Leaving Comments

Jump to Last Post 1-38 of 38 discussions (103 posts)
  1. profile image49
    badcompany99posted 14 years ago

Just interested in how many of you just read a hub and dont leave a comment. For me if i read something I always leave a comment but by looing at my reads I can only assume loads read but dont leave a comment. What makes you leave a comment and what makes you not bother, just curious.

1. R. Blue profile image60
      R. Blueposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Sometimes...after reading our hubs and maybe our comments....maybe they're just too embarrased ....whaddaya think??  But I really appreciate comments...means I've connected with the reader....good, bad , but hopefully not indifferent.  I even appreciate disagreeing comments.

1. trooper22 profile image61
        trooper22posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I have to agree, even the bad is good.  So far I haven't had any bad, but I am sure they will come. 

For me, It is a matter of having something to say.  If I don't have a comment that is worthy of print, I'll save my say for a later day.

1. profile image49
          badcompany99posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Damn right even the bad is good, makes the hubber see where they went wrong.

2. apeksha profile image66
      apekshaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ya agreed ..the advantage of living comment is more people can be your fans while reading those same hubs..
      I always use to drop comment when I read whole info...without reading I had never done comment..wrong comment...
      So read before u drop comment..

3. Princessa profile image82
      Princessaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Maybe about 50% of the time I don't leave a comment, it depends.  Sometimes I really enjoyed the hub but I have nothing to say, so I don't leave any comments.

4. SEM Pro profile image81
      SEM Proposted 14 years agoin reply to this

So if we have no comment from you we can assume you haven't read it BadCompany? And here I thought it was a mutual fan club...(another wink)

Seriously though, I do my best to read and leave comments for hubs my fans have written if the subject at all interests me. That may get tougher the longer I'm on here but I do believe its important to not only create relationships with those who've taken the time to read and comment and especially to become fans. Eventually if a newbie likes my work, it takes little effort to help someone else improve or show returned support and encouragement.

I haven't ever put a thumbs down - I'll leave decreasing scores to outsiders who aren't part of our community and who don't understand that a lowered score guarantees less traffic. And, as I cruise around and read, I'll leave comments for the ones that inspire me or that I feel someone has done a great job on. Only a couple times have I made a comment on 2-3 paragraphs written that added no value to anyone as far as I could tell.

Great topic - I've written a few explicitly to invite comments on a subject I'd like to discuss and...next to none but plenty of readership (?)

1. profile image0
        Janettaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I like that idea--to bring up something I saw in a thread a while back-- If you don't like one of my hubs for wahtever reason--think the writing was bad, title didn't work, whatever--I'd rather you leave me a snarky comment than a thumbs down. I'd prefer to know the reason you disliked it so much. Believe me I will appreciate and possibly reciprocate any sarcasm and take any suggestion anyone has to offer. So, repeating what so many others have said--even bad comments are good. And thumbs up are great but comments can be very helpful in improving hubs and writing technique.

1. SEM Pro profile image81

Very true Janetta - I agree. All constructive criticism or comments with a differing opinion are better than simply voting "yuck - I don't like it" which is what a thumbs down seems to mean. Could be someone doesn't like it simply because they don't agree with your opinion, or even if they think your hub sucks - why not have the courage and consideration to state why and help the person write a better one next time.

Only feedback will let a person know why or that they'd prefer to have Hubpages enhanced for us all in a different way. As authors, I'm sure we can form 'polite' words to persuade better content or care and improve this venue for all concerned rather than just copping out with a thumbs down.

1. shibashake profile image82
            shibashakeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Personally, I think that HubPages should just get rid of the thumbs-down. Frequently, it is used because the reader does not agree with the writer's view, and has nothing to do with quality of content. Sometimes, people also use it in retaliation to some disagreement in the Forums.

At the very least, only allow thumbs-down after the reader has left a comment.

