Change the Position of "Refreshing"

Jump to Last Post 1-3 of 3 discussions (11 posts)
  1. mymagicview profile image63
    mymagicviewposted 12 years ago

In the editing mode of Hub, when you try to add some suggested tags, it becomes irritating because of that "Refreshing" status. When I add one tag, "Refreshing" status comes, and that status interrupts me for a moment from adding another suggested tag. I can't add suggested tags quickly with just few clicks, as I have to wait every time to disappear that "Refreshing" status. There is no any need of "Refreshing" or if it is necessary, please bring it below "tags" section, so it will not interrupt while adding tags quickly.

2. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 12 years ago

Changing it's location isn't going to change the fact that the page is going to refresh.

Btw- the suggestion tags are not always helpful. It's best to use researched keywords. The suggestion tags are just that a suggestion based on what's written. It doesn't mean they are valued.

mymagicviewposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It's not about suggested tags are helpful or not! It's about that "Refreshing" status. I am not saying page should not "Refresh". It should "Refresh", but that status of "Refreshing" must be somewhere else or hidden. Even though you add your own tags, that "Refreshing" status interrupts you from adding another tag quickly. Try it out yourself and then you will get the better idea of what I am exactly saying! Thanks!

1. Cagsil profile image70
        Cagsilposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I already know what you are talking about. And, it still doesn't change what I said. Do try to read the context of what I said, instead of reading what you want to read.

It would make no difference if they changed the location or even made it hidden. You would be forced to wait until the page resets before adding more keywords/tags, regardless. And, btw- if your in that much of a hurry? then you have bigger issues to worry about than just waiting a second or two.

Friend! I am using Hubpages from over 2 years and wrote more than 100 Hubs. I know Hubpages very well! This issue of "Refreshing" status is recent. Few months before I can add tags quickly and now I am not able to do it. This problem is recent.

And btw. what's your problem? I am in hurry or not, what you have to do with it? I am reporting this problem to Hubpages team. They may ignore this thread! Why you are behaving like I am asking you to correct it. If you don't know anything, why don't you just ignore this thread?

1. Cagsil profile image70

My behavior isn't the issue so don't try making it the issue. The fact that something was changed and because YOU don't like the change, you've come to the forums to complain about it. This is obvious, and I also don't give a damn how long you've been here, considering I'm about to reach my 2 year anniversary.

I know what was changed, but unlike you, I don't have a problem with adapting to change. So, get real.

Secondly, it's a public forum and I will go and say what I damn well choose. If you don't like, then you know what you can do? If not, use your imagination.

It still doesn't change the fact that the change was made for some reason and when changes are made, NOT EVERYONE is told why the changes were made. So get over yourself would you.

"Report a Problem or Suggest a New Feature" This is the topic of this forum! So it is about problem and suggestion! I faced problem and giving suggestion! It's just like that! Simple!

3. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 12 years ago

His point is that you can't modify a page while it refreshes, so you just have to wait.

I know that and so I am suggesting about the same to Hubpages team. or it is like that.. "you can't and finish!" It's just a suggestion. I already know that, now I can't do this, I have to wait. But, I also know that, I had been doing it from last 2 years! So, it is impossible!? It may be possible! Hubpages team may do something about it or ignore it, I am doing my work and giving them a suggestion.

2. Cagsil profile image70

That's understood Psyche. However, it's a one second wait time? Two seconds tops? roll

One second or two seconds per tag! And there are thousands of people writing thousands of hubs! adding millions of tags! Those are from our lifetime. And I am not forcing someone to do it. It's just a suggestion.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)