn't be in our personal vocabulary. If we were pure of heart, we would be able to see the good in all. If  we were individually without sin we would love our neighbor. If we were to truly strive to embody the attributes we give to God, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Sin is to be found within. Not without. We don't accept the fact that we are imperfect, we hide from it. We search for the problems of others so we can raise ourselves, in our own minds. We all do it. That is probably the worst sin of all.

I AGREE

Never did understand the word and actions of hate, why would God be so weak with hate

1. profile image0

I wouldn't think a god would be weak with hate. The hate is probably just the christian right projecting their  personal prejudices.

1. SparklingJewel profile image67
          SparklingJewelposted 12 years agoin reply to this

hate was probably the strongest word for translation purposes, from the original sense/feeling, the writer perceived was meant

it is not the best word to use

4. MelissaBarrett profile image59
    MelissaBarrettposted 12 years ago

Just a fine point...

Some Christians hate neither homosexuals or homosexuality.  Some of us don't believe God does either. 

And don't quote verses at me, I've read the verses, I just don't think they mean what you think they mean. 

So, Christians stop speaking for me and non believers stop assuming that you know how I feel or what the bible "tells" me to think.

(And if you are lumping "all Christians" or "all LGBT's" together, then you got me in both generalizations... so yes you are talking to me directly)

MelissaBarrett

My ego is not over powered by any or other ego thinking groups, yet many parts I can shared with all. My spiritual side would be always open to new ways of thinking, like adjusting my own mistake rather than casting sin judgment. Your prefer sex with whom ever, is your personal business, and cool enough in my books, as long as it’s with an adult

2. A Troubled Man profile image57

Shouldn't we know how the Bible tells you to think? Isn't that written in the Bible? Or, is there some other authority that tells Christians how to think?

There is only one way and only way for Christian to take authority and that is through the Father thou in Heaven.
        They roam the earth in the now, searching for their all mighty white father written in one med evil time’s book in which is an ancient spiritual belief., Mean wail, calling each other brother. Why? Because there is 2000 disagreeable version of the bible on whom their ultimate super daddy really is.

5. relache profile image71
    relacheposted 12 years ago

No, but he must work in mysterious ways considering that Recon.com is a gay men's dating site.

1. profile image0

That is kind of funny considering DJ spelled it Recon.

6. lookatmenow profile image61
    lookatmenowposted 12 years ago

LOL why are people still taking the bible words over how they as their own person feels.  It's 2011!! The bible is outdated dude. There's a LOT the bible says about what not to do, or what to do when someone who AT THE TIME would be "defying God".

NO Misbehaving Sons  (Time outs just don't work)
    Deuteronomy 21:18-21
    “If a man have a stubborn and rebellious son, which will not obey the voice of his father, or the voice of his mother, and that, when they have chastened him, will not hearken unto them: Then shall his father and his mother lay hold on him, and bring him out unto the elders of his city, and unto the gate of his place; And they shall say unto the elders of his city, This our son is stubborn and rebellious, he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton, and a drunkard. And all the men of his city shall stone him with stones, that he die: so shalt thou put evil away from among you; and all Israel shall hear, and fear.”

NO Tattoos (Miami Ink is the Devil)
    Leviticus 19:28
    "Do not cut your bodies for the dead, and do not mark your skin with tattoos. I am the Lord."

NO Disobeying Your Masters  (Especially if they are Christian)
    1 Timothy 6:1-2
    "Christians who are slaves should give their masters full respect so that the name of God and his teaching will not be shamed. If your master is a Christian, that is no excuse for being disrespectful. You should work all the harder because you are helping another believer by your efforts."

NO Pants For Women (and no dresses for men)
    Deut. 22:5
    A woman shall not wear man’s clothing, nor shall a man put on a woman’s clothing; for whoever does these things is an abomination to the LORD your God

NO Chilling with Sinners (That means everyone since everyone sins)
    1 Corinthians 5:11
    But now I am writing to you that you must not associate with anyone who claims to be a brother or sister, but is sexually immoral or greedy, an idolater or slanderer, a drunkard or swindler. Do not even eat with such people.

NO Magic or Sorcery (Sorry Harry Potter)
    So do not listen to your prophets, your diviners, your interpreters of dreams, your mediums or your sorcerers who tell you, 'You will not serve the king of Babylon.'

And there is a LOTTTT more where that come from....
    OH and there are TONS of verse that describe the equality of women at the time. 

"Let the women learn in silence with all subjection. But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence."
    I Timothy 2:11-12

"And Jehovah God went on to say: “It is not good for the man to continue by himself. I am going to make a helper for him, as a complement of him"
    Genesis 2:18

"Women should be silent in the churches, for they are not permitted to speak, but should be submissive, as the law also says."
    1 Corinthians 14:34

Also, random fact, many people quote the bible on Abortion.  They say the bible is against abortion when the bible has a plethora of verses describing the killing of children.  More so and literal then that few interpretations given to go against abortion.

And the bibles favorite way to brutally murder someone is to stone them.  There are so many reasons why a person should be stoned in the bible.  I can't even imagine what that would feel like, it's just horrible.  I don't even think I've seen that in a movie.

I know in the bible "we are all sinners" and if we "sin" in anyway, we can still be forgiven and all is good, but we just can't sin again...but homosexuality isn't a behavior a person can just shrug off. It's the way someone was born and if homosexuality is a sin, then gay people were born to sin.  Having homosexual feelings is NOT something everyone has or something they can develop (maybe they can remember feelings they suppressed long ago and some people may see this as a person "becoming gay" if it was never suspected) ,because everyone is not homosexual.  You can only be born with homosexual feelings.  So why would God make a certain percentage of the population have sinful feelings they were born with that they cannot get rid of. Why are they born with this undying, constantly driving potential to commit homosexual acts?  Because being gay is natural.

