Prayer

Jump to Last Post 1-3 of 3 discussions (38 posts)
  1. Apostle Jack profile image61
    Apostle Jackposted 12 years ago

Why do people pray to Christ,when He taught us to pray to His Father?
    Seems as though one will do as they please,and still expect the same out come.
    We have to go through Christ to get to God....but not in prayer,we go direct to The Almighty Himself. He is the source,above Christ,or He would not be the Father of Christ.

1. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 12 years agoin reply to this

John 1

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
      The same was in the beginning with God.
      All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
      In him was life; and the life was the light of men."

Read the other verses, resulting in verse 14 (and the rest thru even verse 34):

v. 14: 
      "And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth."

2. Judah's Daughter profile image78
      Judah's Daughterposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It's sad that you have not come to know who Jesus is, just as Jesus said to Phillip in John 14:9 "Have I been so long with you, and yet you have not come to know Me, [Apostle Jack]? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; how can you say, 'Show us the Father'?"  Do you think when you get to heaven you can ask the same of Jesus?  Isa 9:6 clearly states, "For a child will be born to us, a son will be given to us; And the government will rest on His shoulders; And His name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace."  Consider Isa 44:6 "Thus says the LORD [Yehovah], the King of Israel and his [Israel's] Redeemer, the LORD of hosts: 'I AM THE FIRST and I AM THE LAST, And THERE IS NO GOD BESIDES ME."  This is a very 'singular' statement. Compare this to Rev 2:8 "The FIRST AND THE LAST, WHO WAS DEAD, and HAS COME TO LIFE, says this:..."  The reason we cannot get to 'the Father' except through Christ is because Christ Jesus IS the Father, who came in the flesh.  To deny Him is to deny the Father, for He is ONE LORD = ONE GOD.  You have split Him into TWO (maybe even three) and have dethroned the KING of kings and LORD of lords.  May He open your mind to understand the scriptures (Luke 24:45).  He loves you and I love you in His Name.

1. aka-dj profile image65
        aka-djposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hello JD.
        Long time since I've seen you on this forum.

Good post. I agree with you!

1. Judah's Daughter profile image78

Praise God!

2. Apostle Jack profile image61
        Apostle Jackposted 12 years agoin reply to this

@JD
        They were of the same principals and image of conduct which is why He said  he who have seen me have seen the Father. You are not separating Father and son you are saying that there is no son just the father.You are very confused and out of touch with God. Christ said that he that is sent is not greater than he that sent Him,so how can He be God. You have to read between the lines,which everyone don't have the ability to do so.

I cannot explain to you what only the LORD can.  If you can understand, God is Spirit, the Holy Spirit (INVISIBLE) - Ref John 4:24; Col 1:15; 2 Cor 3:17.  Jesus was conceived through a human woman [therefore, the Son of Man] by the Holy Spirit [therefore, the Son of God], for His 'Father' (based on the fact He was begotten of a woman) is the Holy Spirit.  If you think the Holy Spirit is a third 'person' of the 'Godhead', then the Father is not the Father.  The LORD appeared to Abraham in the Old Testament (Gen 18:22).  Do you think He left all of heaven unattended, to put Himself in human form?  Why was He born of the flesh, if He could have just appeared like He did to Abraham?  Because, no flesh and BLOOD can inherit the kingdom of God (1 Cor 15:50) and without the shedding of blood, there is no remission of sin (Heb 9:22).  His immortal flesh appeared to Abraham; His mortal flesh was born and died.  Consider what Acts 20:28 states clearly: "...shepherd the church of GOD which HE purchased with HIS OWN BLOOD."  I have a multitude of hubs you can read, if you feel so led.  If a Seed of Truth has been planted, you will know over time, for it will be confirmed by the Holy Spirit,...if you know Him.

Where is your explanation of  "spirituality" JD ? You only mention spirit,but cannot explain the definition. Celestial spirituality is what its all about.
            1Cor 15 v 40,44 concerning our bodies of existence. Not to know or understand this concept ,is not to be able to explain Father and Son connection.  Which is why most of the world are confused about their spiritual  existence.

