six amazing things OWS Has Accomplished already.

Jump to Last Post 51-61 of 61 discussions (426 posts)
  1. claptona profile image67
    claptonaposted 12 years ago

Might want to read some of the posts coming from those within OWS - have seen those demands more than once.
      Problem is, specifics are very short coming from OWS.
      B of A would have lost that battle with or without OWS.
      Wells Fargo was the first big one to do that with a $3.00 charge, and they got a lot of slack.
      B of A just wen over the top with the $5.00 per month.
      If OWS had some clout, they would shut the bank down due to the derivative moves from B of A's Merill Lynch devision to their bank devision, putting the company at great risk for seeking another tax payer bailout. But, I guess that is to complicated for OWS.
    This is way more dire than a $5.00 fee, but never attacked, mentioned or discussed within OWS.
      OWS is trying to convey the 60's hippie agenda, or this is the way it appears from their diatribes on social networking sites.
      Good luck with the sale of "The things OWS has accomplished" Maybe getting a political media mouth piece will help.
      Cheers

2. Ralph Deeds profile image66
    Ralph Deedsposted 12 years ago

Here's a mouthpiece--"We Are the Many" Makana

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xq3BYw4xjxE

3. emrldphx profile image59
    emrldphxposted 12 years ago

It's not that we think we'll never run out of oil. It's that we know we have enough that we don't have to cripple ourselves while we work on new things.

And we're not going to destroy the planet by using oil. CO2 follows temperature, it doesn't drive it.

4. Pcunix profile image90
    Pcunixposted 12 years ago

I give up.  The responses from the resident Conservative Rightists are too astonishing to counter.

These are the ideas and ideals that will destroy us, but no amount of reasoning can get through to them.  They can't see it, they won't see it.

I'll try not to let the storm door slam too loudly on my way out of this thread.

1. emrldphx profile image59
      emrldphxposted 12 years agoin reply to this

So, in other words, you don't have any ideas for solutions to what you think the problem is, or any supporting evidence to back up your claims of raping the environment?

1. Pcunix profile image90
        Pcunixposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Nope.  Nada.  Nothing.  I am emotionally and intellectually bankrupt.   I have nothing to refute your arguments with. 

See ya around.

1. uncorrectedvision profile image60
          uncorrectedvisionposted 12 years agoin reply to this

The first step of 12.  Accept this and move on to the next step.  You will find happiness when you finally realize that liberalism is a seductive and dysfunctional position.

Was step 2 sarcasm? Or is that a step in the wrong direction?

2. Pcunix profile image90

:-)

Yes, I am very dysfunctional.   I must move along now, though.  One of my major character flaws is that I lack the patience to continue conversations like this.

3. Mighty Mom profile image78
            Mighty Momposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hey thanks, UCV.
            Now you've given me an idea for a hub.
            Although, no one will read it, because those who actually NEED to apply the 12 Steps to their political beliefs are too deep in denial to be willing to change their viewpoints or even recognize how dangerous/self-destructive they are.
            sad

I am in denial..

Please  do write that hub.

1. Mighty Mom profile image78

lol lol lol

You are so NOT in denial.
                But I probably will write it anyway and see who turns up.
                A lot will depend on crafting a catchy title.
                What do you think of "At last, help for Foxaholics..."

2. uncorrectedvision profile image60

Do you mean Californians?  Because I cannot think of a single political action from 2010 than return Jerry Brown to the California governors office.

1. Mighty Mom profile image78

Old Jerry's doing a righteous job and Gavin's heir apparent.
                And even Meg made out like a bandit and took over Carly's spot.
                There's a nice symmetry to it all.

No, I definitely did NOT mean Californians.
                Nor did I mean Pcunix lol

I there is one delusion among liberals that helps divide them from conservatives and reality.  That there exists a useful source of energy as potent as petroleum.  That is a powerful delusion that threatens all humanity.  But, unlike most conservatives, I want you to get your way.  I want the success of liberalism. Not the half success of it, not the incremental success but total, thorough and complete success.

It is only through liberalism succeeding - like it did in the USSR - that people will come to understand what a disaster it is.

1. John Holden profile image60
                    John Holdenposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Liberalism - USSR!

Can I have some of what you are taking?
                    On second thoughts, I'd rather stick with reality, thanks.

2. uncorrectedvision profile image60

Reasoning - REASONING  - did you mean to use that word?  I would have though PRONOUNCEMENTS would have been better or ASSERTIONS.  But reasoning isn't at all apparent in anything you have written here.

Of course not.  Liberals never reason.  Only Conservatives are capable of that.

Nice chatting with you, as usual.  I'd love to say you give me hope for the world, but truly it's rather the opposite.

Drill, baby, drill!

This amuses me.  Offering personal pronouncements as if they were fact and reason.  Funny, there are those who say "we" when they mean "I."   As in "We" have decided when they really mean "I."

