Calling all Atheists! Bring your flimsey case to this court.

Jump to Last Post 1-38 of 38 discussions (294 posts)
  1. WD Curry 111 profile image57
    WD Curry 111posted 12 years ago

Call to all atheists! I have locked horns with a few of you already. I am brand new to Hub Pages, but you are out of line to call me a newbie. I worked on the first generation of graphic computers. They weren’t even available to the public yet. I worked for a government subsidized electronics corporation that invented the micro-chip. Don’t kid yourself . . .  theJapanese ripped it off. I was the technical/graphic artist that drew up all of the cell phone antennas that you see all over the world and other stuff I shouldn’t talk about. You terrorists are welcome . . . sorry about your luck! We communicated via a new-fangled thing that wasn’t even called the World Wide Web yet. As a matter of fact, failure to update resulted in the wiki-leaks fiasco.

Here’s my business with you atheists. I come from a military family. We moved a lot. Early on I attended school on base. It was idyllic. When I grew older I had to go to school in town. I was always the new kid and townies were a trip, but not always. Florida was cool. Everyone was from somewhere else. Some towns were tough. The locals gave me a hard time. I wasn’t wearing the right clothes, aware of local customs, or savvy about the lingo, but I wasn’t the dolt.
    The first time I encountered opposition, it was devastating. There was a central bully and an entourage who succeeded in intimidating me. I refused to go to school. I confided to my Dad that they were ganging up on me. My Dad, a fighter pilot, told me to look the biggest one in the eye and say, “I’ll take all of you on one at a time, starting with you!” When I came home the next day, my Dad asked, “What happened to you?!”

I said, “Bad advice, Dad.” That’s when he started teaching me how to fight.
    Eventually, when I got to a new town, I just jumped on the first kid that crossed me and beat the tar out of him . . . “That new kid fights dirty!” . . . they didn’t know about mixed martial arts back then. They wanted to slug it out toe to toe.

Since then, I have learned, “The pen is mightier than the sword.” I have only been on Hub Pages for a few days and I am already sick of you who disrupt honest threads with your boorish nonsense. Leave the sweet people alone and bring your flimsy case to this court. You are blathering about what it means to be a hubber, but you aren’t representative. You are the lunatic fringe. Take off your glasses and roll up your sleeves.

1. Evolution Guy profile image58
      Evolution Guyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yeah - Ida kicked the crap out a ya.

Like wot Jeebus sed innit.

lol lol lol

How brave u r. lol

WD Curry 111posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Talk Is cheap! You are talking past tense. How about now! My number is on my profile. Let's set it up. Watch out, I am left handed And I am as quick as a rattle snake. In your case, there is only one anti-venom. That's right, I'll have to pray for you to come back to life. For your sake, I hope it works.

2. WD Curry 111 profile image57

Some thing just came up warning me about commercial promotions because I was knocking these demon possessed programs. Get a user friendly one and shut your mouth. You are still in the stone age. When is the debate going to begin. I suppose all of the serious demons are busy convincing gullible young jihadists (sp I am borderline dyslexic) to blow themselves up and kill some Jews. That is the only way they will ever get laid! Like I said, sorry about your luck! That won't even work, fool. God is Love! He doesn't want you to kill anyone. I apologize for my countrymen. Forgive us for killing civilians, but you won't come out and fight like a mam We have to come in after you.

Wow I was trying to correct my lowsy spelling and this thing cane up. Too bad you don't use good prog=rams! in this town.

3. WD Curry 111 profile image57

Why did this poop up when I was trying to communicate with someone up there? Quarky roof-fall turd press!

4. Dave Mathews profile image61
        Dave Mathewsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Evolution: You're really brave to call someone out knowing there is no chance for a face to face confrontation. Fave to face you'd run for cover and everyone knows it.

Dave, I love you. Did you know in Nova Scotia, they just jump in a rowboat, go out about 100 yards and catch huge Cod. The say, "let's go get some Chickens!" Years ago we never got cod down here, but now it is flown in everyday. Imagine impoting Fish to Florida where we have the best fishing in the world and I am one of the best at catching them.

I just wanted to turn the tables on them with a role playing game. They don't seem to have anything that resembles an arguement yet! Love in Christ, my brother save your breath. I got it handled. AEveryone is unfollowing me though. this is a trip!

2. profile image57
      laptop-coolerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Whats this got to do with atheism?

State yoour case.prove that God doesn't exist. You have no Juice! You are asking questions when you should be backing up your untenable position. Proof positive that you don't know what is going on at all. When you challenge the baby christians to prove that God exists, they go on for hours. You haven't even gone for three  seconds. You have built your house on sand, no air. There is nothing to atheism it is garbage!

1. melbel profile image94
          melbelposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I don't know what's really going on here. I come in here to see that the OP is apparently angry about something else that happened on the forums... I'm guessing a personal attack of some sort. But it's things like the above quote that really pushes me away from having a positive debate with someone.

Personally I don't believe in god, but I don't go around telling religious people that they are wrong. If you want people to respect your beliefs, you have to respect other people's beliefs (or lack thereof.)

Generally speaking I avoid the religion and politics forums like the plague, but this thread caught my eye. I guess the moral is, don't sling mud if you don't want to dirty your clothes... or the whole glass house, throwing rocks adage.

State your case.Prove God does not exist dimwit!

1. wilderness profile image93
          wildernessposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It is very difficult to prove the nonexistence of something; it requires an understand of logic that few believers have any experience with.

Perhaps you could provide me with a proof that the Flying Spaghetti Moster God does not exist - that would give me information on what logic you DO understand.

Or alternatively you could provide proof of Gods existence. To prove the existence of a thing is relatively easy; just produce it and it ends any debate about its nonexistence.

1. Paul Wingert profile image60
            Paul Wingertposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Here's the situation with this topic of calling athiests to bring in their flimsey case. Science versus the stories in the Bible. Psysical evidence versus myth. The minds of Stephen Hawkens and other physicists versus writers 2000-4000 years ago. This so called "flimsey" case has been proven over and over again. Where's the Biblical flimsey case to prove otherwise?  The story of a god created the world in six days which included a gardens and a talking snake isn't going to cut it!

Good points. There is a problem with science. We tend to believe theories as if they were proven by the scientific method that the proponents of reasonable theory adhere to. Example. Was the Great Ice Age the result of randomly changing orbits of earth and other planets . . .  meteoric and volcanic activity blocked out the sun with dirt and debris as indicated by a thin layer of iridium that may be found almost anywhere on earth . . . God touched it with his pinkie toe? There is just as much evidence to back up (disqualify) any of the three. This will never change.

The non-existance of God theory will not stand up in court. Besides, I am an eye witness to the contrary.

1. Knight6 profile image63
                Knight6posted 12 years agoin reply to this

if you could would you explain the statement "The non-existance of God theory will not stand up in court. Besides, I am an eye witness to the contrary."
                mainly the eye witness part.......

at first i thought you were out to stir it up which you did but there is more to your statements when i view between the lines cant put my finger on it but.............it will come to me you interest me and i will be following your hubs there is more here............

