Asking Buddhism, Islam, Christian and Hinduism... What will Happen....

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (45 posts)
  1. profile image52
    cakedewposted 12 years ago

Asking Buddhism, Islam, Christian and Hinduism... What will Happen....
    What will happen to pretty nice guy that live his life with good moral compass.
    He not killing anyone...
    He not cheating anyone...
    He always help people in need...
    Not drink alcohol or drugs...
    But he not pray to any of god...
    And don't believe there is any god exist...

Will he end up in heaven or hell in your religion?

1. Erin Boggs1 profile image76
      Erin Boggs1posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Well I always say there are are three types of Atheists: 1. Was never taught about God. 2. Needs scientific proof that God exists. 3. Claims not believe in God because they are mad at God. The first two reasons are hardly the persons fault it is a result of the environment that they are raised in. I look at God as a father, you fight with Him, yell at Him, disobey Him, make Him angry, and you cry to Him, but at the end of the day you know just like a father that he is still for you when you need him.

I think too many people are taught the wrong things about God and that is the fault of the humans that mislead them.
      But in direct answer to your Question...I don't know what will happen as I have no authority to judge you or your life. Maybe nothing happens, but a according to all scientific evidence energy can never be destroyed and your soul is simply a life force (energy), when you die it is the soul leaving the body and as it is energy and cannot be destroyed where does it escape to?

1. quicksand profile image82
        quicksandposted 12 years agoin reply to this

1. Never taught about GOD - Life went on smoothly. No problems to face, no trials or tribunals ... no real problems that cannot be solved by the mortals in the vicinity. So where does GOD fit in? Eventually when GOD is brought into the scene later in life, there is no need to accommodate him. So why bother?

2. No scientific proof - Science is indeed a great thing. Scientists have made life easier by discovering the laws of GOD ... oops, sorry the laws of nature, and harnessing these laws to benefit mankind in many ways, so much so that in this age life itself is a pleasure!

However, once you get hooked to science and understand the basics and a little beyond, you will never cease your involvement in it. Even when you reach the point beyond which science ceases to provide answers. I mean even when you realize the limitations of science.

Proof of GOD "probably" exists beyond these limitations. In other words you cannot provide scientific proof as simple as being able to prove that the "square on the hypotenuse ... "

3. A very interesting point indeed! I understand what you mean and that probably sums it all up.

@Cakedew - Well, if you live a life the way you have described it, you will probably go somewhere where you will simply love the ambiance!

No offense meant to any mortal!

smile smile smile

2. A Troubled Man profile image57
        A Troubled Manposted 12 years agoin reply to this

LOL! How very little you know of those who do not share your beliefs. lol

Like the starving child who prays to God for food but gets none?

True, parents teach their children about the God they believe in but do not teach about any other religions, hence the children are indoctrinated; mislead.

LOL! Please don't bring scientific evidence into your faith. Souls have never been shown to exist.

Noetic Science and Quantum Physics.... smile   Check it out

1. A Troubled Man profile image57

Yes, the former is nonsensical drivel while the latter is a working theory, please try not to confuse the two or bring them into the same concept.

but both are two different means of reaching the same end. Please don't try to be condescending, it just proves why you are troubled, I did nothing to you, and in fact all you have done so far is be rude. I don't look down on you for what you believe in or don't believe, so give me the same respect I have given you.

No, they aren't, you will get nothing from Noetic Science, which isn't actually science at all, but instead, pointless pseudo-scientific drivel.

Quantum field theory is something entirely different.

You have insulted my intelligence with nonsense and I have pointed that out.

Insulting my intelligence with nonsense does not command respect.

Well they killed Galileo for his theories or non-sense back in the day. So I see anyone with a closed and bias mind to be a fool. That withstanding, I hope that you get the help that you truly need, because anyone this intent on being rude to someone on the internet must have some issues at home to deal with. So with that I wish you the best and I hope that everything gets better for you. But as to this pathetic drama, you can count me out. Even if you waste your time to respond to this, please know that I will not be wasting my time to respond so maybe you can feel like you have gotten the last word. Good Luck to you and best wishes in all that you do.

roll No, he wasn't killed, get your facts straight.