The Bible does NOT say 'God is spiritual' [adjective], but that God is Spirit [noun].  No need to explain 'spirituality', whatever your perspective.

You need to stop telling lies,seeing that you don't know the truth.Spirit and spirituality cannot be separated in to 2 parts,it is all explained in one package of understanding. I think you need to read your bible instead of from your own agenda.

Apostle Jack, do you believe Jesus is your Shepherd?  Do you believe He is your Savior?  If so, you must answer to the following:  Ps 100:1 "The LORD is my Shepherd" and Isaiah 43:11 "I, even I, am the LORD, And there is no savior besides Me."  Do you know who the LORD of the Old Testament is?  LORD is translated Yehovah, also known as God.  Jesus said in John 10:11, "I am the good shepherd; the good shepherd lays down His life for the sheep."  Titus 2:13 states, "...looking for the blessed hope and the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Christ Jesus".  I take it you are offended at the thought that Jesus Christ is God?  Is it I who lies or is it the Bible?  Or, maybe the Bible and I are telling you the truth?  You have two more witnesses, at least, on this forum that confirm this truth.  Do you think we just want to anger you or love you enough to draw you closer to the LORD?

I have one question:
                    Who did God call Father.......if Christ was God?
                    Does God have a Father?

3. Disappearinghead profile image61
        Disappearingheadposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hi JD, long time since I has in Hubpages. Excellent post of yours above that sums it up rather nicely.

Hi dear brother, Disappearinghead ~ yes, I've not been writing since my last hub, due to a move.  Just settled and hope to write some new hubs and keep on as I did before, very soon.  Blessings to you!!

When the blind try to lead the blind..they will both fall into the ditch. If you agree that God is is not spiritual,you are worst off than Jd is.

3. Timothy Donnelly profile image61
      Timothy Donnellyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Apostle Jack, I agree with you. Why also do some pray to Mother Mary, some favorite intercessor or, God forbid, other [strange] gods? Probably because that is how they were taught to gain a personal relationship with, and “send” petitions (of praise, thanks, and requests) to the Most High God, our Eternal Heavenly Father.
      I don’t know of any Biblical person who paid the ultimate sacrifice professing that Jesus was the Most High God (The Father), but there are several examples of people who testified that Jesus was (and is) The SON of God - for instance, Steven, who was stoned to death when he refused to renounce what he KNEW to be true (and, knew that God knew that he knew it). He testified that he SAW Jesus on the right hand of God, therefore discovering the truth that Jesus, even though He spoke in parables, did not lie (and cannot lie, or else he would not be God).
      Now, so I said that Jesus was God - what I mean is that Jesus, because He is like His Father (exactly), He as a consequence (and promise), inherits ALL that His Father has, including God-ship. There are many Biblical scriptures that tell us that Jesus is the SON of God (the Father). This does not mean that Jesus Himself cannot also be a Father.
      Let me use 1st Corinthians, 11: 3 as another witness that Jesus and His Father are separate personages … “But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.”
      The head of the woman is the man - this does NOT make the woman anything but EQUAL to the man - it means that the [wife] must submit to the will of the [husband], in order to maintain peace, harmony, unison, and structure; this makes the wife an integral equal parner in marriage; one in flesh and mind (will) with the husband. Therefore, they are both essentially the same, and of the same purpose. The head of Christ is [the Most High] God - this does NOT make Jesus anything but EQUAL to [the Most High] God - it means that Jesus must submit to the will of His Father, and He does, completely.
      The explanation that one is greater than the other can easily be reconciled with scripture by understanding that the vine is greater its branches; and, they are essentially the same, and of the same purpose - just as Jesus Himself is greater than just His Word; they are essentially the same, and of the same purpose. I think everyone ought to see that having the actual person Jesus Christ in the same room as you would be much greater than having instead just a book. Note here, that no one can shut the mouth of our God (Jesus), for it is His prerogative to speak of His own will, no matter if the “Bible” has been completed or not. Jesus is greater than His Word because His Word came from Him, AND they are of the same purpose. The Most High God, the Father of Jesus Christ, is greater than His Son, but they are of the same purpose. Jesus taught nothing but the will of His Father (He completely submitted to His Father’s will).