5. MissJamieD profile image56
      MissJamieDposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Quality of content, length of content, too many comments already, or time restraints. Good question!

6. Cris A profile image58
      Cris Aposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I always leave a comment when I like the hub, and I don't care if it has been said already - it wasn't me.  But I don't leave one just for the sake of cool

7. profile image0
      Ana Louisposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I wonder too.  I am ashamed that I sometimes fail to leave a word of encouragement or praise because I don't think I have time to write something worthy.  I promise to change my ways from this day forward.  Thanks for the elbow in my ribs.

8. AEvans profile image71
      AEvansposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Sometimes my fingers get tired of rubbing the keys, but normally I always comment. smile

9. webismine profile image57
      webismineposted 14 years agoin reply to this

There are quite a few possible reasons, power failure for example!

10. Lifebydesign profile image64
      Lifebydesignposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Good point BC. I think comments are like the acknowledgements we give when we can see each other- like catching someone's eye in agreement, a smile. Sometimes though I just don't know what to say. But when I do comment I like to say whatever strikes me first about the hub or the writer and as much as possible I try to be truthful not just comment for the sake of it.
      But hey, the comments are just as entertaining if not more than the hub itself. And I've fanned people because of great, witty, sweet or insightful comments for example. So I'm with you BC - keep those comments coming!

2. Anna Marie Bowman profile image75
    Anna Marie Bowmanposted 14 years ago

That all depends.  Sometimes I am in a rush, and just don't have time, other times, I don't really know what to say.  Sometimes, it's just a matter of needing some time to think before I leave a comment.

1. aniketgore profile image60
      aniketgoreposted 14 years agoin reply to this

And also sometimes their are so much comments so i just move from that page.

Comments left ....like our hubs, show our personalities.....join in and show them you've been there and agree, disagree, or just appreciate the fact that they wrote a hub.  Very seldom do I not leave a comment.

3. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years ago

I only leave comments when I have something worthwhile to say. If I enjoyed the hub I always, hit the ranking button up, so the writer gets a boost, even if I didn' leave a comment.

1. Laila Rajaratnam profile image66
      Laila Rajaratnamposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Gosh..Nellie..never did know about the ranking button.Just checked it out.Thanks for the useful info!smile

2. Specificity profile image60
      Specificityposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, ditto the above.  Also, if I don't like a hub, I rarely leave a comment unless the writer somehow invited criticism of their work (some people do directly ask).

Fewer than 1% of readers comment on my hubs.

4. SweetiePie profile image83
    SweetiePieposted 14 years ago

If I do not know what to say sometimes I just do not comment.

Even a one word comment like "Interesting"....or "huh?" is appreciated. Helps guide us along the path of what our readers are thinking.

1. GeneriqueMedia profile image61
        GeneriqueMediaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well said! Half my job is to lay down a foundation and frame the house. You tell me what you like about my design, and then I'm able to bend and mold it around what you like. Together we furnish the house. wink

G|M

Well said GM

5. GeneriqueMedia profile image61
    GeneriqueMediaposted 14 years ago

I always try to comment. It makes me giddy when others do, so...I want them to know that I'm not just enjoying what they've done, I want them to keep doing. smile

G|M

6. Anna Marie Bowman profile image75

I always try to leave comments.  I don't always do it, but I try to.

7. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years ago

okay, you guys are making me feel guilty. I'll try to leave comments more often.

1. Kelsey Tallis profile image63
      Kelsey Tallisposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I know, me too! And I also like G|M's post above.

8. MarisPublication profile image58
    MarisPublicationposted 14 years ago

I always enjoy the simplicity of the subject. Posting a reply could be as simple as, great subject or to much to think about.I always enjoy reading the comments that are posted. Thanks for reminding me to post.

