Batman vs. Superman

Jump to Last Post 1-25 of 25 discussions (44 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Stevennix2001posted 12 years ago

Okay, who'd win in a fight?  No special rules, as each of these characters are free to fight and strategize against each other however the hell they want.  Who'd win in a fight?  Please be elaborate as possible when telling us who you think would win.

1. profile image0
      Phoebe Pikeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Superman gave Batman a ring that saps his powers should he ever become evil, but Batman could beat him anyways. The ring was meant to make as little damage as possible. Batman will outsmart Superman everytime.

2. couturepopcafe profile image60
      couturepopcafeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Batman didn't have any powers.  He had a bunch of really cool uber gadgets and a lot of smoke and mirrors. 
      Superman had all the powers 

Batman was a sucker much of the time.  For a human, he had little common sense and was often duped by his adversaries. 
      Superman - only one flaw.  Kryptonite.

Batman - played by some really good looking actors in high tech films
      Superman - not so much

Batman - great graphic novel illustrations and different iterations by genius illustrators.
      Superman - not so much.

Batman wins for aesthetics, sensitivity and cool value
      Superman wins for battles

2. skyfire profile image81
    skyfireposted 12 years ago

You're forgetting one important power of superman.... Lazer eyes ? wink

Batman u iz toast..

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_cPczfwigsP4/SZzAFOG4EyI/AAAAAAAACAY/zQGQbhSNflU/s400/lasercatssmall.jpg

1. nicole gr profile image59
      nicole grposted 12 years agoin reply to this

i like your foto .its funny..!!

3. LookingForWalden profile image60
    LookingForWaldenposted 12 years ago

Batman beat superman when he was like sixty already in The Dark Knight Returns.

4. terrektwo profile image81
    terrektwoposted 12 years ago

Supe, hands down, I know this isn't elaborate but Superman has powers, batman doesn't. Some may say, well he could use Kryptonite on him but all Supe has to do is throw a boulder across town a make bat jam for his toast, burn him to bat butter (again for his toast) from afar with his laser heat vision, or even make a bat sickle (not so much for toast in this case) from afar with his super breath.

1. profile image0

Superman isn't that bright. He always talks first and Batman simply reacts. Batman is a genius and is always three steps ahead.

1. skyfire profile image81
        skyfireposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Superman can fly outside earths atmosphere without oxygen, beat that  tongue

1. profile image0

Superman is limited because his power comes from the sun. As Batman is human, his power is only limited by what he invents. Superman's body can only take so much and Batman knows exactly how much and could easily destroy him with that knowledge. Brains over brawn.

2. profile image0
        Stevennix2001posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Ah but one of Superman's powers is super intelligence, as he's smarter than most human beings.  Unfortunately, Batman is arguably a lot more resourceful though, as Superman doesn't really know any fighting moves.  No, he really just relies on his super powers most of the time; whereas batman, he's virtually trained to be a one man army his whole life, and he's always calculative about how he approaches his opponents.  Therefore, you might have a good point about batman having the advantage against superman in terms of intellect, and fighting tactics.  however, i wouldn't say that superman isn't that smart though.

2. profile image0

Oh but would superman really play that rough with batman?  After all, we have to also consider their personalities and fighting styles.  Superman is essentially the ultimate boyscout, so I doubt seriously he'd try to kill batman during a fight and go all out like that.  If he did, then batman would be in serious trouble.  However, because superman would hold back, then it would give batman some sort of an advantage. 

Besides, if Superman isn't using his powers to kill Lex Luthor using the same methods you just described, then I doubt he'd ever pull that on batman.  Just saying.

5. Greek One profile image64
    Greek Oneposted 12 years ago

what about Aquaman???

http://extremelyfunny.info/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/aquamans-special-powers.jpg

6. tobey100 profile image61
    tobey100posted 12 years ago

How do you defeat someone who's indestructable?  (without kryptonite).  Besides, Batman has always worried me a little running around with a much younger boy named Robin.

7. carol3san profile image60
    carol3sanposted 12 years ago

supperman would win in a fight, hands down.

1. couturepopcafe profile image60
      couturepopcafeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

supperman??  lol  I'll take a steak sandwich, medium rare.  You're right.  Supperman would win hands down.  Holy McCheeseburger, Batman!

8. mortimerjackson profile image59
    mortimerjacksonposted 12 years ago

Whoever is writing the story determines who wins. Believe me. I've seen Batman beat Superman so many times, and the only reason he always wins is because it's more fun to watch Batman take down Superman than to watch Superman take down Batman.

Writing tends to be that way. The protagonist always has good-guy powers that make him win in the end. So it doesn't really matter.

1. tobey100 profile image61
      tobey100posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Why are these two fighting anyway?  Aren't they both supposed to be good guys?  I'm so depressed now.......you can't count on anyone any more.

2. profile image0

Yeah, I think you're right about that when you stop to think about it.  If superman beats the crap out of batman, then people will look at him like a bully picking on a guy that's clearly no match for him physically.  However, if batman beats up superman, then people are prone to say "look at how batman overcame the odds to beat the 'man of steel.'  he's so cunning and brave!"  lol  Sad, but it's true. 

However, to all those pointing out that Batman wouldn't have a chance against superman without kryptonite, i remember a friend of mine once told me that batman TRICKED superman once into entering an area that emitted the same solar rays as a red sun, and batman just started to kick superman's a** before he could even react.  Does that count as using a weapon if he tricks superman into an area that emits a solar red sun energy to take away supes' powers?

