What is the religion of God?

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (110 posts)
  1. jainismus profile image73
    jainismusposted 12 years ago

Can you tell me that what is the religion of God?

1. paradigmsearch profile image60
      paradigmsearchposted 12 years agoin reply to this

"Lab Rat Experiment 17"

2. Cagsil profile image70
      Cagsilposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Wouldn't it be nice to determine whether or not "G/god" is actually real and not some imaginary mindless disease engulfing of the brain.

3. A Troubled Man profile image57
      A Troubled Manposted 12 years agoin reply to this

God is an atheist, He does not believe in any other Gods.

1. Captain Redbeard profile image61
        Captain Redbeardposted 12 years agoin reply to this

lol good one

2. mathsciguy profile image61
        mathsciguyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Ah, but he does.  And, by extension, so do all who say that they believe that God is the author of Truth.  Please refer to Exodus 12:12 where God says "And against all the gods of Egypt I will execute judgment."  Also, Exodus 22:28 - "Thou shalt not revile the gods.' 

Perhaps these other gods died off or something somewhere along the line.  But it seems pretty clear that even God thought there was substance enough to other 'gods' that he saw reason to execute judgment against them and to refer to them in plural. 

So, to answer the question, polytheistic definitely.

You should study the Nephilim. The first half of the old testament is about them.

1. LookingForWalden profile image60
            LookingForWaldenposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Lol nephilim is my gamertag on steam,Xbox, and  psn.

1. Jesus was a hippy profile image60
              Jesus was a hippyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Do you post on youtube's 10 questions?

1. LookingForWalden profile image60
                LookingForWaldenposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Nah

You should visit youtubes "10 questions that every intelligent christian should answer" video.

There is always some entertaining debate on there. That is actually how I started debating religion.

I first went on youtube looking for conspiracy theorist videos to post on for a laugh and I stumbled across the 10 questions video. I got to know a few people and ended up posting there for years, learned loads about religions, DNA, evolution and world history as a result.

After a while, I got a little tired of the frequent visits made by people who were arguing without any intellect or information about what they were arguing about so I searched for a site where the posters would be a little more intelligent and that is how I found this site.

I thought a site dedicated to authors MUST be frequented by intelligent, intellectual people who would have much more articulated arguments then "god did it now dont question him".

Oh how wrong I was.

LOL who would've thought a 3 letter response would invoke such a lengthy reply?

big_smile

2. aka-dj profile image64
                    aka-djposted 12 years agoin reply to this

lol lol lol

That's so funny!

lol lol lol

The level of intelligence certainly dropped another notch with your presence!

lol lol lol

And you have the misconception that you are debating, intelligently.

lol lol lol ROTFL.

3. Heatherlavern profile image69
        Heatherlavernposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I feel like i'm trapped in HELL!

1. A Troubled Man profile image57

But, you're not, you're free to think and feel and act like any other human. Perhaps, it is your religion that is making you feel that way.

Just a thought. smile

4. OutWest profile image56
      OutWestposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I don't believe God has a religion only people.

I've got to go with this one.

After all... God is God (aka Higher Power). Religion is man-made.

5. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Christianity.  Without denominational trappings.

And as far as the "works" of religion, the Bible states that pure, undefiled religion is to visit the widowed and fatherless in their affliction and to keep ones's self unspotted from the world.

Hazah! Spot on miss.

1. profile image0

smile

6. Jesus was a hippy profile image60

I'm not sure I understand the question? ALL religions are based on a belief in a god. To answer your question, they all are?

1. MelissaBarrett profile image59
        MelissaBarrettposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Not all religions are based on a god.

They are when you take the dictionary definition of "religion" as belief in a god.

I guess it would depend on how you define the word. Everybody has their own understanding or definition.

7. profile image0
      Virgil Newsomeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

God believes in Himself.

8. profile image0
      darknight444posted 12 years agoin reply to this

hhh

religion is e message of god to humanity

i belive it s abrahamique religions
      but thanks to ppl who have when ever god reveal e new one thy stuben and stay at the first

9. Xenonlit profile image61
      Xenonlitposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I truly cannot see where anyone but human beings make up religion. Why would God waste time making up religion, which is a mess these days. Only people can make such a mess of things.

10. pennyofheaven profile image80
      pennyofheavenposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Living

2. skyfire profile image79
    skyfireposted 12 years ago

If you're hindu then god is hinduism has santan dharma religion. If you're buddhist, god has no religion. If you're islamic then god is muslim. If you're pastafarian then god is noodly.

If you're christian then god is christian, for christs sake. hmm

3. profile image0
    Brenda Durhamposted 12 years ago

I think the OP meant what's the Godly religion, not that God Himself has a religion....?

Possibly. But I have to go with, what the OP wrote is what I see.