9. profile image49

I always try and leave a comment as I guess the writer spent time writing it and it only takes me a minute to leave a comment. Thing is we rely on hubpages and if hub is to grow then newbies need a comment. That is why the lovely AEvans is so popular, she takes that time and I think we should all perhaps make an effort to comment. Hubpages can be the biggest community on the net because the people are here, just try and leave a lil comment. Not trying to tell you what to do or be some smartass but i just think it wud enhance the site, people like writing but they also like a response. Look at the top writers like Chris A, that guy takes time for everyone, as does AE so you work it out !

10. GeneriqueMedia profile image61
    GeneriqueMediaposted 14 years ago

I thank badcompany99 for asking such a great question. smile

Nah that guy's a smartass...and a bad writer to boot...don't any of you go and read his stuff *wink*
      A true gentleman he is  even thanks his Cabin girl in so many ways.

1. profile image49

RBlue is so right, I really am such a shallow twat and my writing is bad, but hey my old gran once said honesty is the best policy so if you admit yer writing is crap then who knows crap may become the in thing. But isnt Jordan crap, isnt Beckham crap, isnt half the shit on the Movies crap, yeah it is. so why worry about yer writing you dick !

was just thinking they might enjoying a hub on Intercourse BC...and was trying reveersed sycology on them ...did it work?

2. Eaglekiwi profile image75
          Eaglekiwiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

hhahaha oh and fantastic sense of humor too I see
          Comments ,I usually leave one ,if I dont its because I get caught up reading others that I surf off on out and forget too.
          I will improve this cause yes I love it when others comment on mine

1. profile image49

Why I thank you, nice eyes you have there btw, very nice indeedy !

You all see why I can't turn my back for a minute here...this Casanova BC is trying to edge his way in with all the women.

1. frogdropping profile image76
                frogdroppingposted 14 years agoin reply to this

And there can be Only One ...

Yup. And the one is Lindsay Lohan. No, really. She was trained by Sean Connery...oh wait, that was a spoof on Robot Chicken.

1. profile image49

Yeah ands shes a Lesbian, what a waste !

2. profile image49

Lol you tell him : )

Only One sounds so.....uhhhhh.....limiting......sure you won't reconsider????

3. AEvans profile image71
          AEvansposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Badcompany99: Many of us enjoy your writing and we do not need testosterone running rampant. Keep on writing.
          R.Blue you are naughty and need to behave.smile

11. profile image0
    Janettaposted 14 years ago

Comments are always great to get and much appreciated. 9 times out of ten I try to leave a comment. Sometimes it's just a word or two, sometimes it's a paragraph, depends how I feel about the hub. The only time I don't comment is if the hub was just not that great/I didn't like it. I'd rather say something nice or nothing at all. Thankfully those hubs are few and far between as we have so many talented writers around here smile

12. Lisa HW profile image63
    Lisa HWposted 14 years ago

I may "vote" up or down, but I don't always leave comments if I don't feel I have something to add.  Some Hubs naturally "inspire" some comment, one way or another.  Others are fine Hubs but may be about something on which I, personally, don't have much to offer.  Some are strikingly well done, and I always try to find a way to "good Hub" (in words other than "good Hub").  Sometimes there may be something that I think is "debatable", and I may add a comment that make get a little debate going.  I don't vote "down" very often, but if I do I don't usually leave a comment (which may not be great, because maybe it's better to give the author some honest feedback - but if I just think a Hub is a poorly prepared one, I think a thumbs down ought to do it, and am in not a fan of "insulting" people who may have tried to create a good one).  With the well done Hubs I do lean toward trying to think up a comment, even I wasn't "naturally inspired".  Usually, there is something that strikes me about any Hub that has some substance to it.  If I see something in this thread that makes me aware I'm using a bad approach I'll change.   smile

refer to Generique medias analogy of building a house.....what you mean you don't want the toilet in the middle of the kitchen...wish you had told me.

2. RKHenry profile image62
      RKHenryposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I wrote a hub about this topic.  It's called "Comments are Welcomed."  It gives you a perspective about what comments mean to writers like myself.

