Are there any R-Rated comedies with out homosexual scenes?

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (29 posts)
  1. tHErEDpILL profile image81
    tHErEDpILLposted 12 years ago

Can anyone name 10 R-Rated comedy movies released withing the last two years that have not contained any homo-sexually erotic or suggestive scenes?

1. JGoul profile image60
      JGoulposted 12 years agoin reply to this

How about Role Models?  Was that in the last two years?

tHErEDpILLposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Role Models...good movie but released in 2008.  Plus I think there's a scene in that movie where the kid claims that one of the adults touched him.

2. Obscure_Treasures profile image57
      Obscure_Treasuresposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yes there are many.....like Cyrus

2. profile image0
    Stevennix2001posted 12 years ago

What if a guy pretends to be gay in the film in order to avoid a girl?  Even though the guy in the film is actually straight.  Would that count?

I think you can count that one.  Don't see that as being suggestive unless, he attempts to prove to her that he is gay by kissing another guy or something.

3. profile image0

Okay,I have two so far, so I'm off to a good start.  However, I'll be sure to post the rest of the eight later before the month is out. 

1.  Everything Must Go

2.  Cyrus

1. profile image0
      Stevennix2001posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Okay.  I found "Fright Night", and yes it's listed as a horror comedy, so it counts.  You can't disqualify it, as you only mentioned it had to be an R-rated comedy..PERIOD.  Okay, now I'm off to look for more.  wink

4. optimus grimlock profile image61
    optimus grimlockposted 12 years ago

damn I was gunna say lottery ticket but I remembered the guy that got outta jail was always blkwing bow wow or bandon t jackson a kiss lol. sad ice cube keeps recreating debo in his films.

LOL, yea no dice on that one, and yes it does seem like Ice Cube is using the same damn formula all the time.

5. optimus grimlock profile image61
    optimus grimlockposted 12 years ago

on another note I hate how sports came out with the saying gay as in stupid is wrong. Man people have been doin that for atleast 15 years I know I have. thats gaaaaay people r such babys grow up. in case you havent noticed this is a pet pieve of mind along with not laughing because you dont want people to think your insensative.If its funny laugh. Can I get an amen????? or a hot tub lol(love that state farm commercial)

lol I agree, if it's funny laugh.  I also don't like when people wait for someone else to laugh before they do, like they need self assurance from other people about what they do with their bodies.  Please...too many followers in this world.

1. optimus grimlock profile image61
        optimus grimlockposted 12 years agoin reply to this

o its ok for me th laugh now because the black guy laugh this pc shi has got to stop

2. profile image0

Well Grimlock, you certainly do make an interesting assessment.  And like you and red pill, I too have been guilty of finding those same said commercials ridiculous and stupid.  However, here's the thing.

You remember how people used to think the word "N****r" was okay?  People used to say it all the time back in the 50's and early on, but you notice people don't say that anymore right?  Because during the Civil rights era people grew over time to learn words like that inappropriate to describe minorities, as it sets a psychological message the minorities were inferior; even though that was never true.

The word "gay" is often used to describe something stupid, and/or weak among many of today's modern youths.  Yes, I'm aware the actual text book original meaning was another word for "happy."  However, if you converse in forums with many of today's youths like I do, then you'd come to realize that many of today's youths use that same said language, as it's been deemed acceptable by society.  Since more and more children are coming forth about their sexuality, the word "gay" sends a sub conscious message that homosexuals are inferior with the way it's used. 

Therefore, the concept of stopping our children and society from ever using the word in a derogatory manner will help a little bit on a sub conscious level that homosexuals aren't inferior in society. 

Granted, i could be wrong on this, as I'm not a psychologist, but I'm just merely speculating a theory.

6. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 12 years ago

I couldn't name 10 R-rated comedies of any kind.

7. JGoul profile image60
    JGoulposted 12 years ago

Pedophilia and homosexuality aren't the same thing... just saying. 

Plus, the kid says that just to get the adult in trouble., and no one takes him seriously.  I wouldn't really call that a homosexual scene.

male on male=homosexual the fact that the other male is a child makes it homosexual-Pedophilia...ahem, now that that is cleared up on to whatever else you said.  Yea that scene is touchy (lol, get it...touchy).  I would say that it doesn't count, but the movie is still older than 2 years, so it's disqualified.

1. JGoul profile image60
        JGoulposted 12 years agoin reply to this

As I understand it, the current thinking is that pedophilia is essentially an orientation, like being gay or straight, and so it's not correct to describe an encounter with a child as either gay or straight.  Anyone know if that's correct?

1. profile image0

I don't know, but i have heard that people have already separated pedophiles into separate groups like heterophillia and homophillia.  where people of heterophilia molest children of the opposite sex, while homophilias molest children of the same gender.  at least, that's what I heard.  As far as how it applies to "Role Models", I honestly don't think it should apply, as someone being gay is vastly different than concept of someone being pedophile.  People do try to blur that line to make them out to be kind of the same thing, when that's glaringly wrong, as there's been cases of even straight people being pedophiles too.  Then again, this is red pill's thread, so it's up to him to make up the rules.

8. profile image0
    klarawieckposted 12 years ago

The lion from Narnia is definetily gay (which is not a problem if it wasn't because his voice booms in THX audio while the others sound like they're coming out mono), and the faun, Mr. Tumnus, is a pedophile. I remember watching the movie and looking at people around me thinking... "am I the only one getting this?"

Forget about R-rated! Children movies can be really creepy!

Hmmm...interesting.  Haven't been watching a lot of kids movies lately.  Might have to do some research into what your saying.  One thing I do know is that a lot of movies that seem like they're aimed towards kids actually end up being for adults.  Anyone in here seen "Paul?"

1. profile image0

I have, but I don't know if you'd count it or not, as the two protagonist in the film get accused of being gay, and there's some jokes regarding anal probing; which the alien never does, but they joke about it, since it's an obvious stereotype.  I was thinking about mentioning it, but I thought you'd dismiss it because of the anal probe reference in the film.

2. profile image0
        klarawieckposted 12 years agoin reply to this

no, I haven't

9. profile image0

Although I have a feeling you'll reject this movie, but I'll ask anyway.  Does it count if the guy is masturbating while watching his wife/girlfriend have sex with another man?  I have a feeling you'll reject it, but I thought i'd ask anyway.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)