I came to do a job and some immature, drive by quippers started up with me. I invited them to bring it here, instead of disrupting peaceful people with insults. You, being a knight should understand. It is part of your duty to keep the roads clear for innocent pilgrims. I think of Jaques DeMolay and the Knights Templar.

I know God. He came and got me when I was lost. I heard him knocking at the door. It was counter intuitive, but I opened the door.

I would like to know God better. The Sioux called the Great Spirit Wankan-Tanka (holy father provider). The Bible says God has a name that only he knows. I want to know God by that name. We all know this spirit is the mono-pole and the expansive universe, yet we say we are without such a presence. It is like a fly on a great Sequoya. He says, This thing has not moved in my lifetime, it must not be alive."

2. profile image0
          wongomowaleposted 12 years agoin reply to this

That would be like me asking you to prove Batman doesn't exist. You can't disprove something that has never been proven.

Yea! But . . . batman does exist. I saw him on a movie. There is more to that than what you base your prcarius life on. Tel your daddy to send some big boys, I am tired of these mini-minions.

dAMN< bRO THE BEST THAT SATAN CAN DO IS FOOL WITH THE PROGRAM! i HAVE SAID 8 TIMES. i SS THIS THE BEST YOU CAN BRING ME? the it don't go through! Bring me a bigger, more3 experienced demon smut face! .Am I a Dum asp becuz the programsks?

4. WD Curry 111 profile image57

This is a trip! I have answered this brfore! Hub Page team I need to talk to you about setting up abetter swystem, Do'nt get me wrong. I like the gig!

3. A Troubled Man profile image58
      A Troubled Manposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Did you invent sliced bread and widgets, too? lol

What a nice guy, certainly not a dolt. smile

Are3 you so deluded that you think this is a good come-back. Send Back to headquarters and bting me a bigger, more experiened demon!

Thanks! Butter lips.Give me a follow!

Trouble
        Like the man said, what does this have to do wiyh atheism.

4. Quilligrapher profile image74
      Quilligrapherposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Welcome to Hubpages, Mr.Curry.  I found you’re OP statement interesting though a bit egocentric, but that’s okay.  Aren’t we all at one time or another.

So, you’re an Air Force brat who rolled into hubpages two days ago.  It’s nice to meet you. Instead of cruising around for a while and pretending to be a native, you set up on a corner along our main street and announce you’re ready to pick a fight with anyone of us who disagrees with your particular view point about God’s existence.  How unfriendly is that! I bet you even think you have this God thing nailed. Actually, you’re probably a nice person in spite of your bombastic introduction.  I’m sure your views about God are interesting but I suggest you be a little patient instead of trying to beat hell and damnation into others who might not share your particular perspective about God’s existence.

I hope you’re planning to become a long standing and respected member of our community. Now that would be nice!

You don't even know what my point of view is! What happens when we ASs-u-me3

1. Quilligrapher profile image74

Good Afternoon, Mr. Curry. 

You must have noticed that my post above had nothing to do with your point of view and everything to do with the arrogance in your OP statement.  Of course, in the end, your are welcome to live with both. I sincerely hope you and your ego enjoy the battle, warrior. But you will not convert anyone here. This forum has already heard it all.  Of course, unless you're a sock puppet, you wouldn't know that being here only three days.

Have a pleasant day, Mr. Curry. You would have made a glorious gladiator.

Quilligrapher. You a townie.You know, the narrow minde jerks that can't stand even perceived cometition. You don't know the Lord, this isn't fair. Call me an Air Force brat and intimidate me? Those days are over. Where is your Arguement. I got a joke for you,

There were three men in a bar in Florida. A Texan, a New Yorker and a Florida "Cracker" (local) The Texan ordered a round. When all glasses were empty he threw his against the wall, "In Texas, we have so much oil that we never drink out of the same glass twice." The NYer ordered a bottle and poured a round. When glasses were empty, he threw the bottle against the wall, "In NY we have so much  money, we never drink out of the same bottle twice." The Cracker ordered a round of beers. When the glasses were empty, he pulled out a 380 pistol and shot the NYer, He turned  to the stunned Texan, "In Florida, we have so many Yankees, we never drink with the same one twice."   

You can get good Pizza in Florida . . It all says authentic N.Y.Pizza on the sign. I would rather have a BBQ sandwich from Charley and Jakes.

Oh by the way, you didn't say a word about how God doesn't exist. I know he does, because I saw a sunrise in Satellite Beach, Fl. Pure Ocean TV films one almost every morning. Warm water and good waves, Eat your heart out. Take a trip down I 95 and turn left at Sebastion Inlet.

5. profile image0
      Stevennix2001posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Wow, it sounds like you have a lot of experience with computers, and various other technical stuff.  Although, I think the term "terrorist" is a bit extreme. 

No offense, what does this story have to do with your problem with atheists?  Look, it's a great story, and I think it's great that you managed to stick up for yourself, as I think you should probably write a hub on that.

Well unlike most hubbers here that have responded, I don't think your post was designed to be a wannabe bully or anything, but I do think your arguments here are rather vague.  You basically told everyone that you're tired of the atheists in this forum, as you view them as bullies, but you won't say why that is.  Plus, you tell us your life story that has nothing to do with this topic, so what's the point? Look, I'm not here to defend anyone, but I am saying that if you want to open up a thread like this that causes harsh debate, then you're going to need a lot more valid reasons to back up your claims than you are saying now.  Perhaps some examples would help.  Just saying.  Anyway, welcome to hubpages.

Do you think this makes sense? You don't get the drift. but you are babbling on like you are accomplishing something. Sad!

1. profile image0

Okay...what exactly are you talking about?  all i was doing was giving you free advice, and you say this to me?  Gee, I'm not sure if I should be insulted by this, or pity you. hmm

Steve, I am not soliciting advice, I am soliciting a challenge to your ridiculous assumption that God  does not exist. Don't be a fool.

1. earnestshub profile image80
              earnestshubposted 12 years agoin reply to this

There are no gods WD, no need for a god, no evidence of a god, lots of bulldust about gods. smile

I'll fight for your right to believe that way. I am an American.

I have no problem with that, I'll fight for my rights as well. smile

2. profile image0

Another point that I would like to cite is that I have actually defended some religious people in forums, whenever some atheists did attack them personally.  However, once I learned that all the arguments that atheists and christians have seem to always go around in circles. All the same players use the same words in various variations, and refuse to acknowledge what the other person has to say, I gave up and figured it was a lost cause.  Besides, I make it a point to only fight the battles that I know that I can win; versus the ones that are a lost cause.  Hence, as a wise man once said, sometimes it takes a braver man to walk away from a fight than it does for one to walk right into one.

Hell, even the great martial artist, Bruce Lee, believed that the best way to avoid a punch was to never be there at all.  The point behind that logic is that sure Bruce Lee knew how to fight, but he never went out looking for trouble.  No, he only fought in self defense.  Just like you did according to your story.

