The Sinner's Prayer Today, could be a day of change for you. Don’t miss the opp

Jump to Last Post 1-14 of 14 discussions (31 posts)
  1. profile image52
    Romans814posted 12 years ago

“Father, I know that I have broken your laws and my sins have separated me from you. I am truly sorry, and now I want to turn away from my past sinful life toward you. Please forgive me, and help me avoid sinning again. I believe that your son, Jesus Christ died for my sins, was resurrected from the dead, is alive, and hears my prayer. I invite Jesus to become the Lord of my life, to rule and reign in my heart from this day forward. Please send your Holy Spirit to help me obey You, and to do Your will for the rest of my life. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.”

1. AEvans profile image72
      AEvansposted 12 years agoin reply to this

"Amen." smile

2. earnestshub profile image80
      earnestshubposted 12 years agoin reply to this

And here is the result.
      Flogging your religion on one of many forums on a writers site without having written anything.
      You sure are gonna change the world! lol

3. profile image51
      paarsurreyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Did Jesus author the above prayer or he instructed to pray like this.

Jesus did not die for anybody's sins on the Cross; he died later in Kashmir, India.

The prayer is not correct and needs to be corrected accordingly.

1. profile image51
        paarsurreyposted 12 years agoin reply to this
    4. getitrite profile image72
      getitriteposted 12 years agoin reply to this

No thank you.  I stopped believing in childish nonsense when I was still quite young. 

The fact that this stuff still has an affect on a, supposedly, educated society is perplexing!

This is  childish, whimsical, and above all...UNTRUE!

2. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 12 years ago

Do you come to hubpages just to spout this nonsense or do you have some invisible fairy whispering things inside your head and can't help yourself, flogging this rhubarb to the great unwashed of the world?

Go tell your story to all the kids who are starving to death while your god is busy finding your car keys!

Seek help! lol

1. Dave Mathews profile image60
      Dave Mathewsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

earnestshub: Be forwarned! I am the voice of one crying out in the wilderness, repent for the day of The Lord is nigh. You can mock people. You can mock their beliefs. You can mock prayer. You can mock a person's faith. BUT, you should never mock your creator Almighty God. God one day will say enough is enough, and you will answer to Him for mocking Him and His people.

1. recommend1 profile image60
        recommend1posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Your god, or nature as most others would see it will certainly end it all for everyone at some point - mocking ridiculous people and myths will not require any answer to anyone.

3. profile image52

@earnestshub, Your insults don't bother me; my identity is settled in Christ. And,it's apparent, you have made your choice; now, you have to live with the consequences of that decision.

I have discerned; you're operating under a evil spirit (spirit of error); which is not of God (The Father, The Son, The Holy Spirit).  You're Satan's pet; a child of disobedience, whose intention is to deceive.

I don't need help; I have all the help I need in Christ Jesus.  And, you know what, one day the same God and Christ (Jesus) you're critical of; will be the same One you have to deal with, later.

Now, that fleshly body isn't the real you; you're a 'spirit and soul', that's the real you.  And, that 'spirit and soul' is invisible; let me repeat, that spirit and soul is invisible.  Therefore, your invisible 'spirit and soul'; is eternal.  And, your 'spirit and soul' is destiny for Eternal Life or Eternal Damnation.  Hence, if you go to hell; you will need all the help you can get.

1. earnestshub profile image80

If you threatened me with hell to my face, you would soon be bleeding like a stuck pig loser. smile

You threaten by proxy because you don't have enough guts to say anything on your own behalf.

I know plenty of pious losers like you. In real life they are little people who have achieved nothing in this life, so make excuses for the not happening next life.

Gutless.

4. MelissaBarrett profile image57
    MelissaBarrettposted 12 years ago

Wow.  Earnest, did you know you were operating under an evil spirit?  You just HAVE to babysit now.

1. earnestshub profile image80

This loser will be gone soon, they always disappear in a myth of their own making. lol

1. carol3san profile image60
        carol3sanposted 12 years agoin reply to this

This subject is not my sort of thing.  I dont know why I'm responding...I think I will go now.