How do I know?  Because I am homosexual and trust me I did NOT want to be, but now I'm so glad that I live during a time when it is a lot easier to come out. SO to tell a person to stop sinning (committing homosexual sexual acts) is OUT (no pun intended) of the question and totally like saying to a person to stop being the race they are.  Then try to dye there skin, eyes and hair color and to be the superior, normal race.  Sound familiar? Though I doubt it will reach that level with homosexuals over half a century later.

If those Christian are right

Then Satan's hell will be way over runned with sinners. Then hell will be tured into a hot night club filled with friends, family and the so many great people in history.

Stoning's not the only way... If you slept with an in-law both of you were burned. I assume they were burned alive, since levites weren't supposed to be around dead people. (lev 20.14)

7. Daniel Carter profile image63
    Daniel Carterposted 12 years ago

Then there's the thought that God doesn't exist, and so the whole subject is just moot.
    Then any description as given here, about hating gays or their behavior is called bigotry, based on superstition.

Which makes more sense to me than anything else.

Bigotry based on ignorance and superstition is pretty rampant in this world.

P.S. If God does exist and this God is actually as stupid humans describe him, He is also the worst bigot.
    Just so ya know.

8. theirishobserver. profile image60
    theirishobserver.posted 12 years ago

According to some, Jesuz was Gay, Jesuz was God, so No, He Loved Gay smile

9. AEvans profile image70
    AEvansposted 12 years ago

Why does everyone argue this? God created all of us in his own image, for those of us who believe. God doesn't hate anyone so why are we discussing what people do and how someone lives?

Sometimes these threads just drive me nuts! Who cares if someone is homosexual or heterosexual. Man has been given "Free Will" so we are the ones who pass judgement on others, not God.

As for God "loving the man, and hating the sin." God hates all sins should I provide a list? All of us have fallen short of the glory of God. None of us who call ourselves Christians should be pointing fingers at anyone, we should be working on ourselves. sad

***Right now I am sinning because I am venting, when I should love my neighbor as myself. It is a Catch .22 smile

It is okay to be angry and vent. Did jesus not clear a temple? Being angry and acting accordingly is not a sin. Being angry and acting innapropritaely is. I believe Paul stated in Romans 'In your anger do not sin.'

Despite the fact that I'm agnostic, I grew up in a mormon household, and went to Bible college so that's why I'm versed in these things.

10. Daniel Carter profile image63
    Daniel Carterposted 12 years ago

Once you have a close family member who is gay, lesbian, bisexual or transgender, you start to rethink your position about God and his hate, as you watch them suffer, knowing they are hated, often believing they should commit suicide.

Is this what all you religious types really want? You want to see your "sinful" family members suffer like this? If so, you really are heartless, twisted, sick people. I can't possibly see how God would love you, either.

1. skye2day profile image68
      skye2dayposted 12 years agoin reply to this

God did not cause the suffering. The enemy of our souls comes to steal kill destroy. The consequences of sin is suffering. (I am not judging your family just thought to toss that truth in) God loves man our free will to choose to not follow Him or deny Him are our consequences. I have had plenty and I hope to have less and less. God can turn ALL things for the good for those that LOVE HIM. We all fall short the Glory, Jesus came so we could have life and more Abundant Life. Christianity is a personal relationship with Jesus Christ by the way. Religion it is NOT. It is a body of Believers in Jesus Christ. We have no main headquarters. We are the Body of Christ. FYI thank you. God loves you and your family. The enemy deceives and lies He is Dark. God is the LIGHT of the WORLD.

1. Daniel Carter profile image63
        Daniel Carterposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Still, you miss my point.

11. skye2day profile image68
    skye2dayposted 12 years ago

lookatmenow You need to read your Bible AGAIN. Prophecy bro it is happening in our MIDST. Most of prophecy has come to pass. You have misinterpreted the Living Word. The Bible is the only truth. The World has devised their OWN MAN made truths. Sorry to burst you bubble. Come on out now and read the Bible again. It is alive and has never changed it is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow. God does not change. The Bible inspired by GOD the Creator, KING OF KINGS who sent HIS only son for the sins of the WORLD so we could be made righteous in HIS eyes and forgiven. That is truth. Jesus is going to return.

There will be hell to pay when Jesus see's many people wearing crosses around their necks.

For each broadcast of this second coming promoted, I bet, that most members sign up, due to the fear of going to hell. I would use that kind of fear for my business too if I had very little conscious and was not one bit all loving

2. lookatmenow profile image61
      lookatmenowposted 12 years agoin reply to this

skye2day LOL just LOL smile

12. Greek One profile image63
    Greek Oneposted 12 years ago

I think homosexuality is a sin.. while hetersexual sodomy is just.. you know.. a way to pass time on a Saturday night when nothing else is on TV

With so many gays on TV, you are enjoying both world's anyways.

1. Greek One profile image63
        Greek Oneposted 12 years agoin reply to this

they don't allow gays on TV

Oh I forgot about your blind faith code, just cover your eyes from what you don't want to see.
          Many of those gay guys can really do a great job kissing those women on screen, yeah! I know, I did some work on some films.

1. Greek One profile image63
            Greek Oneposted 12 years agoin reply to this

did you kiss these gay fellows?

If you can manage the first kiss with a guy, the rest is not so bad, so I hear.

No, I just do FX stuff, and not even good enough to act out a great kissing part on stage , Not Even with a woman  It must be this spiritual thing inside or I can’t get my whole neck and back into it .

I was asked to design two silicon singing ass holes for a gay film, but even refuse that, for that was too gross to even think about.

13. aka-dj profile image66

Romas 6:23
    The payment for sin is death, but the gift that God freely gives
    is everlasting life found in Christ Jesus our Lord.

God "hates" sin because sin will kill you (and me . . all of us).

