My hub has been plagerized

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (15 posts)
  1. daisyjae profile image77
    daisyjaeposted 12 years ago

A few days ago i discovered my hub was copied word for word onto another website. How do i get them to take it down? I know i have to put in a dmca complaint to get it removed but i cannot figure out where to send it. Their email doesnt even work. I have put comments to him telling him to delete it but of course he just deletes them.
    This really irritates me so any help you could give me I would really appreciate.  The site is: fitness freak 24 .com If you have any fitness or health  hubs you might want to make sure they are not on there. I did find 2 other hubs, not  by me, on this website. This site looks to me like it is filled with stolen articles.

1. habee profile image92
      habeeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

If they have Google ads, you can file a complaint with Google.

2. IzzyM profile image87
      IzzyMposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Go to whois.com and put their url in. You should be able to trace a contact email address, as well as their hosting address. Try the contact email first, just tell them to remove your content. If they ignore you, email their host. Also include a link to your hub and the first date of publication.

My internet is too slow to do it for you. I see they have a link marked Google on their site. Possibly Google has removed ads, leaving them with Chitika, which let's face it, is nobody's first choice of ads.

3. Writer Fox profile image31
      Writer Foxposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Writer Fox did a little digging (because that is what foxes do) and located the owner of fitnessfreak24:

Here is the contact information: corporatesociety.org/home/contact.php (just put the "www" in front of this and it will take you there.

This company is:  Corporate Infocom Pvt Ltd.  and it is located in Delhi, India. Here is their email: info@corporatesociety.org

The company phone number is: +91-011-43042384       
      The fax number is: +91-011-43042394
      The mailing address is: Plot No. 35, Patparganj Industrial Area
      Delhi, Delhi 110092, India

I would contact the company first and threaten to file a DMCA takedown notice with the ISP, which is NS1.OURCIPL.COM.  A quick search on Google for "DMCA takedown notice" will tell you how to do this.

Writer Fox just joined HubPages and could use a little feedback on my Hubs.  Come and visit!

2. relache profile image73
    relacheposted 12 years ago

My chain of filing goes site user -> web owner -> web host -> Google

I have almost never had to go beyond the web host to get a plagiarized article taken down.

3. daisyjae profile image77

But i dont even think they are using google ads- it says chitika.

4. Alternative Prime profile image56
    Alternative Primeposted 12 years ago

If you are serious about the issue, I would suggest drafting correspondence to express a clear and concise message that you are ready, willing, and able to prosecute to the fullest extent of the law if the web site operator does not comply with your request. Send this via E-Mail to the party(s)in question. This should be done only if previous attempts were met with resistance or contempt, you intend to proceed with an action if ignored, and the time and effort are worth it to you. Only you can decide. Hubpages has a recommended protocol posted in their learning center for further assistance.

I've found in the past, once the infringer becomes aware of the fact that the secret is "No Longer" so to speak, and the infringee knows his/her work has been copied without express permission, this can be more than enough of an incentive for the infringer to concede and either create a link to the web page where it can be viewed at it's intended venue, or, simply remove it from their domain. One of the only potential road blocks may turn out to be jurisdiction, in which case I would evaluate and consider seeking legal advise.

In the past, a simple and even cordial request to the person who had illegally copied my work had been sufficient to get desired or acceptable results. Depending on the circumstances, either a link to my page was established, or the content was removed. 

As a matter of fact I will be asking "HP" for assistance to provide me with a hard copy of an "Upload Time Stamp" for one of my original custom images that has conveniently turned up and is on display at another web site without my permission. Everyone who knows me understands full well that I am one of the most generous persons in the galactic universe when it comes to donating my time, energy, and even resources, however I have zero tolerance for common thievery. I will E-Mail the party with a cordial request, then if necessary, pursue it further. In any event, good luck with your efforts

5. Reality Bytes profile image74
    Reality Bytesposted 12 years ago

I found an article of mine stolen.  I checked the other content and found it all had been stolen.  I told the webhost if he/she did not take my content down I would spend the day notifying every other person that had their stuff stolen exactly where to find it.

24 hrs and my article was gone.

6. tamron profile image68
    tamronposted 12 years ago

I am having the same problem I left a comment where the duplicated article is and they have not remove my article.  How do you get a hold of the site host? I do not see a site host at the bottom of page. I cannot email the person their is no profile and it seems Like it could be a kid concidering its a blog about thumb sucking.  I also clicked other article and they are from that "about"site where you can synticate articles or copy articles from the site and post them to your blog.

I am thinking this person thinks you can copy any article because of the "about"site allows it.

I really don't want to get someone in trouble specially a kid!

1. IzzyM profile image87
      IzzyMposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Kids need to learn too.

Whois.com should give you all the info you need smile

7. ankitharrytom profile image69
    ankitharrytomposted 12 years ago

Why don't you just ask Google to remove the URL from their index? This would keep majority of your traffic intact and won't be harming anybody.

8. daisyjae profile image77

Thanks for all your help you guys. And thanks to writerfox for finding all that information for me, I appreciate it!

1. Writer Fox profile image31
      Writer Foxposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You are very welcome!

9. Robin profile image86
    Robinposted 12 years ago

Hi Daisyjae, I'm sorry this has happened to you.  We have created a Learning Center entry to help Hubbers that have had their Hubs stolen.  It has useful information that may aid in your getting the site to take down your work. 

Here's the link:  http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/how- … -complaint

Let us know how it all goes!
    Cheers!

1. DeborahNeyens profile image95
      DeborahNeyensposted 12 years agoin reply to this

The same thing has happened to me on a site clled talkblog.info.  I tried to get an email address from WHIOS, but there is something called WhoisGuard in place so I can't get any info.  What do I do now?  Go straight to Google?  Thanks.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)