how often do a lot of you hubbers write stuff?

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (31 posts)
  1. jfay2011 profile image61
    jfay2011posted 12 years ago

do a lot of you write all the time?  What first inspired you to write?  What do you like to write about?  I love to write fiction and am getting back into writing poetry.  It's fun to read everyone's hubs.  Everyone is so diverse.  It's great.

1. jonmcclusk profile image59
      jonmccluskposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Currently, I have been publishing at least once a day for my October Story Marathon. I like to write in my free time, it is just something that has been able to take my mind off of other things. I write about anything really; family, friends, zombies, birds, nature, and probably anything else. Fiction is good and poetry is great in my eyes.

1. Topnewhottoys profile image61
        Topnewhottoysposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Free Time? You Americans, you're so funny. (LOL just a joke, being American has nothing to do with it, it's the "Free time" part that's funny.

I usually spend 6 to 10 hours each day writing, editing, and updating my online content. Free time for me is when I visit these forums for a writing break.... and here I am writing some more...Geesh!

GA

2. AEvans profile image72
      AEvansposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I write all of the time. But I also write for different sites. HP is my R&R smile

3. Cogerson profile image78
      Cogersonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I am a slacker...I probably produce a new hub every 4 or 5 days...and the only place I write is here on HubPages.

4. Jlbowden profile image86
      Jlbowdenposted 12 years agoin reply to this

FJay:

I have signed up for a few other sites to write for, but mainly I write for Hubpages. It is not only relaxing for me, but I love writing for this site. So you could say I am loyal to them, at least for now. Also I try to write at least three times per week on the site. Hope this helps.

Jl

5. magodis profile image62
      magodisposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hi, I write whenever Im free with my laptop. When i see this has a very broad audience I felt I should write some of my religious ideas recently cropped up. But when I was writing, I felt I can't write well. At the same time I saw there are some income opportunities on hubpages. Now I have achieved 0.23USD and for a day it increases by 0.01USD. Im happy to see it grow like that. It inspires me to involve in writing. I want to write a long hub one day. Cheers!

6. robyna profile image60
      robynaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Right now I try to write 1 or 2 a day. I look at HubPages as a part time job. IMO, viewing it that way is the only way you're going to be successful. SEO is important but so is volume.

Just like any good job, I've set performance goals, etc. With that said, if you don't want to write a whole lot and loo at HubPages as sort of a hobby, there's nothing wrong with writing a Hub here and there earning a bit as a little bonus.

1. homesteadbound profile image83
        homesteadboundposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I too consider it to be a part-time job ... but the payback is a long time in coming... but my husband is too logical and only looks at the present ... so sometimes I just overlook his shortcomings in this respect ... smile
        Good thing I can smile about it because he sure can cause me grief in this respect. Another smile

2. profile image0
    Gofygureposted 12 years ago

Well, right now I write one blog post, one hub, and about 5000 words of a novel per day. I also have a part time job and am a full time student so, as you might guess, that is most of my free time. I'm in a major push right now to improve my writing and see if I can't make a decent living off a few sources of income. I enjoy writing, but the goal of making a living from it is what's pushing me to work to this extent.

1. Winter Maclen profile image59
      Winter Maclenposted 12 years agoin reply to this

When I first started I was doing the 30 hubs in 30 days challenge. I don't do it for the money, though it would be nice, so I tend to write when I feel artistic and not when I don't.  Sometimes I publish 5 in a week, others 1 or 2. Somehow that added up to 93 in 6 months so I guess I average 2 a day.

1. Aficionada profile image80
        Aficionadaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I believe you meant to say one Hub every two days.  (Two per day would be 360 Hubs.)

2. homesteadbound profile image83

gofygure - I am impressed! All of that and such excellent hubs too!

1. profile image0
        Gofygureposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Heh, I'm also a full time engineering student and I work 20 hours a week. Plus I'm in the process of renovating a small farm, so, as you can imagine, I don't get a lot of sleep. But writing and earning online is the first thing I've ever found that truly motivates me, and I'm really enjoying the work.

3. homesteadbound profile image83

You are my hero smile

3. kmackey32 profile image65
    kmackey32posted 12 years ago

I used to write a lot when I first joined hubpages. Not so much anymore but I need to..

4. Ms Dee profile image86
    Ms Deeposted 12 years ago

I seem to average two hubs a week, so I am less prolific than some. Also, I go in spurts. After a spurt, I seem to take a couple weeks off as I contemplate my next spurt of writing.

jfay2011posted 12 years agoin reply to this

I was averaging about one a day, but yesterday I wrote about eight or ten hubs.  It depends on the mood I am in.

1. Ms Dee profile image86
        Ms Deeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Interesting. People sure do vary in writing habits wink

2. homesteadbound profile image83

I would be exhausted after 8-10 hubs! you deserve a standing ovation!!!

jfay2011posted 12 years agoin reply to this

I ended up writing three or four today.  I am publishing my novel on here as I write it.  Only thing, once I get to sex scenes and murder, I might not be able to publish the UN edited version here.

5. profile image0
    Daniella Lopezposted 12 years ago

I try to write 1 hub a day and a minimum of 2,000 words in my novel daily. I also write for Helium.com about 3 times a week and my blog about 3-4 times a week. Some days I will write more than 1 hub, especially on days I've been writing a lot of poetry.

1. homesteadbound profile image83

That is certainly impressive. One of these days maybe I could get to this level!

6. profile image0
    Daniella Lopezposted 12 years ago

Your work ethic is very inspiring, Gofygure!

7. wanzulfikri profile image60
    wanzulfikriposted 12 years ago

I am thinking of writing at leas tone everyday.

8. paradigmsearch profile image59
    paradigmsearchposted 12 years ago

"how often do a lot of you hubbers write stuff?"

Sporadic interludes is my middle name.

9. prettydarkhorse profile image61
    prettydarkhorseposted 12 years ago

I will start third week of November again.

10. melpor profile image90
    melporposted 12 years ago

I write almost everyday. I will spend from to 2 to 4 days writing one hub because I spend most of that time researching the topic and later proofreading it before I published it. So generally I write about one hub a week and will eventually pick up the pace in the coming weeks since I now have more time to write. Most of my ideas for writing come from what I am reading in journals, magazines, and the newspapers.

11. QuestionMaster profile image78
    QuestionMasterposted 12 years ago

Hubbers like Ryankett and Wrylilt recorded writing from 5-8 hubs in a day from memory.

It really depends on what you're writing about (creative? for money? information?), if you have enough time and whether you're writing on multiple sites I believe.

12. ThoughtSandwiches profile image74
    ThoughtSandwichesposted 12 years ago

I am good for a story every seven to ten days on average.  This represents the whole 'process' time, generally from one story idea to the next idea.  I think that means I have one idea every ten days.  That seems about right.  This is the only place I write.

13. David 470 profile image81
    David 470posted 12 years ago

Originally, I wanted to publish at least 1-2 hubs every other day or every day, however, I realized that it's not the time I put in, but what I put in to the time. I also seem to get writers block if I write multiple hubs a day.

It's been about a week since I published a hub, but this month November 2011, I will be writing a lot because of upcoming topics etc..

It's better to write 1 hub that has the potential to get 100-1000 views a day than to write 10 hubs that get no views, regardless of how well it was written. If it's not being searched for, or the topic has high competition, then no success will be made - well at least no success can be made easily in that regard.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)