It is equally amusing when reasons are offered liberals revert to type.

1. Hollie Thomas profile image61
            Hollie Thomasposted 12 years agoin reply to this

UCV, you appear so hung up on the "liberals" vs "whatever you profess to be"  that your posts have become highly amusing. As if they were fact and reason. It is equally amusing when reasons are offered, the unrestrained right reverts to type.

Sssh.  He doesn't know he is amusing us.  None of them ever do.

That's ironic smile

No, it's REALLY ironic that you think it is ironic.  But never mind.. :-)

It's ironic that you say we don't know that we amuse you, when you don't seem to know that you amuse us.

And I use the words 'we' and 'us' loosely here to illustrate a point.

2. Evan G Rogers profile image61
                    Evan G Rogersposted 12 years agoin reply to this

LOLOL,

NO NO NO!!!

It's ironic that you think it's ironic that he thinks it's ironic that I think it's ironic that he thinks it's ironic that Obama thinks it's ironic that my pet guinea pig thinks it's ironic that he thinks it's ironic that monkeys are ironic that ironing irons are ironic!!!

Let's all get the last word in! That'll change minds!

5. emrldphx profile image59
    emrldphxposted 12 years ago

Maybe I should write a guide to liberalism.

L: Drilling is bad.

"What should we do instead"

L: Something else.

6. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image82
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 12 years ago

I find that the whole "left" and "right" ideologues are no different than the dichotomy between the fundamentalist and the all out irrational Dawkins atheist.

Satire is the best way to get someone's attention, as it rather deviously forces it's target to see something that they probably didn't wish to see.

Not that I'm any good at that...but gosh if we don't have some jack booted ones among us here!

I'm also a rational Dawkins atheist.

Oh.  You said "irrational".

Never mind..

Atheist as in you don't think God exists or you think God doesn't exist?

One can be rational, the other is delusional.

Atheist as in I know any god is impossible.  There are no such things.  Thinking anything else is delusional.

Ah, I was worried about that.

What makes God impossible? Did you come to that conclusion based on science, logic, or personal experience?

Off topic and I'd have no interest in responding to you anyway.  I don't mean you specifically.  I mean in general :-)

2. Hollie Thomas profile image61

Pcunix, you are wasting your breath here! It is better to permit the deluded to wallow in the bliss that is denial. Your energy will be better spent with thinkers.

Yes.  Exactly my feeling :-)

I am also an atheist, however, i have no problem with those that believe, neither group has absolute proof one way or another. My problem,  is with those that profess to be Christian, but are the most intolerant, sanctimonious bunch of judgemental bigots, who place no value on human life, feel they have the right to shout down anyone that believes in human rights-(or thinks!) and believe they have the right to do so because that's what God would have wanted.

'Hollie, you are going to burn for eternity because you are an atheist'

You mean those kind of theists? I can't stand them either big_smile

Yep, those kind. But also the "type" that claim they care about the human race, yet employ any method to vilify, discredit and generally slur individuals that attempt to make the world a more equitable place. Ie. OWS protesters, they are not rapists, thieves or here to trash parks. They are people, young, middle aged and old, that are wise enough to know that HUMAN BEINGS-should not starve and become homeless, to pay for the sins of the greedy, war mongering elite, who incidentally, believe that water should be traded in the future. I'm sure that'll go down well in Africa!

7. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image82
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 12 years ago

What's that they say in "hip hop" culture? 

Haters gonna hate!

LOL!  GOP thugs are ....thugs.

+1

8. knolyourself profile image60
    knolyourselfposted 12 years ago

"MARO and R2P, especially the training and special assistance to coalition partners, are being used by the Pentagon and CIA to beef up the U.S. military and intelligence presence at bases in east Africa and the Horn of Africa, ostensibly to protect Somalis from Al Shabab Islamist guerrillas. In fact, a virtual invading force of U.S. Special Operations forces, CIA operatives, and private military contractors have descended on the region, under the aegis of the U.S. Africa Command (AFRICOM), to prop up local armies in order to secure a developing western oil and natural as production infrastructure, including pipelines and oil sea terminals in the area. Drone, intelligence collection, and U.S. special forces and training bases have been established at Camp Lemonier in Djibouti; Victoria, Seychelles; Manda Bay, Kenya; Bujumbura, Burundi; Entebbe, Uganda; Mogadishu, Somalia; and Arba Minch, Ethiopia."

9. molometer profile image80
    molometerposted 12 years ago

Wow this is amazing stuff Wesman. It's getting like the 60's out there lol

10. molometer profile image80
    molometerposted 12 years ago
  11. rlaframboise profile image58
    rlaframboiseposted 12 years ago

Cartman on south park put it best. "The 99% blames the one percent because they don't feel comfortable blaming a black president".

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)