Is the WP pushing for Romney?

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (11 posts)
  1. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 12 years ago

The Washington Post seems to be encouraging GOP primary voters to support Romney. Not exactly a "right-wing rag," the Post endorsed Obama for POTUS. I found this article reasonable and pretty much on the mark.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/ … story.html

1. Quilligrapher profile image72
      Quilligrapherposted 12 years agoin reply to this

@habee
      A solid viewpoint.  Thanks for sharing the link.

2. livelonger profile image86
    livelongerposted 12 years ago

I think Romney and Huntsman are the least scary among the GOP options, speaking as a Democrat. Since the establishment is giving Romney his "turn", I think you'll eventually see the entire right-wing machine (Fox News, Wall Street Journal, etc.) start crapping all over the TP candidates like Perry and Bachmann fairly soon.

1. Mighty Mom profile image78
      Mighty Momposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Meanwhile, we get to watch both of those candidates crap all over themselves.

3. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 12 years ago

Romney is useless. Just look at what he did to Mass. lol Put this idiot on a larger platform and you'll really screw up America even worse than Obama is now. Not that America has much further to go. lol Romney would just finish off what the last half dozen Presidents have done. lol

That's right, Cags!!

You lived through the Romney regime in the Great Commonwealth.
      HOW BAD WAS HE???

Is there another GOP candidate you prefer???

1. Cagsil profile image70
        Cagsilposted 12 years agoin reply to this

People were FORCED to buy healthcare. How bad do you think it is? My mother was forced to buy her own health insurance, due to the company she worked for for 30+ years decided to increase the requirement(# of hours worked) to get health insurance coverage.

My mother was a full timer worker who cut down to part-time work. She worked just enough hours to qualify for insurance through work, until they raised the number of hours required to get it. Since she was unable to increase her hours, she was forced to buy health insurance, which is more expensive than what she was paying at work.

At least, when she was paying for it via her paycheck, it didn't have to come in one-lump sums. Not to mention, since her cut back in hours, the gas bill and electric bill in our apartment has risen and to top that off, our rent has gone up twice in the last two years. So between the two of us, living in the same apartment, we are barely getting by. We barely have food in the apartment and are scraping to be able to grocery shop.

I've seen an increasing number of homeless in my area, which was a pretty middle class neighborhood, when I moved in 20 years ago. Now, I've seen plenty of small businesses come and go. I've seen the crime rate in my area rise, constantly hearing police and fire trucks blaring, off to the races somewhere, which wasn't anything like in the past years I've lived here.

It's ridiculous.

Wow, friend.
          I'm really sorry to hear that.
          Totally understand your frustration with how things are these days.
          Tougher all the way around -- at least for many of us.

Your mom's story is EXACTLY the reason I do not like to see health insurance tied to employment. I am really shocked when I see conservatives who don't agree that having to pay employee health premiums (even when employees contribute) is a drag on the employer. Yes, it may serve as a recruiting tool, but smaller employers who don't have a lot of employees or who are just starting out are at a big disadvantage in purchasing health insurance.
          Not to mention the havoc wreaked by our high unemployment rate. People who used to rely on their employer-provided HC now are having to fend for themselves.
          It's not right.
          Wouldn't companies do better without the HC albatross around their necks??? roll

I wish you well and hope your financial situation improves.
          MM

1. Cagsil profile image70

I'm presently working on it, with that which I do here on HP. I've not really gotten the hang of things with online writing, but am working on it.

The only way my mother's financial situation can improve is if my financial situation improves, otherwise, it can only get worse. Worse, is homeless, which is the next step, if things don't improve.

2. Cagsil profile image70

I would prefer that every single upper level politician to be expelled from office, just out-right kicked out on their collective a$$...ALL of them.

Then, I would prefer to see each state promote more reliable, newer people, who just watched as the people used their power to expel all others, so that they know, if things do not change, then change will come again.

Presently, I'm not up-to-date on the Candidates of each party and with good reason, because I'm of the understanding that none of them are willing to break the status quo already in place, which is why ALL must go.

4. Mighty Mom profile image78
    Mighty Momposted 12 years ago

This is a very reasonable argument.
    Except the last line. I honestly can't imagine ANYONE -- even in the GOP -- LOVING Rick Perry! lol

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)