"He was tried by the Inquisition, found "vehemently suspect of heresy", forced to recant, and spent the rest of his life under house arrest..." wiki

LOL! Are you upset because I pointed out that Noetic Science and Quantum Field theory are two completely different things, or that I pointed out the Noetic Science organization is bunkum, or that you insulted my intelligence?

2. redmachine76 profile image62
      redmachine76posted 12 years agoin reply to this

If god ever exist i think this guy is safe at the end of the day.
      God from any religious will still love any good guy no matter what.

3. profile image50
      paarsurreyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

The Creator God will reward him for the good things he did:

1. profile image50
    4. LewSethics profile image60
      LewSethicsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

The Universe is big enough so that whatever you think will happen to you will happen to you.

2. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 12 years ago

Well considering the fact that there are no gods heaven or hell, I would suggest he will live a good life then become worm food along with every human who has died and been buried. smile

3. wilderness profile image93
    wildernessposted 12 years ago

According to the Christian holy scriptures there is one, and only one, requirement for heaven; belief in Jesus Christ.  Actions don't matter, and praying to God doesn't matter.  If you believe you will end up in heaven and if you don't you will burn in eternal torment.

As an example, none of the natives in the western hemisphere ever heard of God before the invasion of Europeans and even then it took centuries to spread the word to all of them.  Those that didn't know of the Christian God obviously didn't believe in His son and are thus condemned to hell for eternity.  The aborigines of Australia are in the same boat, as are an awful lot of the far east peoples.

The Dalai Lama doesn't appear to believe in Christ, and neither did Buddha or Mohammed.  All three are therefore destined for Hell.

1. DoubleScorpion profile image76
      DoubleScorpionposted 12 years agoin reply to this

God created all men, but only revealed himself to only a few, and all who don't hear or know about Jesus are being held accountable? Hmm...this doesn't sound very loving or fair.

2. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 12 years agoin reply to this

That's not basic Christian beliefs.    It takes more than believing in Christ;  even the Devil believes in Christ (believes/knows that He's real); the Bible says we must Love the Lord.  And we must pray.
      the Bible says Faith without works is dead;  so it goes both ways.

But non-belief is one of the sins that makes people miss out on going to Heaven.

1. wilderness profile image93
        wildernessposted 12 years agoin reply to this

"Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son."

That's a little hard to read any other way, unless you think that "not condemned" means purgatory or something other than heaven or hell.

1. profile image0

Sorry if there's any confusion about what I said. 
          I was trying to say that it takes real feeling to actual BE a Christian.  It's not just a decision of the mind; it's a decision of the heart.  We can't just be a "good" person and expect to go to Heaven unless we acknowledge our sins and get born-again.  It takes sorrowful repentance for sins; it takes Loving God (as I said, even Satan believes in God, but he doesn't Love and trust Him).  That's why people are "condemned" if they don't even believe the basics; yes, unbelief is a sin!   But "condemned" doesn't mean there isn't hope, because anyone can get forgiveness if they're repentant.

Interpreting most Scriptures requires taking the words within the context of the overall concepts of the Bible.  It's not something you can take one specific verse and apply literally every time, although there are indeed many verses that can be take literally and at specific face value.

1. Disappearinghead profile image60
            Disappearingheadposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Nowhere in the bible does it teach that anyone goes to Heaven when they die. We simply rot in the grave, and our consciousness "sleeps" until the resurrection. Shortly after this event the heavens and earth are renewed.

As for condemnation of unbelievers, the dictionary definition is 1) to express strong disapproval of 2) to pronounce guilty. So just where does eternal torture come in?

Now if non-belief is a sin then the fact that Messiah died for our sin means by definition that the sin of unbelief is forgiven. If unbelief is not forgiven then John the Baptist was mistaken when he observed "Here is the lamb that takes away the sin of the world", and Messiah's work is not complete which means God is a liar.

The church's description of hell is an invention assimilated from pagan belief systems; along with its second god aka satan.

1. profile image0

Eh...there's a key word that many do like to dismiss.
              REPENT.