He is about LIFE, not death.
    You want to be dominated, controlled and defined by sin, you will follow the path to death.

He has made a way out, or a way OFF the path through Jesus Christ.
    Whenever you come to that "fork in the road", YOU are the one to choose which path to follow.

Choose sin = death
    Choose Jesus = LIFE. (Capitals, not because I'm shouting, but because it's not just this Earthly life, bet everlasting life)

14. kmackey32 profile image63
    kmackey32posted 12 years ago

pssss...  ...excuse me... I dont get it... lol

It is really easy - a bunch of self proclaimed god speakers are homophobic and anti divorce and try to impose their infantile stone age views on normal people - with threats that their imaginary god hates you for committing acts that aforesaid homophobes disagree with.

Of course fear of homosexuality is just self doubt about one's own sexuality, and anti-divorce just an extension of male domination over their unfortunate women folk, those same women whose duty it is to have sex with aforesaid homophobes who are in doubt as to their own sexuality.

Simple huh ?   but THEY still wown't get it and will still continue posting these disgusting threads promoting their own disgusting views and claiming they are the mouth of god.

1. kmackey32 profile image63
        kmackey32posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Baaahaaahahahaha NOW I GET IT.......Thanks recommend....lol

2. earnestshub profile image80
        earnestshubposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You nailed it! smile

3. aka-dj profile image66

YEAH, RIGHT. lol

2. aka-dj profile image66

That's OK, you are a blonde! lol

SORRY!!!, it was just an opportunity too good miss.

15. profile image51
    robertm12posted 12 years ago

How can you ask if God hates gays? Does he hate the mentally challenged? Gays are born gay and it has nothing to do with choice. Who could choose that? You can't force yourself to. It is disgusting to heterosexuals because it isn't natural but no one is going to hell over it. If they do, I hope no one has coveted a woman other than their wife. Or had sex before marriage. The bible says sin has no ranking. A little white lie is equal to murder in the eyes of God.

The first mistake is believing the lie they are born gay.
      That's the only "strong" argument gays have, but it's never been substantiated, medically, or scientifically.
      Sorry to inform you, there is NO gay gene in our DNA.

There is no bigot gene either - but that does not seem to stop you drivelling homophobic poison onto these threads.

If only your god really existed so that he could see the evil you spout in his name.

Where's my bigotry?

Did you even read my OP?

Oh, wait, you don't comprehend English too well. sad

1. profile image0

DJ, don't take offense; but the comment Recommendone replied to, and your OP, are perfect examples of bigotry in action. I realize it is impossible for the evangelical Christian mind to comprehend that; but, to the rest of us, it is painfully obvious.

I don't take offence easily.

But I fail to see how I am  a bigot, when I make the bold claim that God does not hate gays.
              Am I missing something here?

Furthermore, what's bigoted about hating sin?

I know it's off topic, but my statement could just as easily apply to rape vs the rapist. Murder vs the murderer.
              Drunkenness vs the drunk.

????? What's the deal? Please explain!!! cool

1. profile image0

It is called Christianaphobia.  The fear of Christians.

Just kidding you know.  wink

lol lol lol

2. lookatmenow profile image61

Aka, you don't understand because your head is in the clouds...God doesn't hate homosexuality because it's not a SIN....Everytime it's bring up that the bible basically says EVERYTHING is a sin and that Christians are picking and choosing what to believe, they ALWAYS try and go around it with quotes ...from the bible and NOTHING else

And the whole hating sin, and not the sinners makes NO sense....Why does God even hate in the first place, I thought was the devils job...I thought it was a God that loves unconditionally, not a God who gets vengeful, insecure and jealous like a human.

According to you...a person who has murdered many people can easily receive forgiveness and be welcomed to the kingdom of God...while a man who has lived a homosexual lifestyle and has done many great thing will be punished for all eternity in Hell if they do not ask for forgiveness from God.  Also since all sin is equal, no matter who commits it, all women will be going to hell for wearing pants., unless they ask for forgiveness that is....

lookatmenow

I agree with much of that

I may never understand why this super God hates most of thewsthings he creative and hates sin it’s self. After all the false promises and exaggerated statements from the so called be all and end spiritual leaders claims. Then they  threaten all the non repenting people who make up most the population of the world or either love this kind of GOD OR be tortured for ever with a glaze crazed numbing feeling behind it,. Then make up the worst concept ever in human history HELL that threaten anyone not like them

It sound more like the USA Military Complex than any all loving GOD from anything I  can imagine

1. lookatmenow profile image61

Just like a lot of other religions, Christianity has been morphed and and built on shaky foundations just to suit the needs of what a handful people think the  world should be like, but those needs, no matter how thought out they are, will never be the best for everyone...We are all here with diverse, creative minds, born into different life situations so we can explore the infinite possibilities life gives us.  Living a life according to a book made thousands of years ago hinders that creativity and makes everyone conform (aka easy to control)...I'm not saying down with religion, or that it should be ignored, but it shouldn't be taken so seriously.

He does hate the mentally challenged and disabled. They weren't allowed to give offerings in the temple!

16. kmackey32 profile image63
    kmackey32posted 12 years ago

This thread is Gay...juuuus saaayn....lol

That's using the word in it's original context!

Guess who hijacked it? hmm

17. seowriterforlaw profile image57
    seowriterforlawposted 12 years ago

Actually, people have choices. They know that homosexuality  is sin. But why is it that they still tolerate it?

1. candice22 profile image61
      candice22posted 12 years agoin reply to this

God never planted "hate" within us...So why should we hate gays?

18. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 12 years ago

Just when I thought we had heard from all the homophobes on hubpages too. smile

19. nu-flowerchild profile image61
    nu-flowerchildposted 12 years ago

I am laughing at this entire forum post.
    Wow.
    Funny.

Seriously. It's hilarious.