Look, I do find your courage admirable, and your story is very sympathetic.  However, one shouldn't go out looking for trouble, as this thread obviously does.  Now if you had posted your op in a thread that called out all Believers as being selfish, then I can see your point about how your post would make sense.  But to start a thread calling out all atheists, and comparing them to bullies, without citing exact reasons why...it only makes you look like a bully yourself.  Can you not see that?

Plus, it's only an online forum, so why do you care what a bunch of jerks think about your religion?  The important thing is that you believe what you believe, and that's all that matters.  Nobody can take that away from you.  So atheists talk?  Let them talk, as it makes no difference what they believe either. 

Besides, if you really want to stand up for Christianity, then why don't you start a petition to raise more money for the security of churches along the border states, as there's been recent reports of drug cartels hitting up various churches for protection money.  Why don't you try doing something about that?  Or how about doing something else like getting involved in various church related charity work if it means that much to you.  Trust me, you'd be doing Christianity a bigger favor by doing these things than wasting your time debating with Atheists in an online forum, as most of these main participants in religious discussions rarely if ever change their minds or listen to each other anyway.  That goes for both sides too.

Duh! Then why are you always spewing garbage at Christians on the forums instead of treating this like a business, It is my new workplace. Man up and act right before I get all of you weenies fired!

1. profile image0

apparently, you don't know how to read so well.  I never said that I was an atheist, nor did I say that god doesn't exist.  Hell ask most believers in this forum on hubpages, and they'll tell you that I've defended a lot of christians in this religious forums in the past.  let's get that straight right now.  secondly, what garbage do you speak of?  I never insulted a christian person on here for their beliefs, as i said..I DEFENDED MANY OF THEM IN THE PAST!  sheesh...

Whoops, sorry. I got carried away.

6. Dave Mathews profile image61

I for one am behind you 100%. As a Christian I try to have a sensible interactive discussion here only to have the Atheists here interject their nonsensical spewing of a hatred for someone and something they do not eve believe to exist. If they don't believe then how can they attack something that in their minds is nonexistant? Thank you for coming to the defence of the little guy.

Dave, Let me clue you in. This is a joke. I don't need any help. Just sit back and watch them squirm. I am cleaning up the shop. The Lord sent me in here, and I got it covered. Enjoy th show, keep coming bnack. Make it the longest thread in historyu. I need the work,I brought some smooth stones for my sling, but I don't see that bully anywhere.I'm a southern Christian a Bible Belt Boy. This is just like swatting Flies on Grandmas porch enjoying a cold glas of fresh Florida Orange Juice! Stay in touch.

7. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I like your boldness and refusal to pull punches when the bully agenda makes itself known.  Nothing generic or effeminate about that.   Cool.
      Quilligrapher referred to you as gladiator material.  God knows we could use some more men with that strength of character and ability.

1. Cagsil profile image70
        Cagsilposted 12 years agoin reply to this

We already have enough religious "gladiators" running rampant in the world as it is. Aside from that, "gladiators" really isn't a character trait needed, as Jesus.

1. profile image0

You say that like it's a fact or something. hmm

1. profile image0
            Emile Rposted 12 years agoin reply to this

lol lol I'll bet you have no idea what I'm laughing about. That's a pity.

2. Eaglekiwi profile image74
            Eaglekiwiposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hi Brenda, always enjoy yer alert and witty comments wink

1. profile image0

I learned 'em from the opposition!  haha

1. Eaglekiwi profile image74

..Wanted to agree with ya ,but I have a lot to still to learn about humilty yet lol

1. profile image0

I admit I'm not so humble
                  in front of most people anyway.
                  Before God, yes.
                  But humility before anti-Christian people usually gets a person stepped on for no good reason.
                  I do find myself humbled on the rare occasion when someone really is seeking the right answers instead of baiting.

Don't sell yourself short, Eagle.  I've noticed you're good at witnessing.  You have more patience than I usually do.

..Thank-you..smile

I hear you re humilty and servant attitude kinda thing.

Tis a good topic that indeed, and definately a learning or character building adventure.

I try to show respect to everyone ,but sure ,meekness should never be confused with weakeness.

When Jesus said turn the other cheek ,he also said never let the left hand know what the right hand is doing-enter Zena lol

(My version)

2. tlmcgaa70 profile image61
                    tlmcgaa70posted 12 years agoin reply to this

I admit I'm not so humble
                    in front of most people anyway.
                    Before God, yes.
                    But humility before anti-Christian people usually gets a person stepped on for no good reason.

Brenda: be careful to be true in all your ways. if you would be humble before GOD, then you must also be humble before your enemies. for those who say they love GOD, but do not show love to their fellow man (enemies included, as we were taught to love even our enemies) then we are liars and we make GOD a liar as well. yes it is hard sometimes not to let them provoke you. but remember, GOD does not need any one of us to defend HIM. HE does not depend on mans belief in order to exist. and nothing you say will convince one who has rejected GOD that GOD exists, because GOD HIMSELF has blinded them,. arguments accomplish nothing, you only lose.

3. Cagsil profile image70

Apparently my comment went your head. I guess I shouldn't be surprised. hmm

1. tlmcgaa70 profile image61

maybe i am off the mark here, but perhaps your comment was implying that the example CHRIST set for us and that we should follow if we claim to love HIM, is not that of a warrior, but of a peacemaker.

And, go figure...someone who claims to be a true Christian overlooked it? How ironic is that?

Busted. smile

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/5376230_f248.jpg

1. profile image0

hmmph.  Is that what Cagsil was laughing about?  Shouldn't that be gladiatoress or something?  lol

2. wilderness profile image93

I've been thinking about hiring some security.  For protection, you know...

Say no more wink..

This is why my wardrobe causes conflicts lol

1. profile image0

lol
                Now that was witty! smile

lol

3. Cagsil profile image70

Your post isn't a surprise either. wink

Oh good Cags,because sometimes its a good thing when people are predicatable wink

(By the way,I bought more marshmallows) just for you tongue

Sarcasm noted. roll

Relax and enjoy it!

Relax and enjoy it!

Enjoy what exactly? There are already enough fundamentalist and extremists in the world today...certainly more is definitely not needed. If I could actually enjoy the level of ignorance of them, then I'd say okay, but since most of those idiots are ruining the world either passing along misinformation or some distortion tactic of some sort, it has to be dealt with.

To continue letting it happen isn't reasonable and definitely shouldn't ever be acceptable.

Brenda,

Finally someone gets it. I'm logging up words and tags for my gig along the way. It is good that a man hold something firmly in one hand and not let go of the thing in his other. Yhe Man who Loves the Lord will come forth with both of them. I am so glad you get the drift. Your prayer cover is awesome. They don't know what hit the m I am counting coup while Big Brother is out playing golf!

8. Titen-Sxull profile image72
      Titen-Sxullposted 12 years agoin reply to this

So your argument against atheism is to compare it to bullying? Rather than address any of the points atheists make you'd just prefer to stereotype all of them as bullies who post "boorish nonsense" and are a "lunatic fringe".

How about you present your theistic beliefs and I present why I disagree and we talk it out like intelligent individuals?

Tightenup,

Im addressing bullies and don't pretend you don't know who they are! That is the same as lying and an atheist would never lie.

