I have changed locations from, Occupy Wall Street, to, Occupy Austin.

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (28 posts)
  1. OLYHOOCH profile image61
    OLYHOOCHposted 12 years ago

This is what I am watching now, http://www.livestream.com/occupyaustin

Wall Street got too far out there and it is getting bad publicity from all.

This Occupy Austin site is a lot less stressful and they give you all the NEWS updates on other Occupy sites,

If by chance you are a Facebook fan, you can CHAT at Occupy Austin site.

Occupy Wall Street knocked Facebook CHAT off. Why, I don't know.

The only reason I am posting this here is if there are any Facebook fans here, they now have a place to CHAT.

We are the, 99%, and will not back down. We have a Government that is broken, a Congress that does not care about you, us, anymore, and, a Senate that can not make a decision. Good or bad, they just can't do it.

So, the choice is yours. You can keep up with what is going on, or, just stay asleep.

I am one of the 99%. What are you and what does your country mean to you.

Your choice.

OLY

1. Mighty Mom profile image77
      Mighty Momposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thanks, Olyhooch.
      It's pretty exciting, really.
      Identifying as one of the 99% seems to be a common ground that disenchanted, disgruntled, disenfranchised, disgusted and just plain mad as hell and we're not gonna take it anymore common folks from ALL walks of life (lefties, righties, centrists and everyone in between) can all rally around.
      I sure hope this movement wakes up the powers that be!

2. Hollie Thomas profile image60
      Hollie Thomasposted 12 years agoin reply to this

This sounds dreadful, although not surprising. Why would Occupy Wall Street knock off one of their life lines? Two reasons spring to mind here. One: They didn't, and this is a classic example of internet censorship. Two: The  powers that be can  use this media to track and harass OWS protesters.  Either way, you have provided an alternative. I'm a UK citizen but one of the 99% also. smile

2. Reality Bytes profile image76
    Reality Bytesposted 12 years ago

It is going to get violent to the point that the President will declare Martial Law.

Bush's dream come true, and of course Obama is nothing but Bush light.

OLYHOOCHposted 12 years agoin reply to this

The one BIG problem that I can see, is, Getting that 1%'s ATTENTION. Then what do we do?????

1. Hollie Thomas profile image60

You've already got their attention. Now comes the fight, then comes the list of detailed and specific demands.

Reality Bytesposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It is not what will we do, it is what will they do?

Internment camps?

3. Ralph Deeds profile image66
        Ralph Deedsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

How about the guillotine for one or two of the worst offenders?

Take a little time and see what is going on in, Alabama.

OLY

Alabama is persecuting the wrong people. Not the 1%.
            BTW, I read there's a huge exodus of immigrants (documented AND undocumented) leaving Alabama and coming to California.

2. Mighty Mom profile image77

Whatever happened to Pacifist Senator Obama?

But yes, that could well happen. If so, do you think he will wish he'd brought more troops home sooner?
      He's gonna need all military hands on deck to contain this quiet riot!

1. Repairguy47 profile image59
        Repairguy47posted 12 years agoin reply to this

He's a peace loving man, he even has an award to prove it.

Not anymore, he's not.
          He's turned into a major league hawk internationally.
          Wish he'd use some of that testosterone to handle Congress!

I have a good friend in Alabama. They live right across from one of those, FEMA camps. Milatary garded.

They are packing up and going else where to live. We, the poeple have been asleep for the last 50 years.

Well, guess what.

HEAR US AND HEAR US, NOW, GOVERNMENT

Get Ready, AMERICA. HI, We are, WE THE PEOPLE. And, WE THE PEOPLE, are coming, and, The SLEEPING GIANT, is coming with us.

Our Government does not know how to work a Budget and Obama has no clue.

OLY

A MESSAGE TO THE GOVERNMENT FROM," WE THE PEOPLE "

We Give, Give, Give. We Give, Give, Give. You Take, Take, Take. You Take, Take, Take.

We are taking back our City's, We are taking back our Towns

We are taking back our States, cause the Government going down.

You tell us this and you tell us that, but you never do a thing

When you get this message, a bell might go of, and go Ding, Ding, Ding.

You have helped yourself to our Social Security, and now it's our Medicare

The price of thing's are so dam high, we can't even go no where.

Our Government is broken, our Congress doesn't care

Our Senate can't make a decision, now that's just not fare.

So WE THE PEOPLE, have made a choice to tack our country back

It won't be fun and when we are done, you will put us back on the right track.

