swimming fully clothed

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (20 posts)
  1. CLOTHEDSWIMMER profile image60
    CLOTHEDSWIMMERposted 12 years ago

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/5507366_f248.jpg
    I love to swim fully colthed as a hobbie just wounderd if there was any one else who dose this.
    If so if you have kids would you ever let the go swimming fully clothed

2. SunSeven profile image63
    SunSevenposted 12 years ago

You can use a Burqini swimwear instead. smile

3. CLOTHEDSWIMMER profile image60
    CLOTHEDSWIMMERposted 12 years ago

Yeh but just like swimming in every day clothe thats the point

1. IzzyM profile image87
      IzzyMposted 12 years agoin reply to this

To be a writer on Hubpages, you need to have a certain understanding of the written English language.

I'm sorry but you spell words phonetically and this is practically unreadable.

Your one hub is ridiculously short and has spelling errors in the title and url as well as throughout the hub.

And no I don't like swimming with my clothes on, nor would I encourage my kids to do so. Clothes weigh the body down, and increase the risk of drowning.

4. recommend1 profile image61
    recommend1posted 12 years ago

This is a totally bonkers thread and should be moved where it belongs - to the religion or politics section.

5. Disturbia profile image60
    Disturbiaposted 12 years ago

I don't see anything wrong with swimming fully clothed.  Just recently after my daughter and I were finished doing some post Hurricane Irene yard clean up, it was such a hot and humid afternoon that we both jumped into the pool fully clothed. It was great!  We had fun!

6. profile image0
    Home Girlposted 12 years ago

May be we should start sleeping in bed fully clothed too! Why bother? All those civilities! How do they call it in UK? - Rubbish, I think. And wear your street boots inside the house, it's so convenient. I think we should eliminate haircuts and combing our hair too. And please no laundry. Just jump into the river fully clothed with a piece of soap and you'll be clean as a fiddle (or something else). People just don't know the real comfort. Back to nature, I am telling you big_smile

1. Disturbia profile image60
      Disturbiaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Well I don't think there's anything wrong with sleeping fully clothed.  I've certainly done that more than once myself.  What difference does it make what people wear or don't wear for that matter, just as long as it doesn't hurt anybody else. Home Girl, I kind of like your idea about jumping into the river, fully clothed with a bar of soap, that way you can take a bath and do your laundry at the same time.  I also agree with the combing and cutting of hair to be optional and a personal choice... LOL  lol   Oh oh, is my libertarianism showing?

1. Lisa HW profile image61
        Lisa HWposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Nobody would want to jump in the river near where I live, but separate issue.  I don't see what's a big deal about someone just deciding to swim with regular clothes on (and I'm among those who aren't above sleeping in my clothes either, under certain circumstances and if/when that's what works best at the time.)

One thing that may be worth mention here (even if the thread is, shall we say, on the peculiar side) is that people shouldn't let kids wear clothes in pools that have filters (especially powerful filters).

1. psycheskinner profile image83
          psycheskinnerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Basically it increases your drowning risk for no good reason.

1. Lisa HW profile image61

Of course, there's a difference between standing around in the water in a t-shirt and pair of jeans and doing "major" swimming in a business suit.  smile  So the real questions here (for anyone inclined to consider them) are:  "What is meant by 'fully clothed""? and "What kind of swimming are we talking about here?"  smile  (Also:  "Are shoes or boots involved in any the scenarios?"  smile )  (How about hats, scarves, gloves - anything like that?  Jewelry?  Pantyhose?)

7. profile image0
    Home Girlposted 12 years ago

Me and my old habits...http://www.pic4ever.com/images/159.gif

8. IzzyM profile image87
    IzzyMposted 12 years ago

Well I see the OP has had his one hub unpublished. Good.

Now if he were to try again, and explain why he has this compulsion to swim fully clothed in what many of us consider to be a cold country, he might get somewhere.

I would think it belongs under 'psychiatry' if we have such a category.

There are merits to swimming fully clothed in hot climates - not many I must admit because the clothes then have to be washed anyway, to get rid of either chlorine or normal water deposits.

But it simply not normal to swim, fully clothed, in a canal in an English town on a regular basis.

I am not surprise he was barred from his local municipal pool.

And what's with the photo anyway?

1. Karen N profile image71
      Karen Nposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Maybe it's some type of fetish?

1. psycheskinner profile image83
        psycheskinnerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

More like some kind of death wish.

2. Lisa HW profile image61

..or a cause, maybe

2. Disturbia profile image60
      Disturbiaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Ouch!  Harsh much?

9. donotfear profile image83
    donotfearposted 12 years ago

Are you a member of the Apostolic?

10. Greek One profile image64
    Greek Oneposted 12 years ago

yes.. swimming fully clothed is a wonderful experience, as is showering

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTXo6jigNT0zUDku_hmuEn2k2V-URM8T5tEijRUR5Ua3d5QmIDW

1. profile image0
      Home Girlposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hopefully, his shower is cold enough to calm his nerves.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)