Why do people use hubpages?

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (31 posts)
  1. sasta10 profile image60
    sasta10posted 12 years ago

Do people use hub pages for exposure?

1. profile image0
      Charlene Marianoposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Well, I am relatively new to hubpages. I confessed that I only joined it because I learned that you can make free money out of it in a duration of time with a trinkle of luck, patience & effort.

Aside from that I desperately want my articles to be read. I want people to give comments on it whether it's a good or bad. The important thing is I got a feedback. For I believe that criticisms can help me improve my writing skill. The problem is I am actually having a writer's block so I only had manage to published one hub.

2. sanathara profile image60
      sanatharaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I have joined Hubpages to make money only..

3. nickm6556 profile image60
      nickm6556posted 12 years agoin reply to this

I joined because I had a lot of things that I wanted to write about and the idea of making money was really cool.

4. profile image0
      Daniella Lopezposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I use Hubpages for exposure. I've found Hubpages to be a great way to promote my writing, as well as meet people that I can relate to.

5. Greekgeek profile image78
      Greekgeekposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I'm using it because it's the one place I know where the "Thinky thoughts and geeking about obscure subjects" articles I use to post on my personal website get paid a little for impressions.

Different sites favor different kinds of content. I've discovered that Squidoo pays well for interactive articles with a lot of reader engagement, but my informational articles that people just read, absorb, and leave don't do well because they earn no clicks, no sales. I could post them on my own site, but let's face it, user generated content sites get more traffic and pay better than building a web 1.0 site and slapping ads on it. A blog is a little easier to monetize, but a blog has to be focused on one subject, whereas I write on many.

Solution? Find a site that pays you a pittance for impressions. Enter HubAds.

And then you've got one more batch of eggs in one more basket.

If I weren't trying to earn a living online, I'd probably be continuing to post everything on my own websites as I have since '93.

2. 2uesday profile image66
    2uesdayposted 12 years ago

Looking forward to the different types of replies to this post smile smile

1. Ms Dee profile image86
      Ms Deeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

What 'people' are you thinking of sasta10? I'm guessing you mean readers of HubPages, right?

If it is just the reader, I am thinking that people come to HubPages based on searches on the internet for something they are specifically looking for, or posts of HubPages article links on social media that peaks their interest.

sasta10posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hi, I have heard a lot of people use it for link building to their websites a block.  Thats what I meant when I said exposure.  Thanks for your answer.

2. sasta10 profile image60

Hi, thanks for your esponse MS Dee.  I have read articles on the internet which states people using it for link building to their websites or blogs.  That's what I meant when I said exposure.  Thanks.

3. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image82
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 12 years ago

I'm thinking of one internet poo poo slinger or "Troll" profile, if you will - that calls itself "evolution gui" or something - and features a picture of Darwin.

That person or that profile does not publish hubs - it's only purpose for existing is spreading putrid filth and hate of all manner of theism as often as is possible.

I'd say that that troubled person uses his or her profile for exposure. . .but is obviously too ashamed of their own person to use their name or picture.

1. MelissaBarrett profile image59
      MelissaBarrettposted 12 years agoin reply to this

He's not so bad.  If engaged in reasonable conversation, he actually has some pretty interesting things to say.  He just doesn't respond well to rhetoric...

2. sasta10 profile image60

Hi, I know who you are talking about, this guy responded to one of my forum question relating to religion.  I don't mind as everyone has the right to make a point.  It also makes your discussion interesting.  I don't mind at all as long as it don't get too personal.  Thanks.

4. Greek One profile image64
    Greek Oneposted 12 years ago

Hubpages is one of the safest places to meet like-minded singles who are eager to date, flirt, and have non-committal sexual relations with you and your friends.

As dating sites go, it is one of the best I have come across, and in addition to that, you can ear AdSense revenue by posting 'Hubs" that detail you sexual escapades.

I give it two thumbs up.... so to speak

1. thejeffriestube profile image60
      thejeffriestubeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I spit soda all over my monitor. LOL

2. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image82
      Wesman Todd Shawposted 12 years agoin reply to this

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I couldn't possibly agree any more!