5. profile image52

The Sinner's Prayer

Father, I know that I have broken your laws and my sins have separated me from you. I am truly sorry, and now I want to turn away from my past sinful life toward you. Please forgive me, and help me avoid sinning again. I believe that your son, Jesus Christ died for my sins, was resurrected from the dead, is alive, and hears my prayer. I invite Jesus to become the Lord of my life, to rule and reign in my heart from this day forward. Please send your Holy Spirit to help me obey You, and to do Your will for the rest of my life. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.

6. profile image52

REPENT, for the Kingdom of God is at hand.

7. Cagsil profile image69
    Cagsilposted 12 years ago

The Kingdom of God is at hand?

It's pretty pathetic that you've never realized or understood the metaphor. Just more BS from the blind faith religious.

8. profile image52

REPENT, for the Kingdom of God is at hand!!!

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
      SomewayOuttaHereposted 12 years agoin reply to this

...stop sinning and you won't have to repent so much.....

1. profile image52
        Romans814posted 12 years agoin reply to this

The Sinner's Prayer - use this prayer for your salvation

Father, I know that I have broken your laws and my sins have separated me from you. I am truly sorry, and now I want to turn away from my past sinful life toward you. Please forgive me, and help me avoid sinning again. I believe that your son, Jesus Christ died for my sins, was resurrected from the dead, is alive, and hears my prayer. I invite Jesus to become the Lord of my life, to rule and reign in my heart from this day forward. Please send your Holy Spirit to help me obey You, and to do Your will for the rest of my life. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.

Repeating the same drivel is just spamming the forums - please quit.

Adults do not need an imaginary father to force them to behave, they just behave because it is of benefit to the social group and of benefit to themselves.   Getting your behaviour forced through fear and guilt is only a way to more sinning because you are not facing the reality of what you are doing.  Please grow up and go get educated at a real school.

9. Captain Redbeard profile image61
    Captain Redbeardposted 12 years ago

Romans814 are you expecting someone to spill their life out to you here and tell you they just repeated these words? I don't understand this Forum.

10. profile image52

Matthew 7:13,14 "Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it."

11. profile image52

@recommend1, if that's you mind-set and choice; then, that's fine.  But, you don't speak for everybody.  So, hold your peace, foolish one.

I am my own peace, oh foolish follower of magical verses, magical verses that allow you to repeat your sins over and over again with impunity.

Go molest some christian group and stop littering the place up with your tripe, go get an education so that you are able to see what the words mean that you read, and learn to apply reason to them to see the logical and unavoidable outcome of blindly following nose to tail with other fools.

12. profile image52

@recommend1, stop thinking; you have overloaded your mental capacity. 

WARNING...WARNING...OVERLOAD...OVERLOAD...OVERLOAD...IMPLOSION HAS OCCURRED!!!

I don't know how can you think your way through a day.  You're truly amazing, O Foolish one!!!  LOL

That is exactly the point - I think my way through every day, through my whole life in fact.  You choose the blind lab rat approach and have no ideas about morals, ethics or why you do or do not do anything - that is absolute foolishness in itself.  I can understand that my mental abilities may amaze you, I am a University prof after all, but in reality I am just normal intelligence, just like most people on this planet.  They may seem amazingly superior beings to you but in fact all those other people are modern normal humans, you are just a forgotten evolutionary dead end.

13. profile image52

@recommend1, wow Professor, you really set me straight, with the 'blind rat approach' comment and on the issue of 'morality and ethics.'  Are they words that you live by?

Anyway, this will be my last comment on HubPages, I believe this should make you and others happy.  And, may the Blessing of God and the Lord Jesus Christ be upon you.

By the way, you're professor at, what university????

1. wilderness profile image96
      wildernessposted 12 years agoin reply to this

If this is truly your last post on HP then indeed God has blessed us.

2. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
      SomewayOuttaHereposted 12 years agoin reply to this

...oh no...

U of L

University of Luv....Professor Luv

14. The Suburban Poet profile image81
    The Suburban Poetposted 12 years ago

Don't feed the troll..... No Hubs + No Bio = Troll

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)