A Warning or a Threat?

Jump to Last Post 1-19 of 19 discussions (92 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Virgil Newsomeposted 12 years ago

The word threat is tossed about these forums like a garden salad.  I recall back in the '80s when AIDS was first discovered that the medical community warned junkies about using dirty needles.  According the the definition thrown about these forums, the medical community "threatened" junkies.  I use the word threaten iun the same context non believers have been using it here. 

When a person is warned of certain consequences to their actions, it is not a threat but a warning.  God warned Israel of things that would happen if they forgot Him, and believers today are warned also.  There is also a warning to those who reject God.  These are not threats but warnings.

1. Kiss andTales profile image59
      Kiss andTalesposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I so agree because then the  situation rests between them and God! some times warnings are taken serious and there is no need for the bad outcome of those who take heed! Its like the law today if you break the law enough someday one way or another you will get the outcome!

2. AEvans profile image73
      AEvansposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Virgil, your words make sense. For those of us who believe. smile Welcome to HubPages!

3. Jo_Goldsmith11 profile image60
      Jo_Goldsmith11posted 12 years agoin reply to this

A very good clarification! I like the way you kept in simple and concise! Right on! smile

4. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Amen Virgil.

2. A Troubled Man profile image59
    A Troubled Manposted 12 years ago

LOL! Still trying to compare the real world with religious beliefs? lol

1. profile image0
      Virgil Newsomeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You know, you can make fun all you want.  You can twist my words or the words of others.  You can redefine words if you want.  One thing you cannot do, is refute what I wrote in the OP.

1. A Troubled Man profile image59
        A Troubled Manposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I already did refute it. You are attempting to compare the real world with your religious beliefs.

That is a threat. Please stop threatening us.

2. Kiss andTales profile image59

The real world is in this condition because people do not respect Authority! even local,how much more heavenly, Goverment after goverment ruler after ruler have proved that man can not rule man! because man is equal to man! ,can a student tell a teacher how to teach her class when he can barly spell cat! know so what does he do become the class clown because he does not want learn he does not want others so wants others to follow suit,this keeps him company and the teacher is irritated because she can not get him to see the benifit of being there ,he has wasted his time! but class goes on for those who want to learn and benifit !the world is similar,people will fail here too because they miss the purpose and the reason for life!

1. Cagsil profile image70
        Cagsilposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Got to love how some believers continue this torrid pace of speaking about the condition of the world, without realizing that 66% or more are religious or has a religious belief of some kind.

It's completely absurd to think that the non-believers are causing all the problems.

As for respecting authority? The highest authority is self. So, there would be a reason why many don't respect authority, because self awareness shows that no authority is actually required, providing one is honest with themselves.

where did you get the meaning of honest ! because that means a form of truth ,I could be honest about bad behavior, does that make its right to do !no!
          I could be honest about being a serial killer does that mean you agree with his actions,?so honesty Govern by our thinking is not acceptible, why even man has a court of law because this kind of thinking.Empty again!

By understanding it's underlying creation. Something that escapes you.
            Truth is usually honesty in it's rarest form.
            Bad behavior cannot ever be honest. Boy are you irrational.
            Actually, this has no point, except for the fact that someone is being honest about killing a bunch of people. It makes no difference whether or not I agree with his/her actions.
            You might be empty, that's easily believed. However, you're not honest to begin with.

I did not apply to your post because it made no sense to me! underlying creation? break this down where I can understand your statement ! thats why I did not respond ! I do not have a problem expressing my opinion maybe grammar ,but we can talk! and that could sometimes with other post perhaps people dont always get the question ,they can not express what they dont understand ,doesnt mean they avoided the subject! because of truth or wrong!

What creates honesty? Do you not know?
                I need to tell you what creates honesty? What underlying factor plays the most part in the creation of being an honest individual? WOW!
                Those who are irrational in thinking, usually don't understand.
                We'll see how it goes I guess.
                Well, I'm very familiar with truth. And, at times I'm wrong, but it's on an occasion.

well first I just explain I do not understand your question! and next if you are the teacher ! then explain! dont hit the student with stones to make a point ! make your point on subject  not on me! because you can make this about words , and the point can get loss!

2. Hollie Thomas profile image60
        Hollie Thomasposted 12 years agoin reply to this

,can a student tell a teacher how to teach her class when he can barly spell cat!

