If you write a hub that is against Obama it start with a lower ranking

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (61 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Nick Lucasposted 12 years ago

I have noticed that hubs I write about Mr. Obama, that are not positive, start with a lower score or ranking.  I have also noticed that ones people write claiming Obama is great and has done a lot for the nation start out with a high score.  Even though the ones I write that start off in the 40's end up in the 70's and 80's I find it weird.  Maybe I should start an obamawatch.com site.......in contrast to his attackwatch.com haha

1. lady_love158 profile image59
      lady_love158posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Welcome to Hubpages or liberal land where conservatives are harrassed for their views, but hey, it's their web site they don't have to be fair.

1. profile image0
        Nick Lucasposted 12 years agoin reply to this

true.....I like my idea of creating an identical looking site to attackwatch.....called something like obama watch or obama report and just allow conservatives to write or refute what he says lol

1. Ms Dee profile image85
          Ms Deeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Let us know if you start one. I'd find that a relief to engage in. big_smile

1. profile image0

excellent....if I can get enough people to contribute I will......thank you!!!

2. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image81
          Wesman Todd Shawposted 12 years agoin reply to this

"Lady Love's " statement is absolutely false - content about Obama is all over the place here and everywhere.

ORIGINAL content is what scores high.  If you write about politics - then you'd best be damned good at it, as everyone writes about politics.  Hubpages software can tell from the title and the content how original or unique something is - and anything about Obama is going to be neither original or unique.

2. SimeyC profile image87
        SimeyCposted 12 years agoin reply to this

ladylove: be fair - it's not Hubpages who argue with you - they stay out and staty objective by allowing all political forum entries to stay - it's other members of Hubpages that argue...

1. lady_love158 profile image59
          lady_love158posted 12 years agoin reply to this

I'm not talking about "arguing". This is a forum, it's very purpose is debate and that's why I come here. It helps me to strengthen my arguments and understand the opposition as well as improve my understanding of my own arguments.

2. profile image0

liberals like on here bring a whole new meaning to "arguing with idiots"

1. recommend1 profile image60
            recommend1posted 12 years agoin reply to this

At least most of the Liberals in these threads seem to be able to put together a coherent sentence.  And I think the Liberals here are really nice to spend their time arguing with you, despite your handicaps, and despite your friends.

1. profile image0

ok my communist friend from china...why dont you go back to praising your gov and eating cats and dogs lol

1. John Holden profile image61
                John Holdenposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Oh what witty repartee!

Bet it took you hours to think that one up!

1. profile image0

I will say it again.....you are from the UK and he is from China.......in my world and in the USA you both count for zero....worry about your own countries as they have plenty of problems

1. Cardisa profile image88
                    Cardisaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Nick, I doubt that the content of the hub has anything to do with the score. When you start a hub the starting score is dependent on the title you give it.  HP has a way of scoring the title against others with similar titles. Unusual sounding titles get a higher score than regular sounding titles.

To prove this. Title your hub and save as unpublished before putting any content in and see the score. I often delete hubs and restart with another title to get a higher score. You can edit the title but somehow it doesn't have the same impact.

2. John Holden profile image61

Remind me of the thread title, doesn't it go something like
                    "If you write a hub that is against Obama it start with a lower ranking"?

2. recommend1 profile image60

Just because I live in China it does not mean I am Communist, or even Chinese - any more than you having suffered an American college education means that you are an idiot.  However in my case being a UK citizen who happens to be living in China is to my advantage, while you seem determined to prove by your comments that you indeed have suffered an American college education.

1. Randy Godwin profile image61
                  Randy Godwinposted 12 years agoin reply to this

He fails to take in consideration someone might work in another country, Reco!  He's probably from Florida or Texas, I would wager.  You know, Palin country!lol

I thought Palin was Alaska ?   Or has she escaped to a warmer climate ?  The other Alaskan is here working with me, he is a big guy who hauls logs for fun it appears - I don't think he would appreciate being called a commie either big_smile

2. Wizard Of Whimsy profile image59
              Wizard Of Whimsyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

That's the truth!

2. SimeyC profile image87

LOL I think you find it has nothing to do with the topic - what you'll notice is that if you don't publish your hub straight way it will begin to score higher.

Taking your logic one step further -

I wrote a hub about Guinness a year ago - that started with a score of about 70. Yesterday I wrote a hub about Knickerbocker Glories (English Desssert) - this started off about 45 - obviously Hubpages love the Irish more than the English!

If Hubpages was biased then the 6 million forum entries telling us how stupid Obama was would disappear....

1. John Holden profile image61

Nah Simey, that doesn't beat a good conspiracy theory.

1. I am DB Cooper profile image64
          I am DB Cooperposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Are you saying Hubpages doesn't hire a person to move the meaningless number up and down to make Obama look more favorable to the zero people (other than Nick Lucas and Lady Love) who are paying attention to such a thing?

2. profile image0

"if you don't publish your hub straight way it will begin to score higher." what does this mean?