If Jesus was gonna sacrifice Himself just so there'd be no punishment at all for outright rebellion and sins, then He wouldn't have preached the message of Repentance.  He died to show us there IS opportunity to get forgiveness.   And that He is the only way to do so!

1. DoubleScorpion profile image76
                DoubleScorpionposted 12 years agoin reply to this

John 3:16 says nothing about repenting.

The Greek word that we translate into "Repent" means nothing more than "Changing your your mind or purpose".
                It does not mean ask forgiveness, it means change your ways. There are many who don't change their ways and continue to ask forgiveness for sins, instead of actually "REPENTING" or changing their sinful lifestyles.

Jesus has already forgiven (taken upon himself) all sins. There is no more need to ASK, one must now believe (that Jesus forgave all sin) and REPENT (change thier life) from sin.

2. Disappearinghead profile image60

So when Messiah prayed on the cross "Father forgive them" did God forgive them or not? If not then why does Messiah have greater compassion? If they were forgiven, then notice there were no preconditions, such as repentance.

To be a servant of God repentance is indeed required. But if the penalty for sin has been paid and God said "yes and amen" to the request "father forgive them" then how can it be possible for God to renege on His word and torture people in sone mythical pagan hell?

1. profile image0

Jesus prayed Father forgive them for they know not what they do.
                  Since His death and resurrection, with the Gospel having been preached to almost all the world, how many people do you think now do NOT know what they do?  I think almost all of them know exactly what they're doing.  They've heard, they've seen or know of people who have seen, they've been given the Word (both written, Spiritual, and in the flesh), yet what do they do?

1. Disappearinghead profile image60

Nope I think it's unlikely. For a start living in the West does not mean that the population at large have ever had the Church's version of the gospel described to them. Secondly, the message is nullified by the Church because of the corruption and hypocrisy; one only has to turn on God TV or Trinity Broadcasting Network to see this in action. Thirdly the Christian religion is largely a human invention: immortal conscious spirit leaving the body after death, ascending to heaven, Satan an arch fiend of God, torbent in the flames of hell, the trinity. These are all catholic inventions derived from assimilating pagan ideas.

Then just how far do you actually think Messiah has been preached in say China or Russia or the Islamic states? Now let's consider those others who died but were never told; those born more than 2000 years ago or those born in the last 100 years in darkest Africa. Does God judge by two sets of standards? Is that logical?

Haven't you noticed that in Revelation at the Great White Throne everyone is judged according to their WORKS and not by what they believed? Haven't you also noticed that although those that are thrown into the lake of fire are those who's names are not in the book of life, the bible never once tells us how one gets their names in there in the first place? Notice too how David asked God to blot the names of his enemies from the book, so they were in there and yet they did not believe in the Messiah as he hadn't yet come. In fact the only way to get a name blotted out is to change the word of God; which is exactly what the Church does all the time with ifs false pagan doctrines.

2. wilderness profile image93

John does not agree with your interpretation; he was very very clear that all you need to do is believe in Christ to be saved.  You do not need to "live a good life".  It doesn't take belief in the basics and it doesn't take sorrowful repentance; it takes belief in Christ.  Not loving Him, just believing in Him.

Unless you have been appointed by God to be His prophet and been given the right to change His inspired word you cannot make the call of changing that word to what you think is right.

1. profile image50

John was not authorized by Jesus to write anything; he is not a spokesperson of Jesus.

1. wilderness profile image93

No, but he wrote the missives and said the words that the church translated and modified under the eye to God to make up that part of the bible.

4. dungeonraider profile image87
    dungeonraiderposted 12 years ago

I can't speak for all Christians, but I can certainly speak for myself.  I have no belief whatsoever that people that haven't heard the Word of God will find themselves lost forever.  I don't believe in a God that would operate in that way.  I do believe that once you've heard the Word of God and choose to stay turned from Him, that, when you physically die, you may be lost to him forever.  I also believe that those that mock the Holy Spirit of God will be cast into the Lake of Fire.  That's what Hell is reserved for, so far as I've understood.  The man who lives his life morally correct will find no place in a Christian Heaven unless he also proclaims Jesus Christ as his Savior (to be cleansed of sin before setting foot in Heaven).

