What does your spouse do to annoy you the most?

Jump to Last Post 1-27 of 27 discussions (38 posts)
  1. goldentoad profile image61
    goldentoadposted 15 years ago

I go crazy by the pile of just washed clothes that only get bigger or smaller on the bedroom floor. It disappears maybe once a month. My best shirts stay on the bottom of the pile, permanently wrinkled. I would do my laundry myself but she says she can manage in between soap operas.

1. spiderpam profile image73
      spiderpamposted 15 years agoin reply to this

One word: SNORE smile

2. spiderpam profile image73
      spiderpamposted 15 years agoin reply to this

One word: SNORE smile

2. cindyvine profile image68
    cindyvineposted 15 years ago

Living in the same house as me would annoy me, I'd have to put up with his moods, but 10 year anniversary this year of giving him the boot!  Yay!!!!!!!!

3. sharrie69 profile image66
    sharrie69posted 15 years ago

breathe

1. profile image0
      Feline Prophetposted 15 years agoin reply to this

tongue

2. Laughing Mom profile image60
      Laughing Momposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Are you married to my husband too?

4. AEvans profile image71
    AEvansposted 15 years ago

When he eats sunflower seeds and is cracking them in my ear when we are watching anything on the television, that is very annoying and I want to pop him in the noggin when he does it. big_smile

5. LondonGirl profile image81
    LondonGirlposted 15 years ago

When he goes away, OH always leaves his clock radio to come on offensively early AND loudly.

6. profile image0
    Leta Sposted 15 years ago

He is actually something of a domestic cleaning freak.  But only about some things (!).  And my personal fave is that he uses new towels to wipe up the freakin' floors.  I am constantly buying towels, ie, I just bought more yesterday!  I must have clean linens!  Auggh,smile

7. The Real Tomato profile image65
    The Real Tomatoposted 15 years ago

When my husband wakes up early (or the middle of the night) he clangs around like it is one in the afternoon. This is especially irritating as I am very cranky when I am tired. I have learned that my words can not help the situation, so I roll my eyes, roll over and try to go back to sleep.

Ha,Ha,Ha.

8. LondonGirl profile image81
    LondonGirlposted 15 years ago

My Dad's like that. He's an early to bed, early to rise type, but worse, thinks that the world should come to a crashing stop when he's asleep, but everyone should get up at 5am to 6am. He's good at whistling, slamming doors, etc.

9. VENUGOPAL SIVAGNA profile image60
    VENUGOPAL SIVAGNAposted 15 years ago

My wife will keep dead-silence in any situation, for any question or discussion. After a few minutes, she will say "I have already replied." Her silence solves several problems.. do not create any new problem. But at times it annoys me when I feel that I am on her hate-list.

10. countrywomen profile image60
    countrywomenposted 15 years ago

I come home early and even finish cooking to go out to gym together and then either he comes late or gives some reasons to skip gym then that really annoys me (when in fact he needs the gym more than me). mad

11. Teresa McGurk profile image59
    Teresa McGurkposted 15 years ago

The last SO used to say "supposably."  I told him that it was not a word, but he said it anyway. 

Used to drive me nuts.

No, I don't miss that one at all.

12. Lgali profile image57
    Lgaliposted 15 years ago

most annoy is remote

1. countrywomen profile image60
      countrywomenposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Well I know an Indian couple who had similar problem as she wanted to watch serials and he likes news/sports channels. They got two TV's(with cable) have wireless headsets to simultaneously not disturb each other from there favorite programs smile

1. Lgali profile image57
        Lgaliposted 15 years agoin reply to this

so this is very common problem

Yes very common and it may start becoming one in our house too (I hope not) wink

13. profile image0
    C. C. Riterposted 15 years ago

When she asks, how do I look? or, Do I look fat?

You look just as wonderful as ever honey (Come on you can always stretch the truth) wink

1. profile image0
        C. C. Riterposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I alway get caught if I lie to her about anything. and she leaves the toilet seat up too. there, I forgot that one, and the dogs get into it and make a dam mess.

14. MaryMary987 profile image60
    MaryMary987posted 15 years ago

Leaves the toilet seat up

15. JadedPoet profile image60
    JadedPoetposted 15 years ago

Do roommates/former partners count in this discussion?  My first choice (breathe) was already taken, and I don't have space enough here to rival the word count in War and Peace, so let''s see if I can think of something unusual.