John 8: 38-42 “I speak that which I have seen with my Father: and ye do that which ye have seen with your father. They answered and said unto him, Abraham is our father. Jesus saith unto them, If ye were Abraham’s children, ye would do the works of Abraham. [40] But now ye seek to kill me, a man that hath told you the truth, which I have heard of God: this did not Abraham. [41] Ye do the deeds of your father. Then said they to him, We be not born of fornication; we have one Father, even God. [42] Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me. [43] Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.”
      Well done, Apostle Jack.

TD, you said, "I don’t know of any Biblical person who paid the ultimate sacrifice professing that Jesus was the Most High God (The Father), but there are several examples of people who testified that Jesus was (and is) The SON of God". 

Peter confessed who Jesus was in the flesh, the Son of God. However, look at what the Apostle Peter wrote in 2 Pet 1:1: “Simon Peter, a bond-servant and apostle of Jesus Christ, To those who have received a faith of the same kind as ours, by the righteousness of OUR GOD AND SAVIOR, JESUS CHRIST.”

Look at what Thomas said when Jesus asked him to touch His hands and side: "MY LORD [Kurios – Greek for Yehovah] AND MY GOD [Theos – Greek for Elohim]!" (see Ex 20:2-3)

What did the Apostle John have to say in 1 John 5:20 “And we know that the Son of God has come, and has given us understanding so that WE MAY KNOW HIM WHO IS TRUE; and WE ARE IN HIM WHO IS TRUE, IN HIS SON JESUS CHRIST. THIS IS THE TRUE GOD AND ETERNAL LIFE.”  Jesus said, "I AM the Way, the TRUTH, and the Life" (John 14:6).  We have the Spirit of God who is the Spirit of Christ (Rom 8:9), who is the Spirit of Truth (John 4:24; 16:13).  We have one LORD (Eph 4:5) and the LORD is that Spirit (2 Cor 3:17).

Jesus spoke to Paul on the road to Damascus (Acts 9).  He was invisible, but heard.  God is invisible, but heard by His Word.  Col 1:15.  This doesn't make Him two persons, let alone three.  We know Christ today by His Spirit, just as Paul did and bear witness of the Truth (John 18:37).

1. Timothy Donnelly profile image61
          Timothy Donnellyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Judah's Daughter, I agree that Jesus Christ is our God - for He is the one that The Most High God sent to us, to teach us, and therefore we follow Him, although He teaches us His Father's will - that's the whole idea of it.
          Furthermore, to say that someone is a spirit is NOT wrong, but what is ALSO NOT wrong is that a spirit, including a the Holy Spirit of Christ, may be only a part of something greater. Jesus is Spirit, but He ALSO happens to have a (first mortal, now resurrected) BODY. I am presently also a spirit - in a mortal body of flesh - together they represent my soul. When Jesus was crucified, His body actually died, but NEVER did His Spirit die - IMPOSSIBLE! Now, afetr His resurrection, He again has His Holy Spirit joined to an immortal and glorified body! I thought that is like a whole part of BELIEVING.
          Peace my good lady.

Yes, Jesus was resurrected in the body in which He died.  However, He appeared in another form [morphe] after His resurrection, also (Mark 16:12) - What happened to His original body?  This Greek word, morphe, is also used in Phil 2:6, "He existed in the form [morphe] of God".  Now, the "form of a bond-servant", in the next verse uses the Greek word "schema".  These forms are not the same.  God appeared in immortal flesh to Abraham (Gen 18:22) ~ that would be Jesus.  Jesus was invisible when He appeared to Saul, renamed Paul.  We will indeed 'see' Him when He comes again (Rev 1:7), in the form [morphe] of the invisible God.  Hopefully, this will shine some more Light.