Thank you for allowing me to shamelessly post my hub's name.

13. Drwibble profile image61
    Drwibbleposted 14 years ago

Hmmm, thanks badcompany99 for making me feel bad wink
    Over the last few weeks I have been reading many hubs but never added any comments. Thanks for highlighting this vital aspect of hub community which I have so far been ignoring. Also the replies to your question has also brought to my attention the thumbs up/down vote system which I somehow missed as well.

In future, I will be more conscious of adding comments to hubs I like.

1. profile image49

Its not making anyone feel bad, I am new here but I love the place but it has the ability to become so much bigger if we take time out to leave a comment, people post on here, no reply then just go. Think of the great community on here trebled, be nice, doncha think ?

14. profile image49

Lisa I so agree with you but a newbie just joining would like a comment even if its telling them what they did wrong. I have only been on here a month but I have noticed loads of newbies leaving. Ok some may so what well we need newbies, some really great members have joined in the last month or so but without comments newbies will bugger off. Long term members may not care but they will long term if the hub membership drops. Lisa even a negative comment means a lot, it shows the hubber didnt write just to be ignored.

1. profile image0

very good point. I was lucky enough to have some great hubbers show their hublove on some of my first hubs. It makes a HUGE difference, in fact I wrote a hub about it smile

15. profile image0
    Janettaposted 14 years ago

Ok, now everyone who has read without commenting, lets all go back to every previously read hub and leave a nice comment for the writer. Come now, everyone, let's go! big_smile Surely we won't overload the hubtivity...lol

BC and I welcome the overload...speaking for BC...both of him

2. profile image49

I love a cynic and obviously you didnt read a word I said !

1. profile image0

It was a joke--I DID read it, and if u look, I agreed with you.

16. Dame Scribe profile image56
    Dame Scribeposted 14 years ago

Geezz...I feel bad now too,lol ...I will leave a thumbs up behind especially when everybody else has left comments that reflect what I think too. sad Sorry to BC99 and Hubbers.

1. profile image49

Dont be silly you were here long before I was and I and people like me are reaping the rewards for what you made the site into. Hubpages is big but it can be bigger and I just think it would reward all of us in the long term.

17. frogdropping profile image76
    frogdroppingposted 14 years ago

Comments rock and silence - sucks. Personally, I say something, because I dunno, I think feedback is great, in all its forms. I also rate hubs I enjoyed reading.

I even got my first shitty comment today. I still welcomed it, simply because he took the time to write it. Maybe wasting time telling me I was shit made him miss something else far more important.

I like that idea smile

18. Dame Scribe profile image56
    Dame Scribeposted 14 years ago

I am only a itsy bitsy tiny part of the world of HP smile as we all are but our working together does make us partners wink still, the problem I have found is that I am not aware there are *newbies* other than when they ask for critiques hmm then we all run over n leave our comments and suggestions and fanship smile we really need some sort of something for newbie announcements, lol ... O..n you and we reap what you and we, sow wink that's a lot of comments I got go do hmm lol

19. lawretta profile image61
    lawrettaposted 14 years ago

I read hubs a lot but most times just don't find it necessary to comment.

20. Everyday Miracles profile image85
    Everyday Miraclesposted 14 years ago

I get frustrated when my comments get flooded out or ignored, so I'm less inclined to comment on a hub if I know I'm not going to get a response. And yes, badco, you're guilty!

I'm trying hard lately to read and comment more though!

*POKE* Consider this a notice of being noticed. smile

2. profile image49

Yes I am also guilty my friend, but I will make more of an effort !

1. Everyday Miracles profile image85
        Everyday Miraclesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It isn't a huge thing. It's the "knowing you're going to get flooded." I've done it too, and I don't always reply to comments when I don't understand them or when I can't add anything of value (a lot recently!).

G|M, heading over to your hubs now... Finally! I got to writing yesterday (go figure!).

