Anyone Write for Textbroker?

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (29 posts)
  1. charliegrumples profile image40
    charliegrumplesposted 12 years ago

I've been using textbroker for some article sites I've done (not HP don't worry).. I write some of my articles myself but when I'm doing one for a subject I find tedious I outsource it there.  I'm thinking bizarrely that maybe I should sign up as a writer there too and pick ones I fancy doing.

Just wondered if anyone here has written for them and how you get on .. good or bad.

thanks

1. Shawn Scarborough profile image68
      Shawn Scarboroughposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I have written for Textbroker for about 3 months now.  The hardest thing about writing for Textbroker is that the topics are sometimes not very interesting to write about.  Some days I may find 2 or 3 articles I want to write and then it will be several days before I find another I want to write.  I spend a lot of time looking for articles to write and less time actually writing. 

It is a good way to make some extra cash now if you need it but it can be tedious and boring as well.  I am focusing more on HubPages now as a way to make money.  It takes a lot more time starting out but the money you make at HubPages is residual income that keeps coming every month.

2. Painted Seahorse profile image89
      Painted Seahorseposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I've just started at Textbroker myself. I've submitted the first five articles and I'm waiting for the site to rate them so I can continue.

I agree with Shawn, the topics aren't especially interesting, but the idea of being paid quickly and regularly is very appealing. From what I've heard from other writers on TB, the website treats its writers fairly when there are disputes between clients and writers, so that's another plus.

3. AEvans profile image71
      AEvansposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I have written for them in the past, but find Constant-Content to be more lucrative for me. Textbroker does have boring articles and you get paid pennies. With Constant-Content I can pick and choose who I wish to write for and the topic.  I can also sell my work fairly. smile

charliegrumplesposted 12 years agoin reply to this

That's interesting .. do you know if they accept UK based writers?  Also, what price do you think it is fair an reasonable to offer an article for (say around 400 words or so).

ahh ignore the first bit .. they do apparently:-)

1. profile image50
            flipjorkposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Deleted

2. LindaSmith1 profile image60
          LindaSmith1posted 12 years agoin reply to this

With constant content your work can sit there for years, and you will earn nothing til it is sold and paid for.

With textbroker, you write for the client, article is accepted and you are paid. No waiting for your money.

2. Hollie Thomas profile image61
        Hollie Thomasposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Here is a link to quite an extensive list of article writing sites. Competency, rates and frequency of pay are also detailed. The list indicates whether international writers are accepted, although I know from my own experience this is 100% accurate in this respect, so worth checking out with the company in question.

https://sites.google.com/site/newentrep … me-tracker

1. Stacie L profile image89
          Stacie Lposted 12 years agoin reply to this

very nice and useful link... thanks!

1. Hollie Thomas profile image61

No problem, I meant to say in the above post it is not 100% accurate as to whether international writers are accepted at all of them, but as you're a US citizen, Stacie, it doesn't matter does it. They're almost all US companies. smile

4. Pearldiver profile image67
      Pearldiverposted 12 years ago

Cheers for the heads up... But I've done Remarkably Well NOT Using Them!
      (And then I Don't Worry about such issues big_smile )

I guess your affiliate agency requires you to only promote their 'service' positively in public?   smile

Sorry to see your Rugby Team leave the World Cup so early in the peace. sad

5. charliegrumples profile image40
      charliegrumplesposted 12 years ago

Ah ... looks like my plan is scuppered anyway .. looks like they only accept USA writers and I'm in the UK. Bit silly really as I've had 2 level 3 articles written for me and while they may have lived in the USA, at least one of them didn't have English as their first language of that I'm sure!

Anyone recommend any other similar sites that have a decent reputation?

thanks

1. LindaSmith1 profile image60

Unfortunately, due to U.S. tax regulations, we can only employ U.S. citizens and residents as freelancers at this time. We know that writers outside the U.S. are extremely talented and quick and would love to have them on board. It is the tax issue that prevents us from doing so.

If you are a U.S. citizen abroad, please do sign up and send us a scanned copy of your U.S. ID.

US only is from Text Broker

2. Hollie Thomas profile image61

You could try wisegeek. They pay between 10 and 15 dollars for a 400 word article.

6. LindaSmith1 profile image60
      LindaSmith1posted 12 years ago

Charlie: I write for them. The rates vary according to how they rate you. There are 2 ways. The client may rate work to be excellent, while TB does not,. I don't do bad depending on what I select. I am not writing 500 words for topic I have to do a lot of research on for 3 bucks.

I do a lot of short ones. Clients are no problem at all in my experience. The minimum payout is 10 dollars.

