Remove- NOW!

Jump to Last Post 1-23 of 23 discussions (54 posts)
  1. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 12 years ago

Hey Staff,

I realize you're presently busy, however I have just recently sent you an email, which requested that you pull down an account from another Hubber, who recently posted to the forums, using a sock puppet account, in an attempt to DEFAME me and illegally using my own personal picture as an avatar.

Need proof, just read the profile itself, should be enough to ban this individual permanently and all other accounts which they have access to also.

Hatred when displayed in this manner, as the account shows, is a violation of Hubpages TOS. I have provided a picture below of the account. For some reason, FireFox isn't working properly today on Hubpages and I'm unable to "flag this profile" on the profile. When I click, it doesn't nothing.

Also, when I went to my hubs, to share on Twitter, the "share" button isn't responding either. Already rebooted, cleared cache and restarted browser, but none of it has helped.

Please take action on both items.

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/5798730_f248.jpg

1. profile image0
      Baileybearposted 12 years agoin reply to this

that's your own mugshot, isn't it?

2. WriteAngled profile image73
      WriteAngledposted 12 years ago

I flagged the relevant profile more than 4 hours ago.

Cagsilposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I know and you're not the only one to do that. I appreciate your email, letting me know about this problem. I forwarded your email to Staff several minutes ago.

1. lobobrandon profile image88
          lobobrandonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Flagged - what an idiot!! Don't worry there's no way you can be defamed here smile

1. Kaiser91 profile image56
            Kaiser91posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Deleted

1. paradigmsearch profile image60
              paradigmsearchposted 12 years agoin reply to this

proceed...

3. Just Ask Susan profile image90
      Just Ask Susanposted 12 years ago

I've flagged it twice now myself.

4. Uninvited Writer profile image79
      Uninvited Writerposted 12 years ago

Also this person has copied a hub, I flagged it yesterday.

http://issamamghar.hubpages.com/

Don't mean to jump on your thread Cags. Surely we can get rid of these people quicker?

It would be nice. hmm

1. Cardisa profile image87
          Cardisaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I am trying to get the name of the person to flag them but the name of the photo is too small...can't make it out. We need these people out of here ASAP!

5. paradigmsearch profile image60
      paradigmsearchposted 12 years ago

The profile is banned, but the pic is still there!

Hey Para, apparently the account is gone too, including the profile page. The post in the other forum thread is also gone.

Thank you everyone who reported the forum post and flagged the profile. smile Much appreciated. smile

6. 2uesday profile image65
      2uesdayposted 12 years ago

I think they have left the profile (but why?) - but may have removed the 3 posts that were on the site earlier - they were totally unsuitable for forum posts. Someone is keen on behaving more like a troll than a sock puppet.

7. 2uesday profile image65

Hope the staff will be on the alert for any attempts at more of the same.

It's not the first time it's happened to me. Last one I made an example of in the forums. He then proceeded to open yet another account and attack me yet again in the forums.

He was banned on both his accounts from the forums and I'm pretty sure that his accounts were permanently banned for the hate message I received. hmm

1. Rachel Aka FUKSIL profile image56
          Rachel Aka FUKSILposted 12 years agoin reply to this

lol  lol

1. Kaiser91 profile image56
            Kaiser91posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Deleted

paradigmsearchposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I said kill it.

1. IzzyM profile image87
                IzzyMposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Is there a full moon?

8. WriteAngled profile image73
      WriteAngledposted 12 years ago

However, his other currently held account is still active!

In his "final thoughts" hub, which is still cached on Google, this individual, in a previous HP incarnation broadcast his future intentions on HP:

" if I use my intelligence, I can make their internet-lives a hell. And they may receive psychological shocks that they will never recover from.

It's actually very easy. I need to install a software that will give a fake ip-address. And I may come here and say things they will never forget. HubPages will ban me? I will get another ip-address! It's just a matter of a few numbers. Another way is to get some new sim-cards. Insert them into your modem, and you have a new avatar that no one has ever seen, and can ever detect."

Easy to see it is the same individual. Same style of expression, same banging on about sockpuppets.

Personally, I think he is mentally ill!

1. Uninvited Writer profile image79
        Uninvited Writerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Oh yeah...

2. Cagsil profile image70

I would definitely agree that he does have issues. There cannot be any doubt about that.

3. KeithTax profile image73
        KeithTaxposted 12 years agoin reply to this

What a jerk. That is the kind of abuse that needs better handling. Sorry you had such an experience just before the holidays, Cagsil. Maybe HP will focus on these important issues now.

I'll be fine and it won't mess with my holidays. But, thank you. I'm glad that HP has already removed the profile page. It's foolishness like this that makes no sense. Why go to the extreme as this individual has? There's no rationale or even realistic ideology that would make any sense about the actions of this person.

1. Rachel Aka FUKSIL profile image56
            Rachel Aka FUKSILposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Has anyone actually considered moving this thread to humor category yet? lol

9. Garrett Mickley profile image78
      Garrett Mickleyposted 12 years ago

Some people aren't happy unless they're making someone else miserable.