3. Lisa HW profile image63
      Lisa HWposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I've had times when I've been "guilty" of not responding to comments, but the only reason I do that is because I think the person has said something that, sometimes, deserves to be the "last word".  I don't want always look like I have to be having that last word; and sometimes I'm torn between the basic, "thank you" and just letting their comment be that "last word" (at least at is relates to their communicating with me, and not necessarily on the whole Hub and comments).  In other words, sometimes I think I'm being particularly respectful NOT to throw in my addition "two cents" (particularly if I'm been throwing in those pennies through a lot of earlier commenting).

4. R. Blue profile image60

See!!! BadCo is a Bad Bad Bad man and owes Everyday Miracles an apology. Bad Bad Bad Man

1. profile image49

Oh shut up you fart yer really putting the boot in now lol

21. LondonGirl profile image82
    LondonGirlposted 14 years ago

Kari did a brilliant hub on this recently:

"Why I Don't Always Comment, Even When I Loved Your Hub"

http://hubpages.com/hub/Why-I-Dont-Alwa … d-Your-Hub

22. William F. Torpey profile image69
    William F. Torpeyposted 14 years ago

I comment when I have something worthwhile to add to the hub, but occasionally time is short, especially on long hubs or when there are lots of comments to read before commenting. Often I'll give a Thumbs Up anyway; however, the writer of the hub doesn't know it. I don't like just saying "good hub" without any further comment because it almost looks like spam. It would be nice, I think, to have something like the Thumbs Up so the writer could see that the reader liked the hub even though there was no comment offered.

23. Anna Marie Bowman profile image75

After reading through all of this, I feel bad for not always leaving a comment.  I promise, from this point on, to always leave a comment on every hub I read.  Good or bad, I will leave a comment.

24. packerpack profile image59
    packerpackposted 14 years ago

I make sure to leave a comment for every Hub I read. I sometimes also follow the comment I make to see if the author has posted a reply comment and if need be I reply back.

I do the same packer till sleep draws me away....any of you think I may be addicted???

1. Eaglekiwi profile image75
        Eaglekiwiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

you are not alone lol
        maybe there is a 12 step hub meet in a town near me

Hi...I'm R. Blue.....and I'm a Hubpages Addict

25. goldentoad profile image59
    goldentoadposted 14 years ago

I don't even return comment on my own hubs! I think once you've established a true relationship and respect with many writers you don't have to leave a comment, a thumbs up will do if you feel especially strong about it, but typically the best writers are confident and don't feel hurt about missing comments from fellow veteran hubbers(at least I hope they are!)

Interesting perspective Goldentoad. If not about building relationships, or connecting with those who enjoy your work and what you have to say, I'd love to know why you write.

I'm also curious if you feel that building the community of HubPages would improve readership worldwide for everyone - or not? Of course, you probably won't check back to respond - but just in case, I ask...

26. dwilliamson profile image61
    dwilliamsonposted 14 years ago

If I really enjoyed reading the hub, I will definitely leave a comment. However, if I didn't enjoy what I was reading, I just don't bother.

27. wittywriter profile image61
    wittywriterposted 14 years ago

I try to leave some kind of comment, even just out of respect for the writer. However, yesterday, I read three hubs and did not have time to leave a comment. If I really did not like the hub, I will not leave any comment. Not liking a hub maybe just my personal opinion and I would not want someone not writing just because I did not like it. I would rather not leave a comment and have the writer continue writing. However, I have only read one hub that I did not like... I generally think all hubbers try really hard and come up with some great ideas and/or information. Thank you to all you wonderful hubbers.

28. profile image49

Some really good replies in there, cheers for posting a reply.

29. Everyday Miracles profile image85
    Everyday Miraclesposted 14 years ago

I *want* CC on my poetry and fiction.

And if you're intending to leave some, maybe try reading my hub about CC before doing it, just because like any artist, I *can* be sensitive!