If i were you, I'd take a good, long, look at the above sentence before preaching to a community of writers about how they should think, and what they should believe in.

you are rigth about the spelling ,but if that is what you are looking for in error My grammar ! and I do make a apolgies for that! some people can not read ,some can not speak, some can not hear ! but they can get there point across! my key board is missing strokes and letters !sorry for that but that does not change the message of thought .!  rather ups brings you your message or a check with a broken light! does that mean you should not recieve the message or check no !because there is something more important to think about! I will try very hard to work on this when posting! thank you Hollie Thomas

1. Hollie Thomas profile image60

Your spelling is not important, everyone makes spelling mistakes or hits the wrong key. IMO, you are right to suggest that there are more important things to think about. That was actually what I was trying to get across. The teacher is not always correct? The students have a right to challenge? And, the rest of us do not have to accept warnings or threats. We can challenge them whenever we choose.

well when it comes to this forum that is true! that is the point! and yet people get mad because thwey dont like your opinion! now you mention about teachers, they are greater then students in knowlege say 5 year old could not be a challenge to proffessor,it would not be wise to challenge everything just because he is older and wise! humans are imperfect ,this is the case! certain situation applies to this,you are right no one has to accept threats and warnings its your choice depending what the message is ,it depends on the person recieving!like now some will agree some wont thats there view! some will fill offended ,because there view iss different, but what ever the outcome I will stand By my faith,I have no doubt ! I will die for what I believe if that should ever be the case!

Well, when it comes to the professor and the five year old, I'm afraid I have to disagree. Just because a person has earned a degree, does not make them wise, pure or trustworthy. Perhaps a five year old is not wise, but they are pure and probably more trustworthy than most adults, because they're innocent.

well from your view point I would believe that too ! but I have seen bad kids ,and I have seen kids not innocent!,yes there are good kids out there too ,I  was trying to say that the proffessor is more experienced then young 5 year old to me he should be wiser But just like you said he does not have to be wise , but he can in his field he was educated for !

I do respect good writers because they take the time out to share many things! I do not know who all the writers are ,but if they are really good at what they do, they all will get there point across rather I write somthing or not! I pose no threat to no one just because I share my opinion! perhaps my missing letters caused you a threat! sorry!

No threat, no problem. Perhaps I  misunderstood what you were saying.

Hey Hollie, you didn't misunderstand. You actually hit the nail on the head. lol

Like my first post relayed, which both believers in this thread dismissed completely and left unaddressed, s/he is attempting to lessen their own actions, so it's not perceived properly. smile

Hey Cagsil,
                Thank goodness for that, was actually starting to question my own sanity lol

lol lol

3. A Troubled Man profile image59
        A Troubled Manposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Sorry that had such an unproductive school life. Do you have a point?

3. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 12 years ago

The warning religious folk pass a long is a threat. They believe a specific thing, which is a warning via their actions to others, but fail to realize that it's a threat to themselves? Ironic. hmm

4. profile image0
    Emile Rposted 12 years ago

I do appreciate what you are trying to say Virgil, but it doesn't follow. You are talking about beliefs. Not facts. No matter how much you believe you are going to heaven; when you share the belief that others are going to hell you are condemning them for not agreeing with you and you are threatening them with your perception of the consequences for not agreeing with you.

Do you consider the 'death to infidels' philosophy of radical Muslims a threat or a warning? You might say threat, because it is a real threat to our persons; but isn't it the Christian argument that what you believe is real?

5. wilderness profile image94
    wildernessposted 12 years ago

How often do you think we need to be "warned"?  Every time we read the comments section in the newspaper?  Whenever we drive down the road filled with church bulletin boards?  Whenever we attend a public event and have to sit through the shamans talking to their sky fairies at the beginning?  Whenever a Christian speaks to us?  Each Sunday when we're berated for not going to church?  Whenever we take a drink with alcohol in it? 

How many times?  10?  100?  10,000?  It really does get old, you know, and really is taken for a threat after a while.

maybe old to some ,but just as the sun the moon and stars apear on time before and after our birth, the future is garanteed to come bad and good!and our opinion will mean nothing!

