Weekly Topic Inspiration: Day Care and Babysitting Guides

Jump to Last Post 1-18 of 18 discussions (37 posts)
  1. Simone Smith profile image87
    Simone Smithposted 12 years ago

Chances are that if you are human, you have been babysat before. You might have even been a babysitter at some point, or perhaps you're a parent and have had to deal with the issue of finding good day care and babysitters for your kids. Why not take that experience and turn it into a Hub?
    Now's the time to do it! This week's Weekly Topic Inspiration theme is Day Care and Baby Sitting, so write down your tips, advice, and pointers in Hub form and join us for some child-centric fun!

If you don't know where to start, here are some commonly searched-for keywords on the subject: babysitting games, babysitter wanted, find a babysitter, babysitter games, babysitting rates, free babysitting games, babysitting classes, babysitting websites, child development, early childhood education, babysitting jobs, nanny jobs, early learning center, tutor time, child care jobs, daycare centers in my area, early childhood development, child care rebate, child care vouchers, nanny agencies, universal child care benefit, day care centers, live in nanny, child care subsidy, nanny services, child care assistance, child care centers, nannies for hire, kids care, infant care

As you'll see from those keywords, there is quite some interest on how to find good nannies, babysitting games and activities, how to subsidize or afford daycare, and how to build education into early childcare services. So those would be some great subjects to address!

If you'd like to join in on this week's topic by writing a Hub, follow these steps:

1)    Click here to visit this week's topic.
    2)    Click the green button "answer this question".
    3)    Click the gray button below the box (leave that empty) that says "make a Hub about it."
    4)    Give your Hub a very specific title, like Easy Summer Gardening Projects for Kids or Challenging Summer Activities for Teens
    5)    Create good quality original content that hasn't been covered before.
    6)    After you publish your Weekly Topic Inspiration Hub, come back to this forum thread and post a link to your Hub with a brief description of what you wrote about and why.

For more information on the Weekly Topic Inspiration program, check out the Learning Center guide.

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/5063877_f260.jpg

I'm looking forward to reading your guides!

1. chelseacharleston profile image61
      chelseacharlestonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Turn your babysitter into your housekeeper, too!  http://chelseacharleston.hubpages.com/h … usekeepers

Simone Smithposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I LOVE this idea! So smart, chelseacharleston!

1. chelseacharleston profile image61
          chelseacharlestonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thanks!

2. melbel profile image95
    melbelposted 12 years ago

My sister works as a nanny and is a fellow hubber, she's been wanting to get some more hubs up soon. I'll send her a line with this thread and perhaps this will inspire her.

1. Denise Handlon profile image85
      Denise Handlonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Cool!  I bet she has a ton of stories!   What is her hubber name?  My daughter and sister are hubbers here as well.  smile

1. melbel profile image95
        melbelposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Oh wow, that's awesome! She's jshe4941. She has a bunch of hub ideas but is in grad school right now so she doesn't have as much time to get on here as she would like. She does have one hub up now and I think she said thanksgiving week she wants to write a bunch. My mom is on here as well, but I don't remember her hubber name. She wants to write on nursing and health issues, but doesn't have any hubs yet.

Edit: My mom is Susie57, but like I said, no hubs yet.

2. Simone Smith profile image87

Perfect!!! I hope she joins in on the fun!

3. Denise Handlon profile image85
    Denise Handlonposted 12 years ago

Simone...can we include babysitter nightmare stories????   (please, please, please)  I have a few of those, LOL

YES PLEASE!!!! I've got a couple of those myself.....

4. Greek One profile image63
    Greek Oneposted 12 years ago

can I focus my babysitting Hub around

http://www.rankopedia.com/CandidatePix/35842.gif?

........................................................................................... YES.

5. RedElf profile image88
    RedElfposted 12 years ago

Finally got back here with my first hub - teh computer ate my homework, and I had to redo it. Oh, well, here it is now:

What to Look For In Choosing Your Child's Day Care Center: Tips For Choosing A Good Day Care Center

Cheers!