You are right.
      It seriously is.

It seems many have given up contributing as a result.

2. profile image0
      writerwoman222posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Its a reminder of all the confusion,delusion & intolerance of different beliefs that creates religious turmoil which is of mass destruction in this world...

Most personal opinions without a religious belief create more turmoil and confusion than any church or faith in God.

20. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 12 years ago

...doubt if god would use the word 'hate'....such a terrible and sometimes deeply rooted black emotion....consumes your heart and soul bit by bit...

....oh ya, "cheers" to this thread.....

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/5461832_f248.jpg

Well, you need to read the Book.
      The word "hate" appears 177 times.

Thanks for you gesture!

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
        SomewayOuttaHereposted 12 years agoin reply to this

yor welcome....i didn't refer to any book....

The Bible is too violent and contradicting for my vas curiosity towards unlimited thinking.

I guess my job as an all loving cosmic sand gypsies its try to cool down Christian SATAN's war jets and heat up atheist lame imagination for the ones who get too extreme about it.

21. schoolgirlforreal profile image80
    schoolgirlforrealposted 12 years ago

I get your point

22. potier profile image65
    potierposted 12 years ago

God is a God of Love

23. kgresham profile image59
    kgreshamposted 12 years ago

You are influenced by anything and everything. I agree. God hates the sin not the sinner - all he wants is the sinner's repentance and correction.

Do you tell that to friends of yours who are in their second (or third) marriage?

24. Maralexa profile image84
    Maralexaposted 12 years ago

Something tells me not to get involved with this......

God does love homosexuals and yes he does NOT love homosexuality.  HOWEVER, if you do not love and revere God he can not accept you just because he loves you.  If you continue in your sinful ways despite the fact you know God does NOT love your behaviour, even though he does love you, it is like thumbing your nose at God.  Are you still behaving like a homosexual?

Curious of one thing...At what point does a parent stop loving and/or accepting their children?

I hate homophobia, it is a disgusting display of self ignorance.
      In claiming to know god and asking the question you display your own self hate and loathing, nobody else's.

I am heterosexual as are many here defending against biblical homophobia.

Sinless? Or thumbing your nose at your own god?

It must be wonderful to consider yourself so above others that you can tell them how to live.

wishes I could *like* and +1 your post Earnesthub

1. earnestshub profile image80

Thank you! smile
          It's a bit like herding cats on here, it is near impossible to drag a religionist into the real world. smile

Don't I know that... Yet i still keep coming to these forums. I'm pretty bad for "feeding the trolls," but I just don't have it in my heart to let them starve.

3. profile image0

I have to ask. You said   If you continue in your sinful ways despite the fact you know God does NOT love your behaviour, even though he does love you, it is like thumbing your nose at God.

Are you without sin? If not, do you consider yourself to be thumbing your nose? I thought we were all sinful, by nature. Are we not all thumbing our noses in your mind?

25. recommend1 profile image60
    recommend1posted 12 years ago

Why do we have to constantly defend a minority of humanity from constant abuse and hate speeches ?

In Hubpages TOS hate speeches are forbidden.

"God hates gay"   is no different from    "god hates blacks"

It is simply unwarranted, unholy and unwanted.   

It is time HP had some guts and put a stop to these constant poisonous threads that qualify as homophobic hate speeches in every way.

You twisted the OP.

It says "God does NOT hate gays".

What's you beef with this? Have I concluded correctly that your English comprehension is weak?

That's true. G-d does not hate something he created.

Which begs the question: why do so many Christians hate gay people?

With no real-world victim, the only supposition is that homosexuality somehow infuriates G-d, and that this is backed by Scripture.

But which is more likely to be correct: G-d hates something he created and is natural among a small percentage of people he created that way, or that lots of Christians have misinterpreted a Bible that has been edited, redacted, and translated countless times?

You might not come around, but chances are your children, or your grandchildren might.

1. profile image0

First of all, God created mankind, but He simply created man, He didn't create them "gay".
          Secondly, there's been no evidence here on Hubpages (nor, from what I've seen, in the "real world") that "so many Christians hate gay people".   You try to make it sound like most Christians hate people.  Instead of providing proof that Christians "hate" (although apparently you would like to see that), your reaction and some others' reactions to this thread is evidence of the prevailing likelihood that Christians cannot post a thread on this topic without YOU and several others accusing and dredging up the liberal-created term "homophobia", thereby imposing your own "hatred?" (looks like) onto anyone who opposes your agenda.

Brenda,

Just like he created some of us with brown eyes, and some of us with red hair, he created some of us gay. I know you try to resist this over and over again, but scientists are pretty much unanimous on this. They might not have discovered the biological mechanism yet, but that does not mean homosexuality is not inborn and that it is not a natural condition for a small minority of people (and over 1500 observed species).

There is indeed a lot of evidence in the real world and on HubPages of "so many Christians hating gay people." I did not say "most" so please don't put words in my mouth.

Homophobia is indeed a word, and it means the hatred or fear of homosexuals. You toss around a lot of words like agenda, liberal, heterophobia, without any concrete understanding of what they mean.

All I can say is that I hope you truly find Christ one day and internalize his message, since you clearly have not yet.

1. profile image0

Webster's New World College Dictionary copyright 2002:

"homophobia"----irrational hatred or fear of homosexuals or homosexuality.

"irrational"----lacking the power to reason.

There is nothing irrational about questioning or opposing or being fearful of or hating the act(s) of homosexuality.

I hope you find Christ, Brenda.

1. profile image0

He already found me.  Long ago.
                  I hope you find what He offered me and I accepted---forgiveness leading to salvation.

Yes, I know that's what you keep telling yourself.

Brenda: I would love to hear you rationalise a fear of homosexuality. I'll go grab my Popcorn, this should be entertaining.

