President Obama: God wants us to put people back to work

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (20 posts)
  1. ediggity profile image61
    ediggityposted 12 years ago

http://content.usatoday.com/communities … -to-work/1

Do you think the presidents statements will garner support for the recently proposed jobs bill and answer his prayer?

Additionally, wouldn't voting for the bill now conflict with the separation of religion and government? smile

1. Repairguy47 profile image60
      Repairguy47posted 12 years agoin reply to this

My God wants Obama to be unemployed.

2. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 12 years agoin reply to this

The man should get his own priorities straight.
      He has run the gamut from invoking so many other spirits that he's decided to invoke the Holy Spirit now when it's convenient for him to use as a weapon against the Right.   Eh...TRY to invoke God anyway.   I can't imagine God listening to him.  The Bible says to have no other gods before Him....and I see no evidence that Obama's suddenly become receptive to change.

ediggityposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the response Brenda.  I take it you dont think there is any chance that maybe the President is being sincere about his statements.

2. profile image0
    Emile Rposted 12 years ago

So. Let me see if I have this correct. You don't like the idea of separation of church and state; the religious right can invoke the name of God and it's a good thing, but when the president does it, it's a joke to you.

He was basically saying that worrying about legislation concerning the motto of ' In God We Trust' and not working on legislation to help each other was pointless. God helps those that help themselves was the point. I agree with him.

You have "this" incorrect.  smile. You sure do like to make assumptions and jump to conclusions. lol

1. profile image0
        Emile Rposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Gee edgity. Didn't you, repair guy and I all have a long conversation on another thread where you both were insisting that there should be no separation of church and state? Are you not posting this thread a bit tongue in cheek? Not sure what conclusions I've jumped to or assumptions I've made.

No, we didn't have that conversation.  I challenge you to find any post on any thread where I stated there should be no separation of church and state.  Again, you are jumping and assuming, there is no "tongue and cheek", work on comprehension.  smile

2. Repairguy47 profile image60
          Repairguy47posted 12 years agoin reply to this

I never had that conversation.

3. profile image0
    Emile Rposted 12 years ago

Both of you have forgotten your comments on the Atheists STOP thread. I didn't. However, I simply read Repair Guy's comments at the time. We didn't actually converse, so I overstepped my bounds by saying we were all talking to each other.

I havent forgot any comments on that thread.  It is you who forgot.  I never even alluded to anything that resembles your accusations.

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/85055?p … ost1840083

Read away to jog your memory.  It's not nice to start rumors.  smile

1. profile image0

I read through the whole thread. Just your comments. I stand behind what I've said. I don't start rumors. I used to attempt to come to an understanding and alleviate confusion between myself and another, simply because I thought people could honestly come to friendly agreement; but I've learned that here on Hub Pages this isn't always possible. Confusion runs rampant because people simply want to think they are always 100% right and others are always wrong.

Maybe  what I perceived as your adament support of the OP throughout the thread means something different than what I got out of it. Maybe it doesn't. At this point, I could care less because proving oneself right appears to be more important than anything else for some. If what I got out of your argument was different than what you meant, or if our understanding of full separation of church and state is different; we'll never know. But I don't start rumors. And I have little patience when accused of it.

You read through the "whole thread", just my comments, and you still stand by your accusation that I was "insisting that there should be no separation of church and state?". You seriously need to work on reading comprehension.  Sharing facts about the foundation of the United States of America, and what you accused me of are two totally different things. I give up, believe what you want. smile

1. profile image0

Although I find your comment rude, for rudeness sake, I'll explain. What you fail to accept is that if one agrees that the US was founded on Christian principles, there can be no separation. Your argument that it was a Christian nation would mean that our first laws were  founded on Christian beliefs. They weren't. There was a wall of separation intended by the document. Only religious people refuse to see and accept this.

I stopped arguing with you after that idiotic comment about the date. If you were going to use that as a part of your argument, you were incapable of attempting to understand why you are wrong.

I saw no reason to continue a conversation with someone who was wilfully blind.

Again, your logic is flawed.  There can still be separation of, the question is to what extent? Which is obviously what the founding fathers intended, otherwise there would be no current debate.  What you fail to realize is what's written in black and white.   Thanks for thread jacking. smile

"I stopped arguing with you after that idiotic comment about the date. If you were going to use that as a part of your argument, you were incapable of attempting to understand why you are wrong. "

"Confusion runs rampant because people simply want to think they are always 100% right and others are always wrong. "

You are 100% of the solution.  lol

1. profile image0

I didn't hi jack your thread. I commented and you didn't like the comment so you started this side conversation. This will be my last post, in deference to your wishes. As I said, I stand behind my statement and I have explained why. We don't need to argue to what extent. It was meant to be a complete separation. Only the Christian refuses to accept this fact.

You made assumptions about my belief on seperation of church and state based on your philosophy, and then stated I made a joke about the presidents comments.  Was that really necessary to do in order to write what you did in your second paragraph that actually gave some sort of response that complimented the thread?  And I'm the rude idiot?  lol

Fact?  lol  If you can show me, or anyone for that matter where in the Constitution of the United States of America it states, "complete separation of church and state" or even " separation of church and state" for that matter, I will delete all of my comments regarding our debate.  Only the comprehensibly challenged argue those facts.  smile

4. Reality Bytes profile image75
    Reality Bytesposted 12 years ago

When Obama mentions God he is actually referring to himself.

1. Mikel G Roberts profile image75
      Mikel G Robertsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

'yikes'

5. Disappearinghead profile image59
    Disappearingheadposted 12 years ago

Why are some bitching about Obama; I too would have thought God wanted to get people working.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)