Harold Camping Oct. 21 Rapture Prediction Now Quieter With Less Suffer

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (24 posts)
  1. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 12 years ago

Looks like we're in for another rapture;
    anyone getting ready for this one?
    http://global.christianpost.com/news/ha … ing-58248/
    Harold Camping has predicted that the rapture will take place on Oct. 21, following his May 21 prediction failed to come to pass. He explained this by saying May 21 was just the spiritual rapture, and the physical rapture would soon follow in October.
    When describing the rapture prior to May 21, Camping spoke about a great earthquake "such as was not since men were upon the earth, so mighty an earthquake, and so great."

He then said that those "who survive this terrible earthquake will exist in a world of horror and chaos beyond description. Each day people will die until Oct. 21, 2011, when God will completely destroy this earth and its surviving inhabitants."

2. recommend1 profile image61
    recommend1posted 12 years ago

what a happy little camping he is  !  big_smile

3. A Troubled Man profile image58
    A Troubled Manposted 12 years ago

It's not the actual physical rapture that's so exciting to be part of, it's the waiting. smile

4. Disappearinghead profile image60
    Disappearingheadposted 12 years ago

If he's right this time will we give him a rapture-ous applause? lol

5. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 12 years ago

So if there is a great earthquake on Oct 21st should we be prepared to leave?

6. profile image0
    Emile Rposted 12 years ago

I'd like to think October 21st was the end of something. If there was only a giant sinkhole that appeared and swallowed Camping's radio station I'd believe there was a God.

7. seamist profile image60
    seamistposted 12 years ago

Who's he fooling. Matthew 24:36 ""No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." I wonder how he accounts for this....

1. profile image0
      lavender3957posted 12 years agoin reply to this

I agree with you on the verse where it says no one knows the hour. Was it not predicted if I am correct to my Grandmothers stories of the 60's, that earth will be destroyed in 1969? No one knows when the son of God will return. Where are they getting this information?

2. Jerami profile image57
      Jeramiposted 12 years agoin reply to this

That is right Jesus told them what year an month;  but he didn't tell them what day and hour that it would ocure.

1. seamist profile image60
        seamistposted 12 years agoin reply to this

@ Jerami

Just out of curiosity, where does it say in the bible what month and year he will come? I've never heard that before.

1. Jerami profile image57

Actually, Jesus didn't directly say that.
            But it was soon after the 10th of July,138, but we don't know the day or the hour.

The book of Daniel tells us this, But only to be seen in hindsight.
          Each vision that Daniel had about four beasts or kingdoms, Gabriel interpreted them saying that these were the FIRST four kingdoms to be given dominion over the earth. In my opinion; Earth in this instance could/should have been translated as Israel. Everything outside of the Promised Land was said to be  the wilderness.

In chapter two, Babylon is said to be the first kingdom.
            Later, Persia and Grecia are identified as the second and third.
            The Roman Empire wasn't named because Daniel didn't even know that a small village called Rome even existed. And he certainly didn't know it would grow into a great kingdon.

And concerning the fourth kingdom (Roman Empire), there will be ten kings and after them there shall be another king which replacing three kings.
            SOoo, this "Little horn is the fourteenth king of the fourth kingdom.
            And Hadrian was the fourteenth Emperor/king. Hadrian was the last king to ever have dominion over that Hebrew Nation.  Yes there were many emperors to rule the Roman Empire after him, But they didn't have dominion over a nation called Israel!
             Cause that nation no longer existed. They even renamed the land and city of Jerusalem in an effort to erase it’s rememberinse.

Daniel 11:45 ...  and he shall come to his end and none shall help him.
          "...AND  AT THAT TIME, Michael stood up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people (Hebrews) ..."  At that time thy people shall be delivered, everyone that shall be found written in the book

This is talking about the rapture to happen when the 14th Emperor of Rome (Little Hoen) comes to his end.    July 10, 138. 
            The rapture happened soon after July 10,138 AD, but no one knows the day or hour.

I am not that bible literate on chapters like Daniel and Revelations. Are you trying to say the rapture has already happened?

Well   Yes,  That is unless Jesus was wrong when he said some of them standing there in front of him was going to be alive to see it.

And there are dozens of indicators to this fact all over the New trestament, and a few in the Old.

BUT  if we don't like what it says ....   all we gota do is to interpret it all away.

@ Jerami

I'm not trying to be difficult, but if you think he has already come, where is Christ? Where are the 1000 years of peace? Where is the establishment of God's kingdom on earth. Supposedly, Christ has a mission in coming down here. By now, the world as we know it should have been destroyed. Do you agree?

I don't mean to be arguementive either  Just stating what I strongly believe.

Yes I do believe he has fulfilled this prophesy known as the Second coming.

There is no place in scriptures promising 1000 years of peace on earth.
                    There is no place is scripture that says Christ will come to earth for 1000 years.
                     These are gross MIS interpretations of Rev 20.

In this chapter John has a vision while he is in heaven, he sees those who had been beheaded for their testimony. These are dead people and they are in heaven. Scripture doesn't say that they leave from where they are; and come to earth.
                    And they are in heaves and will reign with Christ for 1000 years(in heaven); while Satan is bound in the bottomless pit.
                    At Some time Before Satan was bound, Satan gives his power and his seat to the beast that rose up out of the sea (C13).
                     The Beast is given 42 months to blaspheme the Lord. These are not 42 months as we know it, this is prophetic months. You know a day = a year kind of thing. But that is not the correct equation.  More on that later.

Now; if you notice, when the sixth bowl is poured out, Satan, the Beast and false prophet are seen in the dried up Euphrates river bed.
                    And spirits come out of their mouths to gather together the kings of the earth for the Battle of Armageddon.
                    When Satan was released he knows that he has but a LITTLE Season to accomplish his task. I believe a season in prophesy is 119 of our years.

Point being,  the 1000 years that Satan was bound, had to have been contained within the 42 months of the beast.

I haven't read any of this for myself yet. But for sake of being able to continue the discussion, let's just say I agree. So, what now? Do you believe that believers are already in heaven awaiting the completion of God's kingdom on heaven?

8. Randy Godwin profile image61
    Randy Godwinposted 12 years ago

Isn't he a fruitcake?  I don't remember what flavor.  Probably some sort of Baptist or other.  Something with plenty of nuts in it, no doubt.  smile

I'm not trying to be mean to anyone on this forum, but it's hilarious the way you describe different faiths as flavors, and especially with plenty of nuts in it.

1. Randy Godwin profile image61
        Randy Godwinposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Glad to give you a few chucks whatever the reason. smile

9. livelonger profile image85
    livelongerposted 12 years ago

All of these old guys are absolutely, positively sure the rapture will happen before they die. They all seem to conveniently predict a date that's a year or two before their natural demise. lol

1. Stacie L profile image88
      Stacie Lposted 12 years agoin reply to this

that's a good point livelonger....why haven't they predicted this when they were younger?...roll
      lots of sinners "get religion" as they approach judgement day...

10. manlypoetryman profile image83
    manlypoetrymanposted 12 years ago

If he keeps on guessin'...he might just get close...one of these days...on accident hmm !

"but of that day and hour no one knows..." Matt. 24:36

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)