Why is my Hubpages tab on Facebook blank?

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (15 posts)
  1. Susan Ng profile image82
    Susan Ngposted 14 years ago

Hi.  I've selected the option to put Hubpages as a tab in Facebook but it's just a big white blank. I thought it was supposed to contain my activity in Hubpages? yikes

I don't want stories to automatically appear on my wall though, I want all automatic updates in the Hubpages tab.  I manually put links on my wall so I can put trackers and select which thumbnails appear. smile

2. Shalini Kagal profile image53
    Shalini Kagalposted 14 years ago

When you hit 'Publish' for a new hub, you get buttons for Facebook and Twitter coming up if you've enabled both. Click on the Facebook one, log in - and you'll find you URL there on your Wall smile

3. Susan Ng profile image82

I did that and hubpages published a story on my wall.  I didn't want it on my wall so I removed it.  I want it in the hubpages tab.  Does deleting the story on the wall also delete the entry from the hubpages tab?

4. mehra profile image59
    mehraposted 14 years ago

Susan ... for your Hubpages tab to work there has to be a Hubpages application built and developed on the facebook platform. Currently there isn't one in place hence you don't see any content on there.

Deleting stories on the wall has no effect on your hubs on Hubpages. The facebook button we recently launched just provided our users with a way to publish things on Facebook for ease of sharing with family and friends.

5. Susan Ng profile image82

I see. So why do I see a Hubpages application when I go to Facebook's application settings?  That's where I was able to add the Hubpages tab on my profile. yikes

6. agvulpes profile image85
    agvulpesposted 14 years ago

You may have to install your  widget on to facebook and then you will see your 4 top hubs ?

Susan Ngposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Uh, what widget, agvulpes? yikes

1. agvulpes profile image85
        agvulpesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Directly under your avatar there is a question? 'add xxxx widget to your website' try that. you have to copy and paste some html to your website (facebook)

7. Susan Ng profile image82

I think I may have tried that before but gave up 'cause I didn't know where to paste the code in facebook.  Hehe. tongue  And does facebook accept javascript?

I may have misled you on that. I had forgotten about the java script.
      I think what I did on FB was just copy the url of the Hub and pasted it into the Link box on my, Profile>settings>application settings>links> paste into http:// box. Try that !

Susan Ngposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I do that for all the new hubs I publish. smile I was just wondering what that hubpages tab is for. Thanks, agvulpes. smile

8. Susan Ng profile image82

No, wait. I just post the link directly on my wall and it shows up in my links section.  Is that the same as what you do?

You can also do it at you hub on the 'link to this'>facebook>fill in comment>select t/n >post. That will auto be installed into your links down the side of your FB profile.

Update to that I just did my marsupial hub this way and it appears in FB as a Link and an entry on my wall. I tried to put a thumbnail there but it did not appear ?

9. agvulpes profile image85
    agvulpesposted 14 years ago

The thumbnail is now appearing on FB, but only on the Wall entry.

10. Susan Ng profile image82

I usually just click on Write something... and paste the URL in the links section. The link appears on my wall and in my boxes tab. smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)