10. Rachel Aka FUKSIL profile image56
      Rachel Aka FUKSILposted 12 years ago

This discussion is all about a person attempting to get someone banned. Opening a thread for this purpose is pathetically stupid, so much so, which is why I suggest the humor category first. At least made other people laugh and they wouldn't have laughed if they didn't find my statement for the most part, accurate.

A discussion about getting someone banned? No, it's a discussion about illegal activity. There's a difference. And you attempting to be circumvent the rules is blatant disrespect for HP and not to mention ILLEGAL.

The picture you've used on this account is KNOWN to me. The girl is MY niece. You going through my Facebook account and trying to get me banned by your illegal steps/actions is what is pathetic.

1. IzzyM profile image87

Oh that is just sick! He had no right to use your niece's photo.

Hey Izzy,

You should read the profile "HE" created. roll

1. IzzyM profile image87

A seriously sick twister individual, and what he has written is borderline illegal. I read his cached 'farewell' hub too, and I'm thinking folk like him crave attention and are possibly best ignored - completely.
              If he comes back in yet another new name, then the best thing to do will be to report it, even if it is only a suspicion, but not engage in any form of conversation with him.

I'm sure ignoring him would be a good idea, but like Phenom Writer did for the longest time....blending into the community is quite easy at first, providing nothing stupid is done to let on who you are or that you have been on HP before. It's not so easy to ignore someone who is new to the forums and you don't actually know if the picture is really them or not.

I know the account with my niece's picture on it, is him and not her. Only completely ignorant people would do such a thing.

2. Dame Scribe profile image57
        Dame Scribeposted 12 years ago

Wow Cags yikes we like our fans but definitely NOT that sort tongue hope you been well big_smile

Hey Dame Scribe. It's great to see you and yes I'm doing well, aside from the fact that some idiot chooses to be filled with hatred and spitefulness, but other than I'm well. smile Hope you're also. smile

2. Rachel Aka FUKSIL profile image56
          Rachel Aka FUKSILposted 12 years ago

My personal view on OP? That's your problem. You act like a child and then when someone treats you like a child, you complain? roll

1. kmackey32 profile image63
            kmackey32posted 12 years agoin reply to this

OMG. you are horrable.....

2. IzzyM profile image87
            IzzyMposted 12 years ago

I see he's back ....!

1. wavegirl22 profile image49
              wavegirl22posted 12 years agoin reply to this

who is back . .Keith Tax. . he did say good bye.. i keep wondering why he is still here.in this forum . .usually when one says goodbye . . ........

1. IzzyM profile image87

No I didn't mean Keith Tax, he seems to have decided to stay which I'm glad about.

I  meant the poster two posts back. Only here a few minutes and already making judgements!

2. Uninvited Writer profile image79

Yup, today's word is... ignore smile

2. skyfire profile image81
              skyfireposted 12 years ago

Hmm, I would like to see how long he can do all this. 1 Week ? 1 Month ? 1 Year ? It'll be interesting to see the point when he gets exhausted with all this stuff. That's a good piece of data on these type of folks. wink

3. IzzyM profile image87
              IzzyMposted 12 years ago

I'm sure the nurses will put him back in his strait jacket soon and that'll be the end of that.

It would be nice if the nurse kept him away from a computer. I don't care if they don't put him back in his strait jacket...just keep computers out of his reach. lol And I'm hopeful that they might up the dose of his meds. tongue lol

2. Garrett Mickley profile image78
                Garrett Mickleyposted 12 years ago

The saddest part about this is that someone is dedicating so much of their own time doing this to you.

Must be a single teenage boy because I know anyone who got laid on a regular basis sure wouldn't be wasting time doing something like this.

1. Uninvited Writer profile image79

+1 lol

1. Garrett Mickley profile image78
                    Garrett Mickleyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It just blows my mind.  All this energy could be put into doing something good in this world and instead, they're doing this.

2. paradigmsearch profile image60

Agreed other prior post. Kill it.

1. 2uesday profile image65

Why not ignore these posts - joined less than 30 mins ago and an expert on who and what is happening here ?

resignation...

2. paradigmsearch profile image60

Let us talk about me.

3. paradigmsearch profile image60

I would really like that.

4. paradigmsearch profile image60

Where do I start...

5. Uninvited Writer profile image79
                      Uninvited Writerposted 12 years ago

Interpol and the FBI are probably monitoring this thread lol

1. habee profile image93
                        habeeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

lol

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
                    Necessary
                    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
                    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
                    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
                    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
                    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
                    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
                    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
                    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
                    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
                    Features
                    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
                    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
                    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
                    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
                    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
                    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
                    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
                    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
                    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
                    Marketing
                    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
                    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
                    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
                    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
                    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
                    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
                    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
                    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
                    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
                    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
                    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
                    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
                    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
                    Statistics
                    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
                    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
                    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
                    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)