Weird Facts About Yourself

Jump to Last Post 1-24 of 24 discussions (37 posts)
  1. melbel profile image93
    melbelposted 12 years ago

What are some things about yourself that most people would find strange?

I'll start...
    -My eyes are so dark people think my eyes are black (or that I wear specialty contacts.)
    -I don't have a sense of smell.

1. Maddie Ruud profile image73
      Maddie Ruudposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Does that mean you can't taste very well either?

Weird fact about myself:  I have no problem preparing raw meat.  I have no problem sticking my hand into a chicken and pulling the guts out. I have no problem with the fact that I'm eating an animal... but I do have a problem eating meat off the bone.

1. Aficionada profile image80
        Aficionadaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

OMGoodness - that is definitely one of the "weirdier" weirdnesses I have ever heard!  - Are you okay with it, if you cut the meat off the bone and eat it that way?

1. Maddie Ruud profile image73
          Maddie Ruudposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, if I cut it off the bone, it's fine, but I prefer to do so before plating so the bone doesn't go on my plate at all.  But it's not like I freak out about touching them in general...  I have no qualms about them while cooking, or about giving one to my dog... it's only while eating.

1. Aficionada profile image80
            Aficionadaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Wow - fascinating!

2. Nixhe profile image58
      Nixheposted 12 years agoin reply to this

there nothing weird about me..I'm totally fine..I like the way I am.

2. Urbane Chaos profile image91
    Urbane Chaosposted 12 years ago

I can't stand being upside down.  I absolutely hate it. That, and looking straight up.  People find that bizarre, but that's alright.  I can handle it..

What most don't know is that it's a medical thing.  I get extreme vertigo when I do either of those two things.  Still, people love to tease me about it, especially when we go to an amusement park. neutral

3. MummyTales profile image60
    MummyTalesposted 12 years ago

I'm terrified of running water, when it is on so low that it hardly makes a sound. And elevators... *shudders*
    I have naturally blonde hair that forms wringlets at times but I dye it dark brown and straighten it!

4. melbel profile image93
    melbelposted 12 years ago

Yours reminds me of my irrational fear of magnets. I used to worry that a magnet would attract the iron in my blood and cause a blood clot thus a stroke or heart attack. It's not a big fear or anything, just something I used to worry about/think of.

1. Hollie Thomas profile image61
      Hollie Thomasposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I'm terrified of wasps. I was on holiday in Kefalonia and a wasp started buzzing around me while I was eating in a taverna. I became so irrational that  after smashing my glass on the floor when the offending wasp landed on my thumb, I picked up my chair to defend myself against the wasp (you know like lion tamers do) Needless to say I looked a complete idiot and my teenage kids were so embarrassed they sat at another table.

5. starme77 profile image76
    starme77posted 12 years ago

my ears are different sizes - seriously - I used to wear a single poly tail all the time - then one day when I was about 21 years old - I noticed one ear is round and the other is long and I screamed really loud smile haha I don't wear a pony tail anymore hahaha:)

6. paradigmsearch profile image60
    paradigmsearchposted 12 years ago

*** Post Deleted ***  It is now becoming a hub. smile

7. Zabbella profile image74
    Zabbellaposted 12 years ago

I am afraid of statues. Finally found the name for my phobia,                 

Also I see future dead people. (ok that was just to lighten the mood)

8. profile image0
    Wentworth35posted 12 years ago

My surname has always been 'Sharp' but as I am the last person to have been born on both sides of my family, and I am now 40, I wanted to continue my mother's maiden name too, which was 'Tongue.'  I therefore took the surname of 'Sharp-Tongue.'

9. kmackey32 profile image64
    kmackey32posted 12 years ago

I do not know about myself cuz I am cool ya know...lol  But my boyfriend has 2 different color eyes and his nickname is muckachow. I asked him if thats some kind of dog food cuz its a weird nickname. Too top that he has it tattood on his back....

10. recommend1 profile image60
    recommend1posted 12 years ago

I have several times predicted future events, including the TT ferry that overturned in the English Channel, but I do not believe in the paranormal such as foretelling the future etc.