How about wearing my underwear?  (my roomie is a tranny)  Wearing raccoon eye make up, and thinking it looks good?  Watching golf and baseball?  This one really, really irks, since I think both are about as thrilling as watching paint dry, and (s)he gets totally fixated, unable to hear any intrusion from the outside world.  I hate to think of the number of meals I have not been able to rescue because (s)he was cooking, and baseball came on.  Even worse is LISTENING to it on the radio.  WTF!  There is so little to see on television.  Radio is worse.

And then there is this overwhelming need to be noticed.  The car has to have a bunch of stuff hanging all over the mirror, stuck to the windshield, and windows.  I feel like we are driving around in a moving billboard we don't get compensated for.  The reaview mirror in this car has sunglasses on it.  The windshield has a gooseneck gps unit holder.  The gps unit is one of the handheld ones, for geocaching (another obsession), and(s)he fiddles with it all the time while driving.  Then there is the octopus of wires coming out of the cigarette lighter, with a power cord for the gps unit, a cell phone charger, and assorted other chargers we just have to have.  And the ashtray....always overflowing.  But the biggest thingthat annoys me is the overall phoniness of this person.  (S)he or the offspring have done everything anyone else has done, done it better, and know more about it.  Yeah, right!

16. Joelle Burnette profile image70
    Joelle Burnetteposted 14 years ago

Snoring, talking about "cheese" after he works out (sounds inviting, doesn't it?), the attention he gives to our (really, his) bitchy cat Lucy who thinks he belongs to her, making too much noise at the most important scene of a movie (thank heavens for Tevo). Oops, got caried away.

17. frogdropping profile image78
    frogdroppingposted 14 years ago

He hogs the tv remote. BIG time. No matter what, he never let's it stray from his possession into mine. On the rare occasion that I manage to wrestle if from him (made easier by the fact that he will have left it lying) he get's all possessive and does this flat, open handed gesture thing - that masculine 'give me back my toy' thing.

The fact that I don't even like TV is not the point. It's still as annoying as if I was a box watcher.

Besides, I want to drive now and then lol

18. waynet profile image70
    waynetposted 14 years ago

She says I snore, but I most certainly don't, when I am asleep I don't hear a thing....

1. Elynjo profile image60
      Elynjoposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You can say the same thing to her, make up a snoring story...hehe

19. profile image0
    \Brenda Scullyposted 14 years ago

remote and control

20. Tamarii2 profile image57
    Tamarii2posted 14 years ago
  21. Tamarii2 profile image57
    Tamarii2posted 14 years ago
  22. Elynjo profile image60
    Elynjoposted 14 years ago

Remote Control Controller

23. Hawkesdream profile image65
    Hawkesdreamposted 14 years ago

Not knowing what he wants to eat, ask him, and he says ,what have you got, tell him even give three choices, don't fancy that. the question has to be repeated - What do you want to eat?

24. cindyvine profile image68
    cindyvineposted 14 years ago

breathe

1. Teresa McGurk profile image59
      Teresa McGurkposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol

the first one had sleep apnea
      the second one slept with our secretary
      the last one said "supposably"

now I have two dogs, a cat, and a camper.
      joy.

25. Lady_E profile image61
    Lady_Eposted 14 years ago

snoring loudly....

26. Jerilee Wei profile image68
    Jerilee Weiposted 14 years ago

Feeds the dog chicken and other animal bones from his meals, occasionally on the floor if he thinks I'm not looking.  Refuses to believe this is why the dog throws up at night after those same feedings.  Three husbands in 40 years, something happens to this one, I'll never have another.  Too much high maintenance.  Love him, but....

27. Nanny J.O.A.T. profile image67
    Nanny J.O.A.T.posted 14 years ago

ooohh boy! I picked a bad night to find this forum!

Putting my metal bakeware in the dishwasher so it rusts, never cleaning up his mess in the front room, never coming out of the bedroom except to grab a drink or eat- he stays on his computer constantly.

Not wishing me a happy mother's day! Did he forget I am a mother?!?!? Oh yeah, that's right - she my daughter unless he feels the need to assert his manly authority!!!!!

Cooking in the kitchen and never cleaning up any of the disaster he leaves, insisting that the garage is full of junk but won't let me get rid of any of "his items" - anyone know a good use for a sega system, a 10 yr old dell computer, a 1st generation surround sound or a broken dishwasher?

Never putting tools back where they belong - okay, never putting ANYTHING back where it belongs and then grumping and griping he can never find anything.....

Hmmm... this is beginning to sound like a new hub.... I think I better stop before I remember where I hid the large knives!!!!

I think I need chocolate....TTFN!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)