As far as presenting theology. Been there . . . donethat ... got the t-shirt . . . got thee happy meal too!  I knew nobody would step up . . . you got no juice . . .just insults. I can scope a dipwad town by now, This is a lake that's never been fished right before.

1. Titen-Sxull profile image72
          Titen-Sxullposted 12 years agoin reply to this

What the hell are you talking about?

So rather than present any arguments you've already declared victory? Yet it's me that has no juice? roll

I can see that you have no desire to have an honest or intelligent discussion.

And for the record I don't insult people. I do on occasion poke fun at their beliefs but I used to be a Fundamentalist, I escaped that prison, so I'm well within my rights to poke as much fun as I want tongue

Not true, that is what I am railing about. You should be smart enough not to argue with a baby in a cowboy suit!

9. Knight6 profile image63

wdcurry you say you were bullyed right amazing who the bullied TRIES to become the bully
      i am not atheist nor am i believer in your GOD or GODS as for your prove god doesnt exsist well let see

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/5612023.jpg

i dont see a loving god here do you

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/5612030.jpg

well well i dont see one here either

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/5612034_f248.jpg

and what do you know no god here

it is amazing that you knock people who dont believe when everything around us shouts out the non exsistence of a god war famine death by natural forces like weather etc

and before you go crying man is at fault and it is man that does all these things of badness stop your god is suppose to look after his flock he said believe in me and yours is the kingdom of heaven the people in the pics prayed to your god for help and all they got was oh thats right nothing no help no relief no god
      if your god is real then maybe he would have stepped in and stopped this if your god is real then maybe he would have said enough and stopped all the pain and suffering in the world
      logic dictates that if your god didnt do any of these things then it can only mean your god is not real..........................

God has provided enough food on this earth to feed the whole world!

Mankind is the distributor..hmm

But mans heart is governed by greed and power,and deceit.

Is that like the guy who had a bad childhood ,then commits rape / murder.

Gods fault too?

There is more than enough of everything in this world.

3. Quilligrapher profile image74

Hi there, Knight.
        I read your post and I think I know what you intended to prove. Setting both your personal beliefs and mine aside, using faulty logic to prove a logical argument is fruitless, wouldn’t you agree?

You begin with a false premise. You assume the people in the pictures prayed. I think you also assume they didn’t received help or relief.

False conclusion.  How can you begin by twice saying that “maybe” God should have done something and then reach a totally illogical conclusion God isn’t real because He didn’t behave in the manner you thought that He should have?

I’m sorry to pick at your arguments, Knight.  I hope that my tone doesn’t come across as harsh or insensitive. But it seems foolish to try to represent the intellectually honest and logically pragmatic minority without displaying some of the same traits. Perhaps you will find some better way to present your beliefs and will share with us how you arrived at them.

I sincerely hope you have a great Knight!lol

Quilligrapher i admire your honest input and you are correct my logic is not right but it is very hard to explain where i am coming from a little history perhaps my religious beliefs were that of roman catholic as for believing in god as i have said on other forums in hub pages i was one step away from the priest hood however an event occured which changed all that and one that i will explain later when i can find the words however that event lead to some changes with which i am only now fully understanding
          my beliefs now are as a direct result of said event and i will share in time
          as for my argument above what i was really tring to say is that if you look around and all you see is "doom and gloom" then yes you will question the exsistence of god any god and i know there is so much more beauty out there to prove that there must be a god any god however wd curry 111 uses the same tactic the atheist use prove god doesnt exsist prove god does exsist it is all pointless it like saying describe dark you cant but you can tell how it makes you feel which is all any human can do this is the same for religions all of them stop looking for fights stop trying to prove or disprove weather a god is there or not looking for facts about god is the same as describing the dark pointless god is something humans feel or dont
          i hope i am making sence to you Quilligrapher if not i am sorry but it is so simple in my head but everytime i try to write about it it becomes complex when it really is not
          i think wd curry 111 just rattled me with prove god exsists god exsists because of the lack of prove its call FAITH

Good evening to you, Knight.

I truly appreciate your prompt and candid reply.  I relate to what you said and I believe that proving the existence of God is a moot point. There is no need for men to prove the existence of God if they can accept that God is a symbol for all of the noble, caring, nurturing aspects of our humanity. He is a metaphor for all of the facets of life that science and intellect have not YET been able to explain. What really matters is seeing what God represents.

Thanks for sharing, Knight.  Stay well.

thank you for listening i will be following you from now on as it is interesting to talk to someone who thinks along the same lines look forward to more of your input

2. profile image57
              laptop-coolerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

But that is not what God is, that's just some basic principals. Both the new and old Testament are clear on what God is, if you don't believe that then you are not a Christian.

I don't have a problem with many of the values of religion, which align with many basic moral principals. I do have a problem with religion itself.

@Quill

Are you desribing humanism in your post?.

G’day Eaglekiwi,
                  Thanks for your inquiry but I don’t know. I often say that I believe IN God without having to believe there IS a God.  Someone is bound to have a label for this line of thinking. “They” always do. Personally, I dislike labels because so many folks use them to prejudge your ideas without having to examine them. Does this help?
                  Thanks again.  I appreciate your Eagle-Kiwi imagery.

2. Quilligrapher profile image74

Hello there, Laptop.  First, let me welcome you to hubpages.
                I’m pleased to see that you believe you know what God is and, further, you think I do not. You see, my friend, every man is qualified to determine what God is.  While some people rely on ancient literature to arrive at an understanding of God, others can succeed without it.  Actually, I don’t why you mentioned Christianity since it has very little to do with knowing what God is.

I hope you had a blessed day, Laptop, as I did.

You judge me harshly. These photos do not prove the non-existance of God. They prove the lack of concern and compassion of mankind. What can we do to help?

5. WD Curry 111 profile image57

Knight,
        You are not as perceptive as you think. Instead of a hoodie, why don't you have your helmet lifted and nothing put blank space showing?

because underneath there is nothing no male no female no country no nationality no colour no religion no nothing non-exsistence i am all this......

Duh! On my part. Great explanation. You've got some good chops and have a lot of good stuff to say. You could go a long way with this approach. Please forgive me for being slow on my feet. I get it now. Thank you for demonstrating professional technique. There are those of us who can learn from this well thought out, polished persona!

10. profile image52
      cakedewposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Why you wasting time here, there no way atheist in here wanna fight you.
      You want to fight just go out and ask for atheist on the street bro, so you can fight them on the spot no need to talk so much. You talk like a real man so be a real man don't just boast in the forum where you know nobody dare to fight you.

2. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 12 years ago

I am not an Atheist, so I guess your thread doesn't apply to me. However, with that said- I've seen more bullies who are religious in belief than not.

Considering 66% of the world's population is or has a religious belief, I would say that calling out Atheists would be quite foolish, considering they are a minority.

Not to mention, just in case you haven't realized, your post actually shows that you don't walk the walk of your religious belief, but do nothing but talk the talk.

I don't care your history or that you kicked someone's butt, because they were a bully. I've managed to live 43 years and I've had a total of two fights in my entire life. Bullies are just ignorant people who lack understanding and have something to prove to themselves.

