Making Money.

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (35 posts)
  1. profile image0
    MP50posted 12 years ago

Is it really possible to make a proper legal living, working from home?

1. paradigmsearch profile image61
      paradigmsearchposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Possible, yes. Probable, no.

1. profile image0
        MP50posted 12 years agoin reply to this

LOL.

2. Mike Shreeve profile image41
        Mike Shreeveposted 12 years agoin reply to this

hahah agreed

3. satellitee profile image40
        satelliteeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

diplomatic answer

2. Uninvited Writer profile image80
      Uninvited Writerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Many people do.

1. profile image0

Thanks.

2. profile image0

Thanks....will keep trying.

3. satellitee profile image40
        satelliteeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

hey ,will you tell me any of f.

3. caleb89 profile image60
      caleb89posted 11 years agoin reply to this

You may be able to if you are lucky. Unfortunately most of us have to find a job outside the house to support ourselves and our families. That is why college is so important.

2. kalbretti profile image59
    kalbrettiposted 12 years ago

I know a few people who work from home and do very well.

1. profile image0

Thanks.

2. profile image0

Hope I can join them LOL.

3. Hey Young World profile image61
    Hey Young Worldposted 12 years ago

It is definitely possible, but you have to actually work.

1. profile image0

I am working as hard as I can.
      Thanks for your reply.......Sounds promising.

1. Hey Young World profile image61
        Hey Young Worldposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Didn't mean to say you aren't working hard. I've done quite a few internet marketing methods since I was 18 years old (now 24) and one thing I have learned is the "get rich quick " methods never last long. I was making around $10,000 - $17,000 a month from home with cost-per-action offers using some pretty deceptive methods up until august of this year. I was issued a C&D and had all of my websites shut down. I learned a lot from it and started new with long term methods that aren't deceptive.

I definitely am no where near the daily earnings I was making, but I don't have the added stress of doing something deceptive or morally wrong in most peoples eyes.

Maybe I'll write a hub later this week on how I make money from home with an honest method that anyone with a computer, hosting account, domains, and a bit of writing skills can do.

1. profile image0

No offence taken.......thanks for the reply.

4. Pcunix profile image90
    Pcunixposted 12 years ago

I "worked from home" from 1983 to 1991 and then from 1997 to now.

That doesn't mean I never left my house to go to customers.  In the 80's, I was out almost every day - no Internet, then.  Some customers had dial-up modems, but it was usually easier to just go there.

Even after I had Internet, most of my customers did not. It's only been the last ten years or so where I could reasonably expect to have access to their systems from my home.   Now I rarely go "out" for customers.

1. Singular Investor profile image70
      Singular Investorposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Sure, it depends what you can do. I have worked from home for 25 years as a translator. If you mean work from home as a blogger then there are some who make many thousands e.g. problogger, shoemoney etc.. there are others who appear to make a good living who are less well-known and there were some on HP who made a lot before the infamous Panda update, maybe they still do- I haven't been following  events much lately

1. profile image0

Thanks.

2. profile image0

7.500+ posts how can you type so fast? I am immpressed!

1. Pcunix profile image90
        Pcunixposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I cannot type fast - about 35 wpm at max.

5. Dale Nelson profile image39
    Dale Nelsonposted 12 years ago

The joy about online income, if that's what you mean by working form home,is that it is one of the only incomes that is viewed as annuity income. If you build your income correctly, the writing that you do is not lost and will keep earning going forward.

So to answer your question, if you know what it took to earn a dollar consistently every month without doing any more work, then in theory if you multiply the amount of work by what your desired monthly income is, it should be possible to achieve. So how much is too much work to do it once off and live off the annuity income.

Thats the way I've always looked at it.

1. profile image0

Thanks.

6. jcmayer777 profile image64
    jcmayer777posted 12 years ago

I do very well online.  I haven't quit my fulltime job (primarily because of health insurance), but I make more online than I do offline, even with working overtime. 

IMO, the key is to devote a lot of time to studying how to make money online.  If you are attempting to use revenue sharing sites to accomplish this, you need to spend tons and tons of hours studying SEO, LSI, keyword selection, etc. 

You might (even though I may get flamed for this) want to consider spending a few bucks on materials to help you study.  The best $30 or so I've ever spent was for an ebook about SEO, which got me started. You can find a lot of help free onlne, but how do you know the person writing knows anything?  I've read a ton of free "help" online that was pure garbage and bad info. 

After you know what you're doing, you can do it effectively.

1. profile image0

Great Answer........Thank You.

2. carol3san profile image59
      carol3sanposted 12 years agoin reply to this

thanks for the info

7. LoriSoard profile image64
    LoriSoardposted 12 years ago

I make my living completely from home with a combination of writing, editing and web design. I am at HubPages to build more residual income and up the amount I make in a year. Do I make great money? Not really. But, I do make enough to help my family and what I could make working part-time at any other job around here. I also homeschool my daughter, so I like working 30 or less hours a week and don't want to add more right now.

1. LoriSoard profile image64
      LoriSoardposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Oh, and I have made my living online since 1996. The first few years of doing so, I didn't make much, but then I learned and did better and better.

8. Cheeky Girl profile image65
    Cheeky Girlposted 12 years ago

There are many ways to earn a living while living at home! Anyone with a skill or training or who writes or paints... I know lots of folks who do this and earn from home.

9. amilypitt profile image60
    amilypittposted 12 years ago

work from home is a good option for a part time job because it does not give you a surety but you can adopt it as a full time work if you have a good network of people, passion, dedication about your work.

10. phillippeengel profile image82
    phillippeengelposted 12 years ago

I have to say that I am quite jinxed since I don't earn lots of money just by working from home. A considerable percentage of the success of working from home comes from luck.

11. amithak50 profile image61
    amithak50posted 12 years ago

Yeah sure!! but as Everywork require dedication with that you can do

12. profile image0
    cottageindustryposted 11 years ago

Yes it is possible, but your input will determine how much. The only hurdle is determining the real deal from all the quack money making ideas online.

13. noenhulk profile image60
    noenhulkposted 11 years ago

Work at home online? Odesk, elance and getafreelancer are all legitimate. I have some of my friends tried it now they are doing full time freelancing. lol

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)