1. Denise Handlon profile image85
      Denise Handlonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

smile  Good one, RedElf! Very useful.

2. Simone Smith profile image87

Talk about an amazing first WTI Hub! Your advice is fantastic, RedElf, and your formatting and image use is brilliant too!!

1. RedElf profile image88
        RedElfposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thanks so much, Simone - I'm off to read leahlefler's entry... It certainly looks interesting! big_smile

6. RedElf profile image88

Thanks, Denise! I am waiting to read some baby-sitting horror stories. big_smilebig_smilebig_smile

7. leahlefler profile image95
    leahleflerposted 12 years ago

http://leahlefler.hubpages.com/hub/Earl … ol-Program

Here's an article on things a parent should observe prior to choosing a preschool for their child.

Wow, this is amazing too!  You're a stellar photographer, leahlefler. And I couldn't agree more with your tips on what to look for in a good preschool.

8. RedElf profile image88

Great hub, leah! You addresses several concerns such as security and classroom/program content brilliantly! Super formatting and pictures!

9. Simone Smith profile image87

Alright- for once I got my act together and have published a Hub on this week's themes! It's on Barbie babysitting games and offers some fun ways to pass the time while playing with dolls big_smile

10. RedElf profile image88

Fun hub, Simone - I will be back later tonight with a hub about babysitting tales of terror - or holy terrors I have known and babysat for...

Hehee, I'm really looking forward to reading that one!

11. Chin chin profile image89
    Chin chinposted 12 years ago

Hi. Joining Weekly Topic Inspiration again. Here's my contribution

http://chinchin.hubpages.com/hub/How-to-be-a-Babysitter

This is great advice! I'm glad you mentioned the Red Cross training program. It's really useful!

12. Denise Handlon profile image85
    Denise Handlonposted 12 years ago

Here it is Simone, RedElf and others...the stories of terrible babysitters:

http://denisehandlon.hubpages.com/hub/H … -Selection

Dang, those are some pretty bad babysitters! I'm seriously feeling better about my past performance now.

13. RedElf profile image88

I finally made it back with the tale of babysitting terror:

Never Watch Scary Movies and Other Babysitting Tips

Off to read the rest of the babysitting hubs big_smilebig_smilebig_smile

Hahaa, love it!  Your tips are super helpful, and I love the story you've shared.

14. Chin chin profile image89
    Chin chinposted 12 years ago

This is my second hub on the topic this week. If my first hub talked about How to be a Babysitter, this one talks about How to Get a Babysitter.

More great advice! I'm glad you wrote it!

15. LucysMom profile image57
    LucysMomposted 12 years ago

Hi there! I contributed a hub about interview questions to ask when considering home daycare. I take my daughter to a home daycare, and it's a great option for us. However, I saw some not-so-great ones when I was trying to find child care for her. Tips For Picking a Home Daycare- Questions to Ask at a Home Daycare Visit

I enjoyed reading all the other hubs for this topic!

I went to a home daycare and those were some of the best days of my life, so I'm all for 'em! You've provided some GREAT questions to ask.

16. profile image0
    sestasikposted 12 years ago

Hi, after reading RedElf's hub about holy terrors, I thought I would contribute a hub about some ways to keep active kid entertained on rainy days. This is my first contribution to a weekly hub idea.

Rainy Day Babysitting Ideas: Six Coloring Activities for Adventure and Fun

What fabulous ideas! I particularly like the treasure map one.

Also, I fixed the link and removed the other post- I hope that's alright! ^_^

17. profile image0
    sestasikposted 12 years ago

Yes, thanks very much! And thanks for the comment!

18. Simone Smith profile image87

Hey everyone! Big thanks to everyone who published a WTI Hub this week! There are some really, really useful Hubs here, and I bet they'll do great!

The new week's theme is cleaning guides, and the thread is here: http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/86893

I hope you'll join us!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)