Who Created God? Homo Sapiens or Neanderthals?

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (46 posts)
  1. jainismus profile image73
    jainismusposted 12 years ago

<image removed>
    I wanted to know that who created God? I mean who is father of God?  Homo Sapiens or Neanderthal?

1. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 12 years agoin reply to this

There's no proof that "Neanderthal" ever existed.
      Nope.  Not even naked ones like in the picture.
      Why don't you use Paint or something and cover up the nudity, please?

1. MelissaBarrett profile image57
        MelissaBarrettposted 12 years agoin reply to this

OMG, how hard did you have to LOOK for that nudity Brenda?  I didn't even notice it until you pointed it out.

Get your mind out of the gutter.

1. profile image0

roll
          I don't believe you.  Who would?

Believe me or not Brenda, I actually didn't see it until you pointed it out.

You did.  I'm just pointing that it might say something about where your eyes automatically wander.

1. profile image0

You would of course draw that conclusion.  And actually, it's perfectly normal for people to notice nudity when it's in front of them.  If people think "neanderthal" man existed, I guess they think neanderthal man didn't have enough sense to hide his nakedness, huh?

The picture is inappropriate.  Especially since I've seen pictures of babies in the womb that got deleted.

Actually, the conclusion I really drew was closer to Ron's post in another thread..

Some people secretly enjoy being offended.  They get off on finding something to be morally outraged about.

I did enjoy you insinuating that I was a liar though.  That was fun. 

And doesn't the Adam and eve thing say they were naked before they sinned?  Maybe neanderthal was sinless as well. 

And no, I didn't notice the nakedness on the painting any more than I notice the nakedness on animals.

1. Hollie Thomas profile image60
                  Hollie Thomasposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Being offended is far easier than having to provide an evidenced argument to substantiate a perspective.

2. profile image0

If I deliberately wanted something to be offended about, I could find lots of pictures elsewhere. 
                     If you say you didn't notice it at first, then maybe you didn't.  I apologize.  However, it really wasn't the first thing I noticed either!  So I didn't enjoy your insinuation either.  Especially since I confined my comments to the original post/picture, while you did not; you immediately tried to make it personal.

Yeah, I probably did make it personal.  Your comment offended me.

2. Hollie Thomas profile image60
        Hollie Thomasposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I quite like the nudity. Sexy.

3. Nouveau Skeptic profile image63
        Nouveau Skepticposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Um, there is ample proof neanderthals existed, and even that we still carry some of their DNA.

Actually, our DNA's are similar.  Remarkable similar.  But the current theory is that they are a cousin at best.  Neanderthal man is not theorized to be an ancestor of modern Humans.

1. wilderness profile image96
            wildernessposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Depends on how you define it.  That we carry some small amounts of neanderthal genes is indicative that there was probably some amount of interbreeding. 

In this respect, neanderthal could be considered an ancestor - we are the result of Homo Sapiens mating with Brenda's fake bones and mixing their genes.

1. Nouveau Skeptic profile image63

Indeed, not a direct ancestor but that does some to have been some co-mingling

That would indicate that they were close enough "cousins" to produce a live offspring... that's weird.  Usually even when a subspecies is close enough to mate and produce a living offspring, that offspring is sterile.

Yep - "kissing cousins" to a neanderthal. 

Guess G'G'G'G' grandpa wasn't too choosy... smile

For all we know they could have lived side by side in the same great house.  Lots of intermingling, just most of it was sterile.

2. Nouveau Skeptic profile image63

I vote for Homo habilis

Or maybe Australopithecus.  Lucy must have thought about something.

3. A Troubled Man profile image58
      A Troubled Manposted 12 years agoin reply to this

There's evidence from at least three caves showing Neanderthals buried their dead and practiced rituals going back as far as 80,000 - 100,000 years ago. They are front runner contenders for the creation of religions as a result.

2. wilderness profile image96
    wildernessposted 12 years ago

Neanderthal apparently buried their dead, a religious gesture, and preceded Homo Sapiens, at least in that part of the world.

They certainly didn't invent the Christian God (that came many millenia later and followed a plethora of other Gods) but it is probable that they had their own Gods.

3. knolyourself profile image60
    knolyourselfposted 12 years ago
  4. profile image0
    Brenda Durhamposted 12 years ago

jainismus, God doesn't have a father.  God just always has existed, exists, and will exist.  Forever.

"Neanderthal" is a theory, not a fact.  The idea of neanderthal man was "created" (actually, dreamed up) by someone.  God only knows exactly who dreamed it up.

1. profile image0
      alexsaez1983posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Oh, how I love that argument. Christians always say "atheists are so dumb. They think something came from nothing," yet Christians have no problem believing in a deity with no known origins. Hypocrites much?

2. Cagsil profile image69
      Cagsilposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Only a die-hard religious person would say something like this. lol

1. profile image0

Maybe so.  Because die-hard Christians believe God, not so-called scientists (who are human and therefore fallible.   And some scientists and researchers (and just theorists) sure do believe that most other people are gullible!

Actually, the presence of neanderthal doesn't specifically affect religious argument.  I don't believe they are considered to be a part of the evolutionary chain of humans anyway.

1. profile image0

Really?
            So, "neanderthals" were...what?  just animals, according to what you believe?

I don't really have a belief, because as stated above, I don't care.  I just know what the scientific community says about them.

2. profile image58
              Alexcalotescuposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I think we can't say if neanderthals existed, just because they, may existed, too many years ago in the past. and if they existed i think they had a God to warship like all the ancient civilizations.

3. wilderness profile image96

Neanderthals were either animals that used fire and cooked their food, made jewelry and art and buried their dead

or

God buried the bones there to confuse man and make us believe a fraud.  Perhaps to cause disbelief in Himself and thus have more sinners to send to Hell.

Your choice...

2. profile image0

"So-called scientists"? Really Brenda? You mean the so-called scientists who brought us modern medicine, communication, clean water, transportation? That's very ungrateful of you. And of course you'd just revert to the "people are fallible" garbage. Do you realize that scientists operate on PROVEN research, that is rigorously tested, re-tested and scrutinized by their peers? Tell me, what evidence do you have for God beyond your blind faith? I believe that bacteria and viruses cause disease because SCIENCE proved it. I believe that the Earth revolves around the sun because SCIENCE revealed it (oh, did I mention the church opposed this proposition when Gallileo mentioned it?). What has the Bible proven? Tell me one contribution that "God" made to the betterment of our quality of life.

And Brenda, the reason some "theorists" feel people are gullible is because they're QUALIFIED to point out other people's ignorance. Crack open a book about radiometric dating, biological evolution, or anything else that you people deliberately ignore.

3. profile image0

Neanderthals were "dreamed up"? Wow, this must be Inception or something, because we're dreaming those same fossils and artifacts right now. Seriously Brenda, please tell me what you're smoking, because I want some.

5. Ron Montgomery profile image61
    Ron Montgomeryposted 12 years ago

http://www.encognitive.com/files/images/male-baby-in-womb-placenta.jpg

I'll try to offend the moderators and the prudes with one post.

6. Ron Montgomery profile image61
    Ron Montgomeryposted 12 years ago

http://www.poetryring.com/ra/neanderthalJesus.jpg

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)