Duplicated Hub

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (22 posts)
  1. thelyricwriter profile image82
    thelyricwriterposted 12 years ago

I can't understand why the moderator keeps saying that my article is copied. Absolutely no words are duplicated on this hub. I send it in. I feel like it is being done on purpose. Sorry, but I do. Is there anyone that can address this matter for me? Thank you.

1. mary615 profile image82
      mary615posted 12 years agoin reply to this

I've often thought of this potential problem  With thousands of blogs out in cyberspace, it's hard to think of a topic that hasn't been discussed in one way or another.  Sound like one of the "robots" they use to search other sites picked up on a topic, or something else that caused yours to be flagged for being copied.  I'd email the staff for more info.  They are excellent about answering concerns you have.

2. CMHypno profile image82
    CMHypnoposted 12 years ago

There must be duplicated text within the hub for the moderator to have flagged it. Have you posted this article on any other sites, as even if it is your own work it must be only be posted on HP?

The moderators would have no reason to randomly pick on a hub that is not really duplicated and start flagging it - they have far better things to do. Contact them again and get them to highlight the problem areas for you.

3. sofs profile image76
    sofsposted 12 years ago

Absolutely, I agree with CMHypno, the mods don't have no reason to do something like that and I can say that about this site.. I have always found them to be helpful.. dash off a mail to them and you will know exactly why this is happening.

4. profile image0
    icountthetimesposted 12 years ago

Do you perhpas quote a large portion of text within the hub, or has it perhpas been published elsewhere online? Even if it is your own work, and has been published elsewhere that might be why you're being told that it's duplicated content.

5. thelyricwriter profile image82
    thelyricwriterposted 12 years ago

Thanks for all your advice, but none of these lyrics are posted online. It is an original song that I wrote. I have resubmitted it many times. I promise, nothing is copied on it. I have NEVER posted this anywhere else. I know it is not a duplicate, what are my options now? And thanks.

1. QuestionMaster profile image79
      QuestionMasterposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Best you contact the team then.

Either that or consider adding some more content - for instance what inspired the song or what it's about?

6. homesteadbound profile image82
    homesteadboundposted 12 years ago

have you run it through copyscape.com?

Can't do that if it's unpublished.

1. homesteadbound profile image82
        homesteadboundposted 12 years agoin reply to this

oh yeah!

7. homesteadbound profile image82
    homesteadboundposted 12 years ago

If you cut it into a text file, I can run the text through Grammarly (I have purchased it) and see what it comes up with. Email it to me and I'll do it.

8. IzzyM profile image86
    IzzyMposted 12 years ago

It is even easier for the OP to take sentence by sentence and put them into Google, and see what comes up.

9. Richieb799 profile image75
    Richieb799posted 12 years ago

I kept having a problem with the duplicate content filter thats just been applied over at Snipsly, every time I saved a draft and then published, it was referring the published article as duplicate of the draft :S

Don't know if this has any relevance to whats going on here...

10. daisyjae profile image77
    daisyjaeposted 12 years ago

Maybe someone has stolen your hub? This exact same thing just happened to me. My hub was unpublished but i ran it through www.dustball.com/cs/plagiarism.checker/ Most of my hub was plagarized word for word the day after i published it!

1. mary615 profile image82
      mary615posted 12 years agoin reply to this

That is terrible!  How can someone do that?  That takes some nerve!

Unfortunately it's quite common - there are programs called "scrapers" which grab content on certain subjects as well as humans who do this.

I had one article which was copied about 15 times in the first few months because it was on a particular keyword topic.

11. Bobri Dobri profile image67
    Bobri Dobriposted 12 years ago

I have the same problem. How could I contact moderators? I posted hub with bunch of Russian winter photos made by myself (it was the main purpose of hub)  and I used Russian poets' lyrics to accompany them. Is it prohibited?

http://hubpages.com/faq/#duplicate_content

You cannot post something that is anywhere else on the internet (unless it's in very small parts, such as 10% of the article, like a quote.)

1. Bobri Dobri profile image67
        Bobri Dobriposted 12 years agoin reply to this

there are plenty hubs here entirely made of quotes, for example this one http://mr-nice.hubpages.com/hub/Success … nal-Quotes

1. IzzyM profile image86
          IzzyMposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I've got one quotes hub that was considered duplicate until a moderator overruled it for me to allow it to stay published.
          This was before Panda and the strict enforcement of the rules.

I would strongly suggest you just write a paragraph or two at the bottom of your hub to dilute the duplicate poetry, then write and ask moderators for an exemption, but make sure you have something original, apart from the photos, in your hub.

Your paragraph can say something about how you took the photos, what camera used etc, or just make something up about the photos.

2. Bobri Dobri profile image67
        Bobri Dobriposted 12 years agoin reply to this

And I used famous, many years ago died Russian poets' lyrics, all properly indicated

Yes but they are quotes from a range of sources, which, if done correctly can avoid the dupe filter. However just copying and pasting a whole lot of text from one source will get you in trouble.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)