If you're attempting to compare the Atheists to bullies, then you apparently don't understand their actions, but do have a bad perception of things happening around you. Good show. You've only managed to prove so much more about yourself than anything else.

Now, if you want talk about a flimsey case? Keep talking about your imaginary god, which you take from the religion you follow and I'll oblige to bring it to your attention that it's all in your mind, because the god of religion is nothing more than hoax, a mind-job for the gullible.

You talk aloty, but I don't get how it apploies to me! I ssense you have a good heart. acan we start on a better note?

I'm sure it is difficult for you to understand, so let me make it simple for you.

You are presently standing on a "soapbox" announcing to the world, calling out all atheists(which I am not) and from several of your posts which I've read so far in this flimsy thread, you're apparently asking people to prove that a god doesn't exist.

Ironic as it may seem, there's actually no logical reasoning for a god to exist to begin with. Which is why I stated in my initial post to you, that if you want to bring your imaginary god into reality? Then I would oblige you in conversation that it's all in your mind.
        Yes, my heart is actually pure. My purpose in life is beyond myself.
        I'm not sure what a better note would be, considering you've already proven that you don't walk the walk with regards to your supposed religious beliefs. Which means, you are not honest with yourself and only talk the talk for the sake of doing so.

If you're not going to be honest with yourself, then how can you expect me to believe you are going to be honest with me? hmm

Cags, I know what I am doing. So your preaching to the choir! State your Position!

2. Dave Mathews profile image61

Cagsil: on here in the forums, the Atheist does become a bully only because they know that there is no risk of being face to face with any believer on Hub Forum.

Hey Dave, a bully? Is subjected to an individual's perspective/perception. You want to see someone as a bully, based on your knowledge, experience and understanding, then you will. However, if you're inability to use knowledge, experience and understanding is lacking in any way, then your perception will be skewed, which will lead you to reach a poorly uninformed conclusion.

1. Dave Mathews profile image61

Cagsil: A bully is a bully no matter the angle you look at him. If it wakls like a duck,and,talks like a duck,it is a duck, no matter what anyone else says or thinks.

1. Evolution Guy profile image58

Threatening eternal damnation for denying the Holy Spirit.

Does that count as bullying Dave?

Your Invisible Super Daddy is a Bully huh? wink

For any statement to have any effect ,you would need to first beleive it ,which you dont ,so thats bogus -as usual

1. A Troubled Man profile image58

Threats from Evangelists are very easy to believe, not the threat itself, of course, but their actions of threatening others.

1. profile image0
                  Virgil Newsomeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Is it a threat when a doctor tells someone they should stop smoking or they will develop cancer?   

When it comes to Christians and their warnings, you turn them into threats.

It's funny when believers attempt to compare real world situations with their faith based threats.

LOL! No, they do that entirely on their own.

Yea they love to play with words..roll

You have a well developed sense of humor I see as well as delusions lol

You think Christian threats are funny? And, I'm deluded because I don't like being threatened?

Once again, you have an amazing talent for offering so much wrong with so few words.

However, with those words, you add insult to injury, you kick others when they are down and out, you laugh at the plight of others.

This is the love you believe you're offering. This is what you've been taught by your religion.

2. Evolution Guy profile image58

Lying again? OK

Careful, brother.

Ridiculous, it's all based on perception. So, get real. A bully is a bully when someone feels like they are being intimidated or pushed around or verbally put down.

Why don't grow some thicker skin and you'll realize that bullies don't have much of an effect, especially with verbal. When it comes to bullies who actually push people around and get physical? Then it's a bigger problem.

The fact that you are calling people who post to the forums bullies or attempting to imply that, is absurd.

3. profile image0
    Emile Rposted 12 years ago

I'm afraid you sound like the bully wannabe. Why not leave well enough alone until you've had enough time to participate in the forums and understand the give and take. You might simply be bristling for no reason.

When you wake up from your nap . . . it's a joke!

4. profile image0
    Home Girlposted 12 years ago

WD is ready for a fight. Too bad no one else today... may be next time.
    http://www.pic4ever.com/images/5.gif

It is a joke, lighten up!

5. LucidDreams profile image64
    LucidDreamsposted 12 years ago

Wow, you seem like one angry person. This community is for writers and as writers many are very passionate in their belief system as apparently, so are you. Im not trying to give advice but if I was I would probably say running around the forums to pick a fight is a waste of time.

Religion and arguments are also a waste of time because changing someones views is pretty tough to say the least. Of course there are certainly some people here on Hubpages that even though they are just writers like evryone else, they think of themselves as IMPORTANT because of time on the site or someone somewhere actually gave them a compliment and now they act like Hubpages security. There are definately a few of these writers that come to mind.

Stay positive and dont worry about what other people say on here. Many will say something just to get a rise as they hang in the forums all day for lack of something better to do. Write and spend your time wisely so it will pay off monitary and emotionally.

It says somewhere in the bible, violent men will take the Kingdom By force!
      I found myself under attack. What do you expect me to do? I'm writing like a mother. Please don't take it personally. I say live and let live. I feel I might learn something from you. Give me a jingle.

Lucid: When an Atheist attacks a believer it is just that an a ttack whether it is to get a rise or not.

Amen and Duh?!

6. profile image0
    RookerySpoonerposted 12 years ago

Most of the angry posts on here are either from the religious, who want to prove that their God is the biggest and best, or by atheists, who become angry that some people choose to believe in an imaginary friend.  Then there are the arguments between different religious believers, who are convinced their version of the truth is the only possible one.  And there are the atheists who are angry that their fellow atheists are not atheistic enough.  At the end of the day, it all seems pretty pointless, and anger gets no one anywhere.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryWVRS4a … re=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRwXrcz- … re=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzF-8sqikVA&NR=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVwdKfLOa5o&NR=1

Right! But, prove God doesn't exist. It is impossible!

The angry posts are from angry people.

Tis true Ive been a ms smarty pants on occassion,but not usually angry dammit!!

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/4931371_f248.jpg

Do you realize that no one has presented a case about the non-existannce of God. They are only playing a game of "Dozens" (ask gamegirl if you don't know) with me. Evolve a little farther " we can hash it5 out on e1qual terms'

Oops @ inserting a monkey pic,my feeble attempt at humour.

Trust me,Im more like a transformer-more than meets the eye wink

I have no bone to pick with you ,Im too busy keeping my nose clean with God.

2. profile image0

You said Do you realize that no one has presented a case about the non-existence of God?

Proving one way or another is impossible, however; showing the negative effect of religion on the human psyche has been fairly easy on this thread alone. smile (I fixed the spelling and punctuation problem in the portion of your post I quoted. I noticed you thought satan was in your computer. Mine is demon free.)

Demon free ,good for you Emile wink PLUS
              We all should know enough about computers etc,however if the envitable happens ,backing up files is a good thing, but ,look see the Son of God thought of everything

"Jesus Saves"      smile lol

1. profile image0

lol Jesus saves. That was a good one.

But, I've decided WD is crazy like a fox. Look at his Hub score after only a couple of days. This thread is probably getting him a lot of hits on his hubs. I'm jealous.

