Inviting feedback

Jump to Last Post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)
  1. MisaLeonessa profile image60
    MisaLeonessaposted 12 years ago

I am new to posting on hubpages and would love constructive criticism.  Thanks for taking the time and effort to give me your feedback!

1. ThunderKeys profile image64
      ThunderKeysposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You have lots to offer, very strong concepts and important experience to share.  But you need to reach more readers.

I'm not a professional Hubber, but I have got some top ranked hubs in my areas of interest with some pretty good traffic. Here are some suggestions:

1) I'd take the caps locks off on your basic content. Only bold the headings.
      2) I'd break up your paragraphs into 2 and sometimes one "chunks". I've learned that the shorter the sentence and paragraph the better. Most visitors just skim.
      3) I'd use smaller photos (you can reduce their size and even leave the top right section free for adds etc.
      4) I'd do some research on how to find "niche keywords" for your Hub-titles. You want to find actual Google keyword search terms and phrases that your target audience out there is actually typing in, but with manageable competition.
      5) Again, you have so much to offer prospective readers out there. You could really make a positive difference in the lives of others. Please, keep writing and learning about how to structure and present what you are writing.

I hope that helps and I'll be looking for more of your Hubs in the near future!
      - Duddy.

1. MisaLeonessa profile image60
        MisaLeonessaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thanks so much for your input and suggestions.  I'm not sure what you mean about breaking up paragraphs into "2 and sometimes one chunks."  Do you mean to make the paragraphs smaller?

I will try to do a google key-word search...probably something I need to learn to do anyway.

1. ThunderKeys profile image64
          ThunderKeysposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Sorry about that typo of mine. I guess I was trying to say "chunk-down" the paragraphs. http://www.copyblogger.com/scannable-content/

You'll see this chunk down technique with some amazing Hubber's and top Bloggers too. Here's 1 Top Hubber-example of chunk-down writing: 

http://markewbie.hubpages.com

I loved the simplicity and flow of  Mark Ewbie's writing and then gradually went on to learn about this 2 sentence paragraph rule.

Sometimes, it's just a 1 sentence paragraph.

It's not "proper writing," but since I've applied it my articles have really taken off. I basically went through and broke-down my paragraphs into 3 or 4 smaller chunks.

I then tried to further simplify each chunk so as not to sound like a jargon-monger. It worked.

2. ThunderKeys profile image64
    ThunderKeysposted 12 years ago

Just wanted to add:

1) Don't forget to cross link your Hubs. For example in one Hub you refer back to another.

Make sure that you add a link to your other Hubs while editing. That's the chain link icon. You click on it and it opens up.

You then copy and paste from your address bar from above your other Hub (you can also get the short link under "stats" to copy/paste).

2) Also, link to Hubs with the select links button at the top of the Hub.

3) Look for and start treads and questions related to your area of knowledge and passion. That way you'll get a high rating as an answer-er. I'd hope hubs in the same way and help others that just arrive.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)