@Brenda
            I agree with you,they point a finger at everyone but themselves,but guilt is written all over them. They think no one should reject what they believe,but reject what everyone else believe. So I guest only they are the only ones that can say what they believe in this world.

2. recommend1 profile image60

My English comprehension is as sound as it is likely to be in an English teacher with an English degree.

You can try to hide your hate speeches with as much word contortions as you like, they are still hate speeches.

I am getting tired of defending my friends and the everyday normal people on this site who are gay from hate speeches in any disguise.  Why don't you do the decent thing and keep your sick homophobia to yourself.  If your sexuality is so threatened by these things then that is your own weakness, it is not necessary to bolster it by insulting the good people here.

You clearly have no reasoning ability (comprehension) or your book would have told you by now that your god welcomes all people, loves unconditionally and asks only that people love him and their neighbour.  I guess that means that you are going to hell ?

1. profile image0

Read the first post, please, as requested before. 
          And stop accusing the original poster of hate speech when he is CLEARLY being fair and trying to correct the falsehoods presented in other threads.

Just the fact that you are here commenting in this disgraceful hate thread says more than I ever could.

1. profile image0

I doubt that.
              You sure got off to a strong start with your previous tirade.  I'm inclined to think you could say a lot more mean things.

@recommend
              One cannot love evil and corruption and call it good. Do you love violence? Do you love it when your spouse cheat on you?  Hate is common, it is only a matter of rejection of what is against you. You hate me because i speak against falsehood and world corruption.  God speak against it,and I speak for Him.

It seems your sexuality is threatened, not mine.
          I don't hate gays, and I'm certainly NOT fearful of them (homophobic).

By and large, most all the gays I've met, or know, are lovely caring people.
          That's beside the point. We are not discussing my sexuality, yours or theirs.

The op was answering a common misnomer, that God hates gays. It is as a result of another thread that I posted my OP to, and decided to start a separate one.

One thing that we do have in common, is that I address the Christians who think God hates gays, and am trying to correct that also. It is a wrong understanding, irrespective of you religious beliefs.

God created Adam and Eve,I know of no other sex that represent humankind. One can make-believe,apart from reality ,but don't call it a fact seeing that there is only male and female in this world. Are you saying that you are a different species?

You stated quite clearly - "He hates "homsexuality", NOT homosexuals."

This is the slimey work-around to condemn homosexuals.

This is propogating homophobic hate by trying to give it a 'christian' excuse.

The presence in this thread of the normal group of homophobes, moralising bigots and 'praise the lord' mindless sycophants is supporting evidence.

You can all put it any way you want but you cannot hide the fact that you are going against the direct and expressed teachings of your own christ figure.  YOU are not the voice of your god you are the exact opposite voice.

You cannot have your cake and eat it too. Christ said,he that is not with me is against me. I up hold that conclusion.

No one have to be as they are,when they have a choice to be other wise. Self-made religions is the main cause of confusion in this world.And the world of gay people are no different.

I always make my cake and eat it too,

poor jack

3. Woman Of Courage profile image61
        Woman Of Courageposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It truly amazes me how one can twist the topic of this thread. Wow!

You are right,so stop trying to mix oil with water.You ought to know by now,it cannot be done.

26. Maralexa profile image84
    Maralexaposted 12 years ago

Hi Emile, what I was saying was: If you (no, I will say "I")  If I continue to sin by hating my neighbour, even after I have told God that I am sincerely sorry for this, then, yes, I am in effect 'thumbing my nose at God'.    There are also many things I do and have done that I have not yet recognized as being sin.  When these sins are pointed out to me I have an opportunity to ask for the forgiveness that God promises he will give me. 

God has  already forgiven me of my sins past, present and furture.  That's what Jesus did for me on the cross.  I still sin because I am human although I have a new spirit.  As Paul says in Romans, we still do things we know we should not do, and still do not do things we know we should.  It's part of being human.

The fact that Jesus died to save me from the punishment of my sins.  All I have to do is 'repent' (recognize what I have done wrong) and know that God has already forgiven me.  I know this because I declared I believe that Jesus is God's son and that he died to save me from the punishment of my sins.   If after all this I continue to sin in the same old ways knowing I am going to sin before I actually do, that is 'thumbing my nose at God'.  Being saved is not a free ride -- it requires some thought and action on my part.

Being a Christian means I follow the New Testament, what Jesus says.  Do you know that he reduced the 10 commandments to 2.  Jesus said "the first and greatest commandment is to love God with all your heart and with all your mind and with all your strength."  and the second is like unto it, love your neighbour as you would yourself."  That's it.

And yes, the bible was written by people. Both old and new testaments.  And the men who wrote the gospels were only human and they differeed in their writing styles.  No one actually is trying to control with rules, rather they are telling their stories and giving their advice based on their own experiences with God or with Jesus.  It all comes down to actually reading at least the first 4 gospels and deciding for yourself.  If you haven't read the bible (preferably in the newer versions) it is hard to debate its content or its meaning.

I've gone on too long....

If you love everything in this world,and hate nothing,then you are not human.

Apostle Jack

bs

Don;t get mad at me because you only have 2 letters to describe yourself. That is your problem.

I only pointed out that your statement is bs, you jump to my whole being is bs
            My meaning of bs – is -a person who does not even care that you lie on the topic
            You said I am Mad- which means mentally disturbed; deranged; insane; I don’t even get angry and my Doctor told me I am totally healthy

It must be fun jumping in and out of heaven and hell at will all the time. I prefer my life more balance

I take it as it comes.......and call it like I see it. Cursing show a lack of intelligence and lack of expression in communication. It tells a story,whether you know it or not.

I would have to believe in the super nature to curse someone.
                I already have millions of fans that think I can express myself very well as an artist

And I would not dare to make exaggerated claims of ultimate intelligence as your extremely picky God dose. Where most Christian would claim that your God would throw most of us in hell

Most of the world will not be saved, only a certain amount.You could,or could not be one of those. Your life is not over yet,so who can tell. But there have to be a change for every one that will be.