2. MelissaBarrett profile image59

In that case, the most "Godly" religion would likely be Jainism, followed closely by Buddhism, then Hinduism.

That is if you define God as kind, loving, peaceful and forgiving.

If your God is an angry, jealous, murderous son of a (*&)( then Christianity and Islam are neck and neck.

I cannot find fault with your statement. lol

Actually, I'm going to take that back. I'm a kinder, gentler paradigmsearch now.

1. profile image0

Unbeknownst to you, I have you to thank for calming me down.  Melissa's post had me chomping at the bit.  But I'm coolin' my heels now.  'Tis the season for Thanksgiving.  smile

1. Greek One profile image63
              Greek Oneposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Melissa admitted that she is a witch, and thus should be forgiven

If... she.. weighs the same as a duck, she's made of wood.

And therefore--?

A witch!

1. Hollie Thomas profile image60
                  Hollie Thomasposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Ah, but will Melissa sink when immersed?

Seriously Hollie, you are quickly becoming my first online girl-crush. If you can tell me whether a coconut can be carried by an African swallow, I will declare you my Goddess.

2. Jesus was a hippy profile image60

Well if we're all admitting what we are then I am the grand wizard of nincompoops

2. profile image0

I didn't get a copy of that memo.
                Wouldja send me one?
                lol

2. Greek One profile image63

can't follow any religion with a swastika as a symbol

They had it first.  Hitler stole it.

doesnt matter... they should have picked something more complicated to copy

LOL, like a cross?

dont change the subject

2. OutWest profile image56
          OutWestposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It's not a swastika it is backwards to the Nazi swastika.  And obviously much older.

4. Greek One profile image63
    Greek Oneposted 12 years ago

Greek Orthodox, obviously

5. livelonger profile image87
    livelongerposted 12 years ago

If there is a G-d, then why would it worship anything? It has no religion. Religion, in all of its different flavors, is for people.

6. Greek One profile image63
    Greek Oneposted 12 years ago

thank you for my new medical condition...

sterility
    [stəril′itē]
    Etymology: L, sterilis, barren
    a condition of being unable to conceive or reproduce the species.

7. Jerrico Usher profile image57
    Jerrico Usherposted 12 years ago

I think God worships us smile think about it.  It's through our growth, our enlightenment that the whole of which we are all a part grows- in some circles they believe that god created us as a form of expression and that we are all but pieces of god manifest in a reality of expression.

In that belief, god and us- we're the same and we'd mirror one another, synergize with one another and worship one another (as we understand the word "worship" not as a verb but as an adjective- respect and realize that both sides appeal to and bring out the other. If we're an expression of god (man in his/her image) then we'd worship one another equally- not with prejudice but with the laws of love.

These are solely my views on the question/answer- yours may differ, but I don't see either as wrong or write, only opinion.

1. profile image0

Sorry, but the very definition of God (or even "god/gods") indicates that God is the entity worthy of being worshipped.    I personally ain't gonna worship any human being, no matter how great they may think they are.   And neither do I want to be worshipped like a god or God.   You may think God worships you, but I bet you have a hard lesson coming! lol   God is Love, yes, but He is also the Creator, the only Being worthy of being worshipped.
      The only "piece of God" that's worthy of worship was/is/will be Jesus the Christ.  HE was divine.  Not the rest of mankind.

1. livelonger profile image87
        livelongerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hmmm...

1. profile image0

No hmmm about it.
          Jesus's body was human, yes.  But the Book of John in the Holy Bible tells us that Jesus was God in a fleshly body.  He was perfect and sinless.  No one else is.  Christians don't worship Jesus's body.  We worship Him in the three manifestations He revealed---Father, Son, & Holy Spirit.  All One, with distinct but inseparable manifestations for our spiritual benefit.

If he was sinless he wouldnt have been crucified. Doesnt the bible say something about following the laws of the land.........?

1. profile image0

Au contraire, He was the only "person" found to be worthy as the supreme Sacrifice.

2. livelonger profile image87

OK, so sinless people are worthy of worship?

1. profile image0

There are no sinless people.  So the point is moot.

Of course there are sinless people. How the hell can a baby be sinful?

And jesus did break the laws of the land which is a sin according to the bible. That is why he was crucified. No amount of you denying it will make it true.

1. profile image0

I stand corrected on that one point---yes, babies are sinless.  I was thinking along the lines of adults and thought everyone else was too.

Jesus, being God, knew that His laws were far above man's laws when it came down to the nitty-gritty.

Yes, and his law being that you should follow the laws of the land is bove all others right?

So you should follow the laws of the land?

I dont think you even noticed how ridiculous this argument is. You are arguing that jesus wasn't a sinner.

He created the laws. Why would he create laws he knew he would break himself?

Dear oh dear, more inconsistencies. Jesus created a law to follow the laws of the land and he broke it himself. Talk about leading by example.

