How To Earn Money Advertising Your Hubpage

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (42 posts)
  1. Gaizy profile image72
    Gaizyposted 12 years ago

Excellent advice - Thanks.

1. chuckbl profile image69
      chuckblposted 12 years agoin reply to this

My pleasure, good luck!

2. dungeonraider profile image86
    dungeonraiderposted 12 years ago

Thanks for the tips.  One note about Ezine Articles, though.  If you write about a product, as I write about Dungeons and Dragons, you will find the editor difficult (or for me, impossible) to get through.  The automated mail I kept receiving upon trying to enter an article similar to the ones I write here was 'You cannot promote your product."  It thinks I own Dungeons and Dragons. big_smile  I gave up, there, at least for my commercial stuff.

3. Hollie Thomas profile image60
    Hollie Thomasposted 12 years ago

Do not use Livelink cafe. I had a hub unpublished because it was receiving traffic from there, it is a link farm and against the TOS.

1. missolive profile image60
      missoliveposted 12 years agoin reply to this

thanks for the advice - VERY good to know

2. wilderness profile image95
      wildernessposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Excellent point.  Any time you "pay" for your traffic by reading other articles it is probably against the TOS of both google and HP.

It is mostly worthless traffic anyway; as the OP says, all you have to do is spend 10 seconds or so on other articles.  Who wants a bunch of readers that spend 10 seconds on your site, lower your time-on-page and bounce out never having clicked an ad or amazon link?

As stated in the article, Live Link Cafe only goes against the rules if you pay for it. So don't pay for it - its free, and breaks no rules! And surprisingly it is not worthless traffic - this is shown by the fact that if you make a great title you get clicked on a lot, if you don't then you hardly get clicked on at all.

1. wilderness profile image95

You are missing the point; traffic circles, where you view my hub and I'll look at yours, are against the TOS of both google and HP.  That is the "pay" I reference; you are "paying" by spending the time to look.

While the title may get a click on the link to the hub, it won't get a click on an ad on the hub, and if most readers follow your suggestion (I would expect them to) and stay just long enough to count as a view, they cause actual harm instead of good by lowering time on page.

I think when the TOS specify paying, they mean with money rather than time. You are right to an extent, a lot, maybe even the majority of clicks you get from this site will be doing the bare minimum to promote their own site, but some will read the article and maybe become a regular follower. I know, because having done it myself, if I come across and something that grabs my attention, I end up reading the whole thing. Therefore, as long as I gain some, even one, proper subscriber to my work, it becomes beneficial (in my view).

1. QuestionMaster profile image79
              QuestionMasterposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Link exchanges are against Adsense ToS and WILL get you banned from Adsense.

1. wilderness profile image95

Aha!  That's the term I was looking for - "link exchanges".  Thank you!

Also, unlike blogs, our hub articles aren't about getting regular subscribers. In fact regular visitors are less likely to click adverts - so we want unique visitors from Google. Seems Chuck is uninformed on quite a few things.

2. Hollie Thomas profile image60
          Hollie Thomasposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I didn't pay for it. As soon as HP picked up that traffic was coming from there the hub was unpublished.It was when I first started writing here and I was aware that paying for links or views was against TOS. It matters not, if HP see traffic coming from livelink cafe the hub will be unpublished.

3. 2besure profile image80
      2besureposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Holli, this is the kind of thing I want to know.  Legal and compliance are the key words.

Thats very interesting, I didn't realise that. Will look into it further, but for now, I guess don't use it for hubpages!

1. Hollie Thomas profile image60
          Hollie Thomasposted 12 years agoin reply to this

No problem, I had no idea at the time either it was a breech of TOS. smile

4. TToombs08 profile image77
    TToombs08posted 12 years ago

Is it just me or does SocialMonkee look like an article spinner?

5. Wmod514 profile image60
    Wmod514posted 12 years ago

Boy...submitted my first article to Ezine over 30 minutes ago, it was fairly easy but it's still processing...is this normal?

Yeh, it takes about a week because they are manually checked to make sure they are quality written articles that haven't been reproduced etc. etc. But once your in, it can be pretty useful.

1. Wmod514 profile image60
        Wmod514posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thank you..appreciate it.

6. rebekahELLE profile image85
    rebekahELLEposted 12 years ago

I would tread lightly with the linking sites. You may want to read this forum thread from a few months ago.