5. 2uesday profile image66
    2uesdayposted 12 years ago

I have returned to this in more sensible mode wink smile

I cannot speak for others but I joined HubPages because I wanted to write and share my writing, to see if anyone was interested in it. Do I use HubPages to get readers to my articles here and to the other places that I write, I guess so.
    I do n't do much if any back links nor do I tweet etc. so Hubpages, RedGage and my Blogs are the way I get potential readers that are not sent by search engines.

Hi 2uesday, thanks for your response.  Hubpage is a great place to improve your writing skill.  Thanks.

6. Peggy W profile image94
    Peggy Wposted 12 years ago

I joined HubPages to write and earn a few extra pennies of income.  It is a very friendly place where one can meet people from all around the world and many of the writers here are top notch.  Not a day goes by that I do not learn something new.  Also HubPages provides all kinds of tools and support for those who have never written previously (like me).

Hi, peggy W thanks for your kind response, you are absolutely right when you say hubpages is a great place to learn and meet new people.  I have read some great articles on online business, recipes, health and building your self esteem.  Through hub pages I have found another site to earn money and I have sofar earned $110 within 2 months of joining the site.  The site is called fiverr.com.  You are right, there is something new  to learn everyday on hubpages. Thanks.

7. Gordon Hamilton profile image93
    Gordon Hamiltonposted 12 years ago

Sasta, further to previous replies, I think you'll find that people use Hub Pages for a variety of reasons. Whether it be as a way of expressing themselves online, hoping to make a bit of money online, a desire to see their own thoughts and feelings in "Print" online - or any combination of all three and more.

I can honestly say that I have never considered exposing myself on Hub Pages - and all will be probably be glad to hear that I have no intention of changing that policy! smile

Hi, thanks Gordon Hamilton for your response.  I have read few articles on the internet which states that hubpages is a good place for promoting your website links.  Thats what I meant for exposure, not actually exposing oneself on there, thats not what I meant when I asked this question.  Thanks.

1. Gordon Hamilton profile image93
        Gordon Hamiltonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You're welcome, Sasta. I'm sorry for the tongue in cheek comment. I wish you the very best of luck here on Hub Pages and in all you do,

Gordon

smile

8. sharavananpl profile image57
    sharavananplposted 12 years ago

Hubpages is a real source of information.

9. Ladybird33 profile image64
    Ladybird33posted 12 years ago

I like to write and learn and earn but if earnig is your first cause then you are forgetting the first two important things in life in making money, learning and just write  That is my opinion.

10. DonnaCSmith profile image84
    DonnaCSmithposted 12 years ago

Yes, promoting my books through my Hubpage articles is a great perk. I have been an "equine journalist" for over twenty years and have five published books. So I have a strong niche in writing about horses, and most of my articles are about horses and many relate back to my books. I usually include an Amazon capsule with my books when the article relates.

But, I have also branched out to write about other things that interest me such as NC travel and history, book reviews, cooking, memoir, etc. Now I am reaching my goal of a monthly pay-out and am working a little harder to up my goal.

11. Greek One profile image64
    Greek Oneposted 12 years ago

casual encounters with like-minded singles who are not afraid to explore their sexuality by exchanging pics on forum posts

12. aware profile image67
    awareposted 12 years ago

I joined  thinking this was a creative writing site.
    There are many helpful and supportive  writers here.
    But the straight forward mentoring i   hoped for from hubpages staff. Was a over expectation. The vague and ambiguous nature of flagging and  pulling down of hubs has me frustrated .I took my hubs down. But i remain here in forums  because  i  grew fond  of the people here.
    Join a writers guild.
    Copyright your work.

13. barryrutherford profile image75
    barryrutherfordposted 12 years ago

When I was lost in Brisbane four years ago.

I hooked up with it in the Brisbane City Library Computers & it took off from there...

1. 2uesday profile image66
      2uesdayposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Sounds like the title of a book or song - Lost in Brisbane. smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)