1. wilderness profile image94
        wildernessposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yes, I know.  My opinion means nothing and I will go to hell.  I know, I know.  I've been told before.  At least 10,000 times.

do you realy know what that word is hell! its not what many say it to be ,but opinion of how people use it! the truth is if you learn the true meaning it could be good! you can study hebrew and greek terminnology you will be surprise! your opinion can not control the sun and the moon rising nor will it controll the future!

1. wilderness profile image94

Oh yes, it will.  If nothing else it will control MY future.

6. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 12 years ago

It isn't a threat or a warning, it is just the dull rerepetition of an opinion and competent adult has heard a million times. I would argue it is not even preaching, just vainglory

well if you notice no religion has been titled here! this to me is a ground to hear and understand why people fill the way they do ,we can all learn from that! because in the end we can take it or leave it! no one might change and maybe some one will! but thats there own free will!

7. profile image0
    Virgil Newsomeposted 12 years ago

THREAT, n. thret. A menace; denunciation of ill; declaration of an intention or determination to inflict punishment, loss or pain on another.

WARNING, ppr. Cautioning against danger; admonishing; giving notice to; summoning to meet or appear.

The above definitions are from an old dictionary.   Can anyone see the difference?

I see you don't bother to read things that already have made sense of your irrationality. Good show on you.

At least now others will know that you choose not to be honest with yourself. roll

1. profile image0

Go back to the OP and see what it is about.  It is about warnings and threats. 

You can call me a liar or whatever you want.  It really makes no difference but why not try and stay on topic?

I know what it's about and I addressed it in my first post, which YOU overlooked. So read your own thread and get informed.
          I will call out dishonest action when I see it. If you don't like it, then too bad.
          I have been on topic. So, see you cannot be honest with yourself.

dont get mad ! you bring out the best in me!lol! Cagsil!

I'm not getting mad. I'm simply pointing out your irrational thinking.

Ok Cagil I like you! you did use the word think here, my statments made are the same pupose is yours remember free to think, free to make choices ,Irrational is your opinion ,but what is my right?

lol lol lol

It certainly isn't your right to impose your beliefs on to other people's life, if that's what you're asking. The action itself is immoral.

You believe a certain way and live your life in that manner(supposedly), which means that you have an obligation to use your beliefs in your life and be honest to yourself about them, however, not once do you or are you obligated to make a claim that your beliefs are for other people, considering they have a will(free) to make decision and it's not your place to interfere.

wait a minute I have only posted my opinion! I cannot impose on anybody! because  they can turn the channel! I have heard your words and maybe I dont agree with you, but I accept thats your free will.if you disagree with my opinion turn the channel ,you dont have to hear anything I write ! and I am not mad about that! love and peace!

2. Evolution Guy profile image58
          Evolution Guyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Warn me again and I will kill you.

Not a threat - just a warning as to what will happen if you threaten god on me again.

Just a warning as to what will happen.

Your choice. LOLOLOLO

Yes this god you are replying to could no other be than satan! because I notice how you spelled god !could be any god since there are many! and if it is satan , no human life is valuble because his life has been judge !so you believe in evolution! very interesting!no wonder you are so lololol ,you do not believe in some higher than humans!

1. Evolution Guy profile image58

LOLOLO

Sorry you are too uneducated to distinguish between proven facts and beliefs. No - nothing is higher or lower.

It just is.

from your standpoint it works for you! but not for me, and if you are basing my message on my spelling ! I have a hit and miss key board that miss letters I can tell when I read a post i have made! hoping that the message would be more valuble than grammar ! its still something for thought! rather you like or not!

well if you where equal to the sun ! let me guess you would be fried bacon! or nothing at all depends how close you get to it! and you know thats higher than you!

2. Jo_Goldsmith11 profile image60
            Jo_Goldsmith11posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Evolution Guy!

Do you realize you have just broken a law by threatening to *kill* someone? This is considered *hate speech* and terrorist threats! Why don't you please go somewhere else and be hateful! This is a community of folks who wish to be positive and learn how to improve on their writing!

It was a demonstration(example).

3. profile image0

I am not that hard to find you know.  Do you threaten people like this all the time in these forums? 

EDIT  Just so you know, you do not have the power to kill me.