No doubt the regulars have been onto that kind of marketing for years now -duh me wink lol

1. profile image0

I guess I'm a little slow on the uptake. I never thought of that.

Emile R,

Of course your computer has no demons. I am allergic to some programs. I want to pull down a command, not the whole page.

This blaming Satan thing is a negative trait of some Christians. Whenever anything goes wrong, they blame it on Satan. Satan doesn't waste time with mere Christians. He deploys underlings to do his dirty work and sell tickets to the show! The only one that Satan ever tried to deal with himself was Jesus. It didn't work out well for him. Oh death . . . where is your sting?

2. tlmcgaa70 profile image61

WD Curry 111posted 8 hours ago in reply to this
        Right! But, prove God doesn't exist. It is impossible!

WD Curry...you are right...it is impossible to prove that GOD does not exist...just as it is impossible to prove that HE does exist. that is the way it is meant to be.If GOD gave man freedom to accept or reject HIM, then who are you, or I or anyone, to deny them that right if they choose to reject HIM? lashing out at others does not show the spirit of GOD. if you would show that GOD exists, then you must live in obedience to HIM...love your neighbor as yourself...your neighbor is your fellow man. do good to those that hate you. while on earth CHRIST set us an example with HIS life...if you call yourself a CHRISTian, then follow HIS example.

3. profile image0
        jomineposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Excuse me, what is this thing you call "god"?

Love! It's a thing called Love!

4. A Troubled Man profile image58

Sorry, and proving God does exist is possible? Please do it then. lol

Rookery:  Excuse me! What proof can you offer to anyone to prove that My God is simply my imaginary friend, in other words a figmant of my imagination and nothing more? Can't offer any? Than what right do you have making the statement?

1. profile image0
        RookerySpoonerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Dave, if you have any proof that God does exist, I sincerely would love to know what it is, as I too would like such a belief, as it would be a comfort.  As the claim that God exists is a  most extraordinary one, it will require extraordinary proof, and it is not upon the doubter to disprove a belief, but upon the believer to prove it.  If a claim is made without any empirical evidence, it can just as easily be dismissed without it.  If you, unlike the rest of humanity really do have evidence that God exists, then it is your duty to present it to others, because such knowledge would be a great comfort and hope for all, even to atheists, who secretly would be overjoyed to discover they are wrong, and that there really is someone to answer our prayers.

Sir Rookery,

I agree. It is up to the believer to prove his point. May the believer in the hon-existence of God state his case?!

roll

I am channeling Davy Crockett!

7. paradigmsearch profile image61
    paradigmsearchposted 12 years ago

To quote another Hubber, I have broken out the popcorn... smile

1. MelissaBarrett profile image59
      MelissaBarrettposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I gots hot cocoa too.

1. paradigmsearch profile image61
        paradigmsearchposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Oh, good. I'll get a couple blankets (could be a long winter here).

Right on! Nuclear winter.

Let it cool down so you don't burn your lips.

2. kerryg profile image83
      kerrygposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yum, popcorn!

http://i51.tinypic.com/15y9hr9.jpg

How on earth did you know that I'd bought my glasses at Sears!!! lol

1. kerryg profile image83

Well... I'm kinda psychic. I have a fifth sense.

I would hope you have at least five senses. lol lol

1. kerryg profile image83

roll

Sorry catfish, I can't see your response. HYou seem like a witch from New England.

Lord told me!

3. Dave Mathews profile image61

You make as much sense with that statement as spitting into a 60 mph. wind and getting it right back in your own face.

Seriously, you are going to insult someone (badly btw) over a silly statement which basically means "This should be fun to watch"

Got Xanax?

paradigmnscorch-
      You've broken out in popcorn? Is that a weak attempt at humor, or are you watching the movie on the back of your eyelids?

8. wilderness profile image93
    wildernessposted 12 years ago

That's great that you are not a newbie to computers and worked on the first graphics computer.

I cut my teeth on a computer where the user interface was a teletype machine that was the only I/O device and later graduated to one of the first computers available to the public.  If you didn't want the "graphics" of ASCII you wrote to each individual pixel on the screen using Assembly or Machine language.  The only permanent storage was a third party cassette voice recorder and 16K was a lot of RAM.  Good that you're not a newbie.

1. profile image0

That's nothing!  My first computer used carrier pigeon to deliver information and the storage was on a wax cylinder.

The same kind of wax Edison used?

The newbies think that because it was new to them it was new to the world.  Shoot, chips hadn't even been thought when I programmed first and transistors were too new and expensive for large scale use.   Computers filled large rooms and had huge cooling systems to take care of the heat from vacuum tubes!

Not a newbie!  Bah! lol

Yeah, right! Do you reaally believe what you are saying. You w2ere sucking pwblum, Jr.

Good one! I told you you could write!

Wilderness: I cut my teeth on a "Punchcard data records" so what?

Just poking a little fun at the idea that working on early GUI's makes the OP a real old timer in the computer world.

The computer world has been a wild ride for those of us that got in on the ground floor, hasn't it?  I makes me wonder what the next 50 years will show and how people will ever keep up.  Something I won't have to worry about, though....

I been hip since hip was hep!

First computer . . . Ellis Island!

9. ubanichijioke profile image74
    ubanichijiokeposted 12 years ago

Ha ha ha, you ve got a grand CV. you rock!

Whatever?!

10. paradigmsearch profile image61

http://csmt.cde.ca.gov/images/404.jpg
    I win!

1. profile image0

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/5584368_f248.jpg

No, I do.

The druids got nothing on the weird practices of so-called Christians, except for the Killing the king thing, Kudos to you!

It's not fair, Rookery,. he's not in the same cricket league!

11. MelissaBarrett profile image59
    MelissaBarrettposted 12 years ago

Nope, I do.

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/5584367_f248.jpg

MS Paint .001

lol lol

I am sorry wilderness. I can not see your response. I have no bone to pick with you. You are not on my list.You respond from your heart. You are a seeker. Seek and ye shall find. You have already found plenty to share. Stay in touch. I like your style.

Wake up and take a nap!

Wake up and take a nap!

Fantasy . . . wonder world . . . am I on facebonk?

12. paradigmsearch profile image61

@ both

I concede. lol

I don't want anyone to concede. I want to be friends! I may not believe the same as you. Who cares? We can sit and watch the sunrise. It looks the same to both of us. This was the PERFECT response, I love anyone who can think for themselves. I believe that you are a gifted teacher. Stay in touch.

13. shogan profile image75
    shoganposted 12 years ago

You're still trying to pick a fight before anyone can get too close, WD.  Try assuming the best of people...you'll be surprised at the difference that makes.

Maybe you are right. I will come closer to you.

lol

Ooops, too late to edit on this ridiculous eastern european piece of carp. I wanted to add. Please don't hurt me.

Wake up. It's a joke.

14. Eaglekiwi profile image74
    Eaglekiwiposted 12 years ago

Welcome to Hubpages.

Have I missed anything ,or are you still at the meet n greet part lol

(Or is that slice n dice) lol

Dont mind me ,Im just here to set out the chairs, make sure theres food and juice etc.