9. Greek One profile image64

Oh snaaaaap!

He didn't call Aquaman a 'fish bitch', did he??

http://onceuponageek.com/images/aquacover36.jpg

See!!  He had to use kryptonite.

1. Greek One profile image64
        Greek Oneposted 12 years agoin reply to this

so?

It wasn't a fair fight.  What if Superman had brought  grease and a frying pan, and a fillet knife?

10. skyfire profile image81

Rules are fight without kryptonite...  big_smile

11. Greek One profile image64

if you have to have 'rules' then i say you have to take away Superman's strength and ability to fly.. geeesh

1. skyfire profile image81
      skyfireposted 12 years agoin reply to this

kryptonite is a weapon against superman... and no weapons allowed...new rule..physical strength and using brain is allowed  tongue

1. profile image0

That may be true, but I know a friend of mine once told me that batman TRICKED superman into an area where it emitted the solar energies of a red sun to take away superman's powers.  After he lost his powers, batman just started beating the crap out of him before he could react, so i wouldn't underestimate batman.  sure, in a straight up fist fight, i think anyone would agree that superman would clearly take out batman using only his freaking pinky if he wanted to.  However, unlike superman, batman is a tactical genius when it comes to fighting, so he's going to have a plan mapped out before he even fights superman beforehand.

12. Greek One profile image64

Form of.. kryptonite

Form of... a glass of water...

http://www.gummibunny.com/images/wonder-twins.jpg

13. Greek One profile image64

if batman cant even use weapons that he devised in his mind, then the only fair fight would between these too..

http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lrqtek5J3R1r2xsodo1_500.png

1. emrldphx profile image60
      emrldphxposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Didn't the green lantern fight a superman too?

<---------- Not a comic-book junkie

14. skyfire profile image81

Flash ?

15. LookingForWalden profile image60
    LookingForWaldenposted 12 years ago

That's captain marvel.

Magic is supermans other weakness.

16. Greek One profile image64

In the business of comic books, he was Supaerman's real nemesis..

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/d/d4/Captainmarvel.JPG/250px-Captainmarvel.JPG

17. leahlefler profile image95
    leahleflerposted 12 years ago

Batman would win. There aren't any phone booths anymore, so Superman would be stuck in Clark Kent mode (can't reveal his secret identity - advantage: Batman).

18. sabrebIade profile image81
    sabrebIadeposted 12 years ago

http://i.imgur.com/hkaSu.jpg

1. The Reminder profile image74
      The Reminderposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Haha..That's hilarious

19. sandarya profile image60
    sandaryaposted 12 years ago

i'll go with Batman as he has special Power which works more than a laser eye and nondestructive body and that is Strategy and his amazing weapon

Weapon - Brain
    Weight - 250gm
    Energy - Enormous
    Sustainability - Till Death
    Speed - More than a bullet
    Durability - Until Some body smash your head like a watermelon

The main reason i am a fan of batman is because being a simple human being he barred everything like pain, consequences and he obtained prestige no less than superman. being a human being he can fly,fight, and moreover protects Gotham from every danger.
    http://s1.hubimg.com/u/5824984_f248.jpg

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/5824995_f248.jpg

20. sabrebIade profile image81

http://i.imgur.com/EjpCN.jpg

1. profile image0

lollol  Pretty funny stuff. lol

21. sabrebIade profile image81

I look at the two of them as an example of Mutual assured destruction...

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." - Batman, Superman/Batman #3

But then you have the Justice League issue (JLA #4) where all the other League members were captured except for Batman and the leader said “He’s only a man. What can one man do?” and Superman answered "He’s the most dangerous man alive."

"If Clark wanted to, he could use his superspeed and squish me into the cement. But I know how he thinks. Even more than the Kryptonite, he's got one big weakness. Deep down, Clark's essentially a good person... and deep down, I'm not." - Batman, Batman #612

22. Will Apse profile image88
    Will Apseposted 12 years ago

Batman is superrich. Superman is just another immigrant from another galaxy.

Immigrant vs fully paid up member of the plutocracy.

I mean Superman doesn't even have a butler...

23. ecury tanaka profile image64
    ecury tanakaposted 12 years ago

I would say Batman. Why?
    #1. He is a rich billionaire as Bruce Wayne.
    #2. Where there is money, there is power to control.
    #3. He can manipulate the citizens to think Superman is evil and is here to take over the World.
    #4. If Gotham city is not enough, he can join venture with Metropolis rich boy; Lex Luthor.
    #5. Superman's weakness is Kryptonite. Batman got brains.
    #6. Bruce Wayne can break Clark Kent's heart by going after Lois Lane?
    #7. Let Superman wear a chain of Kryptonite and lock him up in Arkham Asylum inmate with The Joker. They'll live happily ever after~

No offence to Superman lovers, but I prefer 'brain' over 'muscle'. I'm a big fan of JLA & Avengers...shoot me!    tongue

24. profile image0
    katinafergusonposted 12 years ago

Dunno how Batman's armor would hold up to a punch from Superman but fact of the matter is that his only weakness is being human. By contrast Superman's only weakness is kryptonite. SO, my vote goes to Batman. He just needs to lace his armor with kryptonite (he's rich enough to get whatever materials he needs right?) and give Superman a good spanking. smile

25. The Jet profile image67
    The Jetposted 12 years ago

Psh... Batman would kick Superman's arse. He'd use his brain to weaponize kryptonite.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)