1. Evolution Guy profile image58

I was simply quoting the bible. Sorry if that offends you. sad

1. earnestshub profile image80
                earnestshubposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I knew it was just a bible quote, but I did notice a few religionists hurriedly putting on their asbestos underwear. smile

That god of theirs be a pyromaniac ya know.

4. Repairguy47 profile image60
            Repairguy47posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Actually that was a threat, you could probably be arrested for it. That would be kinda funny if you were, you could pull the only authority is self on the cops and report back as to how that worked out for you.

8. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 12 years ago

Given that us heathens are going to heck the compassionate thing to do would stop being a buzzkill and let us enjoy our time on earth

heathens believe in somthing they have free will too just like the one who differ with you! and how would that stop your enjoyment of life! I have never seen no ones opinion stop there enjoyment unless they,have problems with themselfs.You are the captain of the ship you! but the Ocean carries more wieght .the water of truth!

9. Ddraigcoch profile image74
    Ddraigcochposted 12 years ago

Bible bashing people with the " warning" of God is not a threat or a warning, it is browbeating and imposing Religious beliefs on other people.
    What is the difference between a Jehovah witness abruptly pushing his foot in to my door way or a thug? They are both uninvited, imposing intruders to my home!

intruder is an intruder and you have the right to accept or not again name titles of religion is not needed to get your point because first of all you have not named your faith an you are doing the same thing name bashing! first you have free will of dicision ! and next an example is there is a terrible fire that is out of control and say you are down the street visiting someone and someone rushes to you to warn you of the danger envolve maybe the person reporting this event you dont like he is not invited to your home! but does that change the message! no regaurdless of who the messanger is the danger is real! personaly you know nothing about this person or individual, the are just messangers! no different then a mail man brining good or bad news, but would you take it out on him for bring a message!that he cared enough to deliver to you rather you will accept or not ! thats your choice!

2. wilderness profile image94

+1

10. profile image52
    paarsurreyposted 12 years ago

A Warning or a Threat?

It is just a reminder

BS. lol

1. profile image52
        paarsurreyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It is your opinion; neither a fact nor truth.

Actually, it's FACT.

Whenever any believer brings forth what consequences they believe will happen, because of their faith....it's called BS. It's also called a threat, which they don't see as a threat, because they have faith.

But nice try.

well I was thinking that when we where kids we use to get fire drills ! the thing was we never had a fire  but many drills ,the thing is what if a student decided not to leave the class room because he felt he never seen a fire  he says why go because the teacher is bs, dose he have that right! to question his Authority by not taking action!does that look like Bs to you,is there a threat or warning involve with this dicision!You tell me ! along with outcome!

11. profile image56
    SanXuaryposted 12 years ago

Wow a whole forum on what is a warning or a threat. I disagree with everyone I think its a chance. After all the dirty needle might not contain deadly viruses and such. I guess I must be really bored today. Why argue, information does not require such scrutiny and no one could know what purpose it serves the individual. I did find it interesting but have no idea of what context it was serving.

12. jacharless profile image75
    jacharlessposted 12 years ago

Good Evening Mr/Miss Newsome.

To the lot, which every way you play the game of lots, your duality continues.
    Look, now, see. Yes?

How do people of fear respond to threats? Retaliation of words or deeds.
    How do people with no understanding, but a heep of esoteric/empirical knowledge, respond to threats?
    Precisely.
    You have both sided with your self -as Ray put it - and that self is still standing in your way.

Rise above your assumptions, fears, ideologies, hand-me-down ritual belief systems --which you once accepted wholeheartedly or still do-- and realize every warning leads to a threat in the mind of man and every act of Altruism removes all necessity, whereby completing dissolving any and all threats/warnings.

One warns the other not to impede, while impeding a warning;
    The other threatens without cause, while causing threats.
    Silly mortals, humanism is for kids.

Stop not praying and stop praying. The action of either is equal/identical.
    Both are warning. Both are threatening. Both are lacking reality.

The only thing standing is your way is your self. Get out of your own way.

James.

is ra el? one wonders if the sun can be a god, let alone a civilization. Perhaps a luna can clarify it for us....

lol lol

13. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 12 years ago

Ah yes! The invisible ancient fairy threats.
    Is this the one where you decide what the fairy wants, then threaten everyone that if they don't see the same fairies at the bottom of the garden the boss fairy is gonna kill, maim, torture and deny life to those followers of another fairy that you decide they are following.