1. Zabbella profile image74
      Zabbellaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

The same thing has happened to me.  I just wish it were good news.

1. recommend1 profile image60
        recommend1posted 12 years agoin reply to this

I occasionally have managed good news  - and I still believe there is nothing paranormal in it.   On one occasion when we were in financial doo-doo I became totally confident that we would be ok by the following week and a totally unexpected and very large cheque turned up.  I consider that somewhere in my subconcious I connected a series of loosely connected events that led to the payment, although I was not able to make those connections consciously even after the event.

1. Zabbella profile image74
          Zabbellaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I suppose what you are describing is the Law of Attraction...you can make things possible with the power within you. That is cool...I'm gonna have to tap into this some more!

2. zipline05 profile image61
      zipline05posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Really? That's really weird, since paranormal activities or having premonition of things are difficult to believe by many and only few people have the said gift.

Well predictions are hard to do and even harder to claim after.  In this case I knew more about the ferries than most people as I had a contract to keep them running, I did not tell anyone my fear or premonition, but I did stop my family using them a few weeks before the event.

11. profile image0
    Emile Rposted 12 years ago

I can't step on a bug. The sound of the exoskeleton crunching causes a gag reflex.

And, I think I can feel the radiation from the microwave.  I have to wait a good thirty seconds after the timer goes off before I can take anything out of it.

12. profile image0
    Wentworth35posted 12 years ago

I feel naked if I leave the house without a hat.  I have many hats, both for summer and winter, and I really feel better with one on my head.  Summer hats include panama hats and in the winter I like great big furry Russian hats.  Sometimes, I even wear them inside and even sleep in them.

13. ubanichijioke profile image75
    ubanichijiokeposted 12 years ago

I love laughing. I laugh a lot. . .

14. manlypoetryman profile image82
    manlypoetrymanposted 12 years ago

Ok...from a man's perspective on things (that are "also" important):

I'm a big fan of Chevrolet vehicles all my life...although...I've never owned one that actually ran.

Weird hmm big_smile smile smile neutral neutral sad sad smile lol cool smile smile neutral neutral sad sad big_smile  yikes wink hmm tongue lol mad

15. CASE1WORKER profile image60
    CASE1WORKERposted 12 years ago

I hate Silver foil- it makes my mouth taste funny just looking at it!

16. billabongbob profile image67
    billabongbobposted 12 years ago

I often get only 8 hours sleep in 8 days

Wow - I would be so damn cranky - and for so long !  I get up early so that I can remember who I am and get normal before 'she' gets up, the less I sleep the more cranky I am  big_smile

1. billabongbob profile image67
        billabongbobposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I'm always cranky lol, but hide it well smile lol

17. profile image0
    Home Girlposted 12 years ago

I hate when people are talking on their celphones on a bus! I am afraid of big black flies http://www.pic4ever.com/images/122fs329172.gif

18. fancifulashley profile image68
    fancifulashleyposted 12 years ago

I hate the feeling of peeled bananas and butter on my hands. After touching them I have to wash my hands right away. The same goes if my hands smell like any kind of food, such as chips, a burger or pizza. I have to wash my hands a couple of times to make the smell go away or I gag.

19. Vicki99 profile image71
    Vicki99posted 12 years ago

I fear losing my teeth. I even have nightmares about my teeth crumbling out into my hands. Strange.

20. holdenh13 profile image68
    holdenh13posted 12 years ago

I suffer from male pattern baldness.  sad

21. AEvans profile image71
    AEvansposted 12 years ago

I have no problem riding on a Roller Coaster but have a fear of heights. I cannot stand on a platform high in the sky without my legs crumbling beneath me.

22. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 12 years ago

I hate being peed on by possums and Koalas.

Hang on maybe that isn't so weird after all! lol

23. Rosie2010 profile image68
    Rosie2010posted 12 years ago

I hear ringing in my ears.  Two weeks ago, the ringing started to get louder, very annoying.  I told my brother about it.  My brother told me, he also hears ringing in his ears.  He tries to ignore the ringing in his ears, and focus on the voices in his head instead.

24. R.S. Hutchinson profile image71
    R.S. Hutchinsonposted 12 years ago

All my genes are recessive.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)