After that I will be over there praying for ya !

15. Randy Godwin profile image60
    Randy Godwinposted 12 years ago

My god Moe told me your god doesn't exist.  That's good enough for me.  Unless you can prove Moe is a liar, of course.  lol

Another Baptist, right?

I heard that Moe ran off with some magical faeries and had 5 of the ugliest looking sprites in existence.

Shemp is standing in now isn't he?

1. Randy Godwin profile image60
        Randy Godwinposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You heard wrong, Melissa!  Moe is straight!  mad

And he drinks Mountain Dew!

Hey larry and curly are you so decieved that you don't know you are being infantile and idiotic.

16. Eaglekiwi profile image74

You can use threaded or chronological~~> top right of the page.

Might help ya see the whole thread better.smile

Eaglekiwi

What? I have a closed head injury! Oh wwait . . .I see. I need to do dragand drop I am allergic to others. I'll do better next time, promise.

lol...hey yer welcome ( I think)

17. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 12 years ago

God didn't dunnit. There ya go! lol

Earnest finally stated a case. I can't argue with him. I like you just the way you are, earnest! You have a good sense of humor.

18. AEvans profile image71
    AEvansposted 12 years ago

You have so many accomplishments! I commend you for your bravery on HP, I don't believe a single soul will be bothering you. Good for you speaking your piece of mind, everyone is entitled to express themselves! Welcome to HP! You just jumped right in and I believe you will make many new friends. smile

Yes, everyone is entitled to express themselves, but using the solitary "piece" of one's mind is usually not helpful. It also shows that they are not actually intelligent enough for conversation. Example: If the mind was made up of 16 marbles, and one speak with only 1 marble? Then isn't that not speaking from a solid perception? Or foundation, if you will? lol
      Oh, I'm sure s/he will fit right in with rest of the religious individual who spout of irrational fundamentals based on the mythological irrationality of the bible. lol

'Not intelligent enough for conversation"

Who among us is wise enough to make that assumption roll

Why those of us intelligent enough for conversation, of course, EK!  smile

Ya nut lol

I worked out I got paid $3 a week last month-reckon ya could be right.
            That $8 job is sure looking a lot better these days lol

Certainly!  Getting an offer of almost 3 times your present earnings has to be a good thing.  smile

Yeah!! Knock em' dead!

What conversation? Pointless babbling doesn't count!

Picking out catch phrases I see. Nice to see you do what you tell others not to do with your scriptures, but did with my statement.

See what happens when you take something out of the middle....it loses context. Bad girl. roll

And, to answer your question- "Who among us is wise enough to make that assumption?" and, don't forget your little *rolleyes*-

It's not an assumption, nor would be an assumption. The action would inform others quite clearly, similar to some of your post.

You apparently seem to think that people cannot draw on wisdom to make accurate conclusions. You seem to think people make assumptions at all times, which would show that you're actually making an uninformed assumption yourself. What a shame.

Hahahaha. :lol...one of these days Im gonna stick marshmallows up your nose and gummi bears in your ears!

(See, I know when I recieve a stiff upper lip retort from you,I was weally weally right after all :)Na na na na..

Interesting post. It represents you quite well. roll

Thanks smile

Goodnight ,play nice in the sandpit boys n girls.

Cagsil,

At least you are bringing intellect and good chops to the table. You have talent. I respect that.

Catch Phrase? What catch phrase? I don't remember a catch phrase!

2. AEvans profile image71
        AEvansposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Everyone is entitled to express themselves. By the way shouldn't you be on your honeymoon?big_smile Seems you are not being cuddled enough, you are being naughty. lolololo! big_smile

No, it was not a real wedding. roll Besides, what concern of it is yours? No offense intended.
          I'm sure we could put aside our religious differences and fix that? If you really want me to be what you called "naughty"? tongue lol

1. AEvans profile image71
            AEvansposted 12 years agoin reply to this

lololo! big_smile Your getting married! big_smile No, no can't go there. big_smile

AEvans. No, I just keep goofing up the strings. Im a drag and drop guy. Its not like the programs aren't available. I am an Independent. I don't hate Obama, but the republicans do. we can't get a law passed or programs inegrated because they are petty and triffling. athey need to move to Florida where it is live and let live, just don't cut down the Mabgroves unleess you get aliscence Like Mola Brothers Landscaping. I t took me 2 dyas to figure the gig. How long before they clean up the work place. The unemployment rate in Florida is more  like 25-30%. They only count the ones on the dole. Forget the 99ers you only get 26 weeks down here and the the alien from mars governer cuts you off. No one has givenup looking for work. There isn't any, I'm tired now. Does any one read this or does HAL just figure it out.

42. smile

You don't know the half of it.

19. profile image0
    Virgil Newsomeposted 12 years ago

I wonder where Willmiers77 is?

20. kerryg profile image83
    kerrygposted 12 years ago

http://i56.tinypic.com/166n53d.gif

21. manlypoetryman profile image82
    manlypoetrymanposted 12 years ago

Romans 12:18: "If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, be at peace with all men."

Ain't it just like me...to throw a statement out and leave...Toodles! big_smile

22. Aley Martin profile image65
    Aley Martinposted 12 years ago

this is all a bunch of crap. Write, do not fight.

23. Matt Bunch profile image57
    Matt Bunchposted 12 years ago

Ah, it's moments like this that make me proud to be a Buddhist. I'll leave you all to it. As you were.........

1. profile image0

Hey, I have questions about the Buddha.
      Didn't he have a family including kids, but left them to "find himself" or something like that?

1. Matt Bunch profile image57
        Matt Bunchposted 12 years agoin reply to this

That's open for debate on several levels, but not here. Drop me an email or start a new topic.

1. profile image0

I can google him I guess.  That way it won't take up your time.  Especially since my interest is peripheral.  I'm not looking to delve into his philosophies or anything;  very boring to me from the info I already have;  I was only asking about his character.

1. Matt Bunch profile image57
            Matt Bunchposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Good idea Brenda. As for his character, I didn't know the guy personally so I can't vouch for him any more than I could any of the other dead guys in the room. Not like he owes me $20 or anything.

1. profile image0

Okay.  I thought maybe he revealed his views and personality in a book or something.
              Hey, what if he owed you a million dollars?
              haha just kidding.

Peace out smile

24. poeticmentor profile image74
    poeticmentorposted 12 years ago

If you want proof of God..just simply look for it. It's disguised in nature.  Scientist did not invent nature..did they? The trees, oceans, sky, the air you breath..scientist can only speculate why it exist and come to conclusions, theories and hypothesis..just like when you all debate over God..Ironically..This is so God; how you argue over his existence is God at work.  some want a spook in the sky, some want evidence like "big foot"lol..You must be willing to Receive TRUTH..only then can you see proof. "beware of those whose God is in the skies" 1

There's not truth in believing in a god. There's only deception of self with regards to it. Why? Because there's no real actually, living and breathing, NEED for a god to exist.