Scary innit? lol lol lol

14. earnestshub profile image80

Oh definitely a threat! lol

Kill People Who Don't Listen to Priests

Anyone arrogant enough to reject the verdict of the judge or of the priest who represents the LORD your God must be put to death.  Such evil must be purged from Israel.  (Deuteronomy 17:12 NLT)

Kill Witches

You should not let a sorceress live.  (Exodus 22:17 NAB)

Kill Homosexuals
        "If a man lies with a male as with a women, both of them shall be put to death for their abominable deed; they have forfeited their lives."  (Leviticus 20:13 NAB)

Kill Fortunetellers

A man or a woman who acts as a medium or fortuneteller shall be put to death by stoning; they have no one but themselves to blame for their death.  (Leviticus 20:27 NAB)

Death for Hitting Dad

Whoever strikes his father or mother shall be put to death.  (Exodus 21:15 NAB)

15. earnestshub profile image80

So now we need an invisible imagined friend drill? lol

earnest you are funny! dont how tomake those funny faces ! but I would make one for that! lol!

Take a look under formatting next time you post. There are a whole mess of em. big_smile

Thanks I just looked and saw will make much easier then putting ! marks everywhere! I hope you have not created a picture monster ! using every picture to express my feelings you know what I mean lol trying to learn how to apply smilies!

cool

OK, now you can liven up any satirical comments you make like I do.

An even playing field. lol

Deleted

2. earnestshub profile image80

http://www.motifake.com/image/demotivational-poster/1003/so-i-said-to-satan-satan-demotivational-poster-1268675214.jpg

1. cheaptrick profile image74
        cheaptrickposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hey Earnest,I'm gonna share this with Allot of people...cause I used to be called Twinkle Toes Ha!!
        one two three,one two three,one two three...Damn,why do I feel so HOT when I dance!To much espresso this morning Hmmm...

I am no expert on dance, but I assume it would be easier with 5 toes on each foot. smile

3. earnestshub profile image80

http://www.apenotmonkey.com/comics/2010-03-22-Gods-Love.gif

4. profile image52
      paarsurreyposted 12 years ago

It should be treated as a reminder

Yep.

"Do as I say or I'll kill you" should work as a reminder. lol

1. profile image52
          paarsurreyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Who said that?

Who said that?

You must have missed reading the bible and quoran. lol

2. earnestshub profile image80

Who said that?

You must have missed reading the bible and quoran. lol

Kill anyone who refuses to listen to a priest. Deuteronomy 17:12-13

Kill any false prophets. Deuteronomy 18:20

Any city that doesn’t receive the followers of Jesus will be destroyed in a manner even more savage than that of Sodom and Gomorrah.  Mark 6:11

Jude reminds us that God destroys those who don’t believe in him.  Jude 5

5. cheaptrick profile image74
      cheaptrickposted 12 years ago

Her it is in a simple mans[that would be me]opinion.
      Warning:If you step into traffic,your gonna get killed!
      Threat:I'm gonna push your ass into traffic and OMG,your gonna get Killed!
      This thread is another attempt at bringing into the mind of logical people the twenty five hundred year old,distorted and completely inaccurate,version of a change in the evolution of human consciousness which spread through the middle east and was taught in parables,personification[Sophia is Not a Women,it translates to Wisdom in Greek],metaphor etc etc.That's how THEY communicate back then as shown in OTHER written works of the time!
      Why do you religious folks Keep trying to make it all Literal when Literal was used in such a tiny way back then?
      Even the Bible eludes to The DEEP things of God[a concept no realistic self aware person would be Arrogant enough to CLAIM to understand]yet Religion continues to Tell us WHO,what,where,and how God IS!...
      Holy Crap,it's much more likely an ANT would be able to reach into YOUR consciousness and Understand YOU than Any of US being able to reach into the consciousness of God!Let alone define God in any Way!Including Gender etc.
      Kierkegaard[a devote Christian spent his Life trying to prove a reasoned path to the consciousness of God and FAILED,leaving us with"One either takes a Leap of faith and believes or one does Not".Many others have tried as well and Failed..........
      Holy CRAP!!I just wrote a whole Hub....Uh...sorry

Don't be, what you said is sensible.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)