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/80907#post1744079

1. Lisa HW profile image63
      Lisa HWposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I'd not only tread lightly...    I wouldn't "tread" at all.   The person who has seen those over-$30/day days that the OP mentioned usually to tends to know exactly how to increase earnings (if he really decides to) without resorting to those sites.  When it comes to earnings and traffic, the fewer approaches that could be the next target of something like Panda, the better.

1. rebekahELLE profile image85
        rebekahELLEposted 12 years agoin reply to this

That's basically what I was saying, but you know people are going to anyway.
        As far as I understand, the best links are organic from writing content that gets relevant traffic, which links back to your articles.
        I agree with using fewer approaches which could in turn unleash the Panda.

I see your points guys, and it makes sense. Rebekah, I think Ezine, although hard to get into, is an example of organic writing content with back links. I also agree with you Lisa, that once your capable of earning $30 a day, then you will get enough natural traffic to not need sites like those listed above. But often, especially for a beginner (I have only just started using hubpages as an experiment to see how beneficial it can be), getting those extra views and extra followers at the beginning can really help kickstart things. Thats just from my personal experience, but I will soon find out how it affects hubpages and will let the community know! Thanks for your comments guy, always helpful to consider other points of view.

7. LindaSmith1 profile image60
    LindaSmith1posted 12 years ago

As a newbie, ezine articles are previewed by various editorial stages. It may be 2 weeks before it is publish.

If you have a circle on your screen going round and round and round, there is a problem, with internet. You need to shut down, reboot and start over if article is not there.

1. LindaSmith1 profile image60
      LindaSmith1posted 12 years agoin reply to this

This live link cafe sounds like another FREE TRAFFIC EXCHANGE SITE LIKE TRAFFIC AD BAR, and others, where you sit and wait for the timer to run out.  This IS AGAINST HUB PAGES TOS.  They will send one warning then shut you down if you are lucky.

Link exchanges are also against Adsense ToS and can make you lose your account.

Methinks I'm going to report the OP so newbies don't accidentally get the wrong info.

1. Jean Bakula profile image92
          Jean Bakulaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I like the ease of using HP. I know the rules keep changing. But I've been on for a year now, and although the learning curve was a steep one for me, I'm making a monthly payment now. If I try to backlink it's hard on some sites. Stumbleupon seems mostly slick sites made to sell specific products, and many of the things on there don't even have a place for people to comment, let alone leave a link. I write about Astrology and Tarot or other Metaphysical topics though. I tried Reddit, but they are mean to anyone and rush to call you a spammer. I notice if I can leave a link on there, my traffic for the hub doubles. But you can't use it often unless you want to be a regular, and the people are too immature for me. Usually anything that looks too good is.

2. LindaSmith1 profile image60

We all try to get traffic to our sites and hubs, spend hours a day surfing on the free traffic exchanges etc., just clicking away for points. I just got a brain storm

Hub pages and others tie our hands in a lot of ways as to what they will let us do for promotion, even promoting hub pages.  So, why? They need the traffic, just like we do, in order to get viewers so they can earn money.

I would suggest, to stop with one site, one blog, one something and do iwth that, as Hub pages only allows here. Get rid of the free traffic exchanges where you just sit and surf for points, etc.  Then wait and see what happens to your Google rankings and real views. There has to be good reason we cannot use these sites to advertise with.

The reason that we can't use them on Hubpages is that one of the main advertisers on Hubpages is Adsense. And it's against Adsense ToS - so Hubpages is protecting our accounts and their own by not allowing such sites.

2. LindaSmith1 profile image60

Social Monkee does not spin everything. It only  spins title, and a few other things that you designate.  Then your links are sent to other social sites, not blogs.

1. IzzyM profile image86
            IzzyMposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It spins your full article, which of course is only a few sentences and it does not post to social sites, it posts to directories it owns.
            Was this not discussed in this thread earlier?

I'll take of the Livelink Cafe suggestion from the forum.

Turns out I can't as won't let me edit!

Original post has been removed, anyway.

1. IzzyM profile image86
                    IzzyMposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Not that it matters because his post has been perpetuated by responders throughout this thread.

Surely they should all be removed?

In fact this thread should disappear.

Even when it was discussed thoroughly and it was realised that this kind of promotion was a no-no, we still had numpties posting about how they were going to try it.

Remove the lot. This post too.

8. dilipchandra12 profile image64
    dilipchandra12posted 12 years ago

SocialMonkee is good to use. Do not use Live Link Cafe, it is not safe and is against the TOS.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)