Don't you think it's odd how easy it is for me to find more and more flaws with the bible?

One would think such a great book would be indisputable right? The bible is nonsense after nonsense. There is nothing in that book that does not raise further questions or contradict itself.

I cannot possibly place any trust in such a book.

2. livelonger profile image87

How are you so sure? Jesus said he was. People believed him. Maybe there will be another sinless person soon.

1. Hollie Thomas profile image60

Don't hold breath.

1. profile image0

Indeed! Good advice.

3. Hollie Thomas profile image60

I agree, no one else is. Odd though, the sinless are always first with the Judgements.

4. A Troubled Man profile image57

That would mean Jesus was not a human, hence he couldn't die if he was just in a fleshly body. If he couldn't die, what's all the fuss about then?

Dont bad mounth jesus he sacrificed himself to himself to pay for the sins that he decided were wrong and saved us fom the punishment that he himself put upon us.

Oh and after he sacrificed himself he brought himself back to life again. Wow. What a sacrifice.

2. Jesus was a hippy profile image60

God is an atheist.

8. MelissaBarrett profile image59
    MelissaBarrettposted 12 years ago

You know, I think it is some deep-seeded personality flaw of mine that when I see someone who assumes that they know all the answers, I assume that they are lacking vital information somewhere.

I also think that they are missing so many answers by never questioning what they think they know.

*shrugs* that's just me.

My original point stands, having read some of the teachings of the Jainism, Hindu, and Buddhist faiths, they really are a more peaceful, loving religion.  Christianity and Islam really are more violent and bloody. 

I question that sometimes and I wonder why more people don't.  I don't understand the need to turn God into a scornful, abusive father-figure and I don't understand why an afterlife under that kind of care is so attractive.

For those who do think of God as peaceful and loving, then why so much disdain for religions where the emphasis is on that vision?

I also don't understand a religion/God that wishes his followers to be uneducated.  I would think that God would want us to study all religions and understand all people.  *shrugs* But no one ever answers these types of questions except atheists... and then the answer is akin to "because the religious are idiots"... failing any other input to the question, I am increasingly being forced to agree with them.

1. profile image0
      brotheryochananposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I don't understand the need to turn God into a scornful, abusive father-figure and I don't understand why an afterlife under that kind of care is so attractive.

Nobody turned God into that. This is just human perception gone awry. We have to understand the passion of Gods love as per john 3:16 and looking at the OT we need to understand the times and the nations, all expert in war, surrounding, enslaved Israel who were not expert in war.
      We need to look at the demise of the Early Church which was false doctrine and we need to know that a loving parent sees dangers far off in the distance and will do everything to protect their child(ren).
      People who read the OT as a tome of hate are really just reading through ignorant eyes.

Jainism, Hindu, and Buddhist faiths, they really are a more peaceful, loving religion.

That may seem quite true but doesn't that strike you as odd? I mean if something were made up, it would want to, of itself be pleasing, relaxing to the soul. It would be very careful not to have controversial elements that could be construed as alarming or embarassing, but, Truth can only be what truth is and that is truth.
      We need to realize that the afterlife is forever and that forever is a really long time and we need to know that all decisions are final. Once God makes decisions about the afterlife these decisions are permanent, so therefore these decisions cannot be made without a high degree of seriousness and even a very high bar to attain to. God is making decisions about who lives with him and like you and I there are prerequisites.
      Its the controversy that gives the bible a hint of reality to it and then when mixed with other persuasive evidence - its just all round believable.

I also don't understand a religion/God that wishes his followers to be uneducated

There are many answers to this: none of them amount to uneducated, just because christians don't open all the books in the world and become brainiacs is irrelevant. I mean do the scientific, overly smart, worldly, rich or famous pick Christianity? the meek and humble and people who are not high up, these are clay pots God can mold - not those who know it all.

1) why bother, the info about other religions is only good for debating those who are of those other religions.
      2) the bible is big enough without adding heaps of other reading material.
      3) There is a time for everything. Some people can be taken in with the easier gods. Look around at the smorgasbord of wrong and stupid spiritual beliefs there are. People are making up their own jesus' but is that the jesus of the bible? No. Many sources blur the picture. Some people have adopted the book of enoch and thereby have this huge angelology which is not supported by scripture and to make this even funnier (sarcasm) the book of enoch was not even written by enoch, the very first words are a lie, yet people lap it up.
      4) Understanding people is not a prerequisite of christianity. It helps to know how to talk to them but we need not be psychiatrists.

9. Heatherlavern profile image69
    Heatherlavernposted 12 years ago

What do you mean what is the religion of God? God is a spirit, if
    you don't believe in God you will meet him when you die. The bible says after death is the judgement and we all will face judgement. Enjoy your earth because it is all vanity like smoke, like dust, like air. May God grant you the blessing of  wisdom.

I dont think it is acceptable that you should claim the bible as truth without evidence. In fact I find it insulting.