1. SimeyC profile image87

I have about a dozen unpublished hubs. They all started with a hubscore of around 45-50 - now after about a month or so they are all 55+  - the longer they stay unpublished the higher they get - I've had some hubs I've published with a score of over seventy. It seems that they acquire hubscore unpublished too - as long as there is content in them!

1. profile image0

ok thank you! I wasnt suggesting a conspiracy by hubpages as mr. holden above suggest....just curious and noticed a weird thing

3. recommend1 profile image60

Your anti-Obama rant hubs probably trip the Google bu!!@hit detector - plus the lack of a credible source, never mind the quality ?

1. profile image0

I write very well, thank you and have sources! I can write better than the non english speaking google staff......during grad school I had to write 10k word papers every week and graduated with a 3.78

Well I guess it would require knowing which grad school and whether they gave marks for quantity over quality to know the truth of that, but I can believe you graduated from an American grad school from my quick look at your stuff.

1. profile image0

Look, I asked a simple question so lets not turn this into a debate or an argument

2. profile image0

besides Obama is the number one source for bulls***.......if you do not have blinders on you can see how badly he has and is screwing our country up...so all you need to do is quote the great one

As I read the normal news, he is in an impossible situation with a country in deep debt and an irrecoverable economy, and the right wing with enough power to stop him doing anything about it.  I guess watching your country go down the toilet in favour of some transient political positioning is ok for the mis-educated parts of the US.

1. profile image0

ok you live in China so your opinion really doesnt matter lol

I think my opinion is taken far more seriously by many more people than yours, old boy big_smile

1. Hollie Thomas profile image60
                Hollie Thomasposted 12 years agoin reply to this

+1

2. John Holden profile image61

But like you he is a contributor to Hub Pages.

4. Ralph Deeds profile image65
      Ralph Deedsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Don't be paranoid. Every hub I've written, no matter what the topic, started out with a low rating, typically in the 50s. If it gets traffic and comments, it moves up gradually.

5. psycheskinner profile image84
      psycheskinnerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Nice paranoia there.  The starting rank is automated and the same for everyone.

6. Greek One profile image63
      Greek Oneposted 12 years agoin reply to this

only natural.. if you run a Presidential candidate against Obama, you will end up with less votes too

7. smcopywrite profile image61
      smcopywriteposted 12 years agoin reply to this

your negative obama information could be ranking low because there is more negative obama info on the web than pro obama. i am not sure what goes into ranking hubs and how its calculated, but i am sure it is connected to search engine ranking and other information on the web besides our hubs.

2. jdavis88 profile image90
    jdavis88posted 12 years ago

LoL.. dont let those two get you riled up Lucas...  Recommend1 only has 4 hubs, not a hub guru by a long shot.  And although mr DBcooper has plenty of hubs, he is not alive anymore after dying in his risky plane jump... unless he would like to prove his identity to the FBI??  lol  After all, they are correct. Who would pay attention to negative hubs about President Obama?   9.1% employment, no jobs created, trillions in debt..  I can't understand why you would criticize him myself.

1. profile image0

LOL thank you!!!!

3. mesacleanpools profile image61
    mesacleanpoolsposted 12 years ago

This is actually pretty funny. I'm not a fan of obama but If i owned a website, I would probably add value to the negative articles. Can't have it both ways.

Props to hubpages algorithm creators.

4. Ron Montgomery profile image60
    Ron Montgomeryposted 12 years ago

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_i3BEwGaogCI/TPAk8MqZCzI/AAAAAAAAACQ/zk5uuD3pu_8/s1600/crying-man-703805.jpg

Why are conservatives always being persecuted? We're just trying to make this country better by shoveling more and more money to billionaires and taking more from the poor and middle class.  It's not our fault anyhow, we're just doing what we're being programmed to do.

Why does HubPages hate us so much?  Why can't we get a pass on our crappy hubs?  Why can't we get extra credit for blindly following our tele-leaders?

It's not fair I tells ya'.  It's crap like this that makes us drop out of high school.  I'm gonna go snuggle up with my guns and hope tomorrow's a better day.

1. wilderness profile image94
      wildernessposted 12 years agoin reply to this

lol

2. Wizard Of Whimsy profile image59
      Wizard Of Whimsyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Love it, Ron!

http://home.comcast.net/~wizardofwhimsy/betsywetsyboehner.jpg

5. 2uesday profile image66
    2uesdayposted 12 years ago

Maybe it (the Hubscore) is a simple case of not having a search engine friendly title? Of course that is idle speculation as - how hubscores are set is a mystery to me, but not a conspiracy theory.

But then I am probably not allowed an opinion according to the OP because I am one of the HubPage writers that live in the UK.

1. profile image0

I apologized to those I down played their opinion because they as you do live outside the US.

6. 2uesday profile image66
    2uesdayposted 12 years ago

Hi Nick thanks, its OK,  I am not in this forum very often anyway as UK politics is difficult enough to follow without trying to comprehend what is happening in the USA. smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)