30. Paper Moon profile image80
    Paper Moonposted 14 years ago

I always try to think of a comment, but when I cant  "Nice Hub" seems too cliche.  I feel guilty not leaving one.  Perhaps if I am brain dead at the time I will just leave a   smile

31. shibashake profile image82
    shibashakeposted 14 years ago

I always leave a comment. In a way, it is like raising a leg and leaving a social marker behind big_smile I think it benefits everyone, even the grass.

32. Rochelle Frank profile image91
    Rochelle Frankposted 14 years ago

I can identify with a lot of the comments made here.

Yes, I do love to have comments from others on my own hubs-- and I do try to "do unto others" frequently whenever I can.
    I especially like to leave n encouraging comment for a new contributor who hasn't had much feedback.

Sometimes it is a matter of time.

Sometimes I can only think of the dreaded "good hub".

Sometimes it is a matter of there already being a lot of comments which expressed my thoughts so much better than I ever could.

Sometimes, the hub is so good (and already has a lot of positive comments) that I feel the writing, the quality, the thinking, the organization and the execution has gone totally over my head.

I do try to remember the 'up' button.
    (I will try to do better, too.)

33. profile image0
    Feline Prophetposted 14 years ago

I think what makes HP such a lively and interactive place is the comments facility. I do try to leave a comment on every hub I read, even if it is sometimes quite embarrassingly inane...the comment, not the hub!

1. Paper Moon profile image80
      Paper Moonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

FP, I especially love reading your insane comments. Muhahahaha

1. profile image0
        Feline Prophetposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Paper Moon, that's I-N-A-N-E! tongue

2. shibashake profile image82
      shibashakeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Same here. I have 2-3 hubs that account for most of my comments smile

No way! As far as cats go, you are extremely non-inane tongue

1. profile image0
        Feline Prophetposted 14 years agoin reply to this

How about as occasional humans go? big_smile

34. Janet21 profile image80
    Janet21posted 14 years ago

I try to comment as often as I can, but sometimes I am just at a loss for words.  I like to write something witty and unique, but if my mind is blank, I can't do that.  I hate just writing, "nice hub" since it is so impersonal to the hub content.  I am trying to comment more, though! 

Comments by Janet21 coming soon to a Hub near you! LOL!

35. charanjeet kaur profile image60
    charanjeet kaurposted 14 years ago

My only source of any views has been majorly hubpages. Whenver i posted a hub many view but never comment on it. I have noticed that the older hubbers recieve comments instantly the moment they post it. They sure have a strong fan base and have been wonderful writers. Things will change in course of time, i wish they left a line as like badco says it does take time to write and assemble a complete hub. Thanx badco for raising this issue, a very common problem shared by many of us.

1. profile image49

I think that reply just about covers how a newbie can land on hubpages then leave just as quickly. Personally I try to read newbies that write something I share an interest in and comment. The comment only takes me a minute but means loads to them.

1. charanjeet kaur profile image60
        charanjeet kaurposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thats the difference if there was no support system there would not be a community and we would not be sticking around. I will surely keep the good people in mind who helped me in the thick times of making the first days here memorable.

p.s:You rock in the profile pic, lol it does not change a thing about the pirate image you adorn lol. Would never have another captain in hubpages ever other than you.

1. profile image49

Why I thank you young lady, just about to start painting the upper deck but that has put a cheeky smile on moi face : )

36. profile image49
    CabinGirlposted 14 years ago

I myself love testosterone running rampant, and i love naughty comments ; )

37. DeskCoder profile image39
    DeskCoderposted 14 years ago

The only people who leave comments on my hubs are ones leaving links to their hubs.

I must not be a good writer.

38. Pete Maida profile image60
    Pete Maidaposted 14 years ago

I try to leave a comment every time I read a hub.  I think we can all use feedback on our writing.  This may be tough during this challenge period but I will comment as much as I can.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)