Anyone who "NEEDS" a god to exist is only fooling themselves, especially if it's a god from religion. Want to believe in a higher power? Go right ahead, but don't think for a second that the god of religion and a higher power are the same. It's utterly ridiculous for anyone to think or believe it. Why? Common sense says so. lol

25. paradigmsearch profile image61

Re: this thread: Oh, my!

26. paradigmsearch profile image61

smile

27. LucidDreams profile image64

Whoa....some serious opinions here. Do you think God writes here on Hubpages?

Now that is a thought.

Only if you consider all humans gods. Then, YES! tongue lol

28. LucidDreams profile image64

Wonder if God was affected by the "Panda" update........I'm thinking probably not, but you know the all powerful Google.

29. LucidDreams profile image64

Wait a darn second....all of a sudden God...no wait Google....I mean...ah forget it!

Lucid dreams,

They made me sit in the corner when all I wanted was apiece of the pie. Hey let me do the logo one time! It is about time Big Brother puts his foot down on all the clatter trap. I got compaany coming and this is too embarrassing. The Hub Pages team should discourage this kind of thing. If you acted like this aat Harris or Devereeux, they would walk yout It is entrenched in their culture around here. Did you know that it is against the law to challenge someones religion in the work place. The stuff these people have sqid to their co-workers is agianst federal law and I could show tis stuff to the right people in Florida and shut you down inthe state. What's next racial slurs? It is unacceptabble and I am ashamed of Hub Pages for letting it go on so long.

And to think, you shut me off to placate them. I will give you another chance, but I want you to take this to heart. Clean up the work environment around here it is disgusting!

30. paradigmsearch profile image61
  31. Eaglekiwi profile image74

Since you are pasting scripture Earnest ,I found one with you name in it:

But earnestly desire and zealously cultivate the greatest and best gifts and graces (the higher gifts and the choicest graces). And yet I will show you a still more excellent way [one that is better by far and the highest of them all--love]. 1 Corinthians 12: 31

There are a lot of scriptures with words in them is all I can say to that! lol

There are few words with scriptures in them.

I can think of one.

goddunnit. smile

U-bad! That's all there is to say on the subject. I can go to bed now.

Yep! I like to cut to the chase. lol You sleep well now ya hear? smile

32. profile image51
    paarsurreyposted 12 years ago

The atheists have no real case; they follow doubt.

33. Eaglekiwi profile image74

I think its reasonable to explain or know why a person doesn't believe ,but to tell,insinuate the reasons why someone else believes is rude and very arrogant.

1. profile image51
      paarsurreyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It's already known the many reasons people believe and it's not rude or arrogant to point them out.

No ,the truth is some of the reasons have been highlighted and some of the reasons have been ignored.

Selective humans that we are.

Like my neighbor who wont see certain doctors who prescribe certain drugs ? lol

But will see another Doc ,who prescribes the stuff she wants..selective ,truth for her ,hmm...selective.

It is  not rude and arrogant to point them out,but you dont stop there ,do you ?
        No you add an insult ,thats the rude and arrogant part !

Actually I repeat pointing it out. And, yes that's where I do stop.
          Bad perception.

We digress.

2. profile image51
          paarsurreyposted 12 years agoin reply to this
  34. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 12 years ago

http://godisimaginary.com/i6.htm
    Don't none o you christians go a readin this or the other 49, it be all da debils work I tells ya! lol

Love ya, Dogg!

Let me tell you a bed time story,

Some American Cavalry officer said the Comanche’s were the best light Cavalry in the world. They (we) were defeated by the sheer number and technological force of the American Army. The Comanche’s pretty much died to the man. Their religion wouldn’t let them submit to the Greco-Roman doctrine of development. They believed that “God” made everything and the earth was their mother, since she nourished them. Where is the mother in Christianity? There is the “Bride of Christ” (real church), but that is daughter in-law.

The Comanche were very peaceful before the Spanish Arrived. They were instantly submissive, because they thought the Spanish were some kind of superior being (not gods like American history books say) because of the horses and shiny armor. The Spanish forced them to carry their armor and take care of their horses.

There were two ages. The age of the dog (they used dogs like Eskimo) and the age of the horse. The Comanche’s caught on fast. They didn’t break horses like the Europeans were taught to do by the Romans. They talked to the horse and asked permission. I guess the horse said,” Sure, you seem nice enough, but please don’t use a saddle.”

The Comanche’s used beautiful blankets (there are a couple left in museums) to cover the horses back. I’m sure the horses were proud of the way the Comanche’s decorated them up. They were smaller and faster than American horses, plus, they had no load other than a rider. You know how the Americans are. They go into combat with 50 pounds of gear.

The Comanche were in much better shape than the American army, with their diet of hard tack, beans and salt pork. They could shoot arrows at targets behind them at full gallop like the Mongols. They gave the Americans hell when they goaded them into chasing after them. Try shooting a seven pound pistol from a galloping horse. They had few rifles and they weren’t very accurate with them. They settled for shooting at the horses, but it broke their heart. They recognized the majesty of their spirit, like the Arabs did.

They did not see themselves as superior to the animals. Each had a spirit and was their relative. If they killed any animal for food, they asked God first. After they killed the animal, they apologized for being in such a pathetic position as to have to kill to eat. They were in Texas and did little cultivation like the “children of the rising sun” as they called eastern tribes. They shed a tear or two, mourned and sent its spirit to heaven with prayers and song

When they were done with the meal, they would hang out, and have a little smoke of tobacco. Then they would sit and listen with anticipation as the elders would tell stories and give riddles to the children to solve. One survives today in America . . . the “Guessing Game”. Have you ever played it? “What am I thinking of?”

The child responds, “Is it bigger than a bread box?”

See how the story telling quiets the soul?

They made beautiful weavings. If they were closing in on finishing a project and they had not made a mistake on it, they would throw a small one in. They did not want to be so presumptions as to compete with God.

American “Indians” prefer to be called first nation Americans. The Europeans called them Indians, because the dumb asses thought they had sailed all the way around the world to India. It is amazing how First Nation Americans are not bitter today.

Like I said, the Comanche’s almost died to the man. The Americans spared most of the women, but you know how it is . . . collateral damage.

It is not a good idea to provoke the American army. Not necessarily because of their fighting prowess, but because about 25% (just a guess) of them accepted plea deals from the judge when they were facing serious felony charges  for crimes such as assault with a deadly weapon  or beating someone up in a fight. They also introduce things into the culture like Nike t-shirts and pornography. Things are never the same.

Kewl story dude. smile

We get so caught up in our viewpoints, that we forget the essence of our spirits. The Comanche did not question their beliefs, but wondered why those Europeans, so bent on greed and destruction, could claim to know the Great Spirit at all.

35. theirishobserver. profile image62
    theirishobserver.posted 12 years ago

Jesus was a hippy who was murdered for his believe in FREE love smile

36. theirishobserver. profile image62
    theirishobserver.posted 12 years ago

Let the love be within smile

37. gamergirl profile image85
    gamergirlposted 12 years ago

I like pie.

Touche'.

38. Eaglekiwi profile image74

@WD Curry

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/84324?p … ost1826007

..Only educated Christians may enter hmm I missed out lol

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)