What r ur views on Islam?

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (58 posts)
  1. pisean282311 profile image62
    pisean282311posted 12 years ago

what r ur honest and genuine views on islam?

1. Paul Wingert profile image60
      Paul Wingertposted 12 years agoin reply to this

No different towards Christianity or Judism. It's just another man made religion.

2. emrldphx profile image59
      emrldphxposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I think it is one of the many forms of guidance given to men from Deity.

3. Jesus was a hippy profile image60
      Jesus was a hippyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Same as any other religion that breeds ignorance, brainwashes children and is used to make people do terrible things in the name of their god.

4. profile image0
      darknight444posted 12 years agoin reply to this

just e reponce i belive that islam is the greatest guidance e human could ever have
      and it deal with evry  problems that  society had since the it comming and it deal with acutal problems like freedom equality and racisme and social justice
      and what i trully love aboute islam is the combinaion between religion and all the aspect of life

1. A Troubled Man profile image57
        A Troubled Manposted 12 years agoin reply to this

lol

5. brettt profile image57
      bretttposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Many people believe Allah and Yahweh are the same. Nothing could be further from the truth. Yahweh is the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. Allah is the god of Abraham and Ishmael. The two are mutually exclusive as far as their beliefs go.

After studying both religions, I am certain Allah is Satan.

1. Jesus was a hippy profile image60

Yah ORRR the new testament was written by hippies and koran was written by violent sexist pigs.

Much simpler an explanation.

Satan indeed. I laugh at the thought. Do you believe in Santa too?

1. brettt profile image57
          bretttposted 12 years agoin reply to this

well, you were right about the Qu'ran. It definitely was written by violent sexist pigs. Considering women are considered chattle equal to dogs and camels and it insists that infidels be killed. It also advocates lying or doing other things that are normally unacceptable to muslims in order to deceive infidels.

the difference between islam and christianity is that the christian God sent His son to die for you. The islamic god sends your sons to die for him.

1. Jesus was a hippy profile image60

Errrr christianity is based on the old testament. A book that tells you to kill those who lead you away from god including your own family. A book that depicts god sending 2 bears to kill 42 children because they mocked a bald man.

If you ask me, the new testament is the sore thumb here. The koran follows PERFECTLY with the old testament.

Old testament god 900BC- Vengeful
            New testament god 100AD- Forgiving
            Koran god 450AD- Vengeful

Hmmmmm

2. profile image0

the coran was written ,,,,i canot repeat it ,,,,
          this is the attitude

well belive me it is the direct  word of god

and belive me death for all man kind and to you is anevitable
          you will die and you will be judjed on what you just say

pisean282311posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Who is sacred of being judge...let any one judge me on my deeds...i dont care...if judging is based on how much i praise god, that god is not worthy to be judge according to me...if judging is based on how many i converted , that it should be best sales man award than anything else, if judging is how much i hated or cursed fellow human beings because he/she didnt follow my belief, that judgement is last thing i care for...

1. profile image0

did you read what thy poste?????
              pls do not defende them
              what is  that ?

is what thy post exeptable to you???

why r u getting excited?...calm down and relax...u r not having personal chat, this is public forum and any one can reply...

1. profile image0

is what thy are taping is acceptable to you?????

the presmise is right to speak...when u have right to speak , so have others...muhammad may be prophet for u...that is ur right...in same lines muhammad may mean different thing for different people...for me he was mere man ...he tried to do right things according to his conviction...thats it...in same lines , some may criticize him...in end we all speak what we think and have freedom of expression...this site is usa based not saudi arabia based that basic freedom of expression can be curbed...

2. A Troubled Man profile image57
        A Troubled Manposted 12 years agoin reply to this

lol

6. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I think it's a deception.

7. seoustad profile image60
      seoustadposted 12 years agoin reply to this

If you talk about authenticity, and you read all of the religions being a neutral than you would now your own views about Islam as well as other religions.

thanks for advise...but that doesnot answer my question...i am asking your views on Islam...

2. TheMagician profile image88
    TheMagicianposted 12 years ago

Don't really have a specific view on it. I respect it, just like I respect all religions (except for those crazy Scientologist nutjobs), and I think people really do need to learn more about it before making assumptions. My stepfather is Muslim, and he's super cool... he's from Ghana, Africa and he's new to the States as of last year. All he does is chill, eat ice cream and watches Big Bang Theory, haha. He's awesome.

Oh, he also loves Lion King (he watched it like, 8 times in a row over a few days), which is hilarious to me and my friend since he's from Africa smile I love him.

1. Paul Wingert profile image60
      Paul Wingertposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Well put!

2. Shadesbreath profile image78
      Shadesbreathposted 12 years agoin reply to this

The "except for those crazy Scientologists nutjobs" comment not only negates your claims of "respect" for all religions, it also proves the problem that I suspect prompted the OP to ask the question (unless the OP is a troll or desperate for attention, but I'll assume the best).

By offhandedly dismissing scientology, you make a summary judgment on everyone in it in the same way the people who think all Muslims are terrorists do. It is the casual dismissal of a giant group of people.

My personal feelings on religion, including Islam, is that it is both source of comfort and rallying cry for murder and mayhem.

1. TheMagician profile image88
        TheMagicianposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Well I'm not sure how much experience you have with Scientology,  but I think its very fair to regard it as a crazy cult. I don't respect it because I don't view it as a religion. They brainwash their followers and have killed people and have even put the government in danger at times. It's purely for profit. Most of their followers are indeed nuts, but I didn't mean they were ALL nuts... maybe 10% of them are OK. As someone who lives next to the main Scientology building and has way too much experience with them, I think I've earned the right to disregard them as a religion.

