How can I maintain my relationship?

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (19 posts)
  1. boby325 profile image40
    boby325posted 12 years ago

My GF's family is against our relationship. They even closed all the ways of our communication. We can't even send a SMS in her birthday! But the main factor is that "We love each other". So what should we do now to run our relationship?

1. profile image0
      ThomasRydderposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hi...you don't really give much info about your relationship or the family's stand. Why are they against it? Have they met you, do they know you? I guess I'm asking what is the overall dynamic? Is she divorced? kids? Is the family protective, and no one will meet their criteria? Give us some clues....:)TR

2. profile image0
      Daniella Lopezposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I'm with Thomas... not enough info has been provided. The main thing is, why is her family against the relationship? Discovering this will help paint a clearer picture of the overall dynamic.

2. boby325 profile image40

Thanks ThomasRydder and lopez for your interest. Ok I'm describing. The main difference is that her family is richer than mine. I'm just studying BBA. She is in 11th class.

3. LookingForWalden profile image60
    LookingForWaldenposted 12 years ago

Love is powerful. If you really love eachother don't despair you will find a way.
    But my curiousity piques me. What is the story behind all this. It sounds like you guys are young.

4. boby325 profile image40

I'm 23. She is 16. But her family tries to enforce her to get marry with the man they chose.

1. couturepopcafe profile image61
      couturepopcafeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

There's your answer right there.  You're a 23 year old male, she's a 16 year old female.  If I were her parent, I'd do the same thing.  Forget trying to be with a child no matter how mature she tries to be or you think she is.  She doesn't know what love is yet and is just too young for 'love' relationships - especially with a 23 year old.   With all due respect for your feelings, son, this should be (from an adult view) out of the question..

If you are sincere about 'maintaining your relationship', write her a handwritten letter whenever you get the time.  Don't mail them as they are likely not to reach her through the parents.  Keep them until such time as you may see her and give them to her.  If this relationship lasts another 2-3 years when she is of age take it from there.

5. profile image0
    ThomasRydderposted 12 years ago

What is "11th class"? and what nationality and culture are we dealing with? are we talking arranged marriage?

Can't be arranged if her parents are not allowing it.

6. profile image0

Sure, couture, lets forget about the fact that some eastern cultures allow and encourage their women to marry by age 16. Do you know where they are from? No...and by the way, the arranged marriage I was speaking of was in the text further up, where he stated that the parents wanted her to marry someone else that they preferred or arranged for. Stop being so full of yourself and pay attention.

Pardon my mistake and thank you for pointing out my overbearance.  I will make an effort in future to be more careful.

I stand, however, on my comment about age difference, culture aside.  Even in cultures where tradition dictates this, IMO a 16 year old is not mature enough for this type of relationship.

7. profile image0

I agree....even though some cultures allow it, conventional wisdom would probably encourage a bit of patience. But...it would still be interesting to find out the why's and wherefore's...nothing says they can't "date" and perhaps marry in the future. And apologies for being so abrupt.

smile  Thanks.

8. profile image0

Absolutely...I don't believe the present "issue" is a reason for war...

9. boby325 profile image40

Ok it is not the perfect time to marry her. But her parents try to enforce her to get marry with a 27 y old man just now. I want to wait for her maturity but her family will not give us such time. By the way, I'll give all of this to my fate and look forward. Thanks to all for cooperating me with your warm hearts.

In Bangladesh, is there a legal age for consent by the woman?  Or can she be forced to marry by the parents?

2. Captain Redbeard profile image59
      Captain Redbeardposted 12 years agoin reply to this

At the very top you said that you two love each other and her parents are trying to keep you two apart, you did not say that you are trying to wait for her to mature so you can pursue and that her parents are trying to marry her off to someone else. So which is it?

10. Captain Redbeard profile image59
    Captain Redbeardposted 12 years ago

With parents that are about marrying her off to a certain person, money factors and you being 23 says you need to walk a way. Period. If she isn't being abused, walk away. If she is being abused report it to the proper authorities AS LONG as you have sufficiant evidence. Don't cause trouble for people if there isn't anything to cause trouble about.

When I was a teenager I tried dating a girl of a different race and her parents about skinned me alive. Somethings are out of your control. This is one of them. She is a minor and you are well over the legal age gap of consent for anything proper. Give it two or three years and see where she is then and then go about your business. Until then, as far as I see her dad has the right to contact authorities on you! I have three daughers and I'll be damned buring in hell if I let some 23 year old come near any of them when their 16. Just say'n dude. You should back up.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)