You mean, I can master afterlife wail watching my love ones being tortured forever from the popcorn clouds.

You are much too, unkind

2. profile image0

Yes, I am aware of the fact that all commandments are said to be fulfilled if you follow the two. I am also aware of the fact that fundamental Christianity ignores the second at every turn, which means they are 'thumbing their nose' at the first of the two. Your own posts on this thread showcase this fact.

Cheerily posting condemnation of others may feel as if it is love enacted, but the cheerily part is quickly lost in the translation. The meat of the post is not lost, even to the casual observer.

Want to know something interesting Emile?

The words: "Love your God with all your heart, all your soul and all your strength." Is not part of the commandments that is accepted as the "Ten Commandments" This comment can be found in Deuteronomy 6:5.
        And neither is: "Love your neighbor as yourself". That is found in Leviticus 19:18

The commandments that everyone claims is the Ten Commandment can be found in Exodus 20: 1-17

The only place in the bible that actually says the words "And he wrote on the tablets the words of the covenant—the Ten Commandments." Is found in Exodus 34:28. With the Ten Commandments being Exodus 34:10-28

1. profile image0

To be honest, I always thought 'Love your neighbor as yourself' was first introduced in the New Testament. I thought it was succinctly wrapping 5-10 in a neat little package.

I learned something new. Thanks. smile

Anytime. Learning is fun. Even if one has to pull teeth sometimes to find the information one is in search for. smile

27. Vinaya Ghimire profile image78
    Vinaya Ghimireposted 12 years ago

If we believe in God, and the world he created, we must also imbibe that like the straight man and woman, god also created gays. Why would he hate his own creation.

28. Momma Mia profile image63
    Momma Miaposted 12 years ago

Ok Jack    The true , the all knowing...   hmmm  the words you shall awake with...   If one follows in   Gods likeness ...one would only see... true concepts of unconditional love, forgiving self as to forgive and for go transgressions.   To be... and to not be ...stereotypical, judgemental,  fearful, (as to adhere to human nature)  and to try at best to overcome the before mentioned. To love self-lessly,  To love and aceept with abundance (self and others)   To render all ties to monetary pleasures and lustful ways.. To  know God on a personal level and let not temptation seep in.     Last but most certain not least ... allow God to do the jugement and each soul have rendition to God our father and not a peep ....   including but not excluding myself.  I do try hard to not judge..some peeps make it difficult.

29. seamist profile image60
    seamistposted 12 years ago

Does God hate gays? From a Christian perspective, I don't think God "hates" anyone. Before Christ died, it is well-known that God didn't like alot of mankind's actions. Otherwise, the flood and the destruction of Sodom and Gommorah would've never happened. However, once Christ died, he took all mankind's sins upon him. Because of this, God now looks at us through Christ if you're a believer. Even if you're not a believer, I still don't think he hates anyone. Although our actions may upset him, and he will punish us for our sins if don't believe Christ died on the cross to forgive our sins, it says in the bible, he doesn't want any of his children to perish. Now, I realize this is from a Christian perspective only, and many people feel differently.

30. makusr profile image59
    makusrposted 12 years ago

HATE THE SIN NOT THE SINNER

THE BEST WAY TO END A SIN ( IF AT ALL ) IS NOT TO COMMIT IT OURSELVES. ONE SINNER WILL BE LESS.

That sounds fine, except for one thing.

Man can't NOT sin.

If he could, Jesus would not have had to die for our sin.
      We could have made it on lur own. cool

I have gotten rid of hate, jealously, guilt, angry and replace sin with adjusting my mistakes as I go through life

Why is your GOD not strong enough to do so, then you Christian claim your GOD is all loving,

Is your GOD really all loving and if your GOD can't even get of these negative things DONE for himself. How in the world will you get rid of these negative vices.

It is a waste of time arguing with the low level kristian bigots in this thread, they are so convinced that their own bigotry is correct they are twisting their god's words to support their ungodlike position.

They are sinning by reviling sections of innocent humanity - as are the supporting cast of 'praise the lord' zombies who have no idea what the discussion is about but think they are on the side of their christ.

I would stop feeding this disgusting thread if I were you.

They are people too,

Some on them can evolve out of this med evil Zombie land and get rid of their many ancient regrets and report Jesus to amnesty international

I will not throw out the baby totally with the dirty bathwater because some people need some guild lines to be Christ like, religion are going to shrink anyways in time for the better of the whole

Man can't sin if he doesn't believe in sin. If YOU believe you are sinful, then you will be sinful. Your beliefs only apply to yourself, no one else.

Spoken like a god, because everyone is god, well, GOD is just a another word anyways.

The proof of this negative sin energy is like telling everybody the law is to not think about blue’
          What happens? Most everyone thinks about blue.

For Example USA is 85% Christian in which creates more laws than anyone and they are more like Sodom and Gomorrah than anyone

Yep!
          Just like gravity. It only applies to those who believe in it!

Or maybe, just like death. It only applies to those who believe in it.

1. A Troubled Man profile image57

Sorry, but unlike gravity and death, sin is not part of reality and is just a belief. And again, those beliefs only apply to you.

Of course it applies to me.

You are obviously PERFECTION personified.

I'll have to be just like you, and I will then be sin-less!

Enjoy your delusion. smile

What about you own belief.What category do you put that in? What make your's a perfect solution?

Who said anything about perfection? One can be flawed and not be sinful or believe in sin. Your religious beliefs only apply to you.