Christianity, and probably certain aspects of other religions, allow for some intellectual freedom.  I don't bother with Christian rituals or letter-for-letter determination.  I'm not a Holy Priest of God.  I'm just a believer.  And I don't put my belief in a box and condemn other men for not being perfect followers of perceived religious law.  That would be futile, anyway.

LOL! So, first you say we're going to hell because we don't proclaim Jesus as our Savior, but you're not going to condemn other men for not following your God.

lol The hypocrisy is outstanding.

2. wilderness profile image93

I'm not quite following here.  First you say that

"I have no belief whatsoever that people that haven't heard the Word of God will find themselves lost forever" but then claim:

"The man who lives his life morally correct will find no place in a Christian Heaven unless he also proclaims Jesus Christ as his Savior".

The two seem diametrically opposed unless you are assuming purgatory or something like it that is nether heaven nor hell?

1. dungeonraider profile image87
        dungeonraiderposted 12 years agoin reply to this

@A Troubled Man - How can I be a hypocrite when I didn't write the Bible nor am I in a position to judge you when you die??  And if I did say you were going to Hell, would you really believe it, coming from me?  I hope not.  Matters of God are serious and I sincerely hope that any unbelievers out there have at least read some of the Torah, Quran, and/or Bible before making any decisions about their own faith and destiny.

@wilderness - I haven't made a decision as to what I believe when it comes to unbelief.  Do I believe that a child, who was molested by a priest in his youth, and turns away from God, is lost forever?  Of course not.  I doubt that the God of All is an entity that I would be able to understand, anyway.  But my studies and belief have brought me to a place where I believe Hell was widened by past believers to include more than will really be lost there.  Those that mock the Holy Spirit of God will endure everlasting torment.  Those that do not, will not.

And someone once told me, 'Jason, why would a person who didn't want to associate with Christians or God in real-life want to spend eternity with them in Heaven?'

No, I don't take your empty threats seriously, no matter how many times you utter them. But, the fact remains that you are threatening me with your beliefs.

There are plenty of books that have things written in them that we would never do or utter to others. Yet, you are doing exactly that but are not taking responsibility for your actions.

Interestingly enough, there is a greater degree of education amongst non-believers about religions than the believers themselves.

But no, matters of God are not serious at all. They are irrelevant.

5. earnestshub profile image80

There are a helluva lot of people in the world Brenda, probably a billion in China and India alone who know nothing of your beliefs, as well as those who neither read nor write, or are are infirm.

1. WD Curry 111 profile image57
      WD Curry 111posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Well put.

1. earnestshub profile image80
        earnestshubposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thanks! What's for dinner? smile

1. WD Curry 111 profile image57
          WD Curry 111posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Bangers and mash!

1. earnestshub profile image80
            earnestshubposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Fine by me. I like a bit of half cooked onion in the potatoes. smile
            I take my religion as it is..... half baked. smile

6. WD Curry 111 profile image57
    WD Curry 111posted 12 years ago

It isn't about punishment, so much. "Perfect Love casts out fear." I want to know and have that perfect Love. I don't, maybe we can work together to find it.

7. WD Curry 111 profile image57
    WD Curry 111posted 12 years ago

This is a tough one. When Christianity hit America, with her insistence on personal freedom, it was like a shotgun blast of theology and doctrine. When asked, I say I am a Christian. Others insist that I specify more accurately. What kind of Christian? Catholic, Baptist, Methodist, Pentecostal, Presbyterian, Charismatic, Episcopal, American Methodist Episcopal, Mountain Assemblies Church of God (pick up a snake, brother!)?

No! I am a Christian. The first non-denominational denomination. The premise was, "Find common ground." No one seemed willing to accommodate us in our mission. We were so stupid, that we entertained the possibility of all people cooperating to eliminate wrong and establish right as a life-style.

Excuse me, did I mentiont Martin Luther King and Malcolm X? That's right . . . Malcolm had the courage to change his mind about racism when he made the pilgrimage to Mecca . . . it cost him his life. Can you take a hint?

8. earnestshub profile image80

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooh!
    Like a kick in the wedding vegetables! lol

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)