Three's a Crowd

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (27 posts)
  1. aefrancisco profile image60
    aefranciscoposted 12 years ago

A guy just broke up with his girlfriend for five years. Along the way, he meet a girl who's so bubbly that he courted her. Luckily, the girl also liked him. And these two individuals had loved each other for a month. When the ex have learned about the new love of his former boyfriend. The ex told the guy that he still love him. The guy is so confused. Who should he choose - the past, whom he spent almost 5 years? or the present - whom he just meet for a month?

1. rosaliee03 profile image57
      rosaliee03posted 12 years agoin reply to this

the ex is probably just jealous, seeing as the man just got into a new relationship. as hard as it sounds, the man probably shouldn't be in either relationship. if he can't completely give himself to either woman, he has no business being in a relationship at all. and remember, break ups don't just "happen". there is always a reason

2. profile image0
      lavender3957posted 12 years agoin reply to this

I was told to always follow your heart. What ever choice this person makes will be a choice of the happiness to what they want in their lives.

2. aefrancisco profile image60

Rosaliee03, so he must both let go of the two ladies? what if, both of the girl want him? really want him and love him? and both cannot afford to loss him?

1. profile image0
      Emile Rposted 12 years agoin reply to this

In that situation, the gentleman needs to reign in his ego. No one is so wonderful that you can't live without them.

I somewhat agree with aefrancisco. The guy doesn't need to be in a relationship with either.

3. aefrancisco profile image60

do not know ... he must make a choice ... thats all I know , so the precious time would not be wasted ...

4. Disappearinghead profile image60
    Disappearingheadposted 12 years ago

For the time being trying to work out who he should be with may not be worth the hasstle. He should just spend a few months with his mates and having a laugh over a few beers. His mates should be able to talk some sense into him. Romance comes and goes but mates are supposed to last a lifetime. Besides which there are plenty more fish in the sea.

1. aefrancisco profile image60
      aefranciscoposted 12 years agoin reply to this

and what should his past and present do ?

1. Disappearinghead profile image60
        Disappearingheadposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Just let them go. If they are going to starting fighting over him then that's a whole load of grief he doesn't need to put up with.

5. Escobana profile image76
    Escobanaposted 12 years ago

If a guy breaks up with his girlfriend....it's over.

Once it's over, it's done. I'm a strong believer of breaking up and keeping it that way. Whatever the reasons, it's over and time for a new chapter.

6. aefrancisco profile image60

@escobana ... just like a mirror ... that cannot be returned once broken .....

1. Cardisa profile image87
      Cardisaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It's obvious the guy doesn't know what he wants. He hasn't gotten over his ex, or this wouldn't be a problem. 

He needs to give both relationships a break to figure out what he really wants.

2. Escobana profile image76
      Escobanaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

@ Aefrancisco....You're so right! Broken is broken!

7. Randy Godwin profile image60
    Randy Godwinposted 12 years ago

Why not simply allow the guy to decide for himself?  smile

1. Escobana profile image76
      Escobanaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

'We allow' the guy to decide for himself after having read our insightful comments....if he wants to be adviced in whatever kind of a way:-)

Answers to questions can be so fun. You learn and you decide whatever you like....all on your own:-)

2. RedElf profile image89
      RedElfposted 12 years agoin reply to this

because that's far too simple big_smile

1. Randy Godwin profile image60
        Randy Godwinposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Only if you think like a girl, RE!  smile

8. profile image0
    klarawieckposted 12 years ago

The present is constantly shifting and changing.. the past, you can't change if you want. Relationships need time to be defined. A month is not enough time to know if love is real.

Wow!  I've never read the rules on love before, Klara!  What is the least amount of time for one to discover whether love is real or not?  I mean by the book and all?  smile

1. profile image0
        klarawieckposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Enough time to satisfy the curiosity and lust produced by the original attraction. If you survive past that time and still wake up and feel something strong, the glue that holds you together, then you can be sure you are in love. I've been in lust plenty of times and a couple of times in love. I should know the difference.

One cannot do all of that in less than a month?

Never tried glue before!  Kinky!  Which works the best, Elmer's or superglue?smile

1. profile image0
            klarawieckposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hey little snake... I use crazyglue! lol

It usually takes six months for lust to become "oh! That!" And then you move on.

Six months?  Some marriages don't last that long!  lol

9. ubanichijioke profile image73
    ubanichijiokeposted 12 years ago

For me, i will move on with my life and love the person i ve found instead of dwelling in the 'before'
    thanks

1. HattieMattieMae profile image60
      HattieMattieMaeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Always follow your heart, what does your heart tell you about the new woman, and what does it speak of the other one. You know the answer and it is found within your own heart. I've been in this place myself. It's easy to give people advice. The only suggestion that would really make a difference is if their is more darkness and pain for most of the relationship, and feels like you are drowning, it's time to move on from any woman that makes you feel less of a man than a whole man.

You're talking about hairy women, right?  smile

10. aefrancisco profile image60

@HattieMattieMae
    can you please elaborate your statement ... "it's time to move on from any woman that makes you feel less of a man than a whole man." thank you smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)