3. Castlepaloma profile image75

aka-dj
                I'll have to be just like you, and I will then be sin-less!
                Enjoy your delusion

Wouldn’t that be a nightmare, joining a club where everyone is just like me, Kind of like trying to get everyone to be Christ like. Is that what Jesus was trying to get everyone else to do?  To get everyone to be like him, (how white of him)

If I can enjoy life better being hateless and being well adjusted from sin, You are welcome too, to my delusion if all that hate and luggage of sin does not work out for you...

What ever you choose to do, sing ….I DID IT MY WAY!!!!

aka-dj
            He hates "homosexuality", NOT homosexuals.
            But then He hates ALL sin, and He LOVES ALL "sinners".

Just cast away all words related to hate and sin and live healthily ever after. You will be taking a huge step towards live and let live. If you must, cherry pick your way around the bible to fit that in.

If  your lord burns me in hell for not worshiping him, then he tells me he is burning me forever  because he loves me, I say bs! your not the real GOD.

No, I don't have to cherry pick.

The Gospel is pretty plain to understand.
              It was "designed" so that the simplest of minds can  "get it".

The death of Jesus Christ was to deal with SIN, which separates mankind from God.
              If you choose to ignore, or thumb your nose at His sacrifice, then it's not His love you will be dealing with, but rather His Judgment.

And if you end up in "hellfire", it will be your choice.

Still threatening in the name of an Invisible Super Being, dj?

If the Gospels are plain - why is there 40,000 different denominations of religious zealots fighting with each other over wot god sed? lol

Little wonder your religion causes so many conflicts - is it?

What make your own belief the perfect solution? Mr Guy

What belief is that? And a solution to what? What is your problem that needs solving?

Thanks for insulting people who are smarter than your God, but that's why your beliefs are so offensive in the first place.

3. A Troubled Man profile image57

Seems more like its "designed" for simple minds to believe. Few if any Christians actually "get it".

Those who are not of a simple mind will "get it" but will reject it.

31. rebekahELLE profile image86
    rebekahELLEposted 12 years ago

another ridiculous thread - no one is going to say anything differently than all the other threads about this topic. ad nauseam

recon is spelled wrong, or do you recon God hates rednecks who hate gays? 

where does it end??

32. jimmythejock profile image83
    jimmythejockposted 12 years ago

John 3:16 The Holy Bible
    "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life."

simple where in that quote does it say except gays?

Why keep persecuting people because they are different from yourself, live your own life the best that you can and let everyone else worry about the way they live theirs.....jimmy

I totally agree with you, but have you noticed the persecution goes both ways?

33. SparklingJewel profile image67
    SparklingJewelposted 12 years ago

...sometimes persecution is in the eye of the beholder, not the person he is accusing of being persecuting...the beholder may actually be doing the very thing he is accusing another of doing hmm

the lesson is what is important; we all have lessons to learn in every situation

34. Juskat profile image61
    Juskatposted 12 years ago

God hates the sin but not the sinner.  ALL sin is sin, but we have the option to choose life or death.  The Heavenly Father is waiting for us ALL to surrender our lives to HIM.

OK OK OK i HAVE HAD with this very sinful earth. When this next train to journey with Jesus leaving to my mansion in the sky

C                  G   
      No more grieving crying, weeping and sorrow by being in the sky, it

will end my pain with Christian and atheist fighting here

This mantra is a mealy mouthed cheap trick to allow christians to practice their bigotry and avoid the rule of loving your neighbour.  It belongs in the same category as god being on your side in your war on Islam.

When will so-called christians man up and drop their vicious and bigoted attacks on the gay members of society.  If you cannot see that you are simply expressing your own lack of confidence in your 'word', your sexuality and your place in life - then at least just shut up because you are making yourselves look more stupid every post.

1. profile image0

Wow that's at least the second time that a liberal has been emboldened to tell someone who posts conservative ideals to shut up around here.   I thought that was against the rules of HubPages.  I do know it's against the rules of common civility when spoken in the context you've used, and that another Hubber used...

Wow - yet another threat from yet another so-called christian !

1. profile image0

I simply expect people to be civil in a conversation.  I don't think that's asking too much.  Is it impossible for liberals to carry on a civil conversation or not?

How is it possible to be truly civil when discussing christian homophobia and intolerance - and naive 'praise the lorders' are regurgitating such mealy mouthed work-arounds that allow and encourage so-called christians in their bigoted bullying of whole sections of humanity.

1. mega1 profile image78
                mega1posted 12 years agoin reply to this

well, panda, the problem is whenever I see people like you getting involved in these christian babbelist religionist threads I just have to wonder - do you really believe you will get some reasonable discussion from people who have to believe the way they do and say the things they do and try to justify it by words that were (or weren't, who really knows?) written thousands of years ago for a society that was entirely different.  How can people who believe this was the only word of god and should be followed and obeyed be reasonable?  You're asking the impossible.  Better, I think, to let them alone and let them realize or not someday how ignorant the whole premise of "bible study" really is.  You're making yourself sound unreasonable by asking them to use reason (its not possible, ain't gonna happen, they really think they are reasonable now!)

good luck, my friend - don't want to see you get banned again for this, its not worth it!

I would agree with you in normal circumstances but there are two issues .

One - this thread is about christians trying to justify their unchristian-like bigotry and bullying of gay people and I refuse to coward down and let them pour their poison without challenge.

Two - I am in China where religious proselytising is banned, for any religion.  Practice of religion is 'allowed' but not proselytising.  There is a constant stream of brain-dead bible pushers starting bible classes and getting closed down and chased off - invariably teaching that the earth is flat and everyone who does not believe their bu!!@hit will go to hell.