From one of, "WE THE PEOPLE"

Mr. Orlin E "OLY" Olson, aka, One of the, 99%

Reality Bytesposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I do not think our sons and daughters in the military would point their weapons at us.  At least I would hope not.  Kudos to the Oathkeepers!

The Bilderbergers did a fine job grooming his image.  They have been working on him for a long time.

The guy is a much better actor then Reagan ever was.  Facts are facts though and the man is covered in blood,  geesh even his peace prize has a residue over it.

Peace now equals the end of accountability. The end of Due Process and the rising of the messiah dictator.

3. LuisEGonzalez profile image78
    LuisEGonzalezposted 12 years ago

Amen to you sir for sticking up for what you believe. I am a professional with a good job and salary and I am proud to call myself one of the 99%. Its been enough. Government needs to listen and listen know. There is no reason why Americans should be struggling they way we are. We are going to start looking and feeling like a third world country unless people freaking wake up and demand the changes from the government that are needed now......mad

It's not just the Govt though is it? It's far more complex than that. The banksters and the Corps are able to gag and bully those in power, control many areas of the media and ultimately make or break politicians. However good the intention of a politician at the start of their career, they are ultimately constrained by the the "real power"

1. LuisEGonzalez profile image78
        LuisEGonzalezposted 12 years agoin reply to this

And you are right...politicians should tighten their belts & grow some guts and remember that the people put them there. Sooner or later those that elected them will be the ones who will get them out.......cool

BTW I have tweeted this link and on Facebook too...the word needs to get out.

Thank You, Luis. I am pushing as far and as hard as I can also.

OLY

2. Hollie Thomas profile image60

Those that elected them are also, and always have been, those that get them out. Unfortunately for us however, we are still left with the banksters and the corps (the real problem) We have always voted the in and out, but when, have we ever taken on the real power mongers before?  The problem, is in part with govt, but the real problem is with the financial elite. They deserve the biggest kicking.

So lets put enough pressure on the politicians so that they can in turn squeeze the bankers and corrupt corporations into line......mad

Yes, but I don't think the Government have enough power to squeeze the bankers and corps alone. They are more powerful than Governments. I think, of course, this is my humble opinion, that if we target the power (where power lies) it will be a lesson to any government, past or present, and sure to eventually gain govt support. If the people are truly behind govt then the govt will be so much braver. wink Lets get those banksters, they don't like attention.

4. aware profile image67
    awareposted 12 years ago

17 months? 0 hubs?
    and im suppose to   consider your ideas?
    how ?

How does the number of hubs, time on site or anything else has any bearing on the proposal of an idea or opinion??

BTW there are several hubbers who have had their hubs deleted or have deleted them themselves for various reasons.  hmm

2. OLYHOOCH profile image61

17 and 0. Why, that is perfect. I have not lost a battle. Was in the DOG HOUSE, once. OH, by the way, Mr. Aware.

I could care less what you do or think. That is your concern, not mine.

Just by looking, I would say you are out numbered.

We each have an opinion and I am happy to see yours.

Thank You,

OLY

5. imgreencat profile image60
    imgreencatposted 12 years ago

The powers that be are starting to show fear.  Their changing their statements, watching their words or attempting feel, felt and found.  Their playing with us, don't let them fool you.  They still hope this will all go away.  But it's too big now, too many people are realizing that our government is filled with obstructionists and criminals.  We have all just had it.  The only people that are not in favor of the movement are those that are in the 1% or are afraid of losing their jobs.  The later does not realize that they can be eliminated at any second.  I voted for Obama but he is doing the opposite of what he promissed.  If you or I did what these corporations did they would hang us.  Obama said he understands how we feel, (feel, felt. found) but the people in wall street are "necessary".  Obama was elected because he promissed the would take care of "main street".  He sold us down the river.  People in politics are bought and paid for by the corporate world.  They don't give a rat's ass what happens to their people.  We are just their captive slaves, here to do the work, fight their wars, and barely exist.  It's time there is a revolution in this country.  In the words of Anonymous, "we do not forgive, we do not forget".  Bring it on!

6. thebigbagblog profile image61
    thebigbagblogposted 12 years ago

Thanks for the info and the link. Heading to Austin this week to participate. Thanks, again!

Good luck in, Austin, The Big Bag Blog. You can find me on the Computer, if you have one Under LIVESTREAM or FACEBOOK.

OLY

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)