7. wordscribe43 profile image91
      wordscribe43posted 12 years ago

I just signed up for Constant Content myself.  I have no experience with Text Broker, personally.  My only hesitation with CC is the fact that there seems to be a lot of competition.  I have no clue what types of articles sell, honestly.  I'm going to go for it, but I reckon I need to be quite patient.

Your articles on Constant Content can sit for a year or more without being purchased if at all.  I joined them, passed tests with flying colors. Then after writing an article or 2 I was cancelled by CC saying my writing was not up to their standards which is hilarious.

Their website is full of spelling, grammar and punctuation errors. When they reject your article, the rejection comes from Constant Content only, and they are never specific. Why are they rejecting articles anyway? Constant Content does not purchase them, others do. But, they decide what will be place on site for sale and what won't be put out for sale. A waste of time actually.
        \

I've just signed up and introduced myself by pointing out a couple or spelling errors on their site lol .. I've heard they are pretty brutal with rejecting articles but probably worth a go.  I'm wondering if there are ny popular sites like Fiverr but that actually pay a bit more . I;m sorry, but I'm just not writing anything above 200 words for £2 !!

1. AEvans profile image71

Yes they can be brutal, but I haven't had any issues. They have actually assisted me with the improvement of my work. You can also bid on work. I wish you the best!

1. Ritsos profile image40
              Ritsosposted 12 years agoin reply to this

what would you think is a reasonable price to ask for say a 500 word article? Also .. any tips on how to find what sells well there ?

thanks

http://www.constant-content.com/  I believe this link will help you. There are writer's who on average ask for $45.00 for one 500 word article. For full rights to your article they ask from 70-100 if not more, based on the topic. I can say that the topics I write on are health related and very popular. But would I would recommend you do, is just sign-up it's free and feel out the area. Everyone has there own niche' and what may work for one person, may not work for another. smile

1. Ritsos profile image40
                  Ritsosposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thanks ... I have signed up and just need to write a few articles (with careful checking :-) ... I have done a lot of writing in the dental field so hopefully that may sell quite well as well :-) ... Thanks for the tips and now to write (and check VERY carefully lol)

I wish you all of the best and believe you will probably do well. smile

8. profile image50
      Chuck Testaposted 12 years ago

hey guys, i signed up for textbroker a few months ago and so far so good. my only grumble is that although my texts are getting high ratings and i am meeting all the requirements, i don't seem to have evolved from a 3 star writer. other than that, though, i am enjoying the experience. Can anybody else recommend any other such services to write for? i tried seed.com with mixed results and just joined independent publishing, which is so far so good....but i was wondering if there is any other gems out there?

Chuck: This is an issue with them, of getting ranking raised. I have written almost 100 articles for them and am at a 2. The clients rate my work excellent, when they do rate the work. Not all clients rate completed assignments. You can contact TB, but don't expect a straight answer on this subject. You can try Factoidz which is a bit like Hub pages. However, you do not get paid for adsense.  You cannot promote yourself, like you  can here. You cannot place links to your sites, blogs, any referral links at all. You are given more opportunity to earn from Hub pages than Factoidz. One thing they have is bonus articles in which you write product reviews for them. Bonus is up to 10 bucks, which you will only get paid 3-4  for them. There are some other article assignments, but pay not great for them either. In reality, I do not have as many articles on Hub Pages as I do with Factoidz, but I would guess that I earn more money here just for the Hubs. I can use my Amazon affiliate program here, where I cannot do that at Factoidz.   

Overall, I thing Hub Pages is the best place to be with your articles. You can do much more here than you can at other article submission sites.

9. Millionaire Tips profile image91
      Millionaire Tipsposted 12 years ago

I write for textbroker.  The pay is very small - about $5 - $10 bucks an article, so I choose requests on subjects I am already familiar with, or am willing to learn about. This makes it easy to write an article quickly.

It is very quick as well - since they must ask for a revision or accept your article in three days.  They pay every week, so it is quick money. 

Unfortunately, some of the requests are not well worded.  Sometimes the requester is vague because they are not choosy.  Other times the requester is very choosy but does not tell you. I have only had two articles which I chose not to revise. the instructions were vague, and it would have taken way too long to revise.

Sometimes it takes as much time to look for an article you want to write as it does to actually write the article.  The clients don't title their requests very well.

1. Stacie L profile image89
        Stacie Lposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I've worked for TB for over two years and can't get a raise either. Some of the clients directions and expectations are so unrealistic. i wont write for anyhting that requires extensive research anymore.

1. Millionaire Tips profile image91
          Millionaire Tipsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I write all my articles in Word, and run the spell and grammar check. I also reread them to make sure I didn't miss anything, although it does take time to do that.  I have only had 5 articles rated, but hopefully they will rate the other ones soon.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)