1. mega1 profile image78
                    mega1posted 12 years agoin reply to this

I like very much the idea of banning proselytizing - and I have always been thoroughly disgusted by missionaries of any kind.  I know that these religion threads that are posted here are very meager attempts to sell us that their religionist thinking is the only "American" right way or whatever. They use some current topic, like gayness, as a starting point, and quickly stear into the hallelujahs!  And when you see the word hate, it is calculated to get you stirred up.  So, all I'm saying is that joining their discussion in any way is a waste of time, imop, and we would be better just to continue on our other threads, spreading silliness and joy and peaceful madness, the way we do!  I really believe that giving them any credibility by asking for them to have a reasonable discussion is not going to get any result except more babble quoting -so annoying to see these threads (one day about 80% of the thread titles were about religion, mainly fundamentalist types) here and I, for one, really wish HubPages didn't have a "religion" forum topic, because some people are wired to see that and think, aha!  time to do some missionary work!  sigh.

2. Repairguy47 profile image60

Its very easy to be civil when you are a secure individual who isn't threatened by different ideas. When one is insecure they feel powerless and impotent, it also doesn't help when they are in fact powerless and impotent.

35. profile image51

When looking at what god did to sodom and gomorrah, i would have to assume that yes, he hates them.

Actually, it would be more reasonable to assume that there was no such event and no such trivial psychotic god.

1. profile image51
        robertm12posted 12 years agoin reply to this

I was answering the question based on if god hated them. Not if he was real.

36. earnestshub profile image80

If there was a god worthy of being a god it would certainly not condone homophobia!

37. earnestshub profile image80

Why in all hell would anyone be civil to some Neanderthal preaching homophobia in 2011 would be a good question to ask.

Why not?

Because it is a phobic attack on a minority that has been abused by the moral police of religion to the point of infamy perhaps?

So that means you can't be civil? What do you do to these terrible people? I mean you specifically?

Could I have clarity with that?

Sure, if you were walking down the street and saw one of these neanderthals treating a homosexual badly what would you do?

I am not walking down the street to see homosexuals being abused - it is happening right here in this thread - my response is as you have seen if you read back through this objectionable thread with its bigoted homophobia and mealy mouthed christians justifying their hate.

So basically your answer is you wouldn't do anything. I'm not sure if you noticed or not but the thread goes on and on in spite of your anger.

You mistake my defence of an abused minority as anger ?

That would depend on what "treating badly" meant. No need to be gay to get my help if you mean someone bashing someone else.

Badly could be calling them names to beating them. What would you do in either case?

That would depend on many factors, but whatever it was would be based on logic and reasoning, not hysterical hate. smile

38. RKHenry profile image64
    RKHenryposted 12 years ago

I don't believe in god.  However I do believe he is a manifestation of other peoples desires.  So yes, as long as there are people who hate, god will hate gays.

39. profile image51

I asked god how he felt about gays in one of my daily talks with him. He told me as long as they keep the money rolling in, they are free to do as they please. So there you go.  He must not hate them. But he does hate tight wads who don't give good offerings.

40. RKHenry profile image64
    RKHenryposted 12 years ago

I want to know why Christians hate gays.

I don't hate homosexuals.

2. profile image51

Because it is an abomination and the bible says to hate them all.

Yes it does seem to be what the bible said. smile

2. RKHenry profile image64
        RKHenryposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for stating the obvious.  What I find so darn funny these days is how some Christians want to ride both sides of the fence on this issue, after they have for years promoted racial hate crimes on innocent people.  Gross justification then is deem godly and biblical.  What a joke.

1. profile image51

I agree. The bible can be used to back up any evil thing you want to do. The klan had biblical support, Hitler had it, white slave owners had it, war mongers have it, and the list goes on and on. Pick your evil and it can be supported in the bible.

1. RKHenry profile image64
            RKHenryposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Can I get an Amen in here tonight?  Praise Jesus.

My lottery ticket application for a mansion in the sky has been rejected base on, I support gay married. Clergymen who had a direct line to God had me on hold for so long; I thought I was going to die and never to be saved. I have given up my million to one quest for heaven and have return to earth again.

This spiritual journey help me realized one thing. Satan has had gay sex and he is not so bad.

41. justateacher profile image83
    justateacherposted 12 years ago

I believe our God is a loving God...I also feel that the Bible was written many years ago as a guide to the "right" way to live for a particular group of people...not all people believe the same thing...I believe that things have changed so much since the Bible was written and although we need to follow the commandments, other things have changed in history...it is no longer believed that slavery is okay and we have made laws and amendments to outlaw slavery...no one believes today that it would be okay to own a slave...the same thing goes for gays...things change...people and societies grow...everyone is accepted for who they are...and special for who they are...The Golden Rule says "treat others as you would have them treat you..." - that says to me that it doesn't matter what color a person is, or what sexual orientation they may be, or what culture they come from, or what deity they believe in - we should treat ALL people with respect!

I would say you have it about right . smile

42. aka-dj profile image66

http://johnniecraig.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/the-end1.jpg

1. vox vocis profile image80
      vox vocisposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Oh, the end!

But, I want to say sth, too  LOL

I must quote you on this one aka-dj:

"He hates "homsexuality", NOT homosexuals.
      But then He hates ALL sin, and He LOVES ALL "sinners"."

And that's it.

I'm glad you got the message! smile

1. vox vocis profile image80
          vox vocisposted 12 years agoin reply to this

smile

Too many have gone off topic.
      Please start another thread to discuss other topics.
      This one has been, quit literally flogger to death!

Thanks to all the contributors. I'm outa heya! cool

43. sarasotadui profile image60
    sarasotaduiposted 12 years ago

The problem here is the doings not the doers. I would agree that God loves the sinners that is why he came on earth and left his Kingdom just for the sinners. This does not mean that "gays" will continue to do things that is not right before the eyes of God. Because God is also Holy. He will really judge the unrighteous and impose punishments accordingly.

What will G-d do to people who have gotten a divorce and remarried? (This is "continuing to do things that are not right" according to Jesus Christ)

Closing: Are Christian masochist for punishment?  I would rather be gay than play that extreme game of S&M

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)