How do you know god is real? How do you know anyone will meet him after death? How do you know there is anything after death?

1. Heatherlavern profile image69

I find it insulting for you to claim that God is not real, I find it insulting to believe that we came on this earth to eat drink and die. I know God is real because i have a relation ship with him. If i Show you a colorful picture in the darkness would you see it? I don't  think so, you would not understand me having a relationship with God because you don't believe, its like darkness you can't see unless the light is switch on. I don't know what evidence are you requesting because we are all evidence of God's creation. We are spirit living in the body, the body is like home to our spirit. We are not God, if we were, you would have known how to stop death, but we can't we all know who has the key to life and death. How can you not believe because you haven't seen. If i tell you that the key to you car is in a box, would you go check the box first to see if the key is in it or you would just assume that the key could never be in a box? You answer for your last question how do you know there is anything after death? I rather die believing in God than having no belief at all. I believe we all have life experiences to tell a story because our story can have so positive effect on someone going through a similar circumstances, what if we did not have history to look back on what happen in the past, how would we as people learn or gain knowledge and wisdom, The bible is one of the oldest history book in the world, it a book of truth for believers, you can choose not to believe it that is your choice but you should not expect apology for some one who has chosen to walk in the light of God's word. Thanks for your comment. cheers!!

I find it remarkable that someone can think so highly of themselves as to be righteously insulted when someone doesn't believe the same way as them. I may like to argue but I've never found the need for the whole world to think exactly as I do.  If you were Jesus, I can see a personal insult, but alas, you are not.

1. Disappearinghead profile image61
            Disappearingheadposted 12 years agoin reply to this

think you're being rather harsh on Heather aren't you Melissa. I've been reading posts by Jesuswasahippy for some months now and in comparison he/she comes over as far and above as someone who "thinks so highly of themselves" and he/she often feigns righteous insult in responses to comments by those of faith.

I think Heather was being reactionary to JWaH, but that is exactly what he/she was trying to achieve.

I've already had words with JWAH... It was in a different thread.  I usually only give my opinion on someone once or twice smile.

2. Heatherlavern profile image69

I could never ever compare my self with Jesus he is righteous and holy. I'm a sinner save by grace. I'm a retch.. You have all right of opinion but comparing me with a holy and righteous savior is just too much. Too much my dear. I not even worthy of him.

Such low self esteem. sigh....

This is another of those things I hate about christianity.

SIN is a CONCEPT that can only exist if a god exists. There is no evidence for a god and therefore SIN is but a CONCEPT. It is not proven to be real.

Thus your belief that you are a retched sinner is self detrimental and completely unecessary.

It sickens me that such beliefs can lead people to such derogatory views of themselves.

Right and wrong are subjective. If YOU think that you are doing the right things then you ARE righteous.

2. A Troubled Man profile image57

If reality does not show gods existing and shows we are here to eat, drink and die, then you are insulted by reality.

Why do you have a relationship and others do not? Do you believe you are special over and above others?

That makes no sense. The only difference is that you want to believe you are having a relationship with God so you pretend to have one.

No, we're not evidence of gods, we are evidence of nature and evolution.

Spirits have not been shown to exist so your claim is false.

Again, your examples makes no sense.

Which means God is something you want to believe as opposed to what is real.

The Bible is not a history book, but there are historical documents that do tell us what happened in the past. Just because the Bible is an old book doesn't mean it's true, it just means it's old, medieval thinking about myths and superstitions.

1. Heatherlavern profile image69

The bible is a holy book and its content are historical truth of the pass. What do you mean is not a history book. What is it then? maybe a newspaper...

LOL!  That's quite funny.

The Bible is a book of parables/stories based on myths, kind of like Aesops Fables. Did you not know that?

1. aka-dj profile image64

Who told you all this trash?

Have you done NO research?

Now THAT'S funny!!

lol lol lol

The Bible.

I tried contacting God, Jesus, Satan and all the other ghosts and goblins mentioned in the Bible for an interview, but they don't seem to be returning my calls.

Unfortunately, the Bible is all there is left to stand on its own.

1. aka-dj profile image64

With an answer like that, I'm more convinced than before, that you have not read it at all.

I suppose there is no reason to expect that you ever will. Your chosen ignorance has truly blinded you.

sad: sad

10. bertarmada profile image60
    bertarmadaposted 12 years ago

God of course has no religion. Religion is man's creation. Man is God's creation. God is sufficient to Himself.

11. LookingForWalden profile image60
    LookingForWaldenposted 12 years ago

I have numbers after it but I didn't want to post the full name on here. There seems to be an unscrupulous fellow that would buy an Xbox solely for the purpose of recruiting me.

12. LookingForWalden profile image60
    LookingForWaldenposted 12 years ago

Can I inquire about Jonah and the fish?

What about it?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)