1. Shadesbreath profile image78

The histories of Christianity and Islam overflow with brainwashing, killing, and putting governments in danger as well (in fact toppling rulers has been and still is standard fare).

As humans, we are perfectly free to make arbitrary and inconsistent judgments of things, but I think it's important to be aware when those times pop up so we don't confuse our feelings with anything approaching fact.

3. Greek One profile image63
    Greek Oneposted 12 years ago

I am not a Muslim, but I appreciate the work that goes into making yummy samosas

1. MelissaBarrett profile image58
      MelissaBarrettposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Seriously, those things are wicked hard to make.  I still bear the scars from my one attempt at them.

4. Reality Bytes profile image74
    Reality Bytesposted 12 years ago

I know many kind hearted and compassionate Muslims.

My views on Islam would be the same as it is on any other Religion.

5. paradigmsearch profile image61
    paradigmsearchposted 12 years ago

Amazingly, I currently have no views on Islam.

6. Greek One profile image63
    Greek Oneposted 12 years ago

Tom Cruise is reason enough to not like scientologists

Mission Impossible.

That is all. I win.

1. Greek One profile image63
        Greek Oneposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Guess again...

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT9wvbNsOxKXHQalQU1cc4nN6lTBv-KDdPOeI8uBQAgWQnP8LFeHugESXRG

LOL. Okay, I lose.

2. profile image0

even we arabs hate him for thise action

the world is united through a hatred of Tom Cruise...

it is what defines us all as spiritual beings

lol

7. skyfire profile image79
    skyfireposted 12 years ago

Take that back...how dare you raise value of cruise over Lady Gaga ?

Punishment for you...no hockey for two seasons...   big_smile

if you would bother to look closely, you will see that Tom Cruise IS Lady Gaga

lol

2. Captain Redbeard profile image60
        Captain Redbeardposted 12 years agoin reply to this

lol

8. kirstenblog profile image79
    kirstenblogposted 12 years ago

My view is that Islam is like any other powerful institution, corrupted. I also think that there is likely a very similar proportion of good Muslims to Islam as there are good Christians to Christianity, Jews to Judaism etc.

I view Islam as I do all religion, corrupted and not to be trusted. Good people simply cannot protect religious institutions from becoming corrupted.

interesting input kirsten....

9. olodarkwriter profile image60
    olodarkwriterposted 12 years ago

The question is about ISLAM, not Muslims. Doesn't matter if there are 'good' Muslims. Islam is a corrupt system with the goal of world domination. Radical Muslims are the ultimate religious fanatics, willing and eager to kill, and most Muslims seem to be very ethno/religiocentric. This is the mindset that dominates Islam, aggressive, turn-or-burn thinking. Islam is the greatest threat to freedom in the world today.

hmmm....but why do u think it is corrupted system?

1. Disappearinghead profile image61
        Disappearingheadposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Observation?

kindly elaborate

1. Disappearinghead profile image61
            Disappearingheadposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Well Oladarkwriter provides a good summary. Or do you want me to provide more examples? Burkas, women forbidden to travel alone, stoning, beheading, terrorism, imams who support or fail to condemn,......etc.

but where is corruption of system involved in this...may be that is system itself?

1. kirstenblog profile image79
                kirstenblogposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I see what you are getting at here and you may well be right but I find it hard to believe myself, simply because of the good Muslims out there. If you look it doesn't take long to find Muslims who claim that Islam is peaceful and teaches love. The actions of those people backs up the fact that they believe this good stuff about Islam. I come to the conclusion that it's a corrupted religion because good people wanting to see the good things are able to find them, if the religion is not actually corrupt and the evil we see is ment to be there, I have no way of accounting for the good Muslims in this world who seem genuine and honestly caring. Did that make sense? hmm

it did...yup there are many good muslims in the world...infact they seem to be in majority in Islam too...i was just trying to understand from that premise that what we called corruption might have be from day 1...

1. kirstenblog profile image79
                    kirstenblogposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I tend to think the corruption lies in the difference between what Islam is in ideological terms and what it is in real terms. If I had no experience of anything that Islam does in this world and simply formed my idea of what it is based only on the words of those who believe in it, it would seem like a brilliant and wonderful religion. Sadly, I live in the real world and luckly don't live under a rock, so know a lot more about the actions of muslims in the name of Allah and because of the teachings of the koran that are not wonderful or brilliant but are horrid and frankly evil. Seeing this vast gulf between what the ideal of Islam is claimed to be by its good members and the reality of it's actions and contributions to the modern world makes me think corruption is the best word to use. When it comes down to it, you could say that the teachings of Hitler are less corrupted then Islam, at least with Hitler he didn't try to sound tolerant and accepting, he is honest about his aim to spread hate…. hmm

10. WriteAngled profile image73
    WriteAngledposted 12 years ago

I posted my view on Islam in another thread today:
    http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/87374?p … ost1871545

11. slappywalker profile image92
    slappywalkerposted 12 years ago

I just view Islam as one of many religions in the world today.

There are radical sects in almost every religion out there, so I don't put much stock into the fact that it is a religion that teaches hate and violence.

People do crazy things and follow crazier people sometimes. That's just the way of the world unfortunately.

12. seoustad profile image60
    seoustadposted 12 years ago

Well I am a Muslim, and my views are that it is one of the most detailed and authentic religion. It discuss about human and why they are here. They have answers with logic's like no other religion.

got that..thanks for sharing ur views...

13. seoustad profile image60
    seoustadposted 12 years ago

no problem

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)