I am Brand New Here

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (15 posts)
  1. FelineArtist profile image59
    FelineArtistposted 12 years ago

Dear HUB friends..

I just joined and I have NO idea how  orient  myself here  or to post, upload art etc..

I am interested in ALL but especially The ART Pages as I am an  artist..

If I want to upload my art,  do I do it on my profile or do I go to the ART Design  part etc..

Please Help this  older  HUBER..

Thank you all for reading this  request..

Hugs from,
    Feline Artist and Cats.. xxxx

1. Hollie Thomas profile image59
      Hollie Thomasposted 12 years agoin reply to this

On the top right hand side of any page you are on in Hubpages, you'll see start a new hub highlighted in yellow, click on that and it will take you to another screen, you'll be prompted through. Good luck and welcome:)

2. Jacob_Jube profile image58
      Jacob_Jubeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Create a new hubpage - http://hubpages.com/hubtool/create/name/

Select the right titles (which describe your work perfectly) ...

Enrich your hub with different photos, poll and original contents.

This is quite easy ... just go step by step.

2. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 12 years ago

Your art would be in form of photos, which can be uploaded.

You would create a hub, insert content, such as words and photos. And, make sure that you put your hub in the category of art.

Do check out the FAQ's page and visit the Learning Center for more information.

http://hubpages.com/faq/

http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/contents

3. Laura du Toit profile image76
    Laura du Toitposted 12 years ago

Welcome! I would advise you to first look at the layout of other "older" Hubbers hubs on similar topics to get a general feel of the layout of Art Hubs. smile

4. PaulaHenry1 profile image66
    PaulaHenry1posted 12 years ago

Welcome to HubPages!!!! I hope you find it useful and well worth your efforts. Cant wait to see your art!

5. Mighty Mom profile image77
    Mighty Momposted 12 years ago

Ditto what's been said already.
    Read through FAQ.
    Browse through other "Art" related hubs to get a sense of what other people are doing with their artwork.
    Writing a "hub" is like writing an article. You can futz around with it until you get the hang of how all the "capsules" work.
    Publish when you're ready -- you can always edit later.
    Like the Nike slogan says: JUST DO IT!
    Good luck and welcome, welcome, welcome.
    Hub Pages rocks!
    MM

FelineArtistposted 12 years agoin reply to this

HUGE thank you to ALL here who so warmly replied to my questions etc..
      I think you are all so lovely and I am going to be happy here..

HUGS to ALL here ..
      From,
      Lillyana and cats..
      (I am owned by two charming cats)..

6. sofs profile image76
    sofsposted 12 years ago

Welcome to hubpages Feline artist smile You have enough good advice there so I am not going to add on .. enjoy yourself here..you'll find this community awesome!!

7. paradigmsearch profile image60
    paradigmsearchposted 12 years ago

Curious, how am i doing?

1. sofs profile image76
      sofsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

LOL  as good as always lol smile lol

8. joseph merlin profile image41
    joseph merlinposted 12 years ago

Welcome to HubPages we will waiting for your great arts.

One more Art master joined us.

Good Luck and Enjoy HP

9. wheelinallover profile image75
    wheelinalloverposted 12 years ago

A picture is worth a thousand words except to search engines. With them content is still king. I for one would be interested in finding out who you are as a person and why you choose the subject of your art.

If you don't believe you are as good of a writer as an artist don't worry. When I first came here my hubs were garbage. Thanks to the people of hub pages, first not putting me down, then showing me how to do better I can now write an interesting hub.

I was not raised speaking English. A nine year memory loss and retraining in only English in ways has caused many problems. When my memory partially returned the original two languages did not. The thought processes have returned to non English but I can no longer speak those languages. This makes me feel my English is backwards.

In spite of this I write constantly. I am the CEO of a corporation and most of my writing now has to do with keeping it growing. I do take some time on the weekends to rebuild my strength for another week.

Good luck to you and looking forward to seeing your hubs.

FelineArtistposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Again HUGE thank you ALL..
      I feel wellcome now.. And as soon as I work out how to post art I will..

I am just single  woman in my fifties, I am not famous  I am just an oridnary soul   living my life  in Melbourne in Australia , and I share my life  with two charming cats..

I have been drawing and painting since I was a tiny girl, (so my mum told me),  I came from family of artists..

My Aunty who is not 87 still paints her beloved landscapes..

I can also do that but I LOVE Portraits  both human and animal kind..

Sometimes I get small commissions otherwise, I paint for myself first and if my art is liked excellent if not no big deal..

Thank you ALL for your kind warm words to this I am   not so good at internet ..

I will learn fast,  thank god I have NO Technophobia..
      Cheers from,
      Feline artist and cats.. xxxxx

10. wheelinallover profile image75
    wheelinalloverposted 12 years ago

Feline artist, if you have photographs of your art on your computer my best advice is go to "start a new hub", and start pressing buttons. If you add something you don't need hit the "X" and it will go away. The easier way is hit the button on the right that says add photo's.

This used to be real fast but no longer. If you wait a while the picture will upload. You can then choose your size in the box below where the photo thumbnail is. Google will pick up anything you write in the box next to the thumbnail which will go above and or below the photo.

This is where you want to use your keywords. In case you don't know keywords are what others will use to find your work. Google Ad words is a good place to find out what words to use. Just type Google ad words in your search box. If something is searched a million or more times a month it's probably not a good idea to use it. My niche has over five million websites with similar information. Again not a good idea to use those words because people won't find you.

If this happens keep changing words until you find something with less competition. People "who know" recommend no more than 40,000. Hopefully you will understand this once your on the site.

I know it sounds daunting, but if I can do it anyone can. 

I am an amateur photographer so have gone through this getting my photo's on my hubs and websites. I am in my late fifties and have learned most of what I know in one year and one month. I am earning a little on hub pages but much more from my corporation.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)