"Non Believers"

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (39 posts)
  1. Cagsil profile image71
    Cagsilposted 12 years ago

I would say that there are more pretenders claiming to believe than there are pretenders claiming not to believe. lol

1. profile image0
      DiamondGirl27posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Perhaps a nonbeliever will come on and answer the question.

Cagsilposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I hold no belief whatsoever with regards to any god. However, if you want to talk about a "higher power"? Then let's talk. But, under no circumstances are you to associate a higher power with the word known as "god". They are two distinct things.

A higher power might be in existence. A god has no need to be in existence.

1. profile image0

OK...  You say a higher power might.  Why aren't you certain that it does or doesn't?

Because, all is not known. Why else?

1. profile image0

So why do you think there's a possibility that a higher power "might" exist?

I just said- because ALL is NOT known, this includes everything there is to know about the Universe itself and knowledge(including experiences) is always on going.

We simply do not know everything there is to know. wink

2. profile image0
        Emile Rposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yes. They do. I've got a sneaky suspicion you are one of them.

2. profile image0

@Emile R  I have a sneaky suspicion that you're a cross-dresser.  What's your point?

1. MelissaBarrett profile image58
            MelissaBarrettposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Wow... a personal attack... 47 posts in before a bannable offense... It might be a record.

1. profile image0

Is that a word? It looks fruity. Bannable. Bananable.

Of course it's a word.  I typed it.  Those with English degrees are allowed to make up words... it's one of the perks.

Edit: Holy Crap!  It IS a word.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/bannable

Damn the online dictionaries work fast... I just made it up... what 3 minutes ago?

1. profile image0

lol lol

I was joking. I know it's a word. It just looks funny.

2. profile image0

My point is. You're posting very aggressively. I'm not sure what your point is. Why are you baiting?

And I lack a certain fashion flair, but I can't wear guy pants. Hips. What's to be done with them?

3. Randy Godwin profile image61
        Randy Godwinposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Perhaps a true believer will ask one.

1. profile image0

So basically you all believe but only say that you don't. OK, thanks for responding.

How on Earth did you reach the above conclusion from Randy's post? roll

LMAO...

You should like this girl Cagsil... she has conversations with herself too.

Sounds like a lot of other people who frequent the forums. lol

I like to think I have parallel conversations...

Jury still out on that. lol

2. profile image0

Yall are just hopping on forums tryin to create drama!  Yall are believers so just cut it out!

1. profile image0

I'M DONE!

Another deleted OP?

Quit starting threads and deleting the OP, just because you think people are creating drama.

I suggest you grow some thicker skin.

2. earnestshub profile image81
                  earnestshubposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You were "done" before you started. lol

2. Cagsil profile image71

Oh, so now you're calling those who don't hold any belief in a god, a liar? roll

2. profile image51
    paarsurreyposted 12 years ago

"Non Believers"

- are the people who doubt un-naturally.

Unnaturally? lol Boy do you have things backwards. lol

3. profile image0
    RookerySpoonerposted 12 years ago

We are all non-believers in somethng.  For many religious folks, they do not believe in science or the evidence for evolution, or the age of the universe.  And there are some which still insist that the Earth is flat.  The difference is that those who don't believe in religion, don't because of the lack of evidence.  The religious non-believer refuses to believe in real evidence in an attempt to convince themselves of the reality of their religious vews.

Interesting statement, but seems to be a little confusion though. lol

1. profile image0
        RookerySpoonerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Which part is confusing?

"Religious non-believer"? And then you go on to say the rest of your statement? How is it that you don't see the confusion in your statement?

1. profile image0
            RookerySpoonerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Someone who is religious, often does not believe in many things, which do not agree with their faith.  There are many hubbers on here, who because of their religious belief do not believe in evolution, or that the age of the universe is approximately 13.7 bllion years old.  Instead, they insist it was created in six days 6,000 years ago in October.

Even you, from another forum have stated that you believe science has now made immortality possible, even though there is no evidence for this.  Your faith that it has could almost be described as a religious belief.

It was the way you phrased your statement.
              I didn't say that I believed any such thing. I asked you how you reached your conclusion with the fact that science would never be able to find or create immortality? There's a difference.
              It's not a belief to begin with. I know for a fact that science is only trying to understand reality and the world which we live on/in. Beliefs don't have a requirement of facts or evidence. Therefore, I have very few beliefs and those are always changing.

4. A Troubled Man profile image57
    A Troubled Manposted 12 years ago

Another diamondgirl thread in which the OP was deleted? What gives?

1. Hollie Thomas profile image60
      Hollie Thomasposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Trying to work that out myself?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)