What was your first hub?

Jump to Last Post 1-24 of 24 discussions (28 posts)
  1. Rochelle Frank profile image90
    Rochelle Frankposted 12 years ago

Is your first hub (or hubs) still published? Is it getting views and comments? What is different about it and the hubs you are now writing? This is especially for those that have been here a year or more, but anyone can contribute.

1. relache profile image72
      relacheposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yep!  Created on July 31, 2006 and still alive and kicking.  Still gets steady views, never got much in the way of comments. 

Not a whole lot has changed in how I write Hubs from then until now.  Content is still king.  Favorite topics are still faves.

2. AEvans profile image72
      AEvansposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I don't remember and I believe it is a tiny speck of dust now. Properly eliminated. smile

2. Cagsil profile image71
    Cagsilposted 12 years ago

I am unsure if my first hub I ever published still exists. lol

However, by looking at my statistics page, my oldest hub is a poem, which rarely gets comments, but gets views. lol

The difference is I haven't published any new poems. I've concentrated on other topics more important. smile

3. WriteAngled profile image75
    WriteAngledposted 12 years ago

My first hub was about traditional weather lore of Britain. It still chugs along getting 5 or so views a day, which is about par for most of my hubs. The last comment was 20 months ago, i.e. 2 months after the hub was published.

I don't think the way in which I write hubs has changed. I write about quite a lot of different things, but they are mainly informative type articles that need me to dig around a bit for the information I want to include. Thus, I generally tend to write about things that interest me.

Fortunately or unfortunately, depending on how I look at it (boredom versus earning potential), none of my topics has brought in sufficient views or earnings to persuade me that it is a niche into which I should invest effort in a big way. I have tried writing on topics I thought would be more profitable, but those hubs tend to be among my least successful ones.

4. Ms Dee profile image87
    Ms Deeposted 12 years ago

My first hub in the summer of 2010, Change Your Career Path to Fit Your Motivation, is still published. I have since revised it a bit for smoother reading and a better title. Few comments and still gets views. I do, though, link to it from others of my hubs related to it.

5. Paul Edmondson profile imageSTAFF
    Paul Edmondsonposted 12 years ago

I think the first Hub ever on HubPages was how to clean a dove.  It still gets traffic.

6. Uninvited Writer profile image80
    Uninvited Writerposted 12 years ago

My first hub was about Robert F. Kennedy. I basically was using it to draw attention to my blog about him. It still gets a reasonable amount of traffic.

7. profile image0
    SirDentposted 12 years ago

MY first one was how to change a toilet.  Still gets some traffic.

8. Robin profile image86
    Robinposted 12 years ago

My first Hub was a chicken and cheese enchilada recipe created on 6/17/06.  It has seen a few modifications, but still gets traffic.

9. Maddie Ruud profile image73
    Maddie Ruudposted 12 years ago

My first Hub was about the symptoms of anorexia and bulimia.  It still gets about 10 views a day.

10. David 470 profile image80
    David 470posted 12 years ago

I believe that my first hub was deleted, but not sure. There is a hub, however, that I wrote in 2010 that is still getting steady views daily (It varies, but it is about a few hundred a day)

11. rebekahELLE profile image85
    rebekahELLEposted 12 years ago

My first hub is about sitting in a park outside of Paris, France. I knew nothing about SEO or the basics of HP. I just started writing like a blog. It doesn't get steady views. Out of all of my hubs, I think it's the only one with 5 dollar signs for revenue potential. [funny, I just checked a few others and the other hub I published on the same day has 5 dollar signs also.] I've thought about modifying the title just a bit. But I've kept it basically as it was first written.
    I've learned a lot since that first hub, but I still write about topics I love and that I have knowledge or experience with the subject.

12. Zabbella profile image75
    Zabbellaposted 12 years ago

I believe my first hub is about the dream I shared with my dog. seriously, we shared a dream...strange for me but routine for him.

13. classicalgeek profile image82
    classicalgeekposted 12 years ago

My first hub was about medieval crafts and still gets views, although few comments.

