AFC in a 4 Way First place tie

Jump to Last Post 1-14 of 14 discussions (18 posts)
  1. Manny2437 profile image68
    Manny2437posted 12 years ago

What are your thoughts? The AFC race has been up in the air all season, I think Baltimore will continue to beat themselves and hand Pittsburgh the AFC south.  The Pats are on a roll and possess an easy schedule as well. The Texans ahve played excellent football this year? Who comes out on top, who gets the byes? Pats and Steelers in my opinion, but  the Texans do hold the tiebreaker over Pittsburgh.

2. wavegirl22 profile image47
    wavegirl22posted 12 years ago

I do believe you are missing to mention a team here.. . In all honestly the Pats are not really as good as there standing in the AFC but I guess time will tell.

And that is all I am saying wink

3. Manny2437 profile image68

Who? not the Jets. I only speak of the teams tied for firs in the AFC. Sorry Wavegirl but the Pats schedule is too easy the rest of the way. Not saying they are the best, but the odds are in there favor. I know how much you hate it when I tell it like it is. Good to hear from you =0

4. optimus grimlock profile image60
    optimus grimlockposted 12 years ago

The jets also have an easy schedule but there night and day. This offseason will be a jets fire sale but who would take sanchez or greene.......o ya they would be good in the ufl lol! I think baltimore will workout there problems and possibly make the super bowl!

5. thelyricwriter profile image82
    thelyricwriterposted 12 years ago

I agree. The Pats have the easy schedule. The Ravens and Steelers are the two best teams in my opinion. Houston is in trouble without Schaub  The AFC West, whoever makes it, loses first game anyway.

6. Manny2437 profile image68

Bingo on the AFC West, unless the Raiders play a 6 seed. Oakland can beat NYJ(done that), and a Carson/Bengals showdown would be mighty nice.

1. wavegirl22 profile image47
      wavegirl22posted 12 years agoin reply to this

I wouldnt say it is a given that the Raiders will beat the Jets just cause they already did this season. . rewind to last year. .
      Dec 6- NewYork Jets 3 @ 45 New England Pats E Gillette Stadium - Jets got slaughtered

New York Jets Beat New England Pats and Jets go to the AFC title game
      Jan 16 - New York Jets 28 Win @ New England Patriots 21 Gillette Stadium Foxborough Ma

Sorry Manny but Rex is pissed beyond belief and the fact is he trains his team for this time of the year.

I know I am a bit emotional when it comes to this but I gotta say .. I Believe and all you naysayers can cancel them out. . No one at this juncture has an easy schedule as no one knows what drives a team when they suit up. . .
      So lets all remember this is the  . .. .

NFL AND ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN.

1. I am DB Cooper profile image64
        I am DB Cooperposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Just based on the remaining schedule, I've got to give the Jets a shot to make the playoffs, and that's all they need. They have almost no shot at the division, seeing as they are 2 games behind the Patriots AND the Patriots have the tiebreaker AND the Patriots might even have an easier remaining schedule than the Jets. As a Pats hater I hate to say this, but they've got the AFC East wrapped up. Even if the Jets are 6-0 the rest of the way, the Patriots would have to go 3-3 against some very mediocre-to-bad opponents. I don't see that happening.

1. wavegirl22 profile image47
          wavegirl22posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Pats will have the division  .. but you cant say this is the greatest team that Beliman has coached.  The Jets lost to them in the mental arena. Just like last year they beat them mentally. . anything goes in football and like anything in life when your head says win you have a better chance of winning.

I am hoping the Jets get their act together and get away from that same old crap we have seen in the last few weeks. We have already seen that they can be an imposing playoff team under Rex Ryan. They just got to get in the game.

A total of nine wild card teams in NFL history have made it to the Super Bowl, with five of them going on to win the Super Bowl. Im hoping the Jets add to that stat.

DB - I love when you and I are on the same page.

1. I am DB Cooper profile image64
            I am DB Cooperposted 12 years agoin reply to this

There's a lot of negative Jets talk this week because of that loss to the Broncos last week, but they'll get back on track with a blowout win over the Bills. Not only are the Bills on a 3-game slide, but they're playing at Met Life Stadium and there are few teams in the NFL more injured than the Bills right now. I just read today that Fred Jackson is out indefinitely (NFL's leading rusher before getting hurt last week). This game will be a laugher.

7. Manny2437 profile image68

You already know I remember that Wavegirl but thanks for the reminder. I still want to see Gang Green make the playoffs, then I'll discuss their chances with the Raiders. They were fortunate to get a mention, remember, I spoke nothing of the Buffalo Bills, they're done. Yes anything can happen, except for the Patriots, 49ers, and Packers losing their divisions. That's pretty much wrapped up. And if I'm wrong, I will humbly say so after week 17. But basically the Jets and Bengals will have to duke it out for that 6th seed. Good Luck.

P.S.

The Raiders have a better quarterback and a better run game. (Sorry, I couldn't help it.)

8. optimus grimlock profile image60

The raiders could be tough especially if they can find the right foot dr for mccfadden. Carson is showing signs of coming around plus there d isnt bad!

9. optimus grimlock profile image60

I have a better shot at dunking then the jets winning out!!!!

10. Manny2437 profile image68

No way New England has it's best team ever, we agree there. I don't even think they'll make the Superbowl, they will get the bye though.

11. Manny2437 profile image68

Ya it's over for Buffalo. Like I said I think it comes down to the Jets and the Bengals for that last spot, we already know that the loser of the North battle snags the first wildcard.

12. wavegirl22 profile image47
    wavegirl22posted 12 years ago

You think the Jets can get Brad Smith back for the week. I love that guy and hate to see such a good one on the losing side dressed as a Bill . . . I love McKnight and all he is doing but dang I miss Brad.

13. optimus grimlock profile image60

The jets did use smith the best way possible and mcnight is a pretty good returner!!! Before jackson got hurt I would of said the jets bills game would be close but now it might be lopsided.

14. prettydarkhorse profile image62
    prettydarkhorseposted 12 years ago

any team among the top can still win. Anything can still happen.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)