1. Evolution Guy profile image58
              Evolution Guyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

lol

U int got no light - innit.

Did u et the lamb?

Evolution Guy, What do you know of eating the passover Lamb? (Ex 12:8; John 6:51-56).

1. Evolution Guy profile image58
                  Evolution Guyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Your avatar - the lion appears to be "taking" the lamb from behind. It is funny. Especially when you spend so much time fighting with other believers over wot god sed.

You have certainly convinced me I am right to reject your religion.

Thank you.

You may see it as fighting, but my heart is to teach and help.  What you may see as contention is what I see as love.  If the Lord were to attempt to teach you because He loves you, would you see Him as fighting you?  I surely hope not.

You said it well.I commend you one your full presentation of the word. I think we both have something to give.

2. Jerami profile image58
    Jeramiposted 12 years ago

Mankind makes up words to express what we think God Is.
       Someone else expresses who they see God to be.

We then argue about whose concept is best.
       Even if we could determine whose concept is best,that doesn't prove the other to be wrong.

We then turn this into an arguement ABOUT God  ...  when it isn't!

OOHhhhh  silly us.

If i were allowed to see something that you didn't see, are have known about,it would make me more creditable than someone that have only heard about it.
      So,I would take pen in hand,not from what I read or someone else said,nor from schools of world education...but from the worth of self experience. That makes a big difference.

3. Ms Dee profile image87
    Ms Deeposted 12 years ago

AJ, In Hebrews 7 it explains that as the guaranteer of a better covenant (than the one with Abraham), Jesus can for eternity intercede with God for us as the eternal priest...

"22 Because of this oath, Jesus is the one who guarantees this better covenant with God.

23 There were many priests under the old system, for death prevented them from remaining in office. 24 But because Jesus lives forever, his priesthood lasts forever. 25 Therefore he is able, once and forever, to save[e] those who come to God through him. He lives forever to intercede with God on their behalf."

Also, do you know that we will also reign with Christ as joint heirs? Rom 8:17.  His preparing the way is for us to take our place along side him. He now calls us who follow God's commands friends, not slaves, John 15: 9-17. He has gone to prepare a place for us, so that we can live with him where he lives John 14:3. We will be like Christ is now

The temple of God (the Holy Spirit) made without human hands, was Jesus first (Col 2:9; Mark 14:58; John 2:21).  We are now the temple of the Holy Spirit (God/Christ in us) - 1 Cor 6:19.  We will always be His dwelling place (John 14:2).  We, as the sons of the Most High God, grafted into true Israel by faith, are 'elohim'/'theos' (a member of His family) - Ps 82:6; John 10:34; 1 Cor 12:12-end of chapter.

The intercession made for us is in and through us, according to the Word (Rom 8:26; John 7:38), for we are a kingdom of priests (Ex 19:6; Rev 5:10).  According to 1 Cor 15:24, this 'Mediation' will cease, after the last enemy of our physical death is destroyed (the resurrection) - vs. 26.  Yet, we know the kingdom of the Rock (Jesus Christ - 1 Cor 10:4; Mat 16:18) will never end (Dan 2:34 & 44). 

God created man to rule over everything, including the angels (1 Cor 6:3); everything will once again be put under man's feet (vs. 27 and compare to Ps 8:6-8).  It will be as it was in the beginning, when all things are restored after the resurrection and judgment.  Jesus is the LORD God, Emmanuel (Mat 1:23), the image of the invisible God (Col 1:15)...always has been and always will be.  Jesus said in Rev 21:7, "He who overcomes will inherit these things, and I will be his God and he will be My son."

Jesus never taught us to pray to Him,But to the Father. Why do most of the world fail to do so,is my question? The reward nor the outcome is not the same when you do it your way...and not God's. It is an order of process that most of the world seem to ignore,or have no connection with God.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)