14. wavegirl22 profile image48
    wavegirl22posted 12 years ago

Mine was just about 2 years ago  . .actually I just looked and see that tomorrow is exactly 2 years to the day that I published my very first. . .  It was about Growing Herbs on Your Windowsill featuring the pots I made from recycled cans. With Autumn upon us. it is that time when New Yorkers have to bring the garden inside! Thought it was a good topic to write about as I was doing it!

Like rebekahELLE i write about things I love . .though I have not written more about my garden I too have stayed with topics I have passion and knowledge and experience in.

15. MPG Narratives profile image60
    MPG Narrativesposted 12 years ago

I've been on HP nearly 2 years as well and my first hub was basically introducing myself. It occasionally gets views but not as many as my fave topics like health and lifestyle. Don't have any reason to remove any of my hubs, happy to just let me ride along.

16. Cardisa profile image87
    Cardisaposted 12 years ago

My first hub was cooking lessons..... lol

It was getting like 1 or two views per month so I deleted it. I was a personal chef and excited about my job so I thought cooking lessons were in order. When that didn't cut it I posted my poetry, the poems did better. tongue

I realize that to make any money on HP I had to extend my skills so am still trying to find my niche after 8 months (my 8 month birthday was today)

17. tlpoague profile image81
    tlpoagueposted 12 years ago

My first hub is about my fear of failure. I was a nervous mess when I started to publish it. Then I took a deep breath, took the plunge, and have enjoyed every moment on HP since. It is still up and gets a few views. I use it to remind myself how far I have come in my writing. I have tried to change up my writing styles a bit and focus on writing about a wide range of topics. (My grammer still sucks tho...LOL!)

18. Randy Godwin profile image60
    Randy Godwinposted 12 years ago

First hub written in March 09- still getting views and comments with over 13,000 views so far.  smile

Finally made the 100 hub mark too!  Only took two and a half years!  lol

19. wilderness profile image93
    wildernessposted 12 years ago

My first hub is still there and getting an occasional view and comment.  A controversial hub written solely to get comments from hubbers; I did not realize it would go out on the web at all.  That came later when someone in the forums mentioned making money(!) and I began to look around and discovered what HP actually was.

How things change. smile

1. Randy Godwin profile image60
      Randy Godwinposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Me too, Wilderness.  I had no idea how to make money on here for quite a while.  Now I don't know how again.  smile

20. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image82
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 12 years ago

My first hub was about the Native American "Crazy Horse."  It was pathetic, as I didn't know WTF I was doing, and hit "publish" without being very cognizant of anything about this site.  I hadn't joined adsense yet at the time, and didn't know how to work the capsules.

I deleted it, and then re published the same thing with greatly improved layout and . . .basically the same text later on.

I have no idea why I can't recall what any of the next ones were - but we do have publication dates to look at - but I'm also rather fond of improving old hubs and changing things around to make them look better, and feature whatever I've learned new in the way of on page optimization.

21. RedElf profile image91
    RedElfposted 12 years ago

My first hub is still published - revised once since and still gets some page views per month. Second published one does about twice as well but still really nothing to write home about.

I knew nothing about SEO or keywords when I started, but still tend to pick interesting topic ideas and find the best keywords I can, as opposed to looking for the best keywords first.

...and like Randy, I'm having to figure it all out again.
    big_smilebig_smilebig_smile

1. Randy Godwin profile image60
      Randy Godwinposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Not sure it's worth the trouble to figure it out again, RedElf.  Seems like an endless cycle at this point.  I still enjoy writing, so I suppose I will try other venues as a new challenge.  But hey, that's why I started writing in the first place, to see if I could!  smile

22. saddlerider1 profile image58
    saddlerider1posted 12 years ago

Yes it is and does get periodic views.  The difference between what I wrote earlier, short stories and the Poetry I write now is night and day. My views have soared since I started writing poetry, I guess it appeals to many.

23. Barbara Kay profile image73
    Barbara Kayposted 12 years ago

My first hub contains a list of all of the sites where you can make money writing online. That was the research I was doing at the moment and thought I might as well use it. The hub has been edited about 5 times and will be again to keep it up-to-date. It still gets traffic and an occasional comment. It was was written 3/14/10.

24. Rochelle Frank profile image90
    Rochelle Frankposted 12 years ago

An interesting variety of hubs and experiences. Anyone else?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)