Best traffic day EVER!

Jump to Last Post 1-15 of 15 discussions (29 posts)
  1. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 12 years ago

Yesterday I saw the most traffic on HP that I've ever experienced. Ever - and I've been here for a couple of years. OMG, I hope this continues!

1. Rebecca E. profile image79
      Rebecca E.posted 12 years agoin reply to this

hurray for you!  that is great news, I really hope it does continue, it's great to see some nice numbers!

1. CASE1WORKER profile image61
        CASE1WORKERposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Although not in the same traffic lane  I have had a nice steady level of traffic accross the whole range of my hubs- which is really nice. I joined up to have people read, money secondary so I am "well pleased" as they say!

2. wilderness profile image95
      wildernessposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Me, too, Habee.  Last Wednesday was a record, Thursday was a record, Sunday was a record and yesterday beat them all again.

I never expected to see this kind of traffic or income for at least a couple more years and many more hubs.  If it simply levels off I would be one happy camper and it just continues to grow.  Almost scary!

1. Lisa HW profile image62
        Lisa HWposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Same here.  Also, (and I'm pretty pleased with this) best Ad Sense month since Panda).  It's not where it once was, but this month my payment will be double what it was last month.  I hope it lasts too, but I still think a lot of shifting around may be yet to come - but it's nice for now.

2. profile image0
        Suramya.Kposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Same here as well. I think HubPages has now really bounced back. Earnings and impressions are up as well.

3. saddlerider1 profile image59
      saddlerider1posted 12 years ago

Where is the best place to look to see this increase in one's traffic?

1. kmackey32 profile image65
        kmackey32posted 12 years agoin reply to this

I would have to say your adsense account. Thats where the money is. lol

2. frogdropping profile image77
        frogdroppingposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Analytics Saddletrider. Fairest reflection, way better than HP stats.

4. kmackey32 profile image65
      kmackey32posted 12 years ago

Yesterday was also a record for me. I just wish the clicks would be there. I am only getting 1 or 2.

5. saddlerider1 profile image59
      saddlerider1posted 12 years ago

Thank you kindly frogdropping for dropping that advice on me, appreciate it.

6. Stacie L profile image88
      Stacie Lposted 12 years ago

I hope  my best traffic days are not over.
      today my traffic is dropping fast and I don't know why...

7. rmcrayne profile image90
      rmcrayneposted 12 years ago

I had my best traffic numbers about 9 am today- double my traffic of 23 Aug.  My current traffic is about a 30-40% increase from my pre-Panda numbers.  If I average my combined total of HP and AdSense earnings from 24-30 Aug, I'm looking at a bit more than my Jan (and Feb up to Panda date) earnings, but probably less than what I would be earning if the whole Panda thing never happened. AdSense remains really low, with the occasional decent click.  Three of my hubs that were earning $10/mo each with AdSense still earn just pennies, despite return of traffic even before the sub-domain switch, and double and quadruple traffic since 24 Aug.

I don't write "Amazon hubs", but was making a little each month until Feb when it dried up to a dollar or two a month. I had quit checking Amazon, so was pleasantly surprised yesterday to have earnings like Dec! Thanks in large part to two moderately big (dollar) items.

8. wordscribe43 profile image91
      wordscribe43posted 12 years ago

This has also been my best day on HP EVER!  I was one of the hubbers that was sandboxed (or something of that sort) on 8/10, but the past 24 hours have brought record breaking traffic and earnings for me.  I am thrilled, but simultaneously guarded.  And, I feel badly for the people here who haven't recovered.  It sucks to be in that boat, especially when so many great writers are being affected.

Nice.  It's always good to see the better news on here. 

It will be nice for some of the others who took that most recent hit to see your encouraging post.   I agree about the other great writers.

2. sagebrush_mama profile image60
        sagebrush_mamaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Just seeing some improvement this morning...yay!

1. wordscribe43 profile image91
          wordscribe43posted 12 years agoin reply to this

YAY!  Congrats!  So glad to hear it.  I will cross my fingers it remains steady for us.

9. Susan Ng profile image82
      Susan Ngposted 12 years ago

Traffic and earnings have never been this high for me. smile My earnings for August is almost double my normal monthly payout. Banzai! ^_^

It's nice to see the list of people enjoying the upswing (at least while it lasts, and hopefully it might  roll)

(Unrelated note:  I just noticed in my post above that there should be a comma between "other" and "great".  It would seem to be a minor thing but, when I came back here and saw the missing comma, I realized the whole meaning of the sentence really was changed because of it.  hmm  It should have read "other, great, writers" . Sometimes commas don't matter much.  This particular one did.   roll )

10. ubanichijioke profile image74
      ubanichijiokeposted 12 years ago

I have seen increased traffic on my hub[s] but truth is it ain't reflected on the money.

That's not my main concern cos money ain't the main thing.

I want to know what is the main cause?

1. wilderness profile image95
        wildernessposted 12 years agoin reply to this

The great God Google is rolling the dice each morning.  7 or 11, you get a traffic increase.  2,3 or 12 you get slapped for the day.  Anything else gets a "by" for the day and you stay steady.

Makes as much sense as anything else! lol

Now THAT does make sense.   I think, maybe, I'll start passing that theory around as if I know it's a fact.  I'll tell people, "I read it somewhere on here," and they can then start some threads on probability and its potential effects on bi-weekly earnings and traffic.   smile  (There really needs to be some new threads, other than that 1800-plus subdomain thread at this point anyway.)

11. profile image0
      BRIAN SLATERposted 12 years ago

Best ever day for me too, let's hope it continues.

1. rebekahELLE profile image85
        rebekahELLEposted 12 years agoin reply to this

+

12. farawayvr profile image40
      farawayvrposted 12 years ago

Pretty interesting we had our best ever day, let's hope it continues.

Cheers

13. shogan profile image76
      shoganposted 12 years ago

I'm with you guys.  Please let this trend continue!

14. KCC Big Country profile image84
      KCC Big Countryposted 12 years ago

I'm very close to beating my all-time rolling 24 hr number as well which is saying a lot since my peak season hasn't hit yet. I'm crossing my fingers that it holds out as well.

Funny enough, I saw a huge dip just prior to the surge.  I had about 10 days of lows I hadn't seen since my first year here.  So this sudden surge feels especially nice. 

During the dip I stopped to access my YTD combined earnings and I'm seeing a 33% increase in revenue before ever getting into my peak season.  I'm really optimistic about this year ending really really well.  smile

15. Night Magic profile image61
      Night Magicposted 12 years ago

Way to go Habee.  I hope traffic continues to go up for you.  My traffic is finally starting to move upwards too.

16. nikipa profile image63
      nikipaposted 12 years ago

Traffic going up here as well... Let it flow!smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)