If you think God is impossible...

Jump to Last Post 1-3 of 3 discussions (38 posts)
  1. emrldphx profile image60
    emrldphxposted 12 years ago

This is directed to people who think they know that there is no such thing as God.

I would be interested in hearing your thoughts. Do you base your belief off of science, logic, personal experience, or something else?

1. Pcunix profile image90
      Pcunixposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Logic.  I have a hub about it.  But what difference does it make?  That hub won't change anyone's mind.  I wrote it for my own amusement and for the amusement of other atheists.

I don't mind if you have delusions about supernatural things.  I have my own delusions.  For example, I like to believe that the evil of religion is at least balanced off by the good.  I don't know that to be true and I know no way to measure "good" vs. "evil", so that is a delusion.  It makes me happier to believe it.  If believing in some god thing makes you happy, that's fine - well, until you start telling me that your delusion expects me to behave in a certain way.,

emrldphxposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I thought I had commented on that hub... maybe I didn't...

Eh, if you don't want to discuss that's fine smile

You may have. I delete most comments by the religious.  My hub, my rules.

Who said I'm religious?

Just because I find flaws in your logic doesn't make me religious?

Then I deleted it because I didn't think it was worth posting, perhaps.  Or maybe you never did post.  If you care, try again.

Or maybe because you couldn't refute me pointing out your illogical arguments.

I'm not going to try again on your hub, I'm fairly certain you would simply not approve it. That's what usually happens.

Right.  That was it.  I couldn't refute your arguments.

Ayup.   That HAD to be it.

Ok, I'll make a thread and you can work at it there.

2. MelissaBarrett profile image59
        MelissaBarrettposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I love you.  Just thought you should know that.

1. Hollie Thomas profile image60
          Hollie Thomasposted 12 years agoin reply to this

And you love me big_smile

1. MelissaBarrett profile image59
            MelissaBarrettposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I do... remember, I'm bi-sexual... apparently that means I love EVERYBODY!

Don't worry though, although I have just discovered my love for Pcunix doesn't lessen my love for you.  You are still my back-up husband and first online girl crush.

1. Hollie Thomas profile image60
              Hollie Thomasposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I've always thought as myself as straight, but I can still love man and woman. I will always be your back up husband and I love Pcunix, too. This is mass utopia of love. Although not a Christian, if I was, I think this would come close to heavenly. big_smile

2. Pcunix profile image90

Sssh.  You are really going to upset our host.

2. A Troubled Man profile image57
      A Troubled Manposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I don't know for sure if there is such a thing as gods but it certainly appears no such thing exists.

Science: A number of theories and laws would be violated if gods existed. Can a god violate them? Sure. Nonetheless, they would still be violated.

Logic: Logic would also dictate gods don't exist by the sheer fact that there is nothing distinguishable between how the laws of the universe govern themselves and the reality we live.

Personal experiences: Useless if they cannot be representative to references of gods. How are those experiences distinguished from anything else if no references are available?

The only reference that is relevant in the real world is, "God made man in his own image"

Unfortunately, evolution would show us that contrarily.

2. paradigmsearch profile image59
    paradigmsearchposted 12 years ago

My lab rat status conclusion is based on all of the above.

Care to elaborate?

1. paradigmsearch profile image59
        paradigmsearchposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Absolutely everything we do to animals for experimentation purposes is also being done to us. The parallels are so uncanny and blatant that it is impossible to discount as a mere coincidence. If we were lab rats to be experimented on, then what is being done to us is exactly how it would be done.

If I'm going to be a lab rat, I want some cheese!

*walks to the fridge*

big_smile

2. profile image0
          Emile Rposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Interestng theory. It makes you wonder if the rats think they've been abducted by aliens. I can hear the few who escaped in the sewers now; trying to warn the rest. And being laughed at.

Or, maybe they are getting book deals?

1. profile image0
              Emile Rposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It's possible. Whichever rodent wrote Secret of Nimh is probably  still knee deep in cheese.

2. paradigmsearch profile image59
              paradigmsearchposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yours is the answer, i.e.: first, gain the experimenter's attention (I have no idea how); second, impress (I have no idea how) or offer something of value (I have no idea what) to the experimenter; third, seek an improvement in one's situation.

I'm good at shining shoes...

3. pennyofheaven profile image79
          pennyofheavenposted 12 years agoin reply to this

What experimentation? What parallels?

3. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 12 years ago

I've never really understood trying to prove or to disprove the existence of God. It's all about faith and